• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'll put up all of the details later.. preliminary data for those interested..

Out of 204 packs

1 Golden Legendary (Thermaplug)
10 Legendaries (Malorne, Bolvar, Vol'jin, Trade Prince, Mal'Ganis, Iron Juggernaut, Gazlowe, Mogor, Dr. Boom, Sneed)
5 missing epics (Dark Wispers, Coghammer, Lightbomb, Cog Wrench, Recombobulator)
0 missing rares or commons
7190 dust (not including golds.. either DE golds or DE regs that you have 1-2 golds of)

I screencapped 202 of the packs.. missed a bunk one (1/4) and the one with Mal'Ganis. I'll put an album up later.

packs should be up up at www.icloud.com/photostream/#A4532ODWyQLX3

FeD.nL

Just quoting it here for people:

Goblins vs Gnomes will soon be unleashed upon Europe! Preparation for its arrival has already begun, and Hearthstone will be undergoing maintenance starting at 9:00 p.m. CET. We expect maintenance to complete within a few hours.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates as the launch commences, and we sincerely thank you all for your patience.

Stop with the "a few hours" just stop it ffs.

edit: the last time they said a few hours it took em nearly 6

Goblins vs Gnomes will soon be unleashed upon Europe! Preparation for its arrival has already begun, and Hearthstone will be undergoing maintenance starting at 9:00 p.m. CET. We expect maintenance to complete within a few hours.

Yeah, goodbye 9th December launch.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I added my sister's card and i was finally able to buy 7 meager packs.......but all i got was some good cards but no legendary why blizzard why?!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trump kicking butt. So funny hearing Amaz whine after almost every Trump move.

To be fair, Amaz played Sneeds into mirror entity thinking it was duplicate even know the previous turn CLEARLY established that it was not, lol. His heart's not in it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Watching Amaz and Trump going at it... and it honestly feels like the RNG in the game has increased ten-fold. Like, there's an entire board with deathrattles that's completely RNG. How is this a good idea in the long-term?

Watching Amaz and Trump going at it... and it honestly feels like the RNG in the game has increased ten-fold. Like, there's an entire board with deathrattles that's completely RNG. How is this a good idea in the long-term?

Its not.

We are hours/days away from GVG EU launch. Here is a handy guide on how to buy GVG packs.

tJaktKW.jpg

I'm spending money on arenas rather than packs outright. It makes arena WAY more stressful when you're playing for money and not just in-game currency.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Yeah I'd really like to see an undertaker fix. Playing my paladin deck last night that was the one thing I felt helpless against. Any class that doesn't have a way to deal 3 immediate damage on 2 mana just loses to hunter right now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mm, I get more stressed out when it's about gold and not real life dollars.

At least dollars is replenished each month - gold is way harder to get.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
because ultimately card text RNG doesn't truly decide the game.. It might be the last word on the subject, but the common CCG RNG mechanics (card draw, opening hand, opponent skill level, etc) often shape the match before card text comes into play.. and to a bigger degree.

to put it another way... if you get "screwed" by RNG, almost certainly the match was close enough to begin with that RNG was enough to tip the scales.. if it was that close to begin with, certainly there are other aspects that could have likely tipped it as well (card draw, skill, etc). just like had rng not screwed you it STILL would have been random ultimately screwing the other guy in that case.

ultimately, when you lose a match, the simplest place to blame is the randomness. whether card draw, taking 8 to the face from rag when you have 4 taunts and 6 minions on the board, and in plenty of cases, RNG was the reason you lost.. yes. but reducing the RNG isn't going to make those losses feel any less punishing. you still got screwed by it. and at that moment it will still be "too much".

Everyone agrees with that i think. Im still surprised it didn't happen.

yeah, even the people running it agree it's OP. I'm guessing as those rush decks are (relatively) new blizz wants to see where meta goes with GvG before nerfing it.

egruntz

shelaughz
US arena is easy as fk what's up with that

First the reroll "bug" not being fixed for a year and now this

Murica pls

What new glitch are your referring to? I'd love to exploit it...lol.

Undertaker just needs a shave off his toughness and he'll be fine.

FeD.nL

And here we go again:

We are aware of an issue that is affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts. We are currently investigating the cause and will provide updates as they are available.

We're not getting to play GvG today not a chance.

Iron sensei is so much fun, so much potential too.

I got a bit lucky when I played both senseis on the same turn, they both buffed the nullifier. Then after the nullifier was brought down to 2 hp, they both buffed him again!

Then finally he managed to take out the nullifier by using the hp/attack swap. But then the senseis were buffing eachother!

Alexstrasza sealed that game. After he used healbot, brought him down to 10 in a single turn, then with 2 iron senseis buffing eachother. He was playing some kind of warlock mech deck. But between my rogue weapon and nullifier getting so big, it just snowballed out of control.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah I'd really like to see an undertaker fix. Playing my paladin deck last night that was the one thing I felt helpless against. Any class that doesn't have a way to deal 3 immediate damage on 2 mana just loses to hunter right now.

Double ironbeak is probably the best counter in your case. Silences always get value in this meta.

ViviOggi

What new glitch are your referring to? I'd love to exploit it...lol.

Undertaker just needs a shave off his toughness and he'll be fine.
No glitch just US arena players being absurdly dense, I'm getting decks to 7+ that wouldn't even go to 3 back on EU

Anecdotal of course and the GvG launch bringing in new people is likely a factor

You used to be able to reroll quests infinitely when you logged in at a specific time in the US, guaranteeing 60g and the 100g quest whenever it was off cooldown
It's been there since release or even beta and they only just fixed it 2 or 3 months ago while other regions were never able to profit from it
And here we go again:

We're not getting to play GvG today not a chance.
Ridiculous

Why are so many people bashing on Target Dummy?
He has so much good synergy with other cards in GvG

Yeah he seems decent. I could play him and iron sensei on turn three to get a 2/4 taunt protecting the iron sensei. I'm just not sure if I can get enough value out of that on a consistent basis to include him in my deck. Maybe he is a 1 of in my deck. Not sure what I would cut though and I am coming close to a solid deck I think.

ViviOggi

When you can't get synergy with Target Dummy it's half a Mirror Image, that's laughably bad but still eats up a slot. Doesn't even work with Hobogoblin. It's like running Wisp in Rogue because of the combo mechanic.

BashNasty

What's the current consensus on Mogor the Ogre and Hemit Nessengwary? I feel like both of those cards have interesting possibilities, but at the same time they both seem a little too situational to commonly see use in decks. I opened 40 packs last night and those were the two legs I got. A little disappointing to be honest, I was at least hoping for a top-tier seeming legendary like Vol'Gin or Mal'Ganis, but hey, at least I got something.

What's the current consensus on Mogor the Ogre and Hemit Nessengwary? I feel like both of those cards have interesting possibilities, but at the same time they both seem a little too situational to commonly see use in decks. I opened 40 packs last night and those were the two legs I got. A little disappointing to be honest, I was at least hoping for a top-tier seeming legendary like Vol'Gin or Mal'Ganis, but hey, at least I got something.

Hemit is just complete shit. Overpriced card with a weak ability that has bad stats. Lorewalker is better then him.

egruntz

shelaughz

Hemet will only see play in decks specifically constructed to counter Hunter and Druid, and primarily only in tournament play at that. Mogor the Ogre has potential. Save it until you need your minions already onboard to bypass a taunt. Play it, hope for the best. Eh... EDIT: Oh, it's enemy minions? Misread that... huh...

Neither are too good lol. Honestly, though, that was the case for the majority of the legendaries with this expansion. Vol'Jin, Gahz'rilla, Sneeds Old Shredder, Trade Prince Gallywix, and very few others are the primary ones to collect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom