• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

This game runs decently on my 2+ year old phone. I don't believe it "barely" runs on a new iPad tbh.

For such a complex game there could've been a few settings that could be tuned down methinks.

Raytow

This game runs decently on my 2+ year old phone. I don't believe it "barely" runs on a new iPad tbh.

For such a complex game there could've been a few settings that could be tuned down methinks.

eh? the game runs just fine, ipad mini 2.

Guiz

Did anyone tried to run the game on an Amazon Fire 6" 2014?
It's one of the cheapest android tablet and the size seems perfect to always have it on the go.

bigkrev

Snipit from my Arena deck. Did I do a good job?

B5B1D7tIUAAEWX8.png

Watch me go 0-3

Acinixys

Yeah

I have an iPad 2 and it runs perfectly

Ive had maybe 2 crashes in the year or so ive had the game

Celegus

It probably wouldn't be all that intensive if it wasn't running in a 3D engine and filled with tons of animations and effects, sometimes you can have dozens at once. It's a very high-end card game as far as visuals go, yes. Few card games have as much going on as Hearthstone, many cards have their own unique animations (summon, death, ability triggers, etc) and special effects to go along with them, they can be animated (golden cards), and when you start approaching 1,000s of different cards (were not there yet, but at around 500+), that's a lot of things to account for.

Though to say it barely runs on the newest iPad is a bit of hyperbole I think, given it runs on an iPad 2, and plenty of people said it's really nice on the iPad Air, among all the recent Android phones and tablets it runs well (enough) on.

So if you're open to replacing your device in the near future, chances are you'll be covered then. Or if you have a newer phone, you might be able to sideload it fine as well.

No smartphone here and no plans of getting a new tablet (pretty much just use it as a portable radio and occasional googling device around the house), so I'll just stick to PC for Hearthstone. Not a huge deal, but I was excited it finally came to android.

Keasar

What am I doing wrong?

Every deck I build is weak.
Every card I draw sucks.
Every move I do gets countered.
Every game I play I loose.
Every booster I have bought contains nothing but rinky dinky rares.

I am the worst Hearthstone player ever. I feel like I don't understand anything while everyone around me calls this the easiest card game ever.

embalm

What am I doing wrong?

Every card I draw sucks.

I am the worst Hearthstone player ever. I feel like I don't understand anything while everyone around me calls this the easiest card game ever.

I know that feel. I was rocking a deck with all the new demons and crushing it last weekend against all these control decks. This week it's back to fast decks and I haven't found my footing yet.

Keasar

I know that feel. I was rocking a deck with all the new demons and crushing it last weekend against all these control decks. This week it's back to fast decks and I haven't found my footing yet.
I don't even know how it is to rock or crush. All I know is loss and the few wins I have gotten have never felt like actual wins, more like I was lucky with having the right cards at the start and they wasn't or they just left instantly at the start of the match.

It would help to link a list and explain a little of what you are trying to do with a deck. From the sounds of it, you might of made a really slow deck in a really fast meta, that's normally my problem anyway.

These are the two decks I've been trying to play. I dunno, I just try to build decks with cards that look good or could be of help to each other. I can't form any synergy or anything out of it despite how "easy" people are trying to tell me it is.

Edit: Now lost to a Mage I managed to bring down to 4 health and then she got me down to 0 from 29.

gutshot

I don't even know how it is to rock or crush. All I know is loss and the few wins I have gotten have never felt like actual wins, more like I was lucky with having the right cards at the start and they wasn't or they just left instantly at the start of the match.

These are the two decks I've been trying to play. I dunno, I just try to build decks with cards that look good or could be of help to each other. I can't form any synergy or anything out of it despite how "easy" people are trying to tell me it is.

Building your own viable deck is really hard. Even experienced Hearthstone players can often struggle at building a good deck. If you are new, best thing to do is find a deck online that you know works in the current meta (zoo, face hunter, etc.) and build that. You will win a lot more, have more fun and get better at the game while doing it. Later, after you've gained more experience and acquired more and better cards, you can take a swing at building your own decks.

ViviOggi

What am I doing wrong?

Every card I draw sucks.

Compared to for example Magic, Hearthstone is a simple game in terms of mechanics and systems, but that doesn't mean you can simply throw together some nice cards and call it a day, far from it actually. Due to the game's online nature and ever-present matchmaking system the metagame, i.e. ways of playing currently regarded as the most efficient, is constantly being reassessed and optimized on a global level.

Large amounts of the player population don't copy innovators' decklists simply because they're 'famous', but because those decks have proven themselves to be effective in the current playing environment. The majority of players will always gravitate towards established, fast decks since that's what Hearthstone's simple, quantitative ranked system favors, and those in particular will quickly overpower something you just put together on your own, lacking the synergy of the tried and true archetypes.

Long story short, everyone can become a successful deck builder but it takes time and experience to compete with essentially crowdsourced lists people can and will copy so they'll have an easier time just playing matches.

embalm

Edit: Now lost to a Mage I managed to bring down to 4 health and then she got me down to 0 from 29.

I would watch Trump Teachings. He goes over the advantages & disadvantages of each class and the general strategies for the entire game. I've played for a while and still found them really informative. He also has some suggested beginner decks and explains what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

CoolOff

The metashift that some sort of in-game tournament set-up would bring should be really exciting. I can't really be bothered doing my own decks from scratch until then.

inky

You have to identify why you are losing. If every new card you draw feels like a bad draw it is probably because the card is not that strong, or more likely you don't have an appropriate strategy with it and the rest of your cards.

The thing that helped me the most in the beginning was to watch a few player streams and realize why they valued some cards more vs others, and just in general, a few very basic concepts like which cards to keep in your starting hand, how to use your resources, when to trade, and what makes a card good or bad value wise.

I could point out some things in your decks there, but instead I'd also recommend giving those Trump videos a watch, and that way it is more likely you'll find out by yourself. I'd also recommend copying at least one deck from another source and playing it. Believe me, it's not until you start playing decks that just work that you realize what you've been doing wrong with your own.

Get rid of Dust Devil in your Shaman, it is a trap. It dies to three heroes straight away and most of the others will be able to counter it. Most players will gladly eat three damage to kill it with a weapon or hero power.

Kioshen

Deck pictures.

From what I can see, both your decks severely lack early game plus lots of dead/poor value cards in there. Shaman is looking even worse because there's no way you can stabilize your board presence to even enable your win condition which I assume is bloodlust.

I do agree that having a look at the recent Trump Teachings video and running with his suggested deck for a while should point you in the right direction.

The Paladin deck has way too many buff spells and not enough minions. Your early game is way too weak with only Elven Archer and Wolf Rider (neither of which will actually stick to the board with only 1 health) and Shattered Sun cleric who is not likely to have anything to buff since nothing you play has staying power. Your end game has a lot of fat minions, but the other player is probably still sitting on all of his removal since you didn't coerce it out earlier. Cut Deathwing, the Boulderfists, and the Stormwind Champions and add some early minions that will stick. Something like Harvest Golem, Shielded Minibot, or Haunted Creeper. Cut some of those buff spells as well. Blessing of Wisdom usually won't draw you much more than one card, so it's really not that great. Replace Humility with Aldor, if you have him, that way you get the same debuff with a 3/3 body for only 2 more mana. And definitely add 2X Truesilver Champion.

For the Shaman Deck, Ancestral Healing isn't very good, I'd replace it with Rockbiter Axe. Earthshock is generally better than Frost Shock. Dust Devil is bad. He has lots of offensive potential, but he's just not likely to ever get the chance to realize it with only 1 health. I'd cut both of the Windfuries. Try replacing Boulderfist with Fire Elemental. He has less health, but his Battlecry can have an immediate effect on the board even if he never gets to attack. Since you've got 2X Bloodlust, you really need a lot of minions on board to take advantage of the buff. Try using deathrattles that are likely to survive more than one turn. Harvest Golem, Haunted Creeper, Sludge Belcher, Nerubian Egg, and Piloted Shredder are all very likely to leave something behind to annoy your opponent or to buff with Flame Tongue Totem/Bloodlust/Rockbiter Axe. Flame Tongue Totem is nice so that you can actually get some work out of your totems. Lightning Bolt (or Crackle, if you have it) is a quality removal.

This is my basic paladin midrange deck. I played it on EU til about rank 12 where I got bored with it. This was like last month.

basic_paladin.png

Looking at the pic of trump's decks, they are pretty similar though.

Xanathus

Welp, just got a turn 4 win from concede with turn 1 Undertaker -> coin -> Zombie Chow, turn 2 Loot Hoarder, turn 3 Shattered Sun Cleric, turn 4 Lightning Bolt. In Arena.

Raxus

I love how people want to nerf Dr. Boom before they even look at undertaker, Hunter, and other cards.

Give control this one card guys. We've been waiting so long. So very long.

Thanks everyone, I'll try to follow your advice as best I can.
If you ever want I get bored easily and I can try and provide some advice to get you started.

I love how people want to nerf Dr. Boom before they even look at undertaker, Hunter, and other cards.

Give control this one card guys. We've been waiting so long. So very long.

People have been calling for nerfs to Undertaker and Hunter for a long time. Particularly the Undertaker, Mad Scientist, Eaglehorn Bow combination. It's just insane how powerful those three cards working together is.

People have been calling for nerfs to Undertaker and Hunter for a long time. Particularly the Undertaker, Mad Scientist, Eaglehorn Bow combination. It's just insane how powerful those three cards working together is.

They already nerfed Eaglehorn once. It's fine the way it is now.

I got a gold one in a pack the day after the nerf. It was a good day. Put it towards my Sylvanas.

Skux

Since you've got 2X Bloodlust, you really need a lot of minions on board to take advantage of the buff. Try using deathrattles that are likely to survive more than one turn. Harvest Golem, Haunted Creeper, Sludge Belcher, Nerubian Egg, and Piloted Shredder are all very likely to leave something behind to annoy your opponent or to buff with Flame Tongue Totem/Bloodlust/Rockbiter Axe. Flame Tongue Totem is nice so that you can actually get some work out of your totems. Lightning Bolt (or Crackle, if you have it) is a quality removal.

Good advice here. A cheap (dust-wise) and reliable way to play Shaman is to flood the board with totems and sticky minions, use spells to control the board, and then unleash a wave of damage with Bloodlust.

Hylian7

I played this a while back but started really playing it last night for Android. I'm sure everyone has had this happen:

>Draw all 4 and 5 mana cards
>Replace them all
>Get 6 and 7 mana cards

bigkrev

I know...? Read the thread. Someone made this claim:

I'm saying I find it hard to believe when it runs on my old phone.

The game wasn't playable to me on a 1st gen iPad Mini (it would crash every couple of minutes, making ranked/areana unplayable), but runs like a dream on the 2nd gen iPad Mini 2

They already nerfed Eaglehorn once. It's fine the way it is now.

I got a gold one in a pack the day after the nerf. It was a good day. Put it towards my Sylvanas.

Eaglehorn Bow isn't the worst card out of the trio, it's just really powerful when played with Undertaker and Mad Scientist. Those two cards need to be nerfed. Particularly Undertaker.

Xanathus

Undertaker to 1/1 seems most reasonable. Less likely to 2 or 3 for 1. Still trades up when buffed.

The logical choice would just make it not buff the health, but it's plenty obvious that Blizzard is intentionally power-creeping the new cards to encourage people to buy them. I also think that they won't nerf any of the GvG cards including Dr Boom.

Leezard

The logical choice would just make it not buff the health, but it's plenty obvious that Blizzard is intentionally power-creeping the new cards to encourage people to buy them. I also think that they won't nerf any of the GvG cards including Dr Boom.
Indeed.
They'll just make a card next expansion/adventure that does "silence and deal 2 damage to all enemy mechs" or something like that.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
lol i finally got my android free pack using a bootleg version of hearthstone in an android phone i got.....the cards were all garbage LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom