• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've got enough dust for a legendary and it's down to Illidan Stormfrage, Sylvanas Windrunner, or Dr. Boom.

I know Illidan is the worst one, but I wanted opinions on how useful he is in a demon deck. I have one that I have a lot of fun playing and if he's good in it I'll take him despite being a worse card than the others.

Otherwise it's down to Sylvanas or Doctor Boom and I'm leaning towards the doc. Thoughts?

I'd go Sylvanas. Just too much fun, especially in a re-incarnate Shaman or feign death Hunter deck. I get the feeling Dr Boom will end up dropping out of decks as people introduce cards to counter it.

Mill druid looks funny as hell, but I imagine it has a lot of flaws.

Anything aggro destroys it.

So, I've got enough dust for a legendary and it's down to Illidan Stormfrage, Sylvanas Windrunner, or Dr. Boom.

I know Illidan is the worst one, but I wanted opinions on how useful he is in a demon deck. I have one that I have a lot of fun playing and if he's good in it I'll take him despite being a worse card than the others.

Otherwise it's down to Sylvanas or Doctor Boom and I'm leaning towards the doc. Thoughts?

I have Illidan he isn't good. Most of the time he wont survive 1 turn so playing him at 6 s usually a bad idea. Sylvannas is nice it makes most opponents do inefficient trades . DR boom is best IMO you have a 9/9 for 7 mana plus silence is useless against him unlike Sylvannas.

drafted what I felt like was a really good druid deck, run into a warlock who has almost a perfect zoo draft and lose to him on turn 6. Win 3 more, lose a close game to a rogue, and then I run into that Warlock AGAIN and lose on turn 5.

FML. I can't believe I got under 5 wins with a deck that had two innervates

zoukka

I am lolling my way in the handlock meta with a mill rogue! "Sorry about that".

Also Piloted Shredder is bad card design and makes HS ten times worse of a game.

Dr. Boom, they'll nerf it and you'll get your dust back

Kappa.gif

They'll never nerf it. Blizzard has no problems with too strong legendaries and too much value in one card in general. What they don't want is combos and efficient, fat, value legendaries are the opposite of that.

Minsc

Gold Member
I'd go Sylvanas. Just too much fun, especially in a re-incarnate Shaman or feign death Hunter deck. I get the feeling Dr Boom will end up dropping out of decks as people introduce cards to counter it.

I've yet to read of a card that counters Boom, even BGH leaves a mess behind. Unlike Sylvanas who is easily countered (unless you kill her on the same turn you play her), as silence doesn't work on Dr. Boom.

Edit: Infact, one of my experiences with Dr. Boom was I had Sylvanas on the board, they played Dr. Boom in to it! I ran Sylvanas in to Dr Boom, and Dr Boom came to my side, but the damn bomb cleared the 7/2 Boom, and the other bomb cleared another minion of mine, like a damaged yeti or something. Ridiculous value.

Dreavus

I am lolling my way in the handlock meta with a mill rogue! "Sorry about that".

Also Piloted Shredder is bad card design and makes HS ten times worse of a game.

They'll never nerf it. Blizzard has no problems with too strong legendaries and too much value in one card in general. What they don't want is combos and efficient, fat, value legendaries are the opposite of that.

Have they talked about that anywhere specific? Do they think that combos are "unfun" for the defender or something like that? (just guessing)

I know they don't like the singular big turns for some reason.

zoukka

Have they talked about that anywhere specific? Do they think that combos are "unfun" for the defender or something like that? (just guessing)

I know they don't like the singular big turns for some reason.

My guess is that there are way too many babies crying if the opponent "bends the rules" with weird combos like milling, shadowstepping etc. HS is surely becoming just a playground for super efficient minions bashing into each other and exploding into random effects!

ViviOggi

My guess is that there are way too many babies crying if the opponent "bends the rules" with weird combos like milling, shadowstepping etc. HS is surely becoming just a playground for super efficient minions bashing into each other and exploding into random effects!
They basically consider everything that isn't minions fighting non-interactive.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think I just played ZealousD in arena just now. He had 5-6 Water Eles, hahaha.

Yep. 6 of them. lol. I went 10 wins with the deck. Lost final match to a mage that had like 3 fireballs and 3 flamestrikes.

Did I beat you? Sorry I don't pay attention to names when I'm playing really. =X

Oe61C3I.jpg

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yep. 6 of them. lol. I went 10 wins with the deck. Lost final match to a mage that had like 3 fireballs and 3 flamestrikes.

Did I beat you? Sorry I don't pay attention to names when I'm playing really. =X
Yeah, it was my first game. I was a Shaman. It came down to topdecking, but you threw down like 3 Water Eles turn after turn. The 1-2 trades for me were brutal. Scumbag draft, haha!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, it was my first game. I was a Shaman. It came down to topdecking, but you threw down like 3 Water Eles turn after turn. The 1-2 trades for me were brutal. Scumbag draft, haha!

Oh yeah, was that the game where it got down to like 6 or 7 cards in our decks? Long game?

My draft was so weird, like I had three 2 drops in my first four cards and then a bunch of 4s, I was 15 cards in my draft and all I had were 2s and 4s, lol. I was begging for solid 3s.

inky

Druids are just throwing out every taunt they have and stalling for force/roar. So pretty much unchanged then. :p

I don't even play combo, so that's why I was hoping for something new =(

Fang is not powerful enough to do a beast deck around it, Mech Druid is lacking and stall/mill Druid is a gimmicky deck that doesn't fit or beat the meta... there's just not much there other than what there was. Even Pally has seen new light despite it's bad Legendary, which might not even be terrible after all. They got plenty of other solid cards.

Lyng

Miracle wasn't cancer. Noobs just couldn't play it themselves :)

Miracle didn't work in Hearthstone. The lack of interrupts in the game made Miracle too easy to pull off.
Also Hearthstone is a simple card game, just like wow and heroes it's meant to be fun for casuals. The idea of Miracle goes against that.
If you expect a game with pure skill in mind you should really look somewhere else.
Warhammer 40k Conquest, Netrunner or MtG come to mind.

Miracle very much did work in hearthstone. The same lack of interrupt argument you can make for miracle works for aggro. I wouldn't mind interrupting their turn and stopping them from playing an innervate or mechwarper or undertaker. You can have games where by the time you can do anything, you've already lost.

The problem they saw with auctioneer is that it was just too good of a card draw engine.

Plus miracle rogue hasn't always relied upon auctioneer. Early miracle rogue used novice engineer and shadowstep to draw a bunch of cards while pumping questing adventurer and van cleef. Auctioneer popularity in miracle rogue came after a lot of rogue cards were changed.

Just had something really weird happen. Probably lagged out since I'm pretty my net here is terrible, but it's never happened like this before.

Right after my turn it looked like my opponent wasn't going to play anything, just kept going over cards until one was floating like he was going to play it. Then he played Loatheb and right after that, my next turn just ended abruptly and he moved to his next turn. Like I said, it was probably from bag lag, but I've never seen it like that before. Normally I get the pop up or HearthStone just closes.

Anyone else experience that before?

Just had something really weird happen. Probably lagged out since I'm pretty my net here is terrible, but it's never happened like this before.

Right after my turn it looked like my opponent wasn't going to play anything, just kept going over cards until one was floating like he was going to play it. Then he played Loatheb and right after that, my next turn just ended abruptly and he moved to his next turn. Like I said, it was probably from bag lag, but I've never seen it like that before. Normally I get the pop up or HearthStone just closes.

Anyone else experience that before?

I've seen people say they've had experiences like this before. Just a weird desync most likely.

The deck tracker app I use (hearthstone deck tracker) has a turn timer display. I try to use that to gauge whether a turn has extended over 90 seconds or not, if things seem off. I think sometimes people actually try to replicate the hovering card bug to make you think a dc has happened. That, or the hovering card bug actually has happened but then fixed itself. One time my portrait hovered for like 10 seconds before attacking... that was odd.

johnsmith

remember me
Druid is fine. Mech warper + innervate is silly. Full board savage roars by turn 5. Thinking about adding more card draw because I'm emptying my hand way too fast.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Oh yeah, was that the game where it got down to like 6 or 7 cards in our decks? Long game?

My draft was so weird, like I had three 2 drops in my first four cards and then a bunch of 4s, I was 15 cards in my draft and all I had were 2s and 4s, lol. I was begging for solid 3s.
Yup! My draft started pretty solid with 2x crackle and 2x hex. Then too many lackluster minions. I kept having to choose between loads of secret related minions.

Lyng

Anything is fine as long as Druid stays dead :b I'd rather play any cancer than braindead ramp druid decks.

You just hate the class. Doesnt mean every druid is brain dead. And its most certainly no more brain dead then any other class. The closes to shut your brain off while playing is hunter rush.

Lyng

Miracle very much did work in hearthstone. The same lack of interrupt argument you can make for miracle works for aggro. .

Indeed. But rush "feels" faster. In truth its exactly the same lack of options on your opponents turn, but it "feels" different.
I personally dont mind miracle. I quiet like playing it. It was very easy to pilot and combo play is allways fun. But it annoyed the main target for Hearthstone, which is people who want "fun" in their games. RnG stone :)
And as long as you take the game for what it is, then its enjoyable.

zoukka

You just hate the class. Doesnt mean every druid is brain dead. And its most certainly no more brain dead then any other class. The closes to shut your brain off while playing is hunter rush.

I like many of the druid cards, but ramp druid is just too simple and some of the cards are ridiculous (Ancient of Lore).

I'm okay with ramp. I just don't like that ramp has access to FON+SR. Savage roar should be 4 mana. The combo is just too accessible in ramp, especially with being able to innervate it out, you can potentially die on turn 6 to a 9 mana combo with nothing on the board.

Lyng

I'm okay with ramp. I just don't like that ramp has access to FON+SR. Savage roar should be 4 mana. The combo is just too accessible in ramp, especially with being able to innervate it out, you can potentially die on turn 6 to a 9 mana combo with nothing on the board.

I agree. I like druid. I play it like I would play green in old school MTG. Control with big dudes. The combo turns druid into a different beast. Any shape or form of out of the blue death combos is stupid.

Raxus

I'd like to note ramp requires some board presence in order to even the play the miracle which (at worst) does 14 damage. There were much much much worse combos in the game where players could easily do 20 damage with as much mana.

inky

I'd like to note ramp requires some board presence in order to even the play the miracle which (at worst) does 14 damage. There were much much much worse combos in the game where players could easily do 20 damage with as much mana.

Remember 0 mana charge? LOL

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sad part is the old charge combo was worse than the current charge combo. It's just that Warrior was such an underdeveloped class back then, strategically speaking, and lacked certain cards from Naxx/GvG.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

I had a dude at 1 health but i lost because i was dumb enough not to drop a spider tank in an earlier turn, if i had that minion i could have delivered the finishing strike......damn i feel disgusted at myself.

Sad part is the old charge combo was worse than the current charge combo. It's just that Warrior was such an underdeveloped class back then, strategically speaking, and lacked certain cards from Naxx/GvG.

Control warrior was strong even back then. They've only gotten stronger though due to cards like sludge belcher making it super reliable to get to late game if you have half a brain.

Floating watcher is to damn strong for arena. With the lack of removals it's almost impossible to get rid of.

edit: It should only have it's atk boosted, it's health boost is what makes it to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom