• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floating watcher is to damn strong for arena. With the lack of removals it's almost impossible to get rid of.

edit: It should only have it's atk boosted, it's health boost is what makes it to much.

Yeah, it's definitely on my top 5 list of cards that are going to get nerfed. Hold on to your dupes for extra dust.

Yeah, it's definitely on my top 5 list of cards that are going to get nerfed. Hold on to your dupes for extra dust.

It might be too strong for arena, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a nerf based on that. I don't even think it is too strong for arena, and there would be many cards ahead of it on that list if they ever consider it.

It is only a 4/4 for 5 after all. It can only be buffed on your turn so short of explosive trap or the lock having a weapon from blingtron and smashing face into a minion, you're going to be spending at least 1 extra card (like flame imp) or hero power to make it worth while. For at least 6/7 mana just to get a 6/6. Granted, buffing it twice in a single turn is the dream to make it an 8/8.

In constructed it seems alright. I haven't seen people use it since the old handlock is still favored. I seriously doubt they'll nerf it based on its performance in constructed so far.

i actually think it's kinda bad. you can't really play it on curve.

it's good in arena for the same reason a lot of cards are good in arena: if your opponent doesn't have an answer it just snowballs out of control.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Cards will never be nerfed based on their performance in arena. And certainly not a Warlock card, when Warlock is still extremely weak in Arena. Floating Watcher is pretty horrible on curve anyway, it has to be played on Turn 7 and even then it's kinda like a Frostwolf Warlord unless it survives a turn.

Demonlock still struggles because Handlock and Zoo are still so much better. Like Voidcaller is probably straight up OP but it requires 6 high-powered demons or more in order to really work, and any demonlock deck still can't compete with handlock, because the huge twilight drakes and giants are stronger than the demons.

Cards will never be nerfed based on their performance in arena. And certainly not a Warlock card, when Warlock is still extremely weak in Arena. Floating Watcher is pretty horrible on curve anyway, it has to be played on Turn 7 and even then it's kinda like a Frostwolf Warlord unless it survives a turn.

Demonlock still struggles because Handlock and Zoo are still so much better. Like Voidcaller is probably straight up OP but it requires 6 high-powered demons or more in order to really work, and any demonlock deck still can't compete with handlock, because the huge twilight drakes and giants are stronger than the demons.

At first I thought voidcaller was OP. But if your hand has answers to whatever they throw down, its really just average if you play it right.

If you can somewhat control when it pops due to cards like sludge belcher, its hard for them to get a lot of value out of the summoned demon.

Voidcaller has its moments though. I've played with it a bit and getting a doomguard on your turn, and then faceless on it... that is very powerful.

it's hard to build a deck around voidcaller because there are only two of them. really need another card with a similar effect. a lot of the demons with good stats have a downside when you play them so if you never draw your voidcaller you're just playing a really shitty zoo deck.

ZealousD

The way I see it is, Voidcaller is OP, but the cards that take advantage of it are only average on their own. So while Voidcaller is OP, your deck is is weaker overall. Doom Guard is really strong in zoo but demonlock doesn't aggressively push for an empty hand like zoo does, so it's weaker in demonlock. The only other pulls you may want are Jaraxxssus or Malganis I guess. Dread Infernal is okay, but there are better 6 drops.

Weird, I just won a consecutive game and didn't earn a bonus star :(

I was disappointed because it was vs aggro mage and I am have particular difficulty staying ahead of their burn mid game.

it's hard to build a deck around voidcaller because there are only two of them. really need another card with a similar effect. a lot of the demons with good stats have a downside when you play them so if you never draw your voidcaller you're just playing a really shitty zoo deck.

I think voidcaller in the right deck is not a zoo deck. It is either a midrange or control.

The demonlock deck I played pre-gvg was actually quite good. Just not as good as handlock, plus I didn't care enough for it (still don't own jaraxxus to make it complete as well). Malganis is a neat addition to the deck archetype but I haven't tried it out yet.

Also, cutting soulfire is gonna make its end game more consistent. Dark bomb will be good enough.

ZealousD

I think voidcaller in the right deck is not a zoo deck. It is either a midrange or control.

Control Warlock will never be a thing. The hero power doesn't give you any power in a long game, and that's the strongest thing about warlock. Even Handlock is more of a high-powered midrange deck than anything. It puts out large threats faster than any control deck can.

good old 1-3 arena run

ouwJr3s.jpg

I wonder if there is any solution to what I see as the round 1 arena problem of facing any deck possible. I am sure they have some way of measuring deck quality and it would be nice to see so better pairing in arena so decks could compete on their relative quality rather than on your overall wins on a run.

I should add at least for say the first 3 games/wins... then maybe open onto the playing field.

ZealousD

What the FUCK is Mind Control Tech doing in a Handlock deck??

Rassafracking mfer gash dang dagnabbit....

Lyng

Mage is the new braindead class.
And Goblin Blastmage has no business being as strong as it fucking is. Jesus.

Mage and ofc hunter which is still stupid as ever. Hunter litterally requires zero brains to play. Toss out whatever you have and go for face. And just hope your opponent isnt able to stall you quick enough. Which will be 90% of the time due to how fucking ridiculous Undertaker is.

Xanathus

Just had the dream Mech arena game.
2: Coin > Mechwarper > Micro Machine
3: Mechanical Yeti
4: Unbound Elemental
5: Piloted Sky Golem
6: Fire Elemental
7: (Potentially) Force-Tank MAX but I already won

johnsmith

remember me
Damn it. I'm farming for gold druid, and got to rank 8 bc I kept winning and forgetting to concede. It's still easy, but I actually lose once in a while.

Maybe i'm getting lucky. But mech druid win rate vs zoo is ridiculous. Like control priest levels. 80% plus.

manhack

Damn it. I'm farming for gold druid, and got to rank 8 bc I kept winning and forgetting to concede. It's still easy, but I actually lose once in a while.

Maybe i'm getting lucky. But mech druid win rate vs zoo is ridiculous. Like control priest levels. 80% plus.

Decided to try a mech Druid for something different. Suddenly I am only matched against mech Druids. WTF

I've yet to read of a card that counters Boom, even BGH leaves a mess behind. Unlike Sylvanas who is easily countered (unless you kill her on the same turn you play her), as silence doesn't work on Dr. Boom.

You can activate Sylvanas without killing her, which is where the fun is.

But even if it gets silenced, that still is a target that you "must" silence. I think people often miss that when they think of cards that are easily countered. Sure you can take them out of your deck, but that just means something else is getting the business done to it, and it probably doesn't have a 5/5 body.

Countering Dr Boom? Yeah I don't know with the current decks. You just see it too much that there has to be a shift to counter, even if people start running mind control tech + BGH or flame leviathan.

Mage is the new braindead class.
And Goblin Blastmage has no business being as strong as it fucking is. Jesus.

We are still in that happy period where everybody is playing Mage, but lots of people have no idea how to play the deck properly so you can still win most of the time.

It won't take long until it is like the people playing Hunter who play terribly and win anyway :(

Xanathus

I have the same problem, I want to farm my golden portraits but it just feels bad to instaconcede so I just do my dailies and whoops I'm rank 1-5 at the end of the season and now I get to start the next one at a high rank again so I don't get a chance to face newbies.

BashNasty

I have the same problem, I want to farm my golden portraits but it just feels bad to instaconcede so I just do my dailies and whoops I'm rank 1-5 at the end of the season and now I get to start the next one at a high rank again so I don't get a chance to face newbies.

What on earth is the point of farming a golden portrait? It seems like a lot of mind-numbing work for no reward. I actually respect people with golden portraits significantly less, I think it's silly that they either stifiled themselves by playing only one class, or went crazy and decided to farm.

Xanathus

What on earth is the point of farming a golden portrait? It seems like a lot of mind-numbing work for no reward. I actually respect people with golden portraits significantly less, I think it's silly that they either stifiled themselves by playing only one class, or went crazy and decided to farm.

Because that's the only other tangible reward from playing ranked after you've gotten legendary.

Minsc

Gold Member

I don't know how accurate it is to say it's silly people only play one class if they have a golden portrait. I mostly play Shaman because it was the class I felt I had the strongest cards in from when I started, but I play everything except Warrior and Paladin mainly, as I'm missing the class legendaries for those two.

Still, I have 300+ ranked wins on my Shaman, and I only play at most a couple of ranked games a day. It's inevitable that in another 6-12 months (or a little longer), basically everyone will have golden portraits without even trying for them, because even I will have them and I don't play all that much.

People stick to a couple classes because they tend to have the best set of epic/legendaries for a couple classes I think, and the golden portraits just come on their own naturally.

Quixzlizx

If I stopped playing right before Naxx came out, what's the most efficient way for me to get caught up? I'm guessing doing all of Naxx is worth it for the cards? Are there any good summaries of the new cards and how they've affected the meta so far?

If I stopped playing right before Naxx came out, what's the most efficient way for me to get caught up? I'm guessing doing all of Naxx is worth it for the cards? Are there any good summaries of the new cards and how they've affected the meta so far?

Yeah, I'd go through Naxx since you're guaranteed to get cards that are used quite a bit across many decks even after GVG (Sludge Belcher, Undertaker, Loatheb, Mad Scientist, etc).

Bizazedo

I love this demon deck so much. Getting my opponent to summon Mal'Ganis for me has been surprisingly easy.

It's almost scary how easy it is. It actually saved me in a game versus a Zoo deck as Mal'Ganis popped out when I had 1 life left.

Demonheart later and I had won.

I don't know how accurate it is to say it's silly people only play one class if they have a golden portrait. I mostly play Shaman because it was the class I felt I had the strongest cards in from when I started, but I play everything except Warrior and Paladin mainly, as I'm missing the class legendaries for those two.

Still, I have 300+ ranked wins on my Shaman, and I only play at most a couple of ranked games a day. It's inevitable that in another 6-12 months (or a little longer), basically everyone will have golden portraits without even trying for them, because even I will have them and I don't play all that much.

People stick to a couple classes because they tend to have the best set of epic/legendaries for a couple classes I think, and the golden portraits just come on their own naturally.

322 wins on my Pally, I think I might reach 400 before the end of the year, and then next year I'll have my beautiful golden recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom