• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

"Good job! Feel free to try another arena"

Lost with 1 win....

Fuck you dwarf. 150 gold down the drain, should just buy boosters for it and never go near the dmn thing.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Next time I see someone with a animated hero portrait and golden ability token, I'm conceding immediatly, not gonna touch that shit.

lol, they can be intimidating, but it felt so good to wreck one today, as long as you have a good hand, anything can happen.

Haunted

7 losses in a row and counting. Following guides. Trying pre-built decks. Everything I play gets wrecked anyway. Just had a match against a hunter that ended 30 - 0 to him. Didnt get a single hit in.
Cq0Fjw8.jpg

Szadek

7 losses in a row and counting. Following guides. Trying pre-built decks. Everything I play gets wrecked anyway. Just had a match against a hunter that ended 30 - 0 to him. Didnt get a single hit in.
Since the game has a spectator mode,maybe someone can watch you and give you advice.

Haunted

The added RNG has actually made watching tourneys more boring than it was. The complete opposite effect what Blizz wanted.
There haven't been any major tournaments since Blizzcon and Dreamhack. I'm sure the excitement comes back when the production is there and the stakes are higher than random weekly cup #49.

zoukka

There haven't been any major tournaments since Blizzcon and Dreamhack. I'm sure the excitement comes back when the production is there and the stakes are higher than random weekly cup #49.

It's just that the boards get filled with efficient deathrattles in every match and there's not much wiggleroom in the strategies. Yay a 4-drop that trades and summons a 2 drop that fights a 3-drop that summons a 1 drop... oh Dr Value and his random bomb bots! zzzzzzz

Haunted

It's just that the boards get filled with efficient deathrattles in every match and there's not much wiggleroom in the strategies. Yay a 4-drop that trades and summons a 2 drop that fights a 3-drop that summons a 1 drop... oh Dr Value and his random bomb bots! zzzzzzz
I see what you're saying. Since I haven't really followed the new pro decks (been on a blackout to make my own decks without influence, watching fun semi-pros like Trump and Day9 instead), I haven't really seen the upper echelon of play with the new meta.

But we're still in the wildly experimenting phase I think, it'll be a while before the meta settles down. It'll be interesting to see which decks and classes emerge after that, and hopefully still fun to watch as well.

Lomax

Well, the Amazon App Store thinks Hearthstone isn't compatible with my Nook HD+, but the Google Play Store installed it fine. When I ran it, they did give me a warning that my device was below the recommended requirements and might run slow, I wish more games would do that instead of just the binary "compatible/not compatible" check.

Takes a really long time to start up for the first time (and is a way bigger install than it really should be)... and it sat forever at the startup screen. But eventually it did get running. Everything definitely runs a bit slow, but the game part itself seems to move well enough to be playable.

Edit: Animated cards don't seem to show, and there's some text display glitches. But definitely playable.

I wonder what broken end game rogue can develop now that leeroy + auctioneer are nerfed.

I know weapons work, but I feel like I need an alternative in case I have to use weapons too much to control the game. I guess alexstrasza is still more or less viable, but I am thinking a southsea deckhand/faceless finisher might even be better assuming I can fit it in.

I'm also thinking Dr. Boom is probably decent in rogue. Has anyone tried him in it yet? I kind of want to avoid using ragnaros, but maybe including him and faceless + a charge minion would add more flexibility in my end game options.

Actually shadowstep seems like a pretty good option too since that helps against aggro due to getting multiple uses out of healbot or loatheb etc..

Haven't stepped into ranked matches yet, but I've been crushing casual matches with my mage control deck (got pretty lucky opening onyxia in my free pack) for dailies.

Started my first Arena last night. 2-0 so far.

The old days of competitive MTG translate nicely.

Well, the Amazon App Store thinks Hearthstone isn't compatible with my Nook HD+, but the Google Play Store installed it fine. When I ran it, they did give me a warning that my device was below the recommended requirements and might run slow, I wish more games would do that instead of just the binary "compatible/not compatible" check.

Takes a really long time to start up for the first time (and is a way bigger install than it really should be)... and it sat forever at the startup screen. But eventually it did get running. Everything definitely runs a bit slow, but the game part itself seems to move well enough to be playable.

Edit: Animated cards don't seem to show, and there's some text display glitches. But definitely playable.

Exact same issues here, on a Nook HD+. It's playable but with glitches like you said. Cool that it works though.

mjc

Stupid question, but if I load up my iTunes account from a gift card, I should be able to run arenas off my gift balance and not my credit card right? (I'm on iPad)

I think zoo hurts the game as much as it helps. The positives are it is easy to make and learn. The negatives is that it is very difficult for new players to beat.

That said, the soulfire nerf wasn't all smoke and mirrors imo. Zoo is still viable but there were so many situations where you could pull far ahead from a soulfire with 0 mana. There were many times I can recall where I would get some advantage to have it smitten away for 0 mana. The card advantage was negligible most of the time as well.

Keasar

Well, that happened. Tried another Arena run due to a friend saying "just keep trying! You will learn!"

Run ended with 0 wins, 3 losses straight where I barely poked my opponents.

For all the cheery attitude in a game, I think this is most horrible feeling worthlessness I have felt in a long time.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So Trade Prince Gallywix skills activates when you play a secret, i wish i fucking knew that before hand because i got rekt because of it, damn.

Ashodin

Well, that happened. Tried another Arena run due to a friend saying "just keep trying! You will learn!"

Run ended with 0 wins, 3 losses straight where I barely poked my opponents.

For all the cheery attitude in a game, I think this is most horrible feeling worthlessness I have felt in a long time.

Can I have your battletag? Let's go. I'll shadow you.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So Trade Prince Gallywix skills activates when you play a secret, i wish i fucking knew that before hand because i got rekt because of it, damn.

A secret is a spell. So a secret will trigger any ability that works based off of spells, like Mana Wyrm or Troggs.

ZealousD

Hahaha mech shaman can be fun. I had a Whirling Zap-o-Matic buffed to a 5/4 because of the Powermace (Same stats as Dunemaul Shaman without the drawback or overload), then I gave it Double Rockbiter. 22 damage.

WeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeEeEEEEE.

So if you drop a Troggzor into a mirror entity, you'd get the 3/5 guy right away? Never really thought about that.

No, a secret only triggers abilities that work off spells whenever it is played. So if an opposing Troggzor is on the board and you play mirror entity, then your opponent gets the 3/5.

JesseZao

Been playing around with a Hobgoblin 1-Atk Zoo Deck.

Going second with Hobgoblin in hand is a huge boost in win-rate. Hobgoblin -> Coin into Voidwalker is incredible.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
A secret is a spell. So a secret will trigger any ability that works based off of spells, like Mana Wyrm or Troggs.

Makes sense that a secret would be considered a spell but man i wish i knew that earlier.......also i'm debating whether to buy the 5000 amazon coins promo or get the metal gear legacy pack, i'm leaning slightly towards more packs.

TomServo

Hunter plays feign death with a Malorn on his board (who hadn't attacked yet). It pulled the minion and shuffled it back into his deck. Easily cost him the game.

"Sorry that happened."

ZealousD

I kinda feel like Soot Spewer should be a 4/3 or a 3/4. Its stats are pretty much in line with neutral minions (subpar neutrals at that) even though it's a class card. I can only guess the reason that it isn't is because it just proved to be too strong in Mech Mage with 7 stats. Now I don't think anybody is going to run the card, kind of a shame.

Hunter plays feign death with a Malorn on his board (who hadn't attacked yet). It pulled the minion and shuffled it back into his deck. Easily cost him the game.

"Sorry that happened."

Oh god. That's one of those things you might not guess would happen until it happens.

JoeMartin

Mech aggro rogue is ridiculous.

Muligan into mechwarper, mechwarper, iron sensei.

Turn one: pass, draw other sensei.

Turn two: I drop mechwarper, he frostbolts my face for some reason. Draw micromachine.

Turn three: Draw other micromachine, drop the other mechwarper, both iron senseis and both micromachines. Both iron senseis go off on the same warper. He concedes.

Phenomenally lucky, but still absurd that its possible at turn 3.

I kinda feel like Soot Spewer should be a 4/3 or a 3/4. Its stats are pretty much in line with neutral minions (subpar neutrals at that) even though it's a class card. I can only guess the reason that it isn't is because it just proved to be too strong in Mech Mage with 7 stats. Now I don't think anybody is going to run the card, kind of a shame.

Oh god. That's one of those things you might not guess would happen until it happens.

the 3/3 for 3cc with spell power... compare that to neutrals in the 3 slot. There is only dalaran mage which has 5 stats.

Plus the mech is a mech.

Even ogre magi is just a plain neutral.

I'm actually thinking about soot spewer because it is a good low cost spell power minion. 3/3 is fine for a 3cc, unlike kobold geomancer which is merely a 2/2 for 2cc which is not fine for 2cc (oddly enough).

I'd imagine it isn't ran in aggro decks because there is more emphasis on getting the blastmage out on turn 4 with a mech on board and harvest golem is better at surviving. But soot spewer can set up strong combos even on turn 5 where you can really benefit from a 2 damage arcane explosion or 4/5 damage removal like frost nova or the flamecannon.

I'm thinking along the lines of a midrange or burn deck. I'd still run goblin blastmage, but less emphasis on spamming the board, more ability to control with spells like arcane explosion to free up the face damage spells for lethal. Just been thinking about this since I got one today. Not fully realized idea yet.

Mech aggro rogue is ridiculous.

Muligan into mechwarper, mechwarper, iron sensei.

Turn one: pass, draw other sensei.

Turn two: I drop mechwarper, he frostbolts my face for some reason. Draw micromachine.

Turn three: Draw other micromachine, drop the other mechwarper, both iron senseis and both micromachines. Both iron senseis go off on the same warper. He concedes.

Phenomenally lucky, but still absurd that its possible at turn 3.

The mech spam decks do really work out when you get mechwarper. I crushed a rogue with a shaman deck doing dailies, then queued into him again and he got a double mechwarper opening... even with a board clear I was already down to like 10hp by turn 5. That said, they are easily the least inspired and least interesting decks in the expansion and almost wholly rely on the same set of neutrals and strategy with a slight twist to each one.

edit:
Speaking of... mage is the new class I hate going first against... they always seem to coin out chugga or mechwapers... and I already hate it :)

Xanathus

The mech spam decks do really work out when you get mechwarper. I crushed a rogue with a shaman deck doing dailies, then queued into him again and he got a double mechwarper opening... even with a board clear I was already down to like 10hp by turn 5. That said, they are easily the least inspired and least interesting decks in the expansion and almost wholly rely on the same set of neutrals and strategy with a slight twist to each one.

Yeah I highly dislike the mech decks and mech synergies introduced with GvG because they feel really arena-ish where all you're doing is just throwing out minions and relying on what you draw rather than any kind of overall game strategy. They really fucked things up by nerfing Auctioneer.

TheChaos0

That's OK, I've decided to do a bit of constructed today. I lost 12 games in a row. :)

I don't have enough cards to make control Warrior work, so I've made a bit more aggressive Warrior. While I lost lots of games in the begining, all of the games were super close. I was just missing that 1 more hit, just 4 more hp, please don't top deck your perfect card, etc. Maybe if I had Grom, I would have won all of the games... alas. I did craft Sylvanas, which was err OK. I think she only managed to steal a minion twice in 20+ I've played. One of those times was when a Rogue traded his Sylvanas with mine.

And you know all of those games? Not a single winning streak bonus! Take that!

Well I'm back to where I've started, glorious rank 15. Of course, even on that level everyone has enough legendaries to make me cry.

ZealousD

the 3/3 for 3cc with spell power... compare that to neutrals in the 3 slot. There is only dalaran mage which has 5 stats.

Well Dalaran Mage is freaking awful and I kinda think it should be a 2/4 but I guess people thought that was too strong in the beta or something? Considering we have cards like Spider Tank now I'm not even sure if that applies anymore. Really when you see Kobold Geomancer as a 2/2 for 2 mana and Ogre Magi a 4/4 for 4 mana than a neutral 3/3 for 3 mana seems about right. But Soot Spewer is a class card, not a neutral. So it should be slightly stronger than that imo. A 3/4 might be overpowered but I think a 4/3 might work? But maybe Blizzard knows better than I. Soot Spewer just seems too niche at the moment, it would have to be in some weird spellpower mage deck, because it's a little too weak on its own to fit into Mech Mage. Spider Tank, Harvest Golem, and Tinkertown Technician are all better at the 3 slot so it just gets pushed out.

So I'm not sure what is worse... ragnaros or dr. boom. In terms of RNG I mean. Every time it seems like a bomb hits for 4 health on a 4 hp minion.

Every time ragnaros seems to snipe gallywix.

Control warrior totally needed another strong high cost legendary too....

The Adder

Banned
So, I've got enough dust for a legendary and it's down to Illidan Stormfrage, Sylvanas Windrunner, or Dr. Boom.

I know Illidan is the worst one, but I wanted opinions on how useful he is in a demon deck. I have one that I have a lot of fun playing and if he's good in it I'll take him despite being a worse card than the others.

Otherwise it's down to Sylvanas or Doctor Boom and I'm leaning towards the doc. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom