• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Seems so, also, I have noticed that it seems to go extremely well when playing Warlock. His spells are just all round too awesome no matter the situation.

Edit: nope, nevermind, back to rng.

Edit 2: and another wasted 150 gold on a 1-3 lost arena.

Arena is not for winning, but for learning. You will constantly lose in this game when you're new, because you simply don't know how to play well. That's to be expected.

Lyng

I watch streams to be entertained though. Not to be bored to sleep. If I wanted that I'd watch Trump.

I want to learn stuff when I watch them so I only watch Kibbler or Kripp. Tides and Firebat are equally boring as trump imo.

Also Hearthstone right now comes down to rng+topdick. Stupid players win games purely based on a lot of rng.

NBtoaster

Drafted an arena deck with Dr Boom, Deathwing and 2 fireballs, went 5-3.
Then one with no legendaries, fireballs or big minions, went 12-2. Carried by 4 yetis, 3 flamestrikes and a pyroblast.

Raxus

Drafted an arena deck with Dr Boom, Deathwing and 2 fireballs, went 5-3.
Then one with no legendaries, fireballs or big minions, went 12-2. Carried by 4 yetis, 3 flamestrikes and a pyroblast.

Sometimes it's the simple things (and 3 flamestrikes) that get you through.

Dreavus

I'm going to have to second the notion that early game is important as fuck in Arena nowadays. I went 10-3 with a priest deck with no Velen's chosen, novas or soulpriest (only one shadow madness). However, I had a bunch of little guys and 3 lightspawns and a healthy 3 sw:d. I honestly didn't think I'd get that far, though now I wish I had saved the decklist. The games I lost usually came down to me just dying in the first 6 turns because of a slow opener.

SteveWD40

What's good for Druid now in ranked? Even a heavy taunt deck is failing against aggro hunter also running removal / silence :S

Fuck that OP hero power.

Raxus

What's good for Druid now in ranked? Even a heavy taunt deck is failing against aggro hunter also running removal / silence :S

Fuck that OP hero power.

Miracle Druid is the only variant that works respectably in ladder at the moment IIRC.

Even taking that into consideration Hunter will always be druid's natural enemy. Too many tools to dispose of your high level minions.

FeD.nL

Winstreak stopped due to a godly 4 out of 4 windfury enhance-o-mechano.

Still since I started priest I must say i'm doing much better, they are just so efficient. Before the windfury mage I was playing against this Shaman and just could not destroy his mana tide so had to let him keep drawing for 4 turns. Not a problem for priest if he has to destroy his own minions costing him more cards than the advantage he's been drawing.

One thing I will say is that Jeeves makes it somewhat feasible for any class to have a Zoo-like deck now. Well, at least Shaman I think. I've been playing around with a Zoo Shaman just for a couple games this morning and it seems pretty solid actually.

SteveWD40

Miracle Druid is the only variant that works respectably in ladder at the moment IIRC.

Even taking that into consideration Hunter will always be druid's natural enemy. Too many tools to dispose of your high level minions.

Will give that a whirl, thanks.

Bizazedo

Actually just won two games with a Fel Reaver focused deck. Two Fel Reavers, two of those 2/8 taunts where if they die the opponent gets a card, ton of silence cards.

If only Anima Golem wasn't Warlock.

JohnCYQ

First post here, so Hi I guess?

After watching Kripp's stream last night where he made a Hobgoblin-MechWarrior deck as a joke, I decided to give it a whirl. Holy crap, it almost felt like I was playing a zoo deck or something. Out of the 15-20 ish matches I had last night, I think I won about 70% of them, granted this is at low ranks.

I did lose one to a misplay tho, I threw down my second Hobgolin after a warsong before playing Microbot, not realizing that the Hobgoblin's effect happens before the check from Warsong is done, leaving the opponent at 1 health.

Decklist:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/147090-hobo-mechwarrior-cancer

Jeeves and Acolyte of pain really put in work in helping to draw cards while you keep spamming the board with 1-2 drops, and the occassional double Hobgolin gets pretty insane too. Add in Warsong Commanders and the deck gets nice and rushy.

I am considering swapping something out for 1-2 Mortal Strikes in the event that I don't draw into silence and I just need to finish the opponent off. Any comments on the deck?

gutshot

First post here, so Hi I guess?

After watching Kripp's stream last night where he made a Hobgoblin-MechWarrior deck as a joke, I decided to give it a whirl. Holy crap, it almost felt like I was playing a zoo deck or something. Out of the 15-20 ish matches I had last night, I think I won about 70% of them, granted this is at low ranks.

I did lose one to a misplay tho, I threw down my second Hobgolin after a warsong before playing Microbot, not realizing that the Hobgoblin's effect happens before the check from Warsong is done, leaving the opponent at 1 health.

Decklist:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/147090-hobo-mechwarrior-cancer

Jeeves and Acolyte of pain really put in work in helping to draw cards while you keep spamming the board with 1-2 drops, and the occassional double Hobgolin gets pretty insane too. Add in Warsong Commanders and the deck gets nice and rushy.

I am considering swapping something out for 1-2 Mortal Strikes in the event that I don't draw into silence and I just need to finish the opponent off. Any comments on the deck?

That Warsong Commander thing is actually a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon. Warsong's effect should happen before any buffs so you should have had a 5/6 Micro Machine with charge.

The main weakness of this deck (as is the case with any sort of deck heavily reliant on one particular card) is when you don't draw your Hobgoblins early. Then you are just stuck playing a lot of low-cost, low-impact minions. Still a cool deck idea and I imagine that when it works, it is a lot of fun to play!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

egruntz

shelaughz
Got 500 ranked wins with Hunter yesterday.
That golden portrait is by far my favorite. The contrast is between the darker shades on Rexxar and the foil effects is just awesome.

Too bad my Control Hunter can't get past rank 7. =/
I wonder what problems it's running into right now.
Maybe heaving a Ragnaros would help. Wouldn't know what to get rid of though lol.

Anyway, I think I'll work on either Rogue or Priest 500 next.

Isendurl

2014_12_23_16_41_48.jpg

Thank you Blizzard and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Out of curiosity would it make more sense to craft Dr. Boom or Ragnaros?

I'm still at the phase of legendaries where I'm picking up ones that fit quite a few decks instead of just one particular one.

Looking at some recent decks used in tournaments I'm thinking Dr. Boom is probably the right call, but I wanted to double check here since Rag still seems pretty popular too.

Minsc

Gold Member
Out of curiosity would it make more sense to craft Dr. Boom or Ragnaros?

I'm still at the phase of legendaries where I'm picking up ones that fit quite a few decks instead of just one particular one.

Looking at some recent decks used in tournaments I'm thinking Dr. Boom is probably the right call, but I wanted to double check here since Rag still seems pretty popular too.

Rag is easier to deal with. BGH and Rag is done. Faceless, Mind Control, etc.

Granted Rag gets one shot off before the bombs go, but the arrangement of cards from Dr Boom is much more annoying than Rag.

Rag can ruin your game easier too, like with a Faceless played against it, their Rag hits your Rag, and you probably lost yourself the game by playing Rag if you don't have removal. If they Faceless your Boom, you still have your Boom and both bombs, their copy won't do anything to yours.

So Boom is almost never a bad play, where sometimes Rag can ruin your game.

inky

Ragnaros is still a powerful card, but you need to know which deck you need him in beforehand.

Boom can fit in more decks nowadays, and it is just a more solid play that fits a wider variety of strategies. I'd go with Boom personally.

caesar

Banned
if you have recombob... it's almost a necessity in handlock giant decks. there you may know it by it's other name... aka "heal your giant for two mana"
I have recombob but I disagree, perhaps you could replace one owl but bgh is pretty solid right now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I have recombob but I disagree, perhaps you could replace one owl but bgh is pretty solid right now.

the problem is that BGH isn't useful against the dominant deck type right now (zoo/aggro). when the meta shifts toward big cards being played, BGH is amazing.. I just don't see the current meta (aside form control warrior and handlock, which are in the minority) as making BGH a solid inclusion. Most classes have an arguably "as-good" card/combo that is useful against the current meta as well.

It may seem like I'm bagging on BGH, but I'm not. He has his function.. just too many recent games where BGH is one of the only plays in my hand, and I go the ENTIRE game without him ever being worth more than a 4/2. which is a fine vanilla card.. but one that I often feel like I'm giving up other removal for..

Mutombo

Decided to spend some money on Hearhtstone for the 2nd time ever.

Accidentally bought the old cards.

Shit.

Bought GnG cards as well. Some Epics, some Golds, but nothing special.

So it goes.

Decided to spend some money on Hearhtstone for the 2nd time ever.

Accidentally bought the old cards.

Shit.

Bought GnG cards as well. Some Epics, some Golds, but nothing special.

So it goes.

I've read that blizzard has allowed exchanges or something to be done about purchasing the wrong set of packs when you purchase with cash. Not sure if this is true or what the details are.

ZZMitch

Just reached ranked 4 for the first time :D

Don't think I will be able to hit legend before the month ends tho. I am playing a control Priest deck with lightbomb. Similar to what Brian Kibler was playing a few days ago but with some key differences (I run one shrinkmeister for example).

I am also finding it really funny how streaky this deck has been lately. I keep going on 5-7 win streaks and then 3-4 loss streaks. I thought it was just random but this keeps happening... so weird.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Seriously? Miracle Druid? What was even added in GVG that improved the deck to make up for the auctioneer nerf?

so this is fun. but I don't know how viable it is in the long run. I suspect a lot of my victories come from people mulliganing wrong and then wasting removal on the weaker 5 and 6 drops.

4FBZeBl.png

JohnCYQ

That Warsong Commander thing is actually a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon. Warsong's effect should happen before any buffs so you should have had a 5/6 Micro Machine with charge.

The main weakness of this deck (as is the case with any sort of deck heavily reliant on one particular card) is when you don't draw your Hobgoblins early. Then you are just stuck playing a lot of low-cost, low-impact minions. Still a cool deck idea and I imagine that when it works, it is a lot of fun to play!

Oh it is? I just assumed that the hobgoblin effects took priority.

Actually, not getting Hobgolins isn't that bad - I can still win without drawing him as long as the opponent doesn't keep getting some sort of AOE or simply perfect counters to my low minions. Screwjank works nicely as a one-off 2/2 buff, especially on Annoy-o-trons.

It plays like typical aggro. Preferably you should start with 1x FWA and at least 1x 1-drop. Best cast scenario would be cogmaster into micromachine or annoy-o-tron, or going into FWA if the opponent gets a 1-2 drop out that you can kill.

Not getting Jeeves hurts the deck way more IMO, since it allows you to play 3-4 cards each turn and replenish your hand immediately afterwards, so even in the event of a board wipe you can still re-establish the board.

But yea, it still has the general weaknesses for pure aggro decks - not winning by turn 7-8 and having Hobgolin/Jeeves by then usually means you'll lose. Drawing into Hobgolin with 2-3 1-attack minions in hand (especially Jeeves) means you still have a chance at a comeback though, since you shift into mid-range with the combo.

embalm

Thinking about getting more into Shaman. They competitive?
Shaman is one of the best decks to play on a budget. They have great removal, great spells, great minions, and a good late game hero power. You'll want to burn some dust to get Lightning Storm, but it's worth it. Their Overload mechanic is very cool also, but it will take some time to get used too.

Trump did a video series taking a free to play Shaman to Legend. Check that out for some tips on how to get started.

Mutombo

I've copied some decks from better players, yes, even though I never have so many Legendaries and/or epics as the better players.

But for me the fun comes with building my own decks. Probably won't ever make it to legendary, but actively testing your own deck, tweaking it, and hovering around the 14-18 rank trying to get to at least 10. It's fun. Trying my shit out with Paladin, Hobgoblin, Windfury cards, and shit load of divine shields with Blood Knight (or whatshisname).

I'm still a bit too much all over the place, I reckon, but I guess everyone is right now with all the new cards and the testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom