• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

Been trying out some new zoo variations for "educational purposes".

Holy crap these decks are consistent. Just had a game with a priest that cleared my board at least 3 times and had me down to 7 health. I was able to burst him down for 17 damage with a sea giant, power overwhelming and doomgaurd top deck.

Not sure if he wasn't running shadow word: death or not, because that would of won him the game, so I don't feel to bad.

Xanathus

Whoa, went on a 6 win streak with a Naxx fast Druid deck in order to complete 2 60 gold quests in one shot. It seems people putting in GvG cards actually weakens their decks a lot, mech Druid seems terrible as well.

Raxus

The dream is real.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12162014040344_zpsfe4e2105.png

For the record the game was over but he was so amused we played the game out a few more turns.

embalm

A paladin I played last night was taking forever to finish his turn. He was seriously roping every turn. When people play like this I tend to play faster and get more annoyed

Then the most beautiful thing ever happened. I played Sneeds Shredder and when he clears it the great Nozdormu falls out. I toss a Velen's Choosen on that sucker and start making trades.

Eeach turn he makes small mistakes because of the Nozdormu time linit. Forgetting a trade or not attacking with a weapon and seems to leave mana on the table. I messed up a play also, but I was too busy laughing like a mad man to be upset. I mean making trades, casting spells, and attacking with my though stolen weapon were so hard to fit into that tiny window of time.

He concedes after the 4th round of Nozdormu. It was one of the most fun games I've ever played though.

inky

Whoa, went on a 6 win streak with a Naxx fast Druid deck in order to complete 2 60 gold quests in one shot. It seems people putting in GvG cards actually weakens their decks a lot, mech Druid seems terrible as well.

I feel the same way about Druids. I haven't seen many new decks on streams either. Beast Druid is almost non-existent, and the ones that go mech and stuff always feel like they would be better served if they just had combo in hand. It's a lot more efficient.

I love Druid, but the auctioneer nerf killed the only deck I was proud of making and had fun using in constructed, and most of the new cards are so slow and not really that good (Recycle is just a bad card imo, but even if it wasn't, for 6 mana it's just... nope) when even control decks rely on strong early game too nowadays.

Maybe I'm not as inventive (and I don't have any of the new cards to test either way), but I feel Druid got the worst cards overall, not because they are bad cards necessarily, but because it's a battle against the meta with them.

ViviOggi

A paladin I played last night was taking forever to finish his turn. He was seriously roping every turn. When people play like this I tend to play faster and get more annoyed

Then the most beautiful thing ever happened. I played Sneeds Shredder and when he clears it the great Nozdormu falls out. I toss a Velen's Choosen on that sucker and start making trades.

Eeach turn he makes small mistakes because of the Nozdormu time linit. Forgetting a trade or not attacking with a weapon and seems to leave mana on the table. I messed up a play also, but I was too busy laughing like a mad man to be upset. I mean making trades, casting spells, and attacking with my though stolen weapon were so hard to fit into that tiny window of time.

He concedes after the 4th round of Nozdormu. It was one of the most fun games I've ever played though.
That's beautiful, hate idiots roping every turn. If you're browsing the web or whatever it's still not hard to run the game windowed and quickly finish your turn instead of wasting everyone's time.

FeD.nL

So far the AMA is vastly less informative than the one for Heroes.

To be fair, they basically talked about like 20 different unannounced things in the Heroes AMA.

That idea they had for sabotage originally Sounds pretty cool. Would certainly disrupt decks as Handlock but I can see why it might not be a fun card in other matchups.

embalm

I fancy the warlock, any legendaries I should craft specially for him?
There are a few different ways to play Warlock and each deck requires it's own cards. You're in luck though, you don't need many legendaries like other classes. The two staples are:
Handlock, a very control focused deck that keeps lots of cards in hand and lets their health drop only to surge back with heals and cheap giants.
Zoo, an aggro deck based on the cards with the most value
There are also some mid-range demon decks being played with, but I haven't heard anything solid from them yet.

So crafting for Warlocks...

You can't go wrong with Lord Jaraxxus, he is a must have for Handlock.
Mal'Ganis is looking really great as well if you want to play with lots of demons.

You could also just craft some really solid neutral Legendary cards. Ragnoros and Dr. Boom are both great cards for many decks.

If you want to stretch your dust you could make giants for Handlock and the rares needed for Zoo instead of a Legendary. Then you'll be able to play the class both ways.

Special C

Is Dr. Boom looking like Rag/Ysera tier good? I have enough dust to grab another Legendary and Ysera and Thalnos are the only "must-haves" left from the classic set I need.

inky

Ysera is great, but it doesn't even feel like a must have right now. Especially with those Priests stealing your sutff :p

Dr. Boom is starting to feel like Sylvanas tier of usefulness, which means, it could go into most decks no problem. It's just so much value.

Thalnos is great, and I love the little bastard, but it's a more niche card nowadays.

I'm pretty happy with my current rooster of legendaries (I haven't actually crafted a single one, I keep wasting my dust on finishing my epic collection.)

Naxx legendaries
Edwin VanCleef
Neptulon
Blingtron 3000
Illidan Stormrage
Mogor the Ogre
The Beast
Dr. Boom
Gruul
Ragnaros
Sneed's Old Shredder
Nozdormu

I would like to have:

Sylvanas
Bolvar Fordragon
Tirion Fordring
Lord Jaraxxus
Mal'Ganis
Bloodmage Thalnos
Tinkmaster Overspark
Captain Greenskin
Harrison Jones
Gazlowe
The Black Knight

inky

Even pre GvG he was only run in spell heavy rogue or shaman. Is he even being run anymore?

I'm not sure. He was also run in Freeze/Spell Mage (and the less common Spell Druid) but yea, considering half his usefulness comes with damage spells, and most decks go for heavy minion counts or utility spells, probably not.

ViviOggi

I wouldn't run Ysera now at all, in addition to being dead versus aggro it's become completely unplayable vs Priest.

Thalnos was a Miracle staple but Blizz finally managed to kill it off for good.

Lyng

As a druid player I really miss the time when actual brains and good trades mattert. Now its all about face and rng.

I'm happy miracle is dead, even though I put a lot of dust into it
Now it's time to set our sights on Murloc Shaman and complain about how OP nebulon is(edit: That's my personal opinion, yo)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not sure. He was also run in Freeze/Spell Mage (and the less common Spell Druid) but yea, considering half his usefulness comes with damage spells, and most decks go for heavy minion counts or utility spells, probably not.

I kind of wonder if he can be run in like a spelllock deck. He stacks really well with Implosion. Make ALL the 1/1s!

How to kill 6 8/8 Molten Giants in one turn as a mage
Step 1. On 10 mana, play Baron Rivendare(6m left)
Step 2. Play 2x Explosive Sheep(2m left)
Step 3. Ping one of the Sheep(0m left)
Step 4. Watch as everything on the board takes 8 damage
Step 5. ???
Step 6. Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom