• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Of all the top tournament players RDU is the one that just... mystifies me. Every single time I watch him play I feel like he makes outright poor decisions at times or blatant misplays... and then topdecks his only out to win.

zoukka

Climbed from 5 to almost 1 just now. Handlock decimates all other decks beyond hunter and even those have been close to 50/50. I just wanted to do Warlock quests :b

slayn

Maybe I'm crazy, but in the trump/amaz match just now I think it would have been a really cool play to holy fire your own rag, alchemist it into a 3/8 so that sylvanas can't kill herself on it.

I'm curious though, because I don't actually know. If you shadow madness Rag, do you get a shot off before it switches sides again?

slayn

I don't want RDU to win this but man... Massan doesn't exactly seem to be the best hunter player in the world.

Zemm

Ladder is infested with this retarded hunter deck, atleast up there with how much Zoo there was, which is funny because it feels like the same amount of players that just switch to whichever deck is the cheesiest/easiest that month. No wonder I'm having more fun in casual/arena where people aren't just using Reynad's or Kolento's hunter deck card for card and actually try out some new stuff.

Zafir

Ladder is infested with this retarded hunter deck, atleast up there with how much Zoo there was, which is funny because it feels like the same amount of players that just switch to whichever deck is the cheesiest/easiest that month. No wonder I'm having more fun in casual/arena where people aren't just using Reynad's or Kolento's hunter deck card for card and actually try out some new stuff.
Well, it doesn't help Zoo and Hunter decks are two of the cheapest to make. :p

Edit: Did they make quests back up past 3? I hadn't played in about 2 weeks so I had 3 quests, all of which I completed today. Now I've gone to look and I've managed to get another 3. o_O The funny part is, two are for hunter, so guess I'll be part of the problem lol.

It's usually more efficient to just get into another game with a consistent deck like zoo rather than let your opponent jerk himself off for 15 mins because of some crazy draw.

True, but if you don't learn how to beat strong openers you never improve. You never will learn anything if you don't at least try. Unless he already concludes that that opener is an automatic loss. He could have drawn a soulfire pretty easily and one of the 3/4s would have died to the flame imp on board + abusive sergeant or something similar like a mortal coil or elven archer. I don't think the situation cannot be overcome tbh.

Is he gonna concede every time someone innervates something out? Heh.

True, but if you don't learn how to beat strong openers you never improve. You never will learn anything if you don't at least try. Unless he already concludes that that opener is an automatic loss. He could have drawn a soulfire pretty easily and one of the 3/4s would have died to the flame imp on board + abusive sergeant or something similar like a mortal coil or elven archer. I don't think the situation cannot be overcome tbh.

Is he gonna concede every time someone innervates something out? Heh.

If a zoo hasn't beaten Druid by turn 7 though it's a huge advantage to Druid because of all the taunts they have. Having to get through two 4 health taunts on turn 1 shuts down all of the early damage that zoo can do.

slayn

I hate blizzard security. They locked my account because I made the grave error of trying to log into the battle net website on my work machine. I try to reset my password and they won't send me the email with the verification code. Now I've 'attempted that too many times' and am locked out of that as well.

It blows my mind that blizzard has managed to fuck me on security, one way or another, on every blizzard game I've played in the last decade. And not only that, but they are the only game company in existence to screw me on account security ever. How can one company be that bad at this?

If you really are facing 100% mad scientist hunter some kind of hyper aggro deck would wreck them pretty hard. Like a face charge hunter or aggro warrior that just hits them in the face with weapons, heroic/mortal strikes, and so forth. They have 0 healing and almost no taunts. So a deck that just outputs more damage faster will win.

Zoo is a maybe, but expect to lose to unleash the hounds a lot.

Maybe shockadin?

If a zoo hasn't beaten Druid by turn 7 though it's a huge advantage to Druid because of all the taunts they have. Having to get through two 4 health taunts on turn 1 shuts down all of the early damage that zoo can do.

Making assumptions about your opponent's deck in 1 turn is not very smart either.

I realize people still think of zoo as an aggro deck that needs to win by turn 7 but it isn't and good players can get around ancients of war even if the druid runs it, which most aren't due to hunter prevalence.

Just got Soulfired - Doomguard Discarded - plays shit - taps - Soulfires

...to death.

Sometimes you just can't win.

Woulda stabilized if the guy wasn't that lucky.

Dalek

I've never posted in this thread before but I have just have to vent-no other game in my entire life has frustrated the fuck out of me like this game. I just suck. I've spent money for cards, got a few Legendaries, I read up on strategies, understand the mechanics, watched streams, etc.

No matter what, I always blow. My enemy always has the exact card they need to ruin me. Every play. I'm just so defeated. This game just depresses the ever loving fuck out of me. I just wish I was good.

johnsmith

remember me
I've never posted in this thread before but I have just have to vent-no other game in my entire life has frustrated the fuck out of me like this game. I just suck. I've spent money for cards, got a few Legendaries, I read up on strategies, understand the mechanics, watched streams, etc.

No matter what, I always blow. My enemy always has the exact card they need to ruin me. Every play. I'm just so defeated. This game just depresses the ever loving fuck out of me. I just wish I was good.

What deck are you playing and what's your rank?

Just got 6 wins in Arena. Almost feels worst than going three losses straight, knowing I was only one win away from that major bump in gold. FUCK!
BTW, is Realz a Gaffer?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
12-1 with a Shaman deck that had zero Fire Elementals.

pfIO9iY.jpg

RiYjGR2.jpg

aww yeahh.

Tarazet

Speaking of Mill decks, what class would be the best to build one? I am thinking Rogue for the Saps/Shadowstep Coldlights.

There are effective Druid and Rogue mill decks. Naturalize is a pretty great mill card, especially in the Handlock matchup.

Tarazet

Maybe I'm crazy, but in the trump/amaz match just now I think it would have been a really cool play to holy fire your own rag, alchemist it into a 3/8 so that sylvanas can't kill herself on it.

I'm curious though, because I don't actually know. If you shadow madness Rag, do you get a shot off before it switches sides again?

Yes. If you steal Rag for a turn with Shadow Madness, it will nuke something on the opponent's board, or the enemy hero, before dropping back into it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats NameGenerated!

ShinNL

Playing a certain deck isn't that hard, it requires a little bit of matchup knowledge and understanding how your deck creates a win condition (contrary to what some people say here, thinking that piloting is something outstanding).

A big part of the game lies in what deck you run. If you don't have most of the cards, you also pretty much forced to either spend some dust, or create a deck with what you have.

The latter is how I play the game, and still do because that's the most enjoyable part of the game for me. For each daily I create a new deck and test and tweak based on wins and losses.

The question is, what deck do you run? If you're using a deck that 90% of the other players run, then it's kind of impossible to have a terrible win rate, since those decks pretty much play by themselves. So I assume you make your own decks.

You have to ask yourself: what is the win condition of your deck?

Does it continously dominate the board?
Does it have some removal for a swing around?
Does it have high unexpected burst damage?

You'll notice that these themes always come back in other decks. A deck that usually just wins with many minions usually has almost no AoE spell or that many big minions.

A deck with a lot of taunts and spell based removal is usually trying to turn the game around in their favor by using higher value (per mana) cards.

A deck that wants to draw a lot is probably going strong combination of cards, usually for instant burst damage.

When you play a deck, you have to know what the win condition is of your opponent and of your own. Based on that, and understanding what cards are likely to be in your opponents deck if you see a certain opening, you should set up a game plan on the fly.

A simple example would be:
Against a mage playing a minion every turn, you want to respond fast with your own minions and spells (likely aggro).
Against a mage who has used his four first turns just to draw, you want to do as much minion damage before turn 6, but then slow down the amount of minions you play (likely a freeze mage)

Acidote

I'm being... quite succesful with a considerably cheap aggro rogue deck I made. Most hunters think they can outrace me. That was a mistake.

Tacitus_

Oh lawd, kidnapper value. Thought it would be a dead pick, but I just kidnapped a raging worgen with BoK on it.

Oh and apparently Avenge can only trigger when you have 2+ minions on board. Good to know.

zoukka

Oh lawd, kidnapper value. Thought it would be a dead pick, but I just kidnapped a raging worgen with BoK on it.

Oh and apparently Avenge can only trigger when you have 2+ minions on board. Good to know.

Kidnapper is a fine card in arena. Mad tempo.

Highest Priest-HP ever in Arena? :D

I remember doing something like this in a non-Arena game. Used a Cabal Shadow Priest to take an Armorsmith. Then thru down a Pyro the next turn and with a combination of PW: Shield, a Holy Smite, and a CoH (with a Norhshire Cleric on the board) I gained something like 12 armor and drew 4 cards. My opponent was fuced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom