• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
What is the best way to have HS running in an android emulator for PC? I don't have any Android tablet and I'd like not to miss the free pack.

On the same note... if the emulation is feasible, would it be possibile to "fake" a kindle device? Or is there a way to access the amazon store with said emulator? I'm tempted to use some amazon credit with that coin promotion, while it lasts.

You could try Andyroid, according to this you can install the Amazon App Store to it, but you may have to side-load it, because I don't think Google has it on their Play Store anymore (or if they do, it's coming down soon).

I've used it before briefly, and it worked fine after I restarted, but I've read a few people don't like some of the permissions etc it takes. It's supposed to be super-easy to setup, but that tends to be either hit or miss for people.

The good thing about it is though, the device it registers/adds to your Google account seems to be compatible with everything I ever checked on the Play Store and performance is pretty good, so if you ever want to test an app, it should work.

Finally got a GvG legendary from a pack

It's that Paladin 1/7 that gains attack for stuff that dies while you have it in your hand. Is it any good?

ViviOggi

Finally got a GvG legendary from a pack

It's that Paladin 1/7 that gains attack for stuff that dies while you have it in your hand. Is it any good?
Bolvar is better than expected, works fine as an additional threat in midrange decks. Even if you draw him late your numerous medium cost drops, Mustard for Battle and hero power can buff him up within a turn or two.

From rank 2 onwards there is minimal skill disparity anyway. At least wih your average player.
It's really just a matter of how much time people have committed to the grind at that point.

Minsc

Gold Member
I really like Murlocs.
Like, a lot.

The one time I encountered that Shaman GvG legendary so far, it got 2 warleaders and something else that was good. So after I dealt with the 7/7 they had two 5/4 warleaders out, and the other murloc they played was like 6/3 or better as well because of the buffs... definitely can be a strong card even by itself.

The one time I encountered that Shaman GvG legendary so far, it got 2 warleaders and something else that was good. So after I dealt with the 7/7 they had two 5/4 warleaders out, and the other murloc they played was like 6/3 or better as well because of the buffs... definitely can be a strong card even by itself.

I love my Shamurloc deck. I haven't played it much due to lack of Hearthstone time in general, but sometimes, man, the deck just clicks. Recently I had a game that went as follows:

Turn 1: Opponent passed their turn. Murloc Tidecaller, Coin, Murloc Tidecaller for me.
Turn 2: Opponent played a 3/2 minion. Bluegill Warrior into their 2 drop, hit face for 5 with the Tidecallers.
Turn 3: Opponent used Hero Power (Mage) to ping a Tidecaller. For me, Murloc Tidehunter, Grimscale Oracle, hit face for 17 with Tidecallers.
Turn 4: My opponent Poly.orphed one of my Tidecallers. I dropped two Flametongue Totems for maximum overkill and the win.

Felt dirty yet so good.

Xanathus

Wow, control warrior is actually beating paladin at a 50/50 when previously it used to be heavily favored on the paladin side. Putting in GVG cards actually weakened the matchup for paladin.

ViviOggi

Wow, control warrior is actually beating paladin at a 50/50 when previously it used to be heavily favored on the paladin side. Putting in GVG cards actually weakened the matchup for paladin.
Yeah I felt that from both classes' perspectives whereas the matchup used to infuriate me playing Warrior. More threats with Shieldmaiden and Boom so your few but powerful answers become harder to place and the now common Geddon + double Whirlwind just wreck Midrange Paladin's shit, in addition to always benefiting from your tokens before Quartermaster.

If true, that is weird. Cause while playing a midrange/control paladin pre-gvg I was winning those match ups at a very very high win percentage and the only card I can see making the match up real difficult is iron juggernaut cause that bomb will almost certainly be going off at one point or another.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Yeah, I actually have him in the version that doesn't have any other murlocs and just getting four additional cards is a huge boon.

I usually play him later when my hand is emptying since other cards are better, but when both parties are sitting with near empty hands it's a major swing.

Xanathus

If true, that is weird. Cause while playing a midrange/control paladin pre-gvg I was winning those match ups at a very very high win percentage and the only card I can see making the match up real difficult is iron juggernaut cause that bomb will almost certainly be going off at one point or another.

The reason for the difference is that Paladins aren't running as many single target removals like Humility/Aldor + Kodo, and some cut out Pyromancer because of Muster for Battle. Paladin used to be good vs warriors because they could just remove all of Warrior's threats and hero power them to death.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Paladins are cutting Pyro for more midrange cards like Muster for Battle and Shielded Minibot. The Pyro+Equality combo is what made that matchup so tough for warrior. And whirlwind or death's bite is really strong against Muster. And yeah, like Xanathus said, I think Humility is getting cut too. Muster + Quartermaster is pushing the class to be more midrange, which works in the warrior's favor.

FeD.nL

Rag is such a dumb fucking card. My Rag misses a 1 in 2 chance for 3 fucking turns, his Rag shoots a 1 in 5 chance straight in the face for lethal.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"RNG makes Hearthstone fun!"

image.php

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The true secret to Crackle is to RNG a spell power totem and then RNG two 8 damage blasts to win when you're effectively doomed.

The reason for the difference is that Paladins aren't running as many single target removals like Humility/Aldor + Kodo, and some cut out Pyromancer because of Muster for Battle. Paladin used to be good vs warriors because they could just remove all of Warrior's threats and hero power them to death.

I cut kodo from paladin a long time ago, that or I just run a single one. Never really was that important in the warrior match and in fact I feel like I've lost matches because of the card being in the deck, even though every once in a while you get a nice combo out of it.

As for fatiguing them out, still viable. Only real difference is the iron juggernaut I believe. There will come a point where they just can't deal with the recruits efficiently.

Paladins are cutting Pyro for more midrange cards like Muster for Battle and Shielded Minibot. The Pyro+Equality combo is what made that matchup so tough for warrior. And whirlwind or death's bite is really strong against Muster. And yeah, like Xanathus said, I think Humility is getting cut too. Muster + Quartermaster is pushing the class to be more midrange, which works in the warrior's favor.

I actually have often found pyro to be weak in the match up. Just purely an equality activator that you don't need anyway. I often found myself with pyros at the end of the match. They are better for matches where you get a value equality on turns 6-8, not just taking out a single minion but substantially impairing your opponent's ability to kill you.

I'd imagine muster isn't great vs warrior, but if pyros are being cut it should be more than capable a replacement.

I can see why some people might cut humility, especially if pyro is being cut. That'll leave the paladin slightly more vulnerable to the ways warrior closes out a match against paladin, which is often trying to get 2 hits out of grommash or 2-3 trades out of grommash. And since silencing grommash just turns his attack into 4, that was its most effective use. Still having 2xaldor should be enough. The humility was best for anti-aggro + wild pyro triggers, which muster now does better.

As for midrange paladin's match up vs warrior, I think the paladin is still favored. I base this off of several seasons of playing midrange paladin. Maybe people just aren't used to playing midrange paladin vs warrior. Maybe their decklist is bad for it. I'm not an authority on the subject so maybe I'm wrong. But primarily my thoughts are that warrior didn't get anything other than iron juggernaut to really help out the match up. And even if there is a card or two cut for others, paladins just need to rethink their strategy.

Whelp my first GvG Legendary was Blingtron. I guess I should never complain about pulling a legendary but still...

I think Blingtron is the hidden gem of the expansion. Like harrison jones of the classic set, it will take people a while to figure out its value. It may not be as widely used, but I think even some control decks will adopt its use. Plus like 17/18 weapons you can get are pretty good and about 10 are really good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If used from the top of the screen, crackle will hit for the highest amount necessary in any situation.

If used at the bottom you are paying 2 mana + 1 overload for 3 damage.

ViviOggi

Except vs paladin armor isn't gonna accomplish much. Granted 5 attack on shieldmaiden is preferable to cairne.

It is against Midrange Paladins whose gameplan is to apply as much pressure as possible before the Warrior draws most of their deck / Alex.

Also it's two significant threats that weren't there before, CW simply had no non-situational turn 6 play for a long time (Cairne is dead and has for the most part been replaced by Geddon while Sylvanas isn't something you want to drop on an empty board if you can avoid it).

FeD.nL

I like all the RNG because I think it helps to add variety even when netdecking

Well some of the RNG I like but cards like Rag and as Vivi said Crackle are just badly designed. But I understand why they add such cards and not change them because when you do a quick search on youtube you find out that a Sniper Rag gets more than double the views of Reynad's Hunter play at that Dreamhack tournament. It's all about creating that buzz on the social space at this point, perhaps later on when the game finds it's groove and settles on the upper limit in terms of audience they will take a look at such cards and make changes.

It is against Midrange Paladins whose gameplan is to apply as much pressure as possible before the Warrior draws most of their deck / Alex.

Also it's two significant threats that weren't there before, CW simply had no non-situational turn 6 play for a long time (Cairne is dead and has for the most part been replaced by Geddon while Sylvanas isn't something you want to drop on an empty board if you can avoid it).

They're probably playing the match up wrong if they're trying to rush a CW down like that. It is pretty rare when you can actually beat a control warrior like that. The goal should be to have some semblance of board control going into turn 7-10, dodging geddon and brawl as a priority. Deal with alex, rag, and grom, and you've won. Since paladin have 2x aldor, 2x equality, and several healing methods, it shouldn't be hard to survive their finishers. They'll probably hit fatigue first and succumb to the pressure of hero power alone.

According to my deck tracker, I have a 85% vs the class with my midrange paladin deck. I haven't played the paladin deck much since gvg came out but I've played against CW enough to know that their deck and strategy has not really changed much. I think muster for battle replacing pyro might actually make the match up even better since you'll have more methods to play around sylvanas or ragnaros and still keeping a viable way to use equality. Quartermaster replacing kodo is probably also another beneficial move since kodo was often way too situational to be relied upon. And maybe after all the changes GVG has brought, the winrate could be lower, but I just can't imagine it being 50/50. I bet over time as people understand the match up better and their deck, you'll agree that paladin is still heavily favored.

Damn it. I downloaded Hearthstone yesterday for android, then downloaded battle.net and played like 10 hours in those two days. Rank 2 star 22. Mage lvl 23.

What have i done.

Also must think about editing my goty list in the other thread, because this belongs on there.

gutshot

Damn it. I downloaded Hearthstone yesterday for android, then downloaded battle.net and played like 10 hours in those two days. Rank 2 star 22. Mage lvl 23.

What have i done.

Also must think about editing my goty list in the other thread, because this belongs on there.

You made it to rank 2 after only two days with the game?

EDIT: Oh, rank 22. That makes more sense.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
What is the best way to have HS running in an android emulator for PC? I don't have any Android tablet and I'd like not to miss the free pack.

On the same note... if the emulation is feasible, would it be possibile to "fake" a kindle device? Or is there a way to access the amazon store with said emulator? I'm tempted to use some amazon credit with that coin promotion, while it lasts.

fuck all other android emulators www.amiduos.com is the real deal, i just used it to finally used my amazon coins to buy naxramass and a bunch of packs. The catch is that it only works on Intel processors machines but man does it work well and fast. You don't even need to install google play on it since it has by default the amazon app.

fuck all other android emulators www.amiduos.com is the real deal, i just used it to finally used my amazon coins to buy naxramass and a bunch of packs. The catch is that it only works on Intel processors machines but man does it work well and fast. You don't even need to install google play on it since it has by default the amazon app.

Thanks. Gonna use this to blow all my Amazon coins on GvG packs. I've got like 1,000 coins so it should be a decent bonus for me.

P.S. does the free trial work for this if I just want to use my Amazon coins, or is the functionality limited in the free trial?

Unstable portal...

This mage got an anima golem out on turn 3/4.

Dies at the end of my turn cause all he had was a mana wyrm and I had deadly poison in hand already.

Then he gets a fel reaver on turn 6/7.

But I already had lethal but with it I had the pleasure of burning 9 of his cards.

Good times.

--

I only have a meek 144 coins on amazon. I haven't used amazon in quite a long time I just noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom