• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

The three I was cheering for won too.

Next one I'll be cheering for Alchemixt!

I don't mind Rdu but we see him play so much (he's good). I'd like to see more of Alchemixt. I thought his showing in WEC was pretty interesting.

Acinixys

I get 20% King Krushes from webspinners.

On Amazs stream today he got CRUSHED by a Huntard playing webspinners

He was so close to winning, he had a shit load of creatures on the board and would have won in 2 turns

Is forced to kill a webspinner

Enemy Hunter says thank you

Play King Crush next turn and wins

laugh.gif

This Mage challenge for Naxx is fucking retarded

Done it 5 times already and cant win at all :(

So I just had something weird happen. I was playing against a Rogue who was running a mill deck with my Control Warrior. I had both Fuegen and Stalagg on the board, he started dropping Coldlight Oracle and Shadow Stepping it out, and then played Sap when my hand was full to clear out Stalagg. The next turn he hit Fuegen with Eviscerate, but I didn't get a Thaddius. He just kinda died and didn't do anything. I was barely able to pull out a win in the end, but I'm still kind of annoyed that Sap triggers death rattles without counting as a death for the purpose of summoning Thaddius.

ShinNL

This minion spamming deck is awfully effective at climbing ladder.

Spam minions. Bloodlust.

Ooze Argus is so much value, it's like I have 4 Feral Spirit.

Just won against a Handlock who used 2 Shadowflames and 2 Hellfires. So hard to clear this endless board. Each turn I put out 3+ minions even when emptied. Totems OP.

gutshot

So I just had something weird happen. I was playing against a Rogue who was running a mill deck with my Control Warrior. I had both Fuegen and Stalagg on the board, he started dropping Coldlight Oracle and Shadow Stepping it out, and then played Sap when my hand was full to clear out Stalagg. The next turn he hit Fuegen with Eviscerate, but I didn't get a Thaddius. He just kinda died and didn't do anything. I was barely able to pull out a win in the end, but I'm still kind of annoyed that Sap triggers death rattles without counting as a death for the purpose of summoning Thaddius.

Sap returns the minion to your hand. It doesn't trigger a deathrattle because the minion doesn't die. In this case, you lost the card because your hand was full. But that doesn't count as a minion death.

Haunted

The commentators keep mentioning that you should tap before playing anything, without even thinking about the impact on the turn.

They just said trump should have tapped before playing ancient watcher while he had 10 cards in hand.
I mean "draw first" is a pretty good rule in general, but there's certainly exceptions. Like having a full hand, or having a Soulfire/Succubus/Doomguard in hand.

Haunted

I just watched a random Trump YT video and it reminded me that Blood Imp used to buff every single minion you had by 1 HP.

My goodness.

I just watched a random Trump YT video and it reminded me that Blood Imp used to buff every single minion you had by 1 HP.

My goodness.

Yep. Blood Imp, Coin, Flame Imp (back when it only dealt 2 damage to your hero) was such a sick and common opener, especially followed up with something like a Void Walker and a second Flame Imp or Blood Imp.

Sap returns the minion to your hand. It doesn't trigger a deathrattle because the minion doesn't die. In this case, you lost the card because your hand was full. But that doesn't count as a minion death.

That's not how it used to work, although it may have changed with a patch. It used to be if, say, Cairne Bloodhoof was Sapped into a full hand, he would die on the field and his death rattle would trigger leaving a Baine Bloodhoof. Also, Stalagg was Sapped back into a full hand and then died on the field. Fuegen was killed by an Eviscerate on the next turn. Fuegen's death rattle should have triggered. Apparently, the game doesn't recognize Fuegen/Stalagg's death as having occurred if they were returned to a full hand for purposes of determining the other's death rattle. It's an odd interaction.

It could be a bug but good to know of since this may be useful although the chances are so minimal, so rare, I'll probably not get to take advantage of this often.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Definitely sounds like a bug. sapped creatures getting killed should trigger their deathrattle.

Minsc

Gold Member
It could be a bug but good to know of since this may be useful although the chances are so minimal, so rare, I'll probably not get to take advantage of this often.

Yeah, from what I've read by blues on Bnet, Sap kills minions when they are returned to your hand (when you have 10 cards). It sounds like a bug to me, post there and if it's not already mentioned, it's something they would probably patch. A minion returned from the board to a full hand is destroyed, and death rattles trigger and everything.

Edit: Looking up sap there confirms it, at least every thread about it says Sap destroys the minion. So definitely start a new bug report, I didn't see one yet.

Yeah, from what I've read by blues on Bnet, Sap kills minions when they are returned to your hand (when you have 10 cards). It sounds like a bug to me, post there and if it's not already mentioned, it's something they would probably patch. A minion returned from the board to a full hand is destroyed, and death rattles trigger and everything.

Edit: Looking up sap there confirms it, at least every thread about it says Sap destroys the minion. So definitely start a new bug report, I didn't see one yet.

I just made a bug report. We'll see what they have to say about it.

So I think I'm going to stop picking Mage in Arena.
I just can't seem to get past 3 wins with her. Yet I've gotten 7+ wins with Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Paladin, etc. Maybe I just don't understand that hero in the drafting phase. IDK. Seem to get facestomped even by Warriors in Arena as Mage lmao.

Tarazet

I've gotten a Bloodfen Raptor and River Crocolisk. Even another Webspinner once.

I had a game in Constructed where I had Webspinners played against me in 6 consecutive turns. I thought I was up against the class challenge deck.. it had me rolling.

johnsmith

remember me
Why the fuck are people still playing handlocks? The one good thing about the rise of hunters is that piece of shit cheating deck should have gone away.

I can get perfect draws, black knight, shadow words death, thoughtsteal siphon souls, and I still can't fucking win.

ShinNL

Why the fuck are people still playing handlocks? The one good thing about the rise of hunters is that piece of shit cheating deck should have gone away.

I can get perfect draws, black knight, shadow words death, thoughtsteal siphon souls, and I still can't fucking win.
All my giants decks have a good success rate vs a hunter...

Hunters go something like 1/1, more 1/1, something with 4, turn 6 savannah. I just put out big 4/10s,8/8s etc. I force Savannahs to trade while I ram their silly 2 damage hero poking face with multipliers of 8. As long as I force them to use all their mana to remove my threat after threat, they don't have time to use their hero power. A turn 4 deadly shot on my mountain giant is a win for me because that turn has no animal companion or bow or hero power. Giants are awesome.

And then there's the double molten giant taunt thing that has won me many games against hunters. That's 16 health of defense and 16 offensive damage pretty much for free. Add in a little burst and they just suddenly die.

And silence Priest beats the hell out of handlock. You run 3 silences (silence, wailing soul, spellbreaker) and cards like Ancient Watcher, Dancing Swords and Zombie Chow. And your usual Circle trinity and a Pyromancer. Handlock can't keep up with that kind of tempo. But hey, no popular streamer is running this (yet) so this type of deck might as well be non existent, eh?

zoukka

Hunter is pretty good against handlock. Hunters mark is a free removal of any giants and they play owls now too which take care of drakes for free. I dunno which rank you play, but I'm never happy as a handlock when I face hunters.

Secret hunter is not as good against handlock, since you can just sit there and never activate the secrets :)

ShinNL

Hunter is pretty good against handlock. Hunters mark is a free removal of any giants and they play owls now too which take care of drakes for free. I dunno which rank you play, but I'm never happy as a handlock when I face hunters.

Secret hunter is not as good against handlock, since you can just sit there and never activate the secrets :)
I admit that Handlock is a bit of a closer battle than I want to (both hero powers killing you, haha) but my Shaman and Paladin giant decks don't have that I-kill-myself problem. And the games I won vs Hunter is when I learned when to taunt and when to just save your taunt givers. You actually want to taunt something like your Farseer and not your giant. And a giant that lives mixed with some Leeroy.... so stronk. Handlock has the best burst out of the 3. Dat Leeroy 2x power overwhelming Soulfire burst.... oof.

Zemm

Yeah hand locks haven't been a problem at all for my hunter. It's actually the deck I hope for when playing hunter.

Still playing priest atm, still think it's amazing. Had a mage cconcede on turn 2 when both his arcane missiles missed my pyromancer and all hit my face. The chances of that. May as well concede if your rng is that bad.

johnsmith

remember me
All my giants decks have a good success rate vs a hunter...

Hunters go something like 1/1, more 1/1, something with 4, turn 6 savannah. I just put out big 4/10s,8/8s etc. I force Savannahs to trade while I ram their silly 2 damage hero poking face with multipliers of 8. As long as I force them to use all their mana to remove my threat after threat, they don't have time to use their hero power. A turn 4 deadly shot on my mountain giant is a win for me because that turn has no animal companion or bow or hero power. Giants are awesome.

And then there's the double molten giant taunt thing that has won me many games against hunters. That's 16 health of defense and 16 offensive damage pretty much for free. Add in a little burst and they just suddenly die.

And silence Priest beats the hell out of handlock. You run 3 silences (silence, wailing soul, spellbreaker) and cards like Ancient Watcher, Dancing Swords and Zombie Chow. And your usual Circle trinity and a Pyromancer. Handlock can't keep up with that kind of tempo. But hey, no popular streamer is running this (yet) so this type of deck might as well be non existent, eh?

Kolento was running a silence priest like that. I don't see how it could possibly beat handlock. If you establish any kind of board hello shadowflame.

ShinNL

Shadow with what though? If they use all their mana and sacrifice one of their giants to Shadow flame, it's a win assuming you don't overextend. Ancient Watchers must always be killed. Mind the Molten range. You have to admit that Priest has by far the most options to deal with Handlocks. If not, what is your Priest deck supposed to beat? Just spamming tempo minions and hoping you win?

johnsmith

remember me
Shadow with what though? If they use all their mana and sacrifice one of their giants to Shadow flame, it's a win assuming you don't overextend. Ancient Watchers must always be killed. Mind the Molten range. You have to admit that Priest has by far the most options to deal with Handlocks. If not, what is your Priest deck supposed to beat? Just spamming tempo minions and hoping you win?

Yep, handlock and miracle are what I would consider my only bad matchups. Everything is 50/50 at worst. I basically play zoo with a little bit of priest flavor and tricks. Just out value them, killing their threats as efficiently as possible while keeping my board alive.

Anyway, finally hit legend. Here's the deck I used at the end. Probably not optimal, but it's good enough. I could have gone more anti-control, or more anti-aggro, but the meta is too varied right now. Decided to go middle of the road. A true midrange deck
4dJasVo.png

d81907O.png

ShinNL

Congratulations on getting to Legends. Endgame control kind of is the natural enemy of any midrange, so it makes sense why you would struggle against it but be pretty good against everything else. That's the sacrifice you make for excluding control cards. Priests without mind control is so much more common now than with.

I've actually noticed that most decks are basically cheesy variants of Zoo. When I play my mass minion Shaman deck, I saw a lot of decks (non Warlock) keep up with it in terms of minion drops and not by fighting with spells. I always end up winning though because all my cards are Harvest Golem level value :p

ViviOggi

Yep, handlock and miracle are what I would consider my only bad matchups. Everything is 50/50 at worst. I basically play zoo with a little bit of priest flavor and tricks. Just out value them, killing their threats as efficiently as possible while keeping my board alive.

Anyway, finally hit legend. Here's the deck I used at the end. Probably not optimal, but it's good enough. I could have gone more anti-control, or more anti-aggro, but the meta is too varied right now. Decided to go middle of the road. A true midrange deck
4dJasVo.png

d81907O.png
Your Zoo roots are showing ;) Anyway, congrats!

Blu(e)

I really like playing Priest but I don't have any of their really good cards. If you had to prioritize important cards to craft, what would they be?I've been thinking of crafting either Thoughtsteal or Injured Blademaster? Maybe a Cabal if I get lucky in arena and get a lot of dust? I've already got two Soulpriest and Circle of healing, so that's covered.

Soneet, could you link/share the silence deck? It sounds really fun and I'd love to try it if I ever get the needed cards for it.

zoukka

I would not dare play shaman in the current meta. Yesterday I faced off the same shaman three times in a row and after two crushing defeats he just conceded when he saw me :b

My apologies.

ViviOggi

I really like playing Priest but I don't have any of their really good cards. If you had to prioritize important cards to craft, what would they be?I've been thinking of crafting either Thoughtsteal or Injured Blademaster? Maybe a Cabal if I get lucky in arena and get a lot of dust? I've already got two Soulpriest and Circle of healing, so that's covered.

Pyromancers, Thoughtsteals, Holy Fires, Blademasters for the classic Amaz-style variant. Cabal is great but one is generally enough in my opinion. As for Legendaries you'll want Rag and Sylvanas down the line.

Post-Naxx people are experimenting a lot though and have already figured out other viable, more midrange-oriented lists along the lines of the one john posted. Those should be cheaper in terms of dust if you have access to Naxx.

ShinNL

Soneet, could you link/share the silence deck? It sounds really fun and I'd love to try it if I ever get the needed cards for it.
I don't have it saved but I can put it together in a minute or so in Hearthpwn. Sec. (this post will be updated)

Update: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/96261-silence-priest

It was something like this.

I would not dare play shaman in the current meta. Yesterday I faced off the same shaman three times in a row and after two crushing defeats he just conceded when he saw me :b

My apologies.
Funny, because I literally had a Hunter auto-concede on me after facing my giants deck once xD

People are too afraid to go all-out. When I want ancestral shizzle, I will go all out with the best minions to ancestral. If I want bloodlust, I'm gonna play a deck 100% focused on minion spamming. All those hybrid decks with Feugen and Bloodlust just looks weird to me.

The main reason I would throw Blood Lust into just about any Shaman deck is because a few times, people would ignore totems all out. Then I'd get a minion or two out to chip away at the heroes health, then I could Blood Lust with 4-6 minions on the board. Mainly worked the best against Frost Mages and Handlocks, somewhere between 5-10 wins. Of course, that's in the ~200 or so wins I've gotten from grinding up Shaman over the past month or so.

Oh, and it was also nice for trading for bigger minions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom