• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, I kind of figured that was the best choice, but it feels harder to invest all the dust into a class exclusive card.

Alex is a solid card if you also plan on playing freeze mage at any point. Otherwise she isnt used in many decks.

Fixed1979

Hellscream IMO.

Big, beefy, multiple ways to activate him turn 8 now, and most importantly a charger to keep field control.

Ysera and Alexstraza are great but Ysera is slow as shit and RNG depended to a degree, Alex sets up the win but you need the push like Hellscream to seal the deal.

I'm running both Alex and Hell in my standard warrior deck. If I absolutely had to pick one over the other...probably Hellscream. There are rare occasions when changing either your health or your oponents to 15 doesn't help and an 8/8 isn't worth 9 mana. While a 10/8 with charge is always worth 8 mana.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Grom is far and away the best warrior legendary. I believe every single other legendary players use in that style of deck could be debated as to whether it belongs or not. But all warrior control players will unanimously unite behind Grom.

edit:
The reason is because of his versatility. He's good when you're winning. He's good when you're losing. He's good against control. He's good against aggro. He's good when you need burst. He's good when you need card advantage. Like these is literally not a single matchup/game where he is a bad play.

Aylinato

My current priest deck wins against everything unless I get extremely unlucky vs zoo/someweirdhunterthingthat I haven't seen

I've got everything I need except one legendary. I need that Skelton dude bloodmage thanos.

I hope next legendaries they add will be class legendaries. Get some new choices for the classes.

Varian for warrior. The wind runner sisters for hunter/priest. The flame Druid for Druid(the arch Druid that rag possessed. The ronin dude from krin tor.

And others of course.

What class specific legendaries would you guys want to see

Zemm

I prefer the "20 min priest victory that drains your opponents fun slowly" type of play

GE8ggui.gif

My current priest deck wins against everything unless I get extremely unlucky vs zoo/someweirdhunterthingthat I haven't seen

Well don't be shy in sharing it!

ZealousD

I've got everything I need except one legendary. I need that Skelton dude bloodmage thanos.

I hope next legendaries they add will be class legendaries. Get some new choices for the classes.

Varian for warrior. The wind runner sisters for hunter/priest. The flame Druid for Druid(the arch Druid that rag possessed. The ronin dude from krin tor.

And others of course.

What class specific legendaries would you guys want to see

Need legendary weapons. Want to see a warrior with Sulfuras or Thunderfury. Ashbringer is not enough!

imBask

Banned
I want a 0/0 legendary for 1 with the battlecry : let's you repick your class and deck. this minion dies at the end of your turn.

an anti-zoo legendary! BLIZZARD PLS

ZealousD

I want a 0/0 legendary for 1 with the battlecry : let's you repick your class and deck. this minion dies at the end of your turn.

So basically you never fatigue again?

So this deck has been doing decently for myself. Went from 23 to 14 without too much hassle. Might still need some tweaks but it works out better than what I was using before.

Might still need some tweaks since I still lose to aggro a bit but that might just be the case with this deck. Having a lot of fun with it too, still get those amazing end turn plays. And I still get my Far Sight hype too, which leads to great plays too.

Zemm

You know what kind of player is worse than Zoo and Hunter combined? Fucking SLOW ASS MOTHERFUCKERS. I wish I could electrocute players that let it go to the rope on turn 2,3,4.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I saw Trump do it on stream kappa.

Also, don't go into tilt, that's exactly what they want you to do.

Why is dust still an award in arena. 60 gold is so much more useful than 60 dust grrrr

So this deck has been doing decently for myself. Went from 23 to 14 without too much hassle. Might still need some tweaks but it works out better than what I was using before.

Legendaries....Legendaries everywhere

Zemm

I saw Trump do it on stream kappa.

Also, don't go into tilt, that's exactly what they want you to do.

I actually won but I'm not even kidding, he let it go to the rope on every single turn from 2 onwards. Every.Turn.

Which makes me think of new modes Blizzard should add.

Blitz mode - 15 sec timer
2v2 mode - such an obvious addition

johnsmith

remember me
Why is dust still an award in arena. 60 gold is so much more useful than 60 dust grrrr

Dust goes from the worst reward to the best one after you have most of the cards. Only gold cards are better. I love dust, as I've been able to craft tons of legendary cards. 60 dust is better than a pack which will probably just result in 40 dust.

Haunted

So you pull out your anti-zoo deck - then he plays that legendary, welcome to warrior control.

Dust goes from the worst reward to the best one after you have most of the cards. Only gold cards are better. I love dust, as I've been able to craft tons of legendary cards. 60 dust is better than a pack which will probably just result in 40 dust.

Perhaps, but then that 60 gold combined with a 40 gold daily = another pack which = 40 dust so that's 80 dust. I dunno I just always prefer the gold over the dust

Just curious, is there such a thing as how much dust a single, or ten, gold is worth? I know it's not exact since a pack could have all legendaries but there has to be an average, correct?

Just getting at that maybe dust rewards should be boosted possibly, but I hardly arena so I dunno.

Gotchaye

Perhaps, but then that 60 gold combined with a 40 gold daily = another pack which = 40 dust so that's 80 dust. I dunno I just always prefer the gold over the dust

Huh? 60 gold combined with a 40 gold daily = just one pack, which is 40 dust. So 60 dust is hugely better than 60 gold, if what you want is to craft cards. Dust is 2.5x as good as gold, per unit, if you're spending your gold on packs which yield 40 dust on average.

Now, really it's not the case that packs average 40 dust. Probably the average is somewhere between 75 and 100, I'd guess. If it's 100 then dust and gold work out to have the same value per unit, if you have all the cards already.

Leezard

Just curious, is there such a thing as how much dust a single, or ten, gold is worth? I know it's not exact since a pack could have all legendaries but there has to be an average, correct?

Just getting at that maybe dust rewards should be boosted possibly, but I hardly arena so I dunno.

As Gotchaye says, the dust rewards are decent compared to the gold value if you compare it to disenchanting a random pack, its just that gold reward allows you to play infinite arena much more easily, which will result in more gold/dust/cards in the long run.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Now, really it's not the case that packs average 40 dust. Probably the average is somewhere between 75 and 100, I'd guess. If it's 100 then dust and gold work out to have the same value per unit, if you have all the cards already.
If 75 to 100 is the average I'm getting scammed.

Minsc

Gold Member
If 75 to 100 is the average I'm getting scammed.

It works out that way because when you get your 4 golden legendaries in a single pack (worth ~6,500 dust), it skews the average way way up.
In seriousness it's only ~100 dust per pack when you factor in getting a few golden things disenchanted over a lot of packs

Huh? 60 gold combined with a 40 gold daily = just one pack, which is 40 dust. So 60 dust is hugely better than 60 gold, if what you want is to craft cards. Dust is 2.5x as good as gold, per unit, if you're spending your gold on packs which yield 40 dust on average.

You forgot to add the pack that you get from the arena run, it would be two packs with the arena run + the gold

Gotchaye

You forgot to add the pack that you get from the arena run, it would be two packs with the arena run + the gold

But you get that pack either way. My understanding was that we were talking about getting a pack and 60 gold or getting a pack and 60 dust. You don't get 60 dust instead of a pack and gold.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
What's with all the hunters in arena? I understand why people are playing them in constructed, but who suddenly came up with it being a good idea to play them in arena? At least it's easy wins...

Slashlen

It works out that way because when you get your 4 golden legendaries in a single pack (worth ~6,500 dust), it skews the average way way up.
In seriousness it's only ~100 dust per pack when you factor in getting a few golden things disenchanted over a lot of packs

My understanding is that in a large enough sample, dust and gold are worth about the same. I can see the appeal in dust because it's consistent. Even if the average is the same, most packs are going to give you 40 dust. It's more about whether or not you want a consistent payout or if you want the slot machine that is opening packs.

Haunted

I just had the dirtiest priest game against a Paladin.

First, I thoughtsteal and get his Tirion. Then he facelesses the thoughtstolen Tirion only for me to mind control it next turn and have two Tirions on board. And after he (surprisingly) manages to kill off the first Tirion within the same turn and brings the second Tirion down to 1 health, I play KT, trade with the second Tirion and bring it right back up with 6-6 and divine shield.

Going to shower to get that dirt off me and write an apology letter to LanceVance.

imBask

Banned
damn this arena run! I got Alexstraza and Black Knight

game 1 : easy win
game 2 : I have 4 garbage minion and one 9/9, he mind control techs the 9/9 and pyroblasts me the next turn
game 3 : turn one double innervate sludge, gg

12-2 the dream

Aylinato

GE8ggui.gif

Well don't be shy in sharing it!

Silencex1
Clericx2
SW:px1
Dark cultistx2
SW:Dx2
Baron Rivendarex1
Mass dispellx2
Shadow madnessx1
Holy novax2
Feugenx1
Loathebx1
Sludge belcherx2
Stalaggx1
Holy firex2
Gelbin Mekkatorquex1
Hoggerx1
The beastx1
The black knightx1
Kel'Thuzadx1
Ragnarosx1
Malygosx1
Nozdormux1
Mind controlx1

The beast is a placeholder for silvannus, nozodormu for deathwing or Alex or ysera, hogger I may throw in someone else idk carine maybe?

Geblin is amazing, and always confused people. I don't have prophet Velen but I could replace geblin with Velen.

ZealousD

Silencex1
Clericx2
SW:px1
Dark cultistx2
SW:Dx2
Baron Rivendarex1
Mass dispellx2
Shadow madnessx1
Holy novax2
Feugenx1