• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Gonna use this to blow all my Amazon coins on GvG packs. I've got like 1,000 coins so it should be a decent bonus for me.

P.S. does the free trial work for this if I just want to use my Amazon coins, or is the functionality limited in the free trial?

the free trial does work fully for using amazon coins, i just used you see. Also apparently amazon is giving 1000 coins per purchase with coins you might want to look into that.

fuck all other android emulators www.amiduos.com is the real deal, i just used it to finally used my amazon coins to buy naxramass and a bunch of packs. The catch is that it only works on Intel processors machines but man does it work well and fast. You don't even need to install google play on it since it has by default the amazon app.

Thanks for this, I'll try it when I get home from work this afternoon.

Too low. I pretty much always take it when it's available. It was recommending the other two cards over it. I was like, "no way..."

Sorta depends I guess. What were the other two cards? Also what was your class? Maybe it figured your curve was already too high. Could be a number of factors and I think they all count towards its recommendation rating (although I've never actually used the site tbh, I do know what it is).

Anyone remember what they keyboard shortcut was for reconnecting to a game?

There is a shortcut? I never heard of that. I would like to know if there is one though.

johnsmith

remember me
Most arena curves are so low these days that I almost always draft force tank max. Hell, even war golem is decent. It's rare that I get offered anything 6+.

Most arena curves are so low these days that I almost always draft force tank max. Hell, even war golem is decent. It's rare that I get offered anything 6+.

Exactly... unless the low drop is a premium low drop, I am finding myself pick even mediocre big bodies because since gvg hit arena I have noticed a lack of 5+ drops. My current arena run (which I drafted a couple days ago and haven't even started yet) has 5 minions 6-8 cost, 3 at 5 cost, plus flamestrike and blizzard. So I feel like its a pretty good draft on that basis alone. I feel like 10 cards at 5cost or higher is pretty acceptable for arena.

Minsc

Gold Member
Quickest way to lose an Arena, draft more than ten 4+ mana cards. Guaranteed you'll get half of them in your opening hand and first few draws, while your opponent will flood the board, then when you play your big minion, they'll Cult Master and trade efficiently in to it, getting another 3-4 cards and winning.

Arena is so fast now, if a card is more the 3 mana, it's got to be amazing to have me wanting pick it, even things at 4 mana I find to be too slow now. I think you really need a good 15-20 cards at 1-3 mana to stand a chance to make it to the later turns now.

Then again, maybe I just have horrible luck. But it seems my opponents almost never miss a drop starting from the second turn, and half of the time they have a strong turn 1 play as well, to punish you if you had a 3/2 2-drop and the coin.

Gotchaye

Quickest way to lose an Arena, draft more than ten 4+ mana cards. Guaranteed you'll get half of them in your opening hand and first few draws, while your opponent will flood the board, then when you play your big minion, they'll Cult Master and trade efficiently in to it, getting another 3-4 cards and winning.

Arena is so fast now, if a card is more the 3 mana, it's got to be amazing to have me wanting pick it, even things at 4 mana I find to be too slow now. I think you really need a good 15-20 cards at 1-3 mana to stand a chance to make it to the later turns now.

Then again, maybe I just have horrible luck. But it seems my opponents almost never miss a drop starting from the second turn, and half of the time they have a strong turn 1 play as well, to punish you if you had a 3/2 2-drop and the coin.

No I think this is pretty much right. Gotta go fast.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No I think this is pretty much right. Gotta go fast.

I think saying 4 mana is too slow is an exaggeration, but it's definitely more important that you curve out at the beginning. Like you used to be able to pick five or six 2-drops and then you just went with solid cards for the rest. Now I'm looking for the 3 and 4 slots to be the same. AOE is also more important than ever, I would never skip out on AOE these days. Not even for a yeti.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
so, what are the odds of someone throwing together some sort of package that makes running hs on an android phone effortless?

Someone on reddit made a version of hearthstone that runs on unsupported android phones, it works since i tried on a xperia S but it rans slowly so your experience may be better depending what phone you have.

Sorta depends I guess. What were the other two cards? Also what was your class? Maybe it figured your curve was already too high. Could be a number of factors and I think they all count towards its recommendation rating (although I've never actually used the site tbh, I do know what it is).

I didn't remember but I apparently still had the window open from last night. The other choices were frost nova and shattered sun cleric. Third pick of the draft so curve wasn't really an issue at that point. Shattered Sun Cleric is really good, but c'mon...

The thing about Force Tank is that it's too dangerous to ignore but too expensive to trade against. It can be a real nightmare if you don't have any removal. It can be irrelevant against fast decks with board control and a lot of minions that are closing on lethal, but otherwise I feel like it's kind of a no-brainer.

so, what are the odds of someone throwing together some sort of package that makes running hs on an android phone effortless?

It is pretty effortless. Find that reddit link. Scrolls through some of the comments. Someone has pre-rebuilt the apk. Find the most up to date version. Download the apk and the obb. Put the obb where the reddit thread says to put it (its like android/obb/*hearthstone folder name whatever it is*). Then install the APK.

At least that is all I had to do to make it work.

Gotchaye

I think saying 4 mana is too slow is an exaggeration, but it's definitely more important that you curve out at the beginning. Like you used to be able to pick five or six 2-drops and then you just went with solid cards for the rest. Now I'm looking for the 3 and 4 slots to be the same. AOE is also more important than ever, I would never skip out on AOE these days. Not even for a yeti.

I end up with 4 drops, but I don't ever need to pick only so-so 4 drops anymore. Mechanical Yeti means you get more opportunities to pick only top-tier 4s, and they're less valuable now anyway. If you're playing Mage, for example, it's often really easy to get 3-5 four mana minions that are all either Water Elementals or Yetis or DI Dwarfs, plus Fireball and Polymorph are still really valuable and can crowd out the slot (I'm not 100% on DI Dwarfs anymore what with Bomb Lobber). Early on I'd probably take a Faerie Dragon over anything but a Water Elemental.

Keasar

"Worthy Opponent" feels like a cruel joke often.

These are people who play the game 8 hours a day or something, not within miles of my crappy caliber.

Edit: a Priest took my Kel'Thusad, the one card I could finally play and maybe turn the match around a little....

When I do Warlock arena I get all the implosions I can.

But seriously yeah I notice that I cap out at 5 arena wins because...fuck this new meta. I want my damn King Krush 24/7

fuck all other android emulators www.amiduos.com is the real deal, i just used it to finally used my amazon coins to buy naxramass and a bunch of packs. The catch is that it only works on Intel processors machines but man does it work well and fast. You don't even need to install google play on it since it has by default the amazon app.
Damn it, I only have an amd based pc :-/
What would be my best bet?

Mixed2k

For all the shit hunters and zoo get, I must say I just tried aggro mech mage and it is just as disgusting, if not even more. Mechwarper and goblin blastmages are the mvps of the deck, so so so strong.
It seems that mages are now my class to quickly do quests.

This is a great thing for the game IMO, another CHEAP deck that is as strong as the ones filled with legendaries.

Kettch

My only bad match-up with control Paladin is Handlock, but that's to be expected. Handlock excels against classes with no burst, like Priest. Doesn't help that I mulligan for zoo as well. Even with a Big Game I think I'm like 1-5 or something.

Control warrior is actually what I see the most, and they're pretty easy. The matches aren't blowouts, but I just have answers to everything and they don't. Just need an Owl or Truesilver to answer their inevitable turn 3 Acolyte and it's smooth sailing.

ViviOggi

"Worthy Opponent" feels like a cruel joke often.

These are people who play the game 8 hours a day or something, not within miles of my crappy caliber.

Edit: a Priest took my Kel'Thusad, the one card I could finally play and maybe turn the match around a little....
I mean if your first significant threat against a Control Priest is KT on turn 10+ a Mind Control is to be expected. That's pretty basic stuff, still you only learn these things by playing.

jblank83

I get very angry when arena doesn't give me quality 2/3 drops. You can't win without them now. If I don't have at least 15 solid 2/3 drops, no matter how many Dark Iron Dwarfs or Stormwind Champions I have, I'll go 2 wins 3 losses or worse.

Everything is face aggro. I'm shocked when anyone even bothers with advantageous board trades.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Maybe I should try curving lower in Arena then because I've gotten horrible streaks lately. Like, 1-3 tier the last two I did. :|

Maybe I should try curving lower in Arena then because I've gotten horrible streaks lately. Like, 1-3 tier the last two I did. :|

I personally think the midgame is way more important than curving well every match. I've lost way more games where I curve out well at the start into a bad mid/late game than I've won curving out well at the start.

I suggest at least 4x 2 drops though. 3 drops are often very good class cards. 4 drops is where the most value is at. 5 and beyond is where you win games.

Definitely depends on your class and what cards you draft early though.

Volimar

Do you ever end up with an Arena draft that makes you just want to retire right off the bat?

God, this is awful.

1-3

The card pool is so large that the likelihood getting a stinky draft is increased.

inky

How do you get the Amazon coins? Haven't messed with the Amazon app store since it first came out.

I got most if not all for free with a promo some months back. Basically, there were free apps on the amazon appstore that gave you coins when you "purchased" them iirc. You can buy coin packs (used to purchase apps or sometimes IAPs) or some apps give you a percentage of their value in coins when purchased as well.

Right now if you buy the biggest GvG cards bundle ($50 I think) through the Hearthstone app (must be downloaded through Amazon's Appstore app first) it gives you 2500 coins back, which can be used to get almost another 20 packs for "free". Other card pack bundles might have a different amount of coins back, but I didn't check.

Minsc

Gold Member
Damn it, I only have an amd based pc :-/
What would be my best bet?

The one I posted earlier is free and works on AMD as well as Intel. Granted, do your research before using it, but I certainly wouldn't spend $10 on an android emulator to get a free pack lol.

Here's the thing, when I play Arena, a 4-drop in my starting hand just feels like a wasted card half the time. By the 4th turn, it's not uncommon for the game to be almost done, in the sense I don't have any AoE, and nothing, not even a Sludge Belcher, gets me the board back (they just have the perfect answer to any play).

I get very angry when arena doesn't give me quality 2/3 drops. You can't win without them now. If I don't have at least 15 solid 2/3 drops, no matter how many Dark Iron Dwarfs or Stormwind Champions I have, I'll go 2 wins 3 losses or worse.

Everything is face aggro. I'm shocked when anyone even bothers with advantageous board trades.

Yup, this.

I got most if not all for free with a promo some months back. Basically, there were free apps on the amazon appstore that gave you coins when you "purchased" them iirc. You can buy coin packs (used to purchase apps or sometimes IAPs) or some apps give you a percentage of their value in coins when purchased as well.

Right now if you buy the biggest GvG cards bundle ($50 I think) through the Hearthstone app (must be downloaded through Amazon's Appstore app first) it gives you 2500 coins back, which can be used to get almost another 20 packs for "free". Other card pack bundles might have a different amount of coins back, but I didn't check.

That's super tempting. I've already spent a bunch of money though and already have all the commons and most of the rares. Still missing nearly all the legendaries and most of the epics. I'll have to think about it. Thanks for the info though.

Slashlen

I did this yesterday and I got 1k back for spending 2k, but did not get anything for spending 1k. I think it's 50% back on purchases of 2k or more.

luoapp

I just tried Amiduos, but somehow hearthstone connected to my google play account, therefore no amazon coin payment option. I installed it through the default amazon appstore. From what I read from reddit, it seems you need to uninstall google play first? Can you share how you did it?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just tried Amiduos, but somehow hearthstone connected to my google play account, therefore no amazon coin payment option. I installed it through the default amazon appstore. From what I read from reddit, it seems you need to uninstall google play first? Can you share how you did it?

I started Amiduos and i installed hearthstone trough the amazon app, i didn't install or uninstall anything else. Beforehand i removed my payment method from battle.net so that there wouldn't be any mixups. Then when i ran hearthstone in Amiduos and tried to buy a pack with real money the amazon app took over and i was able to use my amazon coins.

Woot!

Third ever 12-win arena!

C44DjwUl.png

The deck...
jlZEnanl.png

...and the goods.

40VYQiMl.png

That's actually one of the few classic epics I don't have so it wasn't too bad of a loot.

Fire eles for daaaays. 0_0

luoapp

I started Amiduos and i installed hearthstone trough the amazon app, i didn't install or uninstall anything else. Beforehand i removed my payment method from battle.net so that there wouldn't be any mixups. Then when i ran hearthstone in Amiduos and tried to buy a pack with real money the amazon app took over and i was able to use my amazon coins.

Thanks for the info. I don't have payment setup in bnet, but do have one linked in my google play account, and when I clicked the "i" button in the hearthstone store, it says "purchase are made using google payment", I just stopped there.

inky

LOL, I just opened the 25 saddest packs. 1 Epic, only 2 packs with double rares. FML.

I didn't realize how few commons there were in the new set either. I'm missing like 2 only now.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the info. I don't have payment setup in bnet, but do have one linked in my google play account, and when I clicked the "i" button in the hearthstone store, it says "purchase are made using google payment", I just stopped there.

You installed google play? I didn't so that's probably what's causing your problems, try to remove it or do a fresh install of Amiduos.

I used the amiduos program to install Hearthstone from the Amazon App store and finally put all those coins to good use. I had like 2,600 sitting there for months. I spent $21 to buy 2,500 more and then started buying packs. With a little over 5,000 coins, I was able to buy a 40 pack of gvg cards, a 15 pack of gvg cards, a 7 pack of classic cards, and 2 2 packs of classic cards for a total of 66 packs. After all that, I have nearly all of the gvg rares, all of the commons, a bunch of epics, and 4 legendaries. I also gained around 3,200 dust, so I'm looking to craft some of the better gvg cards. What are some of the better legendaries and epics to come from the new set? I already had Vol'jin and I pulled Dr. Boom, Sneed's Old Shredder, and Trade Prince Gallywix today.

Dude then just try to buy a bunch of packs with real money, the amazon app should take over from there.

Yeah, this. When you go to buy the packs, the Amazon App Store pops up and asks if you want to pay with money or use coins. It also shows you how many coins they give back on each purchase.

Szadek

I used the amiduos program to install Hearthstone from the Amazon App store and finally put all those coins to good use. I had like 2,600 sitting there for months. I spent $21 to buy 2,500 more and then started buying packs. With a little over 5,000 coins, I was able to buy a 40 pack of gvg cards, a 15 pack of gvg cards, a 7 pack of classic cards, and 2 2 packs of classic cards for a total of 66 packs. After all that, I have nearly all of the gvg rares, all of the commons, a bunch of epics, and 4 legendaries. I also gained around 3,200 dust, so I'm looking to craft some of the better gvg cards. What are some of the better legendaries and epics to come from the new set? I already had Vol'jin and I pulled Dr. Boom, Sneed's Old Shredder, and Trade Prince Gallywix today.
Looks like you already got most of the best legendaries,
Bolvar is pretty good I belive,so if you want to play paladin,which is not a bad idea at all,go for it.
Demon-locks play Malganis,but I have no idea how good that deck is.
Some decks are also playing Troggzor,so that's worth considering.

The paladin epics are good.
Recomboulator is awesome in priest and handlock.
Some rush decks play Enchance o Mechanx.
Piloted sky golem is pretty good,because he is more or less a mech cairne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom