• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think its rather dumb that explosive trap also does damage to the hero. Even if you can play around it that face damage is unavoidable.

Except if you have a ton of direct damage spells or battlecries. I always thought the explosive trap shouldn't hit face as well tbh. They might have it that way only so the trap always does at least something. Although I guess the other route would be to make it so it triggers only off minion attacks.

Raxus

The simplest fix for hunter (and other decks) would be to design more neutral counters for secrets (and stealth but a little less so). This would provide many with a strong answer to those specific classes without the harsh nerfs.

Imagine if they didn't put in Ooze and Harrison Jones. Could you imagine how annoyed people would be by weapons and upgrade? I don't see why secrets get special treatment other than a class specific card. Even then the card has draw making it less of a 'dead drop' than Ooze and Harrison.

frequency

Maybe it would be better if they added another 200 secrets across all classes to the game...

Best way to kill Hearthstone for me. 200 more secrets..................

You can spend every turn being super cautious trying to guess which secret is in play and then going through your different trigger cards hoping you guessed right. So fun.

Best way to kill Hearthstone for me. 200 more secrets..................

You can spend every turn being super cautious trying to guess which secret is in play and then going through your different trigger cards hoping you guessed right. So fun.

What about a deck with 30 different secrets. They'd be spilling all over the screen lol

Minsc

Gold Member
What about a deck with 30 different secrets. They'd be spilling all over the screen lol

Lol, I imagine a Mage vs Hunter (or would Paladin have more) with Cho out, could get pretty funny just to play 10+ secrets at one time.

On a different note, KT + Reincarnate is a pretty amazing finisher. I just started messing with it last night, and more often than not, that turn 10 play is an instant concede for your opponent.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So much secret hate lately...

*hugs my secret mage*

If only there was like a 1 mana neutral minion that could instantly trigger traps on the same turn it's played...

And that card just so happens to work the best in Hunter decks due to Beast synergy. Again, we're back to Hunters being the only class that can effectively deal with secrets.

:lol so the last 5 games my webspinner has given me

2x Mukla

1x Maexxna

1x King Krush

anddddddd

1x young dragonhawk

Thank you based rng

Eh, playing priests is pretty dumb now that they have such a strong early game... I know they needed something and they did get a lot of things going for them from naxx, not counting dark cultist.

zoukka

Secrets are the most fun cards in HS. It's very satisfying to deduct what the secret is and play around the worst case scenarios.

If you dislike secrets you guys would hate MTG lol.

KingKiller

Neo Member
I like secrets, my secret mage is one of the more fun decks I play with, but I do think it a little unfair that hunters are the only class that can counter them in anyway. It's not game breaking for me. It'd be different if you saw secrets every game but that just doesn't happen.

Just bought 7 packs, and got THREE legendaries: Prophet Velen, Grom Hellscream and Captain Greenskin.

Hooray for Grom, but not sure about the other two. If anything, disenchanting them gets me closer to Alextrasza or Ragnaros.

manhack

I like secrets, my secret mage is one of the more fun decks I play with, but I do think it a little unfair that hunters are the only class that can counter them in anyway. It's not game breaking for me. It'd be different if you saw secrets every game but that just doesn't happen.

I'll chime in too and say I think secrets are fun to play with and a little frustrating to play around. If there was a neutral secret counter then I think it would go a long way to ending the concerns. Blizzard has mentioned before that they don't want to nerf strong cards and prefer to create tech that counters strong cards.

It would probably need to be a 2 mana minion with destroy secrets and either 3/2 stats or 2/1 stats and add remove stealth as well (shade counter).

Tacitus_

I like secrets tbh. They're the sole defenders advantage in the game and you can construct nice scenarios with them. And on the offensive side, you can play around them, like someone mentioned, having them duplicate a frog or something similar.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Atrocious stereotypical nerd-music that infuriates me because this shit is being associated with a game that I play.

Yoshichan

The game isn't nerdy?
Hearthstone isn't even trying to be even remotely 'nerd' compared to any card game out there.

Paches

I'll chime in too and say I think secrets are fun to play with and a little frustrating to play around. If there was a neutral secret counter then I think it would go a long way to ending the concerns. Blizzard has mentioned before that they don't want to nerf strong cards and prefer to create tech that counters strong cards.

It would probably need to be a 2 mana minion with destroy secrets and either 3/2 stats or 2/1 stats and add remove stealth as well (shade counter).

Ramp up the fun and give it +x/+x for every secret destroyed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Card game spinoff of a ripoff of Warhammer is the very definition of nerd.

Yoshichan

Yeah, it's clearly subjective. I don't find any Blizzard game nerdy because fuck, everyone - including moms, dogs and even the neighbours that everyone hates so much play these games.

Oddly enough, casual games can't be nerdy in my world.

This sounded much better in my head.

hah, this paladin misplayed big time.

He had an acolyte out, coined turn 2.

I played a turn 3 coldlight oracle. He attacked the acolyte into my argent squire or something. That bought him up to 9 cards with an acolyte on board. Attacked it, forced him to overdraw and sacrifice harrison jones.

The misplay was not emptying his hand quicker and drawing a card off acolyte.

edit: tournament finally started amaz vs frezzar http://www.hitbox.tv/heroesofcards

ShinNL

Welp, had to do Priest or Warlock daily.

*makes Handlock deck*

Proceeds to play ranked with it:

5-2. Pretty scary how Handlock plays. Hovering so close to death and getting burst lethal with Poweroverwhelming, Leeroy and Soulfires.

Quite surprising how few people can even deal with giants. Pretty much everyone tries to be aggro or tempo, but to actually beat giant after giant? Nope.

I have to consider Leeroy in my Shaman giant deck. That added burst has been working quite well with both Paladin and Warlock giants. It's funny how all these classes have ways to squeeze in more damage with a Leeroy by buffing and whatnot.

After playing a bit with Handlock though, I've concluded that both my Paladin and Shaman 'handlocks' don't under perform compared to it.

Imagine going to a tourney and only bringing different versions of handlocks, haha.

frequency

There was that terrible "Arena" tournament once. Where they did an Arena draft but weren't allowed to take more than 2 of a card. And then re-made the deck for constructed.

It was so bad.

Edit: Lord of the Arena. Reynad's tournament. The only one he ever won!

gutshot

Just drafted a mage deck in arena. Got 1 Fireball and 0 Flamestrikes. I did get my first Arena legendary though! Of course, it was a choice between The Beast, Millhouse and Feugen.

RNG is a fickle friend.

Blizzard games are nerdy. Maybe not the nerdiest, but still very nerdy.

Maybe the nerdiest.

poster4287.jpg

Magnus

As a practically devout WoW/Blizzard fan, I'm disappointed in myself for taking so long to come around.

I love, love, love this game. Can't believe it was free. I'd have paid.

I'm having so much fun with just basic pre made decks and one custom one I made for the default/first class, Mage, that I'm not even feeling like earning gold for more content is grindy.

This is great. I haven't even really gotten into sophisticated deck tweaking or even tried any of the other classes yet. This game'll provide for a long, long time.

Again, I can't believe this was free. I know it relies on IAP for the expansion wings, but shit, the amount of fun, charm, polish and content here for the price tag of $0 is phenomenal.

Edit-

To the casual world at large, if something has Minions or Magic in it, it's nerdy.

If Warcraft is even slightly associated, it's nerdy.

If it's a video game or a spin-off of a video game, it's double-nerdy.

This is all of those things. This is a nerdy game. And I love it.

The commentators keep mentioning that you should tap before playing anything, without even thinking about the impact on the turn.

They just said trump should have tapped before playing ancient watcher while he had 10 cards in hand.

I get 20% King Krushes from webspinners.

The webspinner minions appear to be heavily skewed towards legendaries. I just played Hunter for the first time in forever since I had two 60 gold Hunter quests, and my webspinners pulled Maexxna, The Beast, and King Mukla. I also got a Young Dragonhawk (which kicked some ass with a Tundra Rhino already on the board and a Timberwolf) and a Hungry Crab.

ViviOggi

This tournament... opponent's hand only shown half the time, players playing at different resolutions and worst of all the goddamn casters are still out of sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom