• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Naxxramas Legendaries are OP pay-to-win bullshit.

Ignoring the fact that nobody seriously plays those two legendary cards... you can unlock that wing for 700 coins, which is probably going to be a lot cheaper and easier than getting the regular legionaries.

So yeah just go get them, put them in your deck and we'll see you at Blizzcon. For bonus points, play as Shaman, get the Baron on the board and use reincarnate. Thadius EVERYWHERE.

caesar

Banned
All the Naxxramas Legendaries are OP pay-to-win bullshit.

In before "u salty", "git gud", or whatever other cancerous bullshit memes you want to throw at me after this rant.

Every other goddamn game I see Stalagg and Feugen. Okay, great, two legendaries, bring a silence and it shouldn't be that bad, okay.

Silence, do other shit, aaaaaand RETURN TO HAND AND PLAY IT AGAIN. Great, now I don't have anything to deal with these two fucks now. And I see these like every goddamn game. I don't feel like paying for Naxxramas, otherwise I would love to have these cards for myself, but it's going to take me months to even do one wing of it at this rate.

That fucking spider one (I forget it's name) that kills anything it damages. I swear to deal with any of these fuckers you have to have a deck full of 30 silences or 15 silences and 15 draw cards or something like that.

Just a few minutes ago, I was in a game where things were going alirght. I had his HP pretty low, he had me down to 8 exactly, but things were still looking up for me. Then OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE HERE IS THAT BLUE DINOSAUR FUCKER (I also forget his name) THAT'S 8/8 AND HAS CHARGE. ATTACK, GG, WELL PLAYED WELL PLAYED WELL PLAYED WELL PLAYED.

Don't even get me started on that fucking legendary that limits turn time to 15 seconds. That fucking thing is completely unfair to anyone not on a super stable internet connection, because if shit isn't firing immediately as you use it, you are screwed. On top of that if shit has a long animation (like Druid heals, stuff like that), you're also fucked. Why is this fucking allowed? Why is this pay to win bullshit even in the game?!
Stalagg and Feugen?

Lol

spoon!

It's damn near impossible for someone like me who has been playing about a week.

As a new player you should probably expect to get destroyed in constructed. The game is crawling with players with decks well above what a fresh player would have even in the lower ranks. You either won't have enough cards, or enough experience with the meta to recognize how to play around decks.

Play arena, curve low for some solid 5+ wins, and build up a collection to the point you can start making inroads into laddering. Till then, expect to get reamed. Goodluck sir.

zoukka

Ranked is RNG. Arena is facemode. Why even play this game anymore? This game needs hard punishment cards against aggro. AoE spells don't cut it at all when every minion has a deathrattle effect...

The Adder

Banned
Then explain to me how to have a deck prepared for literally every one of those overpowered fuckers. It's damn near impossible for someone like me who has been playing about a week.

I also just faced Archmage Antonidas for the first time. What a fucking joke. I actually faced him twice. The first time I won, but that was because by the time he came out, I think my opponent literally drew him the same turn he played him and I was already far in use lead that the fireball barrage didn't matter.

The second time though...I only have two silences in my Druid deck, because that is all the silences I have. And of course I didn't draw either of them. Then I was already fucked by the endless fireballs. I couldn't kill him on one turn with what I had, so he had plenty of time to build up fireballs before I could finish Antonidas.

Not counting Nax cards, I have 12 Legendaries, only three of which I crafted. And I've only payed real money for Nax.

In other words, git quasi-decent.

zoukka

I'm transforming into Yoshi. This game fucking sucks.

Arena has been equalized into endless facemode trials where the first one to miss a drop on curve loses 100% of the time. Constructed has been equalized with too great of value minions you have to play that have heavy RNG built to them making every game a series of coin flips and the only thing you need to think about is to eliminate the worst case scenarios.

All this to appease babies who cannot come to terms when their opponent mops the floor with them. They need to be able to think it was the RNG that made them lose (and often it is!). Fucking blizzard and I even defended their f2p models of this game but now I see where they want to take this game and it's RNG hell. I'm done.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I was practicing against the Innkeeper for grins and a little xp for a quick game. And here was the AI's play.

Buzzard.... then coin into... nothing.

Dead serious. Played the buzzard. Played the coin. End turn. Didn't get a single draw off the buzzard. I think the AI might still think buzzard is 2 mana?

zoukka

So I was practicing against the Innkeeper for grins and a little xp for a quick game. And here was the AI's play.

Dead serious. Played the buzzard. Played the coin. End turn. Didn't get a single draw off the buzzard. I think the AI might still think buzzard is 2 mana?

The innkeeper doesn't want to accept what HS has become. Can't blame the poor guy.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The innkeeper doesn't want to accept what HS has become. Can't blame the poor guy.

I bet everytime I beat him, he's saying "omg pay-to-win bullshit. how can i beat this guy i have only rares in my deck??"

Minsc

Gold Member

I've seen the AI target a minion with frostbolt when I was at 2 health.

Hylian7

Also, dumb question about Stalagg and Feugen. Does silencing just one prevent Thaddius from being summoned or does it needs to be both?

Also, dumb question about Stalagg and Feugen. Does silencing just one prevent Thaddius from being summoned or does it needs to be both?

You need to silence the second one.
I battled too many people that thought silencing the first one will let them of the hook,for some reason.
Though polymorphing\hexing the first also works.

Hylian7

Also, what are some neutral silence cards out there? The only one I have is Spellbreaker. If I'm playing Hunter I have that owl, but that is only for Hunter.

Also, what are some neutral silence cards out there? The only one I have is Spellbreaker. If I'm playing Hunter I have that owl, but that is only for Hunter.

The owl is neutral,actually.
Being a beast doesn't automatically make a minion hunter exclusive(in fact, there is even a Druid exclusive beast).

Been on a winning streak from rank 11 to rank 7, and now I'm kinda scared to continue. Mah deck:

4mu3CjC.png

How's the Reaper working out for you? It seems like it's too slow of a card, but I haven't tried it yet.

If you get it out, your opponent basically can't play more than one minion - which is crazy good. It's also outside of BGH range, and even if they SW:Death it or hard-remove it I got plenty of other legendaries.

Basically, all of my legendaries fulfill the same purpose - it's just late-game pressure after I've cleared their board and/or dropped a taunt in the form of sludge belcher/lil'excorcist/tirion. That's why I got so many of them, to increase the chance of drawing one later on - the specific one doesn't really matter, they're the best of the bunch I got.

Volimar

I bet Trump is so jelly

B2hwEa9.png

I was watching her stream for a while. She went out of her way to say they weren't dating, but he was obviously thirsty for her. And there was a donor named something like JealousTrump who said "Why Hafu, I thought we had something special!"

TheChaos0

Ok, just drafted an awesome (I think) Pally deck in arena. 4-0 so far with no problems at all. (proceeds to lose the next 3 games :D) The only problem with it is as always card draw, I've got one Cult Master but I haven't seen it yet.

Lyng

Ranked is RNG. Arena is facemode. Why even play this game anymore? This game needs hard punishment cards against aggro. AoE spells don't cut it at all when every minion has a deathrattle effect...

You speak the truth mate. Right now HS is pretty bad.

Minsc

Gold Member
You speak the truth mate. Right now HS is pretty bad.

Unless you sit there passing your first 6 turns, a 3/3 heal 8 @ 5 mana is pretty anti-aggro. Face Hunters and rush decks definitely feel like more of a thing of the past now, that extra 16 life is pretty hard to deal with before their card inefficiency hits hard.

Of course, there's always that dream draw, where they get everything exactly right and just snowball the game to a defeat on the 4th turn, but that usually involves you sitting there doing nothing again, and them getting a perfect draw, which will never be fixed, since by the very nature of being a CCG, there's always a chance for you to get a horrible draw where you can't respond to anything on the board.

Just remember, everytime you pass without playing a card, or you use your hero power, you are signing your own death wish. Nothing makes the game easier for your opponent than you sitting there waiting for your 4 or 5 drop, while they have free run to play all the cards in their hand.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I've been getting 12 win arenas around 30℅ or so across my past 20 runs. I don't really get the face complaints. 1 drops are a little more important but that is really the only difference I've noticed.

johnsmith

remember me
I've been getting 12 win arenas around 30℅ or so across my past 20 runs. I don't really get the face complaints. 1 drops are a little more important but that is really the only difference I've noticed.

12 wins 30% of the time makes you the best arena player in the world. Congrats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Hylian7

I really can't tell of the rant about OP legendaries and listing all the bad ones and none of the good ones is real or not.
It is real. I have faced Kel'Thuzad before, I just didn't think of it at the time because those others were fresh on my mind.

Also I posted this a few pages back, but I was playing a friend the other day (who has played a while) and he had a card that gives you a random beast in your hand. He got Gahz'Rilla, whose attack doubles every time he takes damage. Lucky for me, I had enough spell damage and freezes to deal with it without ever letting it hit anything, but holy shit I was panicking.

Video of that amazing moment: Hearthstone - ....WHAT?!: http://youtu.be/GUtVwLBrUuU

Unless you sit there passing your first 6 turns, a 3/3 heal 8 @ 5 mana is pretty anti-aggro. Face Hunters and rush decks definitely feel like more of a thing of the past now, that extra 16 life is pretty hard to deal with before their card inefficiency hits hard.

Of course, there's always that dream draw, where they get everything exactly right and just snowball the game to a defeat on the 4th turn, but that usually involves you sitting there doing nothing again, and them getting a perfect draw, which will never be fixed, since by the very nature of being a CCG, there's always a chance for you to get a horrible draw where you can't respond to anything on the board.

Just remember, everytime you pass without playing a card, or you use your hero power, you are signing your own death wish. Nothing makes the game easier for your opponent than you sitting there waiting for your 4 or 5 drop, while they have free run to play all the cards in their hand.

Yeah, I've learned that you should always make a drop against aggro decks, even if it is a sup-bar 2-3 drop - if you don't drop a minion on the board until turn 4 you've basically surrendered.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
12 wins 30% of the time makes you the best arena player in the world. Congrats.
Just a run of good luck I'd guess like kripps 4 in a row 12 wins. I also just pick the good arena classes. But still, I was just trying to emphasize that I'm doing really we'll in arena without playing aggro.

TheChaos0

Well, I ended up 6-3, still not bad. The 3 losses I had was the oponent out tempoing my agro Arena deck. Druid was was particulary bad... he innervated into Shield Masta and I couldn't kill him off for the remainder of the game.

Neirea hits legend with an OTK warrior deck, pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.twitch.tv/neirea/v/3633889?t=362m50s

2080 Dust to craft from scratch, no legendaries needed. Seems darn solid.

That's an interesting deck, I've tried to make something similar before without much success though. :D

I'm not sure Antique Healbot does a whole lot against the minion heavy aggro decks that I think the above posters were talking about. Against decks (like miracle Rogue, freeze Mage, most Hunters) that can only really deal a certain amount of damage, it's a godsend. But against decks (like Zoolock, and all these mech heavy aggro decks that have been popping up since G&G released) which aim to grab early control of the board and overwhelm the opponent with minion synergy it doesn't do much - the minions will just charge on and deal the 8 damage soon after.

The only counter to aggression by minion swarm is AoE, or forcing them to go through heavy taunts (or better minion aggression, of course). In Arena, as has been remarked on, AoE is now tougher to come by - G&G added significantly more minions than spells, never mind spells like Consecration/Holy Nova/Flamestrike that can make huge swings. And the minions that were added, certainly among the commons, were disproportionately low mana cost (usually with text, often buffing or receiving buffs from friendly minions, or dishing out random damage), which decreases the chances of having a deck full of big guys to Taunt up and hide behind. This side of Jeeves, I notice there wasn't a huge amount of card draw added either - which means that once you're at a card disadvantage, you're probably more likely to stay there too, unless you're a Warlock.

Now to be clear, I don't think things have actually changed all that much - the best Arena players placed huge value on 1-drops, 2-drops and quality 4-drops before G&G released, and would fight aggressively for the board in the early turns, knowing that getting it would give them a huge chance of winning (everyone remembers the one time a 10-0 Mage had 4 Flamestrikes, 3 Polymorphs and 2 Blizzards and somehow recovered and won, but forgets the great majority of opponents who succumbed after losing the early turns).

Freezard

Yeah that 8 heal mech just lost me a game where I held 2 Frostbolts and was waiting to draw a Fireball to kill my opponent... and it's not the only time I've lost to that heal in arena >_<

johnsmith

remember me
Just recovered an arena game where I drew an antique healbot when I had 1 hp left vs a mage. He was top decking the rest of the game and I took him down from 30 and won.

TheChaos0

Just gave myself a Christmas present and bought 15 packs. Got Hogger, The Beast and Raggy and now have enough to craft Hellscream. Buying packs is dangerous, I just want to buy some more. Aaaahhh, I hate card games, I just NEED to buy boosters!

Apt101

I beat a friend so bad on Hearthstone she told me she hopes I die IRL. Then she felt bad and texted me she's sorry and bought me a game on Steam. hah. This game nearly ended a friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom