• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

Downloaded the files listed in that redditt post and installed Hearthstone to my cyanogenmoded nood hd+. I see the Blizzard splash screen and then just black.

Guess I'll wait for official release in NA.

I've never been a fan of miracle rogue in the past but I might actually swap a sprint out for an auctioneer in my rogue deck.

I'd still be far from any miracle deck, but it wouldn't be crazy to call my deck a miracle variant.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Working great on my Oneplus One.

Now to figure out what to do with my old decks and start researching these new expansions. Holy crap it's been a while.

Haha, 5 Unleash teh Hounds in the current Arena.

VjRzYvj.jpg

li8avPA.jpg

Cipherr

Terribly unfun to play against though. I hope it stays dead and buried. Rogue has great value with the new cards anyway and is quite fun to play to boot.

Amen, second only to Warlock Zoo in terms of being a total drag to play against. Glad its dead.

Fixed1979

Can anyone recommend a good GVG Priest decks to get started with that class?

Also Slayn, I totally stole your Pally deck and I'm having a blast with it. I'm not really happy with how little I'm getting the quartermaster combo to work, but there's enough going on that it's more of a cherry on top when it does.

Lastly for anyone waiting or interested, I'm hoping to put on round two of the NeoGaf tourney the second round of January. A bit longer than I wanted between the tournies but you know life gets in the way. I'll sort out the details in the new year.

So here's the workings of my Control Hunter. Still missing a lot though, I'd like another Sniper and I think a single Feign Death would be great with Highmanes / Sylvanas. It's been working alright in lolCasual, so I dunno if it'd be good in current constructed. Card draw is nonexistent and I don't think there are enough clears for the aggressive decks that are on the ladder. Still love the Pyro / Mark combo and I like to imagine the surprise when people see Arcane Shot. Will just have to wait and see what I get from card packs in the coming weeks to see if I'll take it on ladder.
I feel like there might be a better Control-ish deck out there with more beasts and Call Pet but since I don't have any of the class Legendaries, and I don't want to run Call Pet without them. Sadly, just like with my Shaman I was running, I don't think the meta will ever be slow enough for any of my decks.

ViviOggi

Congrats, have you shared your Pally deck?
Thanks!

It's just Powder's list with a Belcher instead of Tinkmaster. Only started playing it today and it worked so well that I'd be hard-pressed to think of any changes right now.

I've always despised old Control Paladin, too much sitting around until after four turns you can finally apply your imba clears, but this post-GvG, midrange-ish style is quite fun.

I imagine similar decks will be all the rage for the coming weeks together with Mech Mage. I've already seen Zoo tech against it with the reinclusion of Owls, Hellfires and even Shadowflame, same goes for Hunters who are running Unleash way more often than they used to. Mustard 2 stronk

JesseZao

Got it running on my S4. Runs a bit slow, but it's not too bad considering lack of optimization.

Nothing of note from the free classic pack.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Local pallies hitting Legend with Bolvar in their decks. Showing the haters how it's done.

Cipherr

I love the attack voice over on the bot that gives both parties a random weapon.

Has a hilarious accent. Says something like "ha ha, eeeenjoy".
KuGsj.gif

slayn

needs to show more effort.
trying hearthstone out on my nexus 7 and the performance is kinda shit :(

playable though I guess so that will still work for travel

So, I'm playing this Druid with my Priest deck, and I'm absolutely mauling him. For every card he played, I had an answer plus some extra stuff to throw down on the board to make my position even stronger. He plays a turn 6 Sunwalker, I topdick Black Knight. He plays a turn 7 Dr. Boom, Vol'jin steals his health and random minion already on board clears him out (Boom Bots hit for 1 damage each on deathrattle). He plays a turn 9 Cenarius, I Shadow Madness the 2/2 trees into each other and steal Cenarius with my Sylvanas that I cloaked on the previous turn with a spare part. It gets to a point where I'm just beating his brains in and I fall one short of lethal, then this shit happens:

AYASzvdl.jpg

29 HEALTH!!! WTF?! This son of a bitch lucks out and survives with 1 health and pulls this out of his ass. I still won, and it was nowhere even close at the end, but just the annoyance of having to take him from 30 down to nothing a second time kinda pissed me off.

So, I'm playing this Druid with my Priest deck, and I'm absolutely mauling him. For every card he played, I had an answer plus some extra stuff to throw down on the board to make my position even stronger. He plays a turn 6 Sunwalker, I topdick Black Knight. He plays a turn 7 Dr. Boom, Vol'jin steals his health and random minion already on board clears him out (Boom Bots hit for 1 damage each on deathrattle). He plays a turn 9 Cenarius, I Shadow Madness the 2/2 trees into each other and steal Cenarius with my Sylvanas that I cloaked on the previous turn with a spare part. It gets to a point where I'm just beating his brains in and I fall one short of lethal, then this shit happens:

AYASzvdl.jpg

29 HEALTH!!! WTF?! This son of a bitch lucks out and survives with 1 health and pulls this out of his ass. I still won, and it was nowhere even close at the end, but just the annoyance of having to take him from 30 down to nothing a second time kinda pissed me off.

Reminds me of...

every priest and control match ever.

AYASzvdl.jpg

The sound effect of this card brings so many good feels. It's the tranquility sound from WoW (and I'm sure Warcraft as well). As a resto druid main in WoW, I love the sound.

Honestly, I don't even recall what the animation was (this is maybe the third time I've seen the card played) because I was too busy yelling at my monitor about this mother fucker pulling full life out of fucking nowhere.

That would work, just make sure the versions match.

I got it to work. Just pounded a handlock into the curb with my rogue deck. But I didn't get awarded any free packs, at least from what I could tell after logging in. Odd though, however, that a classic pack was on my account so maybe I got that and it just didn't have a pop up? Very confusing.

Also for other people looking, the post on the reddit link that has a rebuilt apk is not the most up to date one. Good thing I read some of the comments cause someone did rebuild the most up to date version.

So I own a galaxy s4... this is running it really smooth and responsive. Starting the first time took a while cause I think it downloads some files... and it doesn't prevent the phone from going to sleep. But the resolution seems very acceptable and even my medium/large fingers have no problem clicking the cards.

The only real problem is I can't manage to keep the chat box open without the chat input blocking everything making it pretty difficult to chat with. Oh, it also goes to sleep while running... which is quite annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom