• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

I'm not understanding this line Mobius, can you clarify? Are you saying the weapon starts out as a 3/3 every time, and if so, how'd you come to that conclusion?

The wrench is a 1/3 with +2 attack when you have a mech, and if you just played Blingtron you've got a mech.

johnsmith

remember me
God, lightbomb is so fucking awful. Everybody already prefers minions with higher health than attack, so most of the time you end up with 1 hp left on the enemy's minions.

Raxus

God, lightbomb is so fucking awful.

If it appeared in a different meta it would have been better but as it stands it comes out too late to affect the early game and when it does come out it won't clear the field reliably like a Vortex will. It is a shame since I like the idea behind the card too but the hunter meta ruins a ton of cards in the set.

BlazinAm

DMaZsoh.png

Trying this new Paladin deck so far it seems to work.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I have won 60 gold today from just dueling people, feels good man. My mech rogue is finally working decently, i still need more cards to make it great tough.

God, lightbomb is so fucking awful. Everybody already prefers minions with higher health than attack, so most of the time you end up with 1 hp left on the enemy's minions.

having a pyro down would make it better but that's a lot of mana to spend and still not guarantee a clear.

seems like a good arena card, though.

BlazinAm

It's worth playing paladin with Bolvar in your deck just for the entrance animation.

Soooo good!

I have enough dust for that card but I think I have enough late game for Paladin for now. Turning Sea Giant into Deathwing and being able to transform injured minions on my board, the value I get from Recombobulator is insane.

Played a guy who used Tree of Life in constructed after playing two Molten Giants and after I had already used Grom and Alex. Lawd. The only reason I won is because I had Crush at the bottom of my deck to take out one of the Giants and the fact that he used Nightmare on the last one.

I played around 10 games with a Warlock deck and only lost a couple (To handlock and a hunter ...)

But anyway, I declare a mech warlock running 2 demolishers and 2 fel cannons viable. And also pretty good fun.

Throw in a few annoying taunts and you can just keep dishing out damage and then hit them with big mechs/Malganis to close out the game.

Really enjoying my new carnation of my Control Shaman. Seems do to pretty decent now, games just take so damn long. Only need around ten wins till I'm golden. Still need to figure out the best way to play it against certain decks, but I think it's cool. Not sure if i'll run it for too long though since I want to try other decks/get other golden heroes.

VVVV
Yeah, I get that a lot too. On another note, a lot of the GvG cards have great descriptions.

What do you guys think of blingtron now?

It's still a poor card. The problem isn't so much that it might give you a poor weapon, it's that it might give your opponent an even better weapon. Getting an Eaglehorn Bow might be good on your rating scale, but if you just gave your opponent a Gorehowl, Doomhammer, Arcanite Reaper, Truesilver Champion, etc, that kinda sucks.

Volimar

It's still a poor card. The problem isn't so much that it might give you a poor weapon, it's that it might give your opponent an even better weapon. Getting an Eaglehorn Bow might be good on your rating scale, but if you just gave your opponent a Gorehowl, Doomhammer, Arcanite Reaper, Truesilver Champion, etc, that kinda sucks.

I feel like if you're gonna run it, you need at least one ooze to combo with it or RNGesus is gonna punish you. It's only other value is using it to replace your opponents current weapon with (hopefully) something worse.

gutshot

The cancer has apparently spread to arena now. Just played a hunter who went Undertaker+Coin+Undertaker on turn 1, Mad Scientist on turn 2, Loot Hoarder and Webspinner on turn 3. WTF?

br3wnor

Was playing most of today, got my control warrior to level 13 in ranked, been playing for the past hour, getting absolutely destroyed, down to 15 now. Make sense because the dwellers come out at night but damn.

I feel like if you're gonna run it, you need at least one ooze to combo with it or RNGesus is gonna punish you. It's only other value is using it to replace your opponents current weapon with (hopefully) something worse.

I agree, if you're going to do it, you need to combo it. I feel like Harrison Jones and Blingtron wouldn't be the worst combination because it gives you at least two cards and puts some bodies on the board. Obviously there are better ways to draw cards but that would be for style.

johnsmith

remember me
I can't decide if fel reaver is good or not. I've lost won 1 game to it. I've played it 3 times and it won me 2, and lost me 1. So that's a 75% win rate. It's a fun card though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The cancer has apparently spread to arena now. Just played a hunter who went Undertaker+Coin+Undertaker on turn 1, Mad Scientist on turn 2, Loot Hoarder and Webspinner on turn 3. WTF?
Huh? That's just a good draft. I mean you can bitch about meta all you want, but draft is draft. No way you can plan for it or even really try for it.

Ashodin

I can't decide if fel reaver is good or not. I've lost won 1 game to it. I've played it 3 times and it won me 2, and lost me 1. So that's a 75% win rate. It's a fun card though.

It's totally good, if you know your deck can handle losing cards, it makes the opponent flustered and want to play everything stupidly

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I'm not expecting it to hold up over the long run, it's way too all in. I think currently you just get people that go "zohMY GOD I CAN BURN HIS DECK" so they just use as many cards as possible ignoring the fact that an 8/8 is smashing their face in.

Wow, fel reaver off unstable portal, played on turn 2. I was down to fatigue and my opponent was clearly confused as to why I wasn't taking fatigue damage. He conceded due to being down to 2hp already. I had a coldlight oracle to actually try and draw cards before I ran out which worked pretty well imo.

Symmetrical affects have proven to always be stronger for the person in control, who also gets the first use. Like cold light oracle or jeeves. Like jeeves always benefits the person who plays it since they will always have the opportunity to use drawn cards first. Not to mention with weapons there is likely one or two of several counters in your deck for weapons anyway.

Got my first gvg 12 win arena run, 12-2

Feels good cause I haven't gotten a 12 win arena run in recent memory. Maybe even since beta since I have not really ran much arena since then. I know I got a couple 10-11 arena runs.

Funny thing is that I used flamestrike maybe once in all my matches that I won. And only once in all the matches I lost.

I got a bit lucky at the end though cause I pulled double fireballs quite early and finished both my opponents off with double fireball on turn 8.

And my best unstable portal pull happened to be tinkmaster overspark, who was used around turn 8 to poly a stormwind commander into a 1/1 squirrel for 0 mana. YES!

Also some people seem to think that flamestrike is mage's greatest asset in arena. I think it is a big asset but even bigger is water elemental + lots of rogues. lol. Although it wasn't all rogues/mages, I did face a few hunters and my final boss was a druid. The gateway to the boss was a shaman. Also not shown in the draft is sylvanas who did alright. 2 stormwind commanders myself as well as 1 flamestrike.

Kettch

I really think Troggzor is up there with Vol'jin as the best new legendary. It's basically a 6/6 Loetheb that persists. Nobody plays spells into it. You need board control of course, but it's not tough to design a deck around that.

I usually main Shaman with little Priest mixxed in for ranked, but I gave hunter a try for the first time tonight. 15-2 so far. It's so disgustingly easier with this class.

Haunted

WHATYEARISIT.jpg

More proof that an "Is this constructed?" emote is needed in arena.

First crafted legendary for gvg:

I really think Troggzor is up there with Vol'jin as the best new legendary. It's basically a 6/6 Loetheb that persists. Nobody plays spells into it. You need board control of course, but it's not tough to design a deck around that.

I usually main Shaman with little Priest mixxed in for ranked, but I gave hunter a try for the first time tonight. 15-2 so far. It's so disgustingly easier with this class.

I like troggzor, but I think it and voljin might be a bit overrated. Granted, voljin is among the top legendary cards in the set and troggzor is too.

The thing with troggzor is that sometimes he is just a weaker boulderfist ogre. Other times when you're ahead though, he is pretty damn good.

First time I ran into that thing I played sylvanas. He responded with faceless and hit my face.

I did the following:
Hero power
deadly poison
swordoil

3 spells filled the board with troggs and several of them were buffed.

Then I went all face and blade flurry to clear the entire board.

That was pretty crazy.

Unfortuneately he had gromm +taskmaster and won the next turn anyway. Too bad I didn't have a taunt spare part.

FeD.nL

Well the deck is performing way above my expactations and is really fun. I'll leave it here if someone wants to play it. swapped out a haunted for a Windfury.

This was against a legend priest, the turn before this I recombulated my Mountain (who attacked his face) into a clockwerk and then faceless'ed it. Gave the one he did not remove. Rockbiter and windfury.

The idea of the deck is to use Neptulon/Gazlowe to fill your hand making for very cheap Mountains then play the Murlocs/Cheaper mechs for the Sea Giants. Though I almost always have one more often than not 2 giants up by turn 6.

ViviOggi

Protip for when you Rag is a total asshole: discuss recycling his useless ass in chat while he's on the board, mine just became an Amaz level sniperino to earn himself another chance.

And this one goes out to the idiot CWs I keep facing on ladder, stop always Shield Slamming Belchers and Armorsmiths

G.ZZZ

CW and Handlock are so fucking annoying right now, but mostly CW is fucking impossible, they open Waraxe 100% of the time it's infuriating.

Axe-> shield block->slam->Death's Bite->Belcher->Maiden zZZZZzzzzzz... you put them low? Alextrasza->Shield block i'm at 20 again wow much skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom