• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You generally want to avoid dupes because crafting cards are expensive. I don't think you should think about buying packs counting on dupes to give you the dust to craft what you want. You should hope you unpack what you need and then think of dust as a bonus. Its so much better to unpack what you need than it is to craft it. For that reason the best way to go about it is to always try and open packs that give you the least amount of chances for dupes. That's why I suggested opening 2 classic packs for every GvG pack you get.

Although I don't know how the ratio works once you get all the commons. The Rare+ ratio might be more telling.

Iron Juggernaut finally won me a match against a priest. He was clearly ahead but I played Rag who got him down to exactly 10 and he immediately drew the mine. =D

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Iron Juggernaut finally won me a match against a priest. He was clearly ahead but I played Rag who got him down to exactly 10 and he immediately drew the mine. =D

I was speccing a friend of mine that played a turn 7 Iron jugg and then Alex'd his opponent turn 9. The guy immediately drew mine, was pretty amazing.

I've lost to the mine. It isn't like I can win against control warrior without creating some card advantage so I had to sprint and one of the cards was the mine. I didn't think I could win from such low hp so I conceded.

Control warrior is so durable now I am surprised more people aren't running the thing.

Regarding the whole reynad thing, there is a thread on bnet where someone is actually trying to get reynad banned an shit from both twitch and hearthstone events... pretty funny stuff.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Control warrior is so durable now I am surprised more people aren't running the thing.

two big things about control warrior... you don't "need" legendaries.. but running control for the entire game (with a mostly clean board with trades) means you need finishers at the end. so you look at most of the popular control builds and they are easily some of the most expensive decks in the game.

second.. control warrior games are LONG. A short game is turn 9-10. like that's microscopic.. just yesterday I went to Fatigue in two games back to back (priest and another warrior). I'll pick up my ipad looking for a quick 5 minute game.. meaning rush, aggro, zoo, etc.. When I'm looking for that I won't get within 100' of priest or warrior. Control vs. Control matchup can easily go out past 10-15 minutes.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Lombax

Banned
Good times. Almost feel bad:

Screen_Shot_2014_12_15_at_12_32_00_PM.png

two big things about control warrior... you don't "need" legendaries.. but running control for the entire game (with a mostly clean board with trades) means you need finishers at the end. so you look at most of the popular control builds and they are easily some of the most expensive decks in the game.

second.. control warrior games are LONG. A short game is turn 9-10. like that's microscopic.. just yesterday I went to Fatigue in two games back to back (priest and another warrior). I'll pick up my ipad looking for a quick 5 minute game.. meaning rush, aggro, zoo, etc.. When I'm looking for that I won't get within 100' of priest or warrior. Control vs. Control matchup can easily go out past 10-15 minutes.

Yeah I'm very familiar with long control matches. But that iron juggernaut probably helps win so many control match ups.

ViviOggi

Iron Juggernaut really isn't as amazing as it looks. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but slots in Control Warrior are extremly scarce and there are so many other strong, more reliable new cards that it's hard for Juggernaut to make the cut.

Special C

Iron Juggernaut really isn't as amazing as it looks. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but slots in Control Warrior are extremly scarce and there are so many other strong, more reliable new cards that it's hard for Juggernaut to make the cut.

I'm having a hard time just finding room for ONE SheildMaiden. Probably going to cut Cairne. Can't waste a 6 drop on something that can't effectivly deal with Loetheb, Slyvannis or Sludge belchers. Maybe cut one of my Sheild blocks for the other one.

Piloted Sky Golem has better stats at 6/4 and costs the same as Cairne. You probably won't get Yeti stats with the deathrattle but I think it's better than Cairne in the current meta.

caesar

Banned
I've lost to the mine. It isn't like I can win against control warrior without creating some card advantage so I had to sprint and one of the cards was the mine. I didn't think I could win from such low hp so I conceded.

Regarding the whole reynad thing, there is a thread on bnet where someone is actually trying to get reynad banned an shit from both twitch and hearthstone events... pretty funny stuff.

??

everyone is playing it

ViviOggi

I'm having a hard time just finding room for ONE SheildMaiden. Probably going to cut Cairne. Can't waste a 6 drop on something that can't effectivly deal with Loetheb, Slyvannis or Sludge belchers. Maybe cut one of my Sheild blocks for the other one.

Piloted Sky Golem has better stats at 6/4 and costs the same as Cairne. You probably won't get Yeti stats with the deathrattle but I think it's better than Cairne in the current meta.

Yeah Cairne is ass now, most CW players already cut him a while before GvG hit. I wouldn't ever drop Shield Block though, that card is immense value and key against aggro/midrange decks where the armor from your hero power doesn't last but you need to deal with a medium health minion before it gets out of control. Two copies are a must, Shieldmaiden is a goddess you'll always need the cycling and flexibility Shield Block provides as well.

What's your current list? If you're running silences consider cutting those. There will be games where you'll miss them, but you'll miss a second Shieldmaiden even more.

I really like Sky Golem actually, although I don't see him in standard CW. You don't want too many 6-drops in an already greedy deck.

I've probably seen it 2 maybe 3 times in like 20 matches and my matches against them are usually pretty long despite playing rogue.

Dr boom, on the other hand, that card seems to be in every deck.

Warrior is my most faced class since reinstalling HS Tracker a few days ago:

For reference I was like rank 8 or 9 at the beginning, 3 right now. It's great though, the average CW player is dumb as bricks. I'm 11-1 in the mirror (forgot to start the tracker once)

I mean, there are 9 classes, and they all have one or two dominant deck strategies, so if you saw it 2-3 times out of 20....

I've played warrior 27 times in the last week. I could go through the logs and see what cards were played and what archetype, but I'm gonna estimate at least 20 (probably more) of those were control with a maybe 1-2 aggro/tempo and a couple midrange.

Of all those control warriors, I've probably seen juggernaut about 3 times.

Turn 3 6/11 with turn 2 Coin, Injured Blademaster, Circle of Healing followed by turn 3 Velen's Chosen.

E3jUr4Tl.png

I was shocked that a Druid was actually able to remove it as quickly as he did, but he used that Shade, played Starfall, and then Innervated Wrath. That's 3 of my cards to burn up 4 of his, plus I got to hit face for 6 damage. He never recovered from there, but he held out longer than I figured he would.

slayn

needs to show more effort.

johnsmith

remember me
Something about shrinkmeister makes me fuck up on his targeting. I've lowered the attack on my own minions twice. Why is that even allowed? There's almost no reason you would ever want to lower the attack on your own minions. Lost me a damn arena game.

Oh well, unpacking a gold flame leviathan makes up for it.

G.ZZZ

Playing a modified version of Lifecoach face paladin is so fun. Using undertakers and Gnomes + equality combo because i don't have hobgoblins .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Something about shrinkmeister makes me fuck up on his targeting. I've lowered the attack on my own minions twice. Why is that even allowed? There's almost no reason you would ever want to lower the attack on your own minions.
To dodge Shadow Words.

To debuff a Minion you've Shadow Madness'd but can't suicide this turn, but you still want the damage anyway.

To get a precise amount of damage in to avoid double Moltens + Defender.

Yeah it's fringe, but one day, for someone, somewhere, this is going to be a HUGE PLAY.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So, is the ratio of assholes to decent people increasing in this game? The number of dickdouches who emote "sorry", "that was a mistake" and "well played" at the START of a match is getting really old.

Yeah, it's satisfying to squelch, smash their face in and taunt them back when you win (as a rule I never taunt first or during a match), but what happened to sportsmanship?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To dodge Shadow Words.

To debuff a Minion you've Shadow Madness'd but can't suicide this turn, but you still want the damage anyway.

Yeah it's fringe, but one day, for someone, somewhere, this is going to be a HUGE PLAY.

But it's "this turn." Does that last all the way to the pass back?

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
To dodge Shadow Words.

Dodging SW isn't applicable, since the effect only lasts on your turn. Right?

johnsmith

remember me
The only use I can ever see for it is if you want to damage an enemy minion and not kill it, so you can circle and get 1 extra draw. I've done this play a lot

I really wish there was a confirmation box when you're doing a positive buff on an enemy or a negative buff on one of your characters. I imagine this happens a ton more on ipads. But they'll probably give some bullshit excuse about it not being streamlined and elegant for the UI.

Actually how would it interact with Crazed Alchemist?

Would the -2 stay on the attack? I feel it would, but I'm not sure.

With Crazed Alchemist, temporary buffs usually become permanent. For a simple example, if you place something next to a Flame Tongue totem and Alchemist, that +2 attack will transfer into health. (This is something you could mess around with on Thaddius. You could have two Flame Tongues next to each other and they would just grow forever.) I would assume it would also work with Shrinkmiester, but I don't know if they would gain an extra +2 attack after the switch. eg. If you have a 5/5 and shrink it down to 3/5 then switch it to a 5/3, I can't say if would say 5/3 or become a 7/3. It's a cool combo sure, but it's not something can use till your next turn.

Edit: Actually, I think it would stay a 5/3. I haven't seen an example with Abusive Sergeant where they lose attack after the turn if it's been switched.

Thanks for linking that AMA, wanted to catch that.

T3: Harvest Golem
T4: Blastmage

Two arena matches in a row I've been able to play that. Two games have been snowballed out of control by it. His stats are actually good enough to trade with most 4-drops on his own, which is crazy considering the strength of its text.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
>"I'm sorry."

Lol

Well-played

But seriously, the assholery lessens my enjoyment of the game. When I worked the HS demo at Blizzcon (all employees work it), my favorite part was the number of gg handshakes I saw after matches. Made me smile so much.

The smile I get smashing in the fucking face of an arrogant shitmaster and taunting them back after silently destroying them all game doesn't have the same feeling. Satisfying, but I wish feeding those fuckers their own words as they explode wasn't necessary in the first place. :

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lol

Well-played

It's the main reason why Blizzard (or you guys, technically?) introduced the emoting system in the first place.

The vitriol would be far worse with a real chat. For all their questionable decisions when it comes to Hearthstone, this is one thing they really nailed.

ViviOggi

Lol

Well-played

But seriously, the assholery lessens my enjoyment of the game. When I worked the HS demo at Blizzcon (all employees work it), my favorite part was the number of gg handshakes I saw after matches. Made me smile so much.

The smile I get smashing in the fucking face of an arrogant shitmaster and taunting them back after silently destroying them all game doesn't have the same feeling. Satisfying, but I wish feeding those fuckers their own words as they explode wasn't necessary in the first place. :
It wouldn't be half as bad if you guys hadn't made the VA so goddamn smug :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So far the AMA is vastly less informative than the one for Heroes.

To be fair, they basically talked about like 20 different unannounced things in the Heroes AMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom