• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of android support, there is a cloud gaming service called liquidsky that lets you play hearthstone on any device that supports html5 (I think). They have an android app. The whole thing is only in beta. I tried it out and I did not mind it for hearthstone on my phone. I made a new account to try it out though since I am wary about using my actual account but I might.

https://liquidsky.tv/

I'd imagine it costs money once it is out of beta. They also seem to only have 1 or 2 data centers running atm both in the US.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Thanks man I'll give it a shot. 2 lay on hands seems a bit much. Do you usually use both of them?
If the early game doesn't go smoothly, it is simply too critical to have a lay on hands in the top half the deck to afford running only 1. And actually chaining lay on hands into lay on hands is really powerful because your opponent usually can't kill you when you're gaining 8 health per turn. And they can't play multiple threats or flood the board to take advantage of the tempo loss because you are paladin that plays equality combo that just drew 1/3 of the deck.

ViviOggi

Why not switch a LoH for a Healbot? Way less clunky, even in the slowest of Control vs Control matches you don't want two empty turns in a row.

slayn

Why not switch a LoH for a Healbot? Way less clunky, even in the slowest of Control vs Control matches you don't want two empty turns in a row.
Because the card draw is a hundred times more important than the heal. If I could play sprint instead of lay on hands I probably would.

So... for 4 drops...

I am thinking about cutting mech yeti from my lineup, and possibly piloted shredder as well.

I need to decide between the 3/5 trogg and violet teacher. Maybe 2 of 1 and 1 of the other.

What do you guys think? Maybe another 4 drop? Any neutral or rogue 4 drop.

edit:Maybe even anubar ambusher hmmm

I am thinking maybe 2 troggs and 1 violet teacher.

My reasoning is that it might deter my opponent from using removal spells, so they have more removal spells in hand once gallywix comes down for me to steal.

johnsmith

remember me
Priest players are learning the hardway what paladin players learned a long time ago. You can't reduce the attack of Lightspawn other than by reducing its health. Shrinkmeister doesn't work on it.

My reasoning is that it might deter my opponent from using removal spells, so they have more removal spells in hand once gallywix comes down for me to steal.
Couldn't you use an Arcane Nullifier? They literally can't use spells on it but it sounds like you want something with a higher attack. Could use Spellbreaker or Cult Master since they have really low health to make people trade since they have low health but I guess you wouldn't play them on curve. Not sure what your deck is like but there is also Master of Disguise, maybe good for hiding something but I guess there is nothing valuable you'll want to hide forever in early game. Overall, Trogg is probably your best bet. Good stats and a good effect. Not sure why you'd want a teacher as I normally see that get removed quickly.

Couldn't you use an Arcane Nullifier? They literally can't use spells on it but it sounds like you want something with a higher attack. Could use Spellbreaker or Cult Master since they have really low health to make people trade since they have low health but I guess you wouldn't play them on curve. Not sure what your deck is like but there is also Master of Disguise, maybe good for hiding something but I guess there is nothing valuable you'll want to hide forever in early game. Overall, Trogg is probably your best bet. Good stats and a good effect. Not sure why you'd want a teacher as I normally see that get removed quickly.

I just played a game with 2 troggs and 1 violet teacher. I played a trogg on curve (over violet teacher) and it ended up taking out a harvest golem and ate a wrath.

But then later I played the violet teacher, then deadly poison. Got 4/6 worth of stats. It wasn't removed and then the next turn I played prep + sprint + blade flurry, gaining me another 3/3 worth of stats.

So why run it? for 4 mana I got 4/4 worth of apprentices and a 3/5 body. 7/9 worth of stats is pretty awesome, granted it all dies to any aoe which is why I think it is only worth a 1 of atm.

I actually got to play it behind gallywix though so removing it would have fed me spells.

Regarding the arcane nullifier, I think it is possible that running one of these is potentially alright. I cut the neutral mech elements from my deck (only mech atm is autobarber) though so the 2/5 body just doesn't seem appealing atm. It only synergizes well with swordoil which I only run 1 of atm.

I would run spellbreaker but tbh I am not sure if it is worth the slot atm. The main card I'd like to silence is sylvanas, which may not be enough to run spellbreaker. Not gonna count it out though because I've run spellbreaker for this very reason in the past. I'm just not sure if it is worth it in the big picture.

Sounds like you've got it all set then. Not sure any other 4 drop would make the cut. Also, good idea to drop the Teacher after Gallywix, wouldn't of thought about that. Have you ever had a game against a Priest where you both endlessly Mind Control him back and forth?

Sounds like you've got it all set then. Not sure any other 4 drop would make the cut. Also, good idea to drop the Teacher after Gallywix, wouldn't of thought about that. Have you ever had a game against a Priest where you both endlessly Mind Control him back and forth?

heheh nope

Still pretty damn tempting to have spellbreaker in for sylvanas. Damn that card.

slayn

Dr Boom has turned out to be the most powerful gvg legendary in practice so when in doubt, everyone is using him. He's definitely the next card I'm crafting.

ViviOggi

Prepare yourselves, this will be ladder for the coming weeks:
Pk5IHqf.jpg

All decklists from the tournament can be found here: http://www.kinguin.net/blog/deck-lists-101

So... I have given up on my mech deck (at least for now)... which sucks cause I finally thought of the name for it "The Last Mechurai".

edit:
I am enjoying the new version very much though.

I replaced harvest golem with shade of naxxramas. Just played a mech spam shaman deck who coined out that windfury dude on turn 1.

On turn 4 I got shade out. On turn 7 I used it to trade to save me some hp (was pretty low due to the aggressive start and some weapon hits from powermace). But I also played gallywix alongside it. Giving it some strong protection from removal (it was like 6/4 anyway). Next turn the shaman spammed some mechs + tinkertown technicians. But I had perfect lethal if I combo'd sword oil, which is pretty easy on turn 8... 21 damage. Love it.

So yeah, I was saving shade for the sword oil, I was like a couple points off lethal for a few turns because of that. But when I had to alter my plan, gallywix stepped up. I love the deck but its pretty dang hard to play tbh.

johnsmith

remember me
Well, i'm at the point where all I'm getting from gvg packs is 40 dust. That didn't take long. Can't imagine paying money for this.

Man, have I got some luck opening packs. Bought 45 on release and ended up getting four Legendaries. Just caved and bought another 15, got a good handful of epics I needed along with another Legendary. Feels good but it's probably just someone at Blizzard wanting to make me buy more packs.

On an aside, one thing I want to do with Rogue, but probably won't work, is a concealed/stealthed Junkbot. With it's high health it can't be swept easily but it's just hard since it costs so much and getting the MoD combo is harshly off curve. Just seems like it'd be perfect for Rogue though since when it's damage is high enough, you could Cold Blood / Sword Oil for lethal. Don't think it'll ever work though.

What I really need to do is start working on getting my next class to golden but I'm not sure what to use yet. Looks like Mages are doing pretty well though.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So... I have given up on my mech deck (at least for now)... which sucks cause I finally thought of the name for it "The Last Mechurai".

edit:
I am enjoying the new version very much though.

I replaced harvest golem with shade of naxxramas. Just played a mech spam shaman deck who coined out that windfury dude on turn 1.

On turn 4 I got shade out. On turn 7 I used it to trade to save me some hp (was pretty low due to the aggressive start and some weapon hits from powermace). But I also played gallywix alongside it. Giving it some strong protection from removal (it was like 6/4 anyway). Next turn the shaman spammed some mechs + tinkertown technicians. But I had perfect lethal if I combo'd sword oil, which is pretty easy on turn 8... 21 damage. Love it.

So yeah, I was saving shade for the sword oil, I was like a couple points off lethal for a few turns because of that. But when I had to alter my plan, gallywix stepped up. I love the deck but its pretty dang hard to play tbh.

My deckbuilding skills are meh, but man do I love naming decks! My favorites so far have been Smasher Paladin and Graverobber Shaman.

What neat names for decks have you guys and gals come up with?

Something I just thought of while building my dumb deck, has anyone tried to Commanding Shout + Bouncing Blade when they only have minions on the board? Sounds like a Mistress of Pain game braking situation.

I just had the best gallywix so far. Vs a control paladin.

This combo is the shit:
Gallywix + burly rockjaw trogg.

You got a bunch of coins? Yes, please make my trogg into a giant trogg.

I got a redemption off it (and of course knew it was a redemption he played). The trogg I had on the field became a 5/5 due to the secret being played making his shieldmasta easy to take out with fan of knives to finish it off again.

I then played redemption. (side note: my assassin's blade is 8 damage). When he used his second equality clear, because I played gallywix first I got gallywix back on the board. He was already dead though at 6 hp with me having an 8 damage weapon.

The funny thing is he used 2 holy light and a guardian of kings, all before I even played gallywix.

Violet teacher produced me like 4 apprentices total and that is what probably finally got him to equality.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait, I thought Gallywix coins didn't count as spells?

Yeah... dr. boom is the most broken card in the game. Please nerf.

edit:
Yeah, I am convinced now. Broken in terms of power and randomness. I mean, 9/9 to the board plus basically what adds up to a ragnaros shot worth of randomness... Maybe I am wrong and just approached it wrong, but I'm pretty sure when I lose due to a 1/4th chance to hit a minion who hasn't attacked yet, and then a 50% chance to kill it outright....

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I farmed wins today for a single GVG pack before i start saving up gold for Naxxramas. I got a fucking legendary Gahz'rilla from that single pack wow, suddenly i'm very happy tough i wonder if it's easier getting legendaries in GVG considering there are way less cards compared to classic.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd heavily advise against crafting Cairne right now. He's already been on his way out since shortly after Naxx, gloomily sitting on boards staring down Belchers and Loathebs. Now with all the new GvG cards it's not only become harder to justify the slot with 5 attack minions becoming even more standard in the mid game, but he will also constantly get stolen by Priests, the class he used to be strongest against.

Out of those it's easily Sylvanas. She's incredibly versatile in application and fits well in a lot of decks.

Yeah, I'm up to about 3000 dust now and I was just looking at that tournament you linked and she was both incredibly common and far less situational than most of the legendaries being used, especially among neutral ones that can be used across multiple classes.

Is there any resource that covers the most used cards in successful decks? I'd like to craft a few other cards I'm missing out of expert sets (primarily epics that I'm missing) that are likely to at least survive the meta until whatever new cards they presumably put out this Summer.

I have an idea of the things I'm missing (one Ancient of Lore - as far as I can tell Ancient of War is a lot less popular than it used to be, Cabal Shadow Priests - if I want to play handlock then giants but you kind of need a lot), but was mainly thinking if there was a really straightforward way to do this.

Edit: I specifically mean Classic Epics/Legendaries since I'm buying GvG packs primarily as they give me more new cards on average and I think I've milked most of what is probable to get out of Classic by now.

johnsmith

remember me
Good Classic epics? These are the ones you might see on ladder.

Force of Nature
Ancient of Lore
Ancient of War (but you're right, not played often anymore)
Snake Trap
Pyroblast (rarely)
Sword of Justice (rarely)
Avenging Wrath
Lay on Hands
Cabal Shadow Priest
Preparation
Doomhammer
Shield Slam
Brawl
Gorehowl
Doomsayer (freeze mage and maybe control paladin)
Big Game Hunter
Faceless Manipulator
the giants

I wouldn't craft any of them unless you know you're going to use them, there's none that fit in all decks. Epics are the most niche cards.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wouldn't craft any of them unless you know you're going to use them, there's none that fit in all decks. Epics are the most niche cards.
Thanks.

And yeah, that's why I've been holding out for now. I'm waiting for the meta to settle a bit and then craft the ones I'm going to use in decks I intend to play, but wanted to make sure I'm not grabbing entirely fringe use cards.

I wonder if cheaper decks will still be able to be strong in the meta after the expansion, there seems to be a ton of power creep towards the lower end of the curve, especially since all the new and naxx cards will cost dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom