• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
Amazon app store has Hearthstone up on its appstore. Glad I finally have some use for all those Amazon coins I have amassed these couple of months. Time to cash them in for Hearthstone packs. For those that want to buy hearthstone packs at a discount. You can buy 5000 amazon coins for $40 which is the equivalent of $50. Effectively 20% off hearthstone packs.

JesseZao

Amazon app store has Hearthstone up on its appstore. Glad I finally have some use for all those Amazon coins I have amassed these couple of months. Time to cash them in for Hearthstone packs. For those that want to buy hearthstone packs at a discount. You can buy 5000 amazon coins for $40 which is the equivalent of $50. Effectively 20% off hearthstone packs.

Oops. I should've saved my motherload for this, haha. I think I'm down to 500 coins.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe i'm trying to emulate an android tablet for a meager pack, damn. Also i'm gonna have to investigate how to turn my amazon coins into actual packs, i have a bunch but i have no idea how to use them to buy packs.

inky

So this works on a Galaxy S4?

I might have to try this then. I might just gift myself a tablet for Christmas anyway.

Rogue (me) vs paladin, 29-0 paladin - (from my phone too :D). Could have been 30 damage if I played this slightly different.

This is my board:
Shade of naxxramas (4/4)
Assassin's blade (7/3 - 2 deadly poisons on it with 1 swing used)
I'm at 7 hp (dead probably next turn since he has ashbringer and a few minions)

I need blade flurry to survive or I need to sac the shade into the guardian or something.

This is my play:
azure drake (fishing for blade flurry)
draw - BLADE FLURRY
preparation
tinkmaster sharpsword oil (omg the oil hit the shade, but I should have done this before azure drake for guaranteed hit)

attack w/ weapon - 10 damage
shade attack - 7 damage

Paladin hp = 12

Up til now I was just gonna blade flurry to clear board and hopefully win next turn. Then I noticed... autobarber will bring the blade flurry damage up to 11. And azure drake's spell power brings it up to 12!

If I played the autobarber before my weapon attack, that would have been a 30 damage finisher :)

So this works on a Galaxy S4?

I might have to try this then. I might just gift myself a tablet for Christmas anyway.

Working for me with no issues other than chat being difficult and the phone screen turns off.

Minsc

Gold Member
Working for me with no issues other than chat being difficult and the phone screen turns off.

I don't get that issue, maybe it's just the auto-off feature from the OS? I had mine set to 1 minute, and that's about when it will turn itself off. If you set it to 5 minutes, I imagine you'd never run in to any issues. The whole process was super easy though, didn't have to fiddle with a thing, just install the modded apk and I was good to go. Supports the stylus perfectly as well.

I imagine the only issue will be running it after updates, it probably won't work until you get a newly modded apk again (or obb whatever), but that should only be an issue once or twice hopefully, before there's an officially supported mobile build.

I don't get that issue, maybe it's just the auto-off feature from the OS? I had mine set to 1 minute, and that's about when it will turn itself off. If you set it to 5 minutes, I imagine you'd never run in to any issues. The whole process was super easy though, didn't have to fiddle with a thing, just install the modded apk and I was good to go. Supports the stylus perfectly as well.

I imagine the only issue will be running it after updates, it probably won't work until you get a newly modded apk again (or obb whatever), but that should only be an issue once or twice hopefully, before there's an officially supported mobile build.

Usually apps have a feature that stops the screen from going into power saving mode. But maybe it is off since my battery is fairly low. I have it plugged in now so maybe it'll stop.

edit:
nope, still goes into power save. Weird if I have to set it from the phone's settings.

Ouch, so my phone turned off despite being plugged in and I couldn't resume it via PC. That sucked. Would have been worse if I wasn't in such a dire situation in though. I had a chance though and a pretty good one I think even though I was 4 hp vs a control warrior with a bomb somewhere in my deck with no more healing....

edit:
I think I found the issue, the USB connecting to the power outlet converter thingie wasn't plugged all the way in.

inky

Classic pack. I did get a pop up, but I tapped it too fast so I didn't see what it said.

Just after the 1 win. Are there more?

Qvoth

so now that hearthstone is on android, i think i'll try the game out
deck recommendations? preferably something simple yet good enough for competitive

Raxus

deck recommendations? preferably something simple yet good enough for competitive

As much as it pains me to say it. Warlock Zoo is easy to make and still very viable (I think). Most other decks usually have some form of legendary. Don't even think about control warrior until you have built up a major library.

Celegus

Uh oh, says my tablet is below recommended specs... hope it works okayish anyway!

edit: Well shucks, it's a choppy mess. Apparently a 2 year old Nexus 7 can't handle Hearthstone.

johnsmith

remember me
Man, I love this little bot. He packs a big punch.
vHPYvs1.png

Kettch

Demonlock can be pretty fun. Priest circle kills both my voidcallers, and out pops Malganis+Jarraxxus. Nice turn 6 9/7+5/17 board.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Uh oh, says my tablet is below recommended specs... hope it works okayish anyway!

Same here. I have the HP Touchpad. Shit is chugging hard and already crashed on my first bootup. Tried a CPU match and it was unbearably slow. Probably not ever gonna play again but at least I got a pack. :\

johnsmith

remember me
Recombobulator so good. Had a mage down to 2 hp as a priest, all i had on the board was an elven archer, and his hand was full, mine was empty. Recombobulated the archer to a leper gnome. Of course he had flamestrike in hand. Well played.

In Vanilla Hearthstone (when the game was still new and before Naxxramas and GvG), Trump's basic decks were pretty good to start out with. They only require basic cards, so you can try them out and then experiment with deck building.

suko_32

Also, there's a promo going on where (I think) you get half of the coins you spend back into your account instantly. They expire a year after it's issued. So for example if you bought the 40 packs for 5000 coins then you get 2500 coins back instantly...

Tarazet

In Vanilla Hearthstone (when the game was still new and before Naxxramas and GvG), Trump's basic decks were pretty good to start out with. They only require basic cards, so you can try them out and then experiment with deck building.

Trump's basic Mage deck is the best one. Not surprising since Mage has the best basic cards.

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
Also, there's a promo going on where (I think) you get half of the coins you spend back into your account instantly. They expire a year after it's issued. So for example if you bought the 40 packs for 5000 coins then you get 2500 coins back instantly...

Ooo you have a source for this? If so I'm kind of tempted to buy 5k coins.

Atuin

Dr. Boom is ridiculously OP. It just does way to much for 7 mana.

Way too strong. I'm using it in Deathrattle/token shaman deck and boom bots benefit from flametongue totem, bloodlust and cult master, give double buffs to undertaker (because that card definitely needed help) not to mention possible mech synergies.

ShinNL

So here's the workings of my Control Hunter. Still missing a lot though, I'd like another Sniper and I think a single Feign Death would be great with Highmanes / Sylvanas. It's been working alright in lolCasual, so I dunno if it'd be good in current constructed. Card draw is nonexistent and I don't think there are enough clears for the aggressive decks that are on the ladder. Still love the Pyro / Mark combo and I like to imagine the surprise when people see Arcane Shot. Will just have to wait and see what I get from card packs in the coming weeks to see if I'll take it on ladder.

I feel like there might be a better Control-ish deck out there with more beasts and Call Pet but since I don't have any of the class Legendaries, and I don't want to run Call Pet without them. Sadly, just like with my Shaman I was running, I don't think the meta will ever be slow enough for any of my decks.
You can personally make it slow with Feign Death + Explosive Sheep. In theory it should be your version of Auchenai Circle (for the same mana cost).

I'm not so sure about trying to get the beast synergy to work and try to play control with only 2 taunt(givers) and no heals.

An even slower version with key cards like Explosive Sheep, Steamweedle Sniper, Pyro, Sunfury, Belcher, Molten Giant, Healbot, Explosive Trap, Feign Death, Sylvanas, Cairne and Highmanes would seem a lot stronger to me.

Playing a curve-dependant control deck doesn't really seem like you're in control at all, just more like a ramp druid.

TheChaos0

I tried a few games yesterday on my Nexus 9. It was already late and my test game turned into 3. Hearthstone on a tablet is a dangerous thing! I think they could tweak some how targeting works with Hero abilities. I would rather press on it and then press on the target, rather than drag to target.

ViviOggi

Did you get crackled? ;)

Ha, not this time but it's always Shaman isn't it. Yesterday I played this unbelievably retarded match. Turn 9, I kill off his totems and Mustard + Quartermaster. Boom 25% spell power roll Lightning Storm for a full clear. He has a Fire Ele, an Argus and the totem, all at two health. I drop Loatheb and a 13/7 Bolvar, it'd take his entire turn and the Fire ele to deal with both. He plays a yolo Enhance-o, rolling Windfury on his entire board and goes face with a Rockbiter to take me from 23 to 1 HP. I can't both clear and heal so I Consecrate, hero power and get him to 5 with Bolvar and Loatheb, knowing that since most Shamans cut Lightning Bolt and he used both his Fire Eles, Rockbiters and Doomhammer already, he'd have a 2/15 chance to kill me next turn.

Topdick Crackle

TheChaos0

Ha, not this time but it's always Shaman isn't it. Yesterday I played this unbelievably retarded match. Turn 9, I kill off his totems and Mustard + Quartermaster. Boom 25% spell power roll Lightning Storm for a full clear. He has a Fire Ele, an Argus and the totem, all at two health. I drop Loatheb and a 13/7 Bolvar, it'd take his entire turn and the Fire ele to deal with both. He plays a yolo Enhance-o, rolling Windfury on his entire board and goes face with a Rockbiter to take me from 23 to 1 HP. I can't both clear and heal so I Consecrate, hero power and get him to 5 with Bolvar and Loatheb, knowing that since most Shamans cut Lightning Bolt and he used both his Fire Eles, Rockbiters and Doomhammer already, he'd have a 2/15 chance to kill me next turn.

Topdick Crackle

Oh, Enhance-o. He can produce some ridiculous results.

Szadek

After playing mech mage (with Antonidas) for the past few days my conculsion is that
A)Antonidas still isn't that great
B)I should probably play druid instead.

Antionidas is still too slow against competitive decks.he usually only give you 1 or 2 fireballs and then dies.
You might as just play Raganros,because he has a similar effect on the board.

Other problems the deck has are:
-lack of card draw
-lack of silence
-lack of end game finisher
Druid has all of those things.

If anyone else wants to try a (slower) mech mage deck,I recommend playing Sluge Belcher and Sylvannas.

After playing mech mage (with Antonidas) for the past few days my conculsion is that
A)Antonidas still isn't that great
B)I should probably play druid instead.

Antionidas is still too slow against competitive decks.he usually only give you 1 or 2 fireballs and then dies.
You might as just play Raganros,because he has a similar effect on the board.

Other problems the deck has are:
-lack of card draw
-lack of silence
-lack of end game finisher
Druid has all of those things.

If anyone else wants to try a (slower) mech mage deck,I recommend playing Sluge Belcher and Sylvannas.

I'm actually semi-enjoying playing a worse version strifecro's mage deck, because it's fairly straightforward and actually doesn't use too many of the new cards. However, I don't have any cards that give spare parts, so technically I'm playing it at way below optimal conditions, atleast for AA activations.

KT turns out to be a really important card for that kind of mage deck, I think, and I had a very hard time winning without it.

Celegus

Same here. I have the HP Touchpad. Shit is chugging hard and already crashed on my first bootup. Tried a CPU match and it was unbearably slow. Probably not ever gonna play again but at least I got a pack. :\

It's a shame. I haven't played the game in 4-5 months because I've been waiting on the Android version - never even crossed my mind that it might not work.

gutshot

I just made 10 wins with a Druid, and it was an unassuming draft. Not sure if I got lucky or what.

zlTnEty.jpg

2x Healing Touch seems key to this deck, allowing you to stabilize and win with your fatties after you most likely got rushed down in the early game. Is that how it played out?

It's a shame. I haven't played the game in 4-5 months because I've been waiting on the Android version - never even crossed my mind that it might not work.

Really? You didn't think it might not work on a 3 year old tablet when it just barely runs on a brand-new iPad?

Celegus

Really? You didn't think it might not work on a 3 year old tablet when it just barely runs on a brand-new iPad?

I've played like two games ever on the thing, and don't follow any of it closely enough to know what it works on well or not. I've never even touched an ipad, let alone know what specs are in there. A card game didn't seem like it would be all that intensive, but apparently I was wrong.

Minsc

Gold Member
I've played like two games ever on the thing, and don't follow any of it closely enough to know what it works on well or not. I've never even touched an ipad, let alone know what specs are in there. A card game didn't seem like it would be all that intensive, but apparently I was wrong.

It probably wouldn't be all that intensive if it wasn't running in a 3D engine and filled with tons of animations and effects, sometimes you can have dozens at once. It's a very high-end card game as far as visuals go, yes. Few card games have as much going on as Hearthstone, many cards have their own unique animations (summon, death, ability triggers, etc) and special effects to go along with them, they can be animated (golden cards), and when you start approaching 1,000s of different cards (were not there yet, but at around 500+), that's a lot of things to account for.

Though to say it barely runs on the newest iPad is a bit of hyperbole I think, given it runs on an iPad 2, and plenty of people said it's really nice on the iPad Air, among all the recent Android phones and tablets it runs well (enough) on.

So if you're open to replacing your device in the near future, chances are you'll be covered then. Or if you have a newer phone, you might be able to sideload it fine as well.

Bizazedo

Demonlock can be pretty fun. Priest circle kills both my voidcallers, and out pops Malganis+Jarraxxus. Nice turn 6 9/7+5/17 board.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with my version of the demonlock. Has issues, I am rusty / not great, but it's just so funny.

Void Callers pulling the 3/5 Taunt from my hand to replace themselves. Imp-losion + two Banes of Doom spawning more demons everywhere.

Demon Heart additions make it so threatening or desperation minion removal. Couple silencers to round it out and when it gets rolling it feels unstoppable.

Actually considering dropping Jaraxxus, though. I don't know if I like a 3/15 versus casting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom