• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean the adventure?

You get about 30 unique cards while you clear it out and do the challenges as well. Several are still very good cards like Loatheb.

It is a pretty good deal because you don't get unnecessary duplicates. But you can't dust them either. And you can't get them any other way (other than paying with gold for access - you can't craft them).

thespot84

You get about 30 unique cards while you clear it out and do the challenges as well. Several are still very good cards like Loatheb.

It is a pretty good deal because you don't get unnecessary duplicates. But you can't dust them either. And you can't get them any other way (other than paying with gold for access - you can't craft them).

sounds good. after that, which set should I buy if i buy more?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
you mean the adventure?

Yeah, the single player mode. The gold/money ratio is tilted more towards money with Naxx, so if you plan on spending any real money on Hearthstone, then Naxx is the best deal. It costs $25US to buy all of Naxx. However, it's 700 gold per wing, which is like 35 packs, which would cost you around $45US in real money.

I'm not sure. I guess it really depends on what type of deck you want to build and what your long term goals are for the game.

There are more cards to the classic set, but GVG has (imo) more consistency in strength especially in the legendary category. I'm not saying GVG is necessarily all better cards, but there are less weak ones.

Maybe someone else has better advice for this question.

You could also consider spending some on arena runs. But that sort of depends on whether you like arena or not. It is the best way to earn cards via not paying. And getting a couple arena runs in a row could really help you learn it. But I wouldn't recommend this until you have a solid understanding of the game's mechanics and each class. And drafting guides really help you pick the right cards.

ZealousD

There's about twice as many cards in the standard set as the GvG set, so I guess if you get 2 classic packs for every GvG pack that probably evens things out. You generally want to avoid duplicates as much as possible. Arena will also only give you GvG packs so that's something to take into consideration.

Gallywix coins are kinda scary. But getting a shield block, slam, and brawl feels good. I even got a regular coin. 4 spells in one match.

And the previous match I got execute, which helped me make short work of ysera. Imagine if rogue had execute in their basic set... would be OP as hell... lol. Just hero power/shiv/fan of knives anything and then 1 mana execute.

edit:
I almost gave up after I lost 6 games in a row, but then I won 6 games in a row. Learning pains =/

Just crafted a golden Dr. Boom. Figure he should see a lot of play and those golden bombs are pretty sweet looking too.

I did that a few days ago and I haven't regretted it. Boom is awesome.

Keeping my regular Boom and my Golden one just in case they do put the nerf hammer on him. lol

Skux

Mimiron's Head + Target Dummy + Target Dummy

ijM8yv2F4bYk1.gif

Cipherr

How often does Reynad stream?

This shit is terrible. Its just racist comment after women hating after even more horrible shit.

1 out of 10000 of them are funny. Terrible. Hope he doesn't let the ridiculous amount of money its making him convince him to do this shit ever again.

This shit is terrible. Its just racist comment after women hating after even more horrible shit.

1 out of 10000 of them are funny. Terrible. Hope he doesn't let the ridiculous amount of money its making him convince him to do this shit ever again.

It started out pretty good, but holy shit has it fallen off a cliff. 99% racist bullshit now

I stopped watching quite a bit ago. I'm just looking for people to watch who are good.

Dahbomb

Prepare yourselves, this will be ladder for the coming weeks:

All decklists from the tournament can be found here: http://www.kinguin.net/blog/deck-lists-101
I just beat this almost exact deck in Constructed with Handlock (well all the cards he played in that match were in that deck but I didn't get to see all of his cards) . He got me down in health and I happened to have Molten Giants in my hand plus Sunfury Protector and a Faceless. He didn't have any hard removals so he took 24 damage to the face.

ʀᴇxxᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ ɢᴠɢ ᴅᴀʏ 1: ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴇᴄᴋ ʀᴏʙᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴡ. ᴀᴍ ᴄᴏɴғᴜsᴇ. ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴏʀ ʜɪᴛ ғᴀᴄᴇ? ɪ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴛ1 ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴛᴀᴋᴇʀ ᴄᴏɪɴ ʟᴇᴘᴇʀ ɢɴᴏᴍᴇ? ɢᴠɢ ᴅᴀʏ 2: ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ, ʙʀᴀɪɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ. ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴜsᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴅᴇᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪᴛ ғᴀᴄᴇ. ᴀᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜʀᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴏʙᴏᴛ. ɢᴠɢ ᴅᴀʏ 3: ᴍᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴡɪɴɴɪɴɢ.

heh, 2 funny

johnsmith

remember me
I fucking hate crackle. It'll always hit low when I use it, and hit for max damage when used against me. Oh you got to kill my boulderfist ogre for 2 mana? That must be nice.

The Adder

Banned
Had Mage or Hunter Dominance for my daily today. Crossed it out, got Mage or Hunter Victory. Gritted my teeth and built myself a Mage Mech deck

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12142014230229_zps15290388.png

Not great, but was surprisingly effective.

Got a Mech Warper. Replaced the Target Dummy

... I don't play Rogue. Just cracked a pack with two Iron Sensei (which I already have two of) and an Ogre Ninja...

Getting close to having enough dust to craft another legendary, so I think I'll craft Dr. Boom and dust him when he gets nerfed. Might as well ride this gravy train while it lasts.

zoukka

I fucking hate crackle. It'll always hit low when I use it, and hit for max damage when used against me. Oh you got to kill my boulderfist ogre for 2 mana? That must be nice.

But it's exciting for viewers to go nuts when RNG wins games! Everybody wins! (Except the actual players who play hearthstone...)

Minsc

Gold Member
Something's fucked up with arena matchmaking, I'm facing decks multiple legendaries at 1-2 arena....

Even a deck with 10 legendaries has to be 1-0 before it can be 12-0. Why wouldn't you face them?

And loses aren't taken in to account when finding opponents (it'll prioritize 1-0, 1-1 and 1-2 opponents equally when you're 1-2 yourself), it only matches you by win count, so the early matches very much can be wild cards with the 7-X and higher matches being more predictable, where you expect a fourth fireball to the face (oh that's how he's gotten so far), or that perfect constructed-level combo of cards.

Xanathus

Even a deck with 10 legendaries has to be 1-0 before it can be 12-0. Why wouldn't you face them?

And loses aren't taken in to account when finding opponents (it'll prioritize 1-0, 1-1 and 1-2 opponents equally when you're 1-2 yourself), it only matches you by win count, so the early matches very much can be wild cards with the 7-X and higher matches being more predictable, where you expect a fourth fireball to the face (oh that's how he's gotten so far), or that perfect constructed-level combo of cards.

I meant 1 win 2 loss. The deck also had a good curve and plenty of removals.

TheChaos0

I find that the first 2 games are often the hardest for me. So I often start with 0-2 before I end up doing my 5-7 wins. (or I just lose the third game anyway xD)

ViviOggi

Unless this is outdated arena matchmaking does incorporate both wins and losses:
https://twitter.com/CM_Zeriyah/status/421056491840229377

Depending on the time of day in your region it can't always get a perfect match the further you go, and the earlier you are into your run the easier you'll get blown out by a future 12-0 deck that just started out themselves. And even then, since deck quality isn't accounted for, it's possible that someone you run into at 1-2 drafted a greedy deck which happened to draw well against you or someone with a very strong deck who lost two games early simply because they got unlucky.

ZealousD

ʀᴇxxᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ ɢᴠɢ ᴅᴀʏ 1: ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴇᴄᴋ ʀᴏʙᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴡ. ᴀᴍ ᴄᴏɴғᴜsᴇ. ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴏʀ ʜɪᴛ ғᴀᴄᴇ? ɪ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴛ1 ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴛᴀᴋᴇʀ ᴄᴏɪɴ ʟᴇᴘᴇʀ ɢɴᴏᴍᴇ? ɢᴠɢ ᴅᴀʏ 2: ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ, ʙʀᴀɪɴ ʜᴜʀᴛ. ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴜsᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴅᴇᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪᴛ ғᴀᴄᴇ. ᴀᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜʀᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴏʙᴏᴛ. ɢᴠɢ ᴅᴀʏ 3: ᴍᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴡɪɴɴɪɴɢ.

It's telling that Hunter got at least 3 really good new class cards, but the biggest buff to hunter was Clockwork Gnome.

When the hell are they nerfing undertaker and mad scientist already??

Minsc

Gold Member
Unless this is outdated arena matchmaking does incorporate both wins and losses:

https://twitter.com/CM_Zeriyah/status/421056491840229377

Depending on the time of day in your region it can't always get a perfect match the further you go, and the earlier you are into your run the easier you'll get blown out by a future 12-0 deck that just started out themselves. And even then, since deck quality isn't accounted for, it's possible that someone you run into at 1-2 drafted a greedy deck which happened to draw well against you or someone with a very strong deck who lost two games early simply because they got unlucky.

I see... A while ago people used to say it was based on just wins, but that does look pretty indisputable there, so win-loss ratio matching it is. Thanks for the link.

Still, it's not perfect, and probably won't get you matched up exactly all the time. Maybe it'd be neat if it displayed your record and your opponents current record on the Arena run, like how it shows the medal in ranked mode. That way you could at least feel a little better losing if it matched you against a 4-1 when you were 1-1... but then people would probably complain it's not fair and try and figure out when not to play Arena etc.

FeD.nL

Also to add to what Mobius said since the GvG set has less cards the ratio's between uncommon/rare/epic/legendary's are different resulting in a higher chance for dupes, but this might actually be a good thing since the vanilla set has a lot of cards that are duds and you can use the dust from your gvg cards to craft the good vanilla cards.

But what decks are you considering playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom