• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about jumping back into this game again instead of waiting for PSN to come back. How is the Nax thing and how do mechs fit into the game? They seem pretty cool.

Nax is kinda fun. Just a different way to earn cards and its fairly easy if you just want to get the cards fast.

So far mechs are pretty neat. They haven't revolutionized the game but have opened up a lot of possibility like any card addition would. There are also a lot more added to the game than just mechs, and many old cards that were mediocre or below average have a spot in constructed and some old cards that were restricted to certain decks now see play in other decks.

johnsmith

remember me
12 wins without flamestrike? Is such a thing even possible?

gdGs5DT.png

I seem to have my mojo back.

Ken

Nax is kinda fun. Just a different way to earn cards and its fairly easy if you just want to get the cards fast.

So far mechs are pretty neat. They haven't revolutionized the game but have opened up a lot of possibility like any card addition would. There are also a lot more added to the game than just mechs, and many old cards that were mediocre or below average have a spot in constructed and some old cards that were restricted to certain decks now see play in other decks.

Hm, thanks. Are there any really good cards from Nax?

johnsmith

remember me

Yes, lots. It's required if you're serious about Hearthstone, tons of powerful cards you can only get there. Especially for hunter, warrior, and priest, as their class cards are autoincludes in every deck.

Many.

Loatheb, Mad Scientist, death bite, Zombie Chow, Haunted Creeper, Webspinner, undertaker, dark cultist, void caller, eggs and sludge belchers are all extremely strong across a wide variety of decks.

Also Feugen & Stalagg is the most broken combination in the game....

JustinBB7

I'm debating just giving in and buying Naxx...I did get money for Christmas...

Not worth it to spend money on I feel, at least not that much. I didn't spend a cent on it yet. Took me a month and a half of doing daily and unique quests to get every Naxx adventure, so that's an option.

Leezard

Not worth it to spend money on I feel, at least not that much. I didn't spend a cent on it yet. Took me a month and a half of doing daily and unique quests to get every Naxx adventure, so that's an option.
It's way more efficient to spend money on naxx rather than packs. Unless you are 100% free to play player and intend to stay that way, naxx gives you the most bang for your buck.

Hylian7

3StlArz.png

I feel like I just need more draw now. Am I right?

I just lost to a priest that took my Force Tank Max, doubled it's health, then played that card that sets attack equal to health and I had fuck all to do about it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Since PSN wasn't coming back i spent 40 bucks on more GVG packs, i got a dupe bolfar and a golden Sneed's Old Shredder. Not that good but i did got enough dust to craft a Dr boom.

Hylian7

Well what should I be spending my gold on then? I was gonna save for an arena run later tonight (about 45 away), or should I just buy packs, or just save for Naxx (which will take forever)?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Well what should I be spending my gold on then? I was gonna save for an arena run later tonight (about 45 away), or should I just buy packs, or just save for Naxx (which will take forever)?

You should be spending gold on either packs or arena runs, if you are good enough the arena run pays for itself.

Naxx is the best value in terms of real money, but in terms of gold it's pretty awful, you get like 5cards for what was it, 700g? Problem being some of these cards are really good and stuff. Still probably better off buying normal packs or doing arena runs until you have a decent bit of cards. Would vastly recommend considering spending a bit of money on the game for naxx wings, it's still rather cheap compared to the time you can spend on the game versus most other games that aren't F2P. Matter of taste of course, but buying naxx with gold is pretty awful if you don't have a good base of cards yet.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

You should probably stay out of the arena for now. Wait until you get better at the game. If you're not as good or better than the average player than the rewards are not worth it. It's adjusted so that the "average" rewards are the same as packs, so if you do below average than you will get worse returns.

You should only use gold on Naxx if you consider yourself a F2P player who will never spend money on the game. Otherwise it should be the first thing you buy with real money and you should use your gold on packs.

Hylian7

Wow, I feel accomplished for pulling off the match I just won.

I was Hunter vs a Hunter, he played a Explosive Trap really early, I guessed that was what it was, as I was throwing down minions and he wasn't for some reason. So I kept throwing down minions, go a Houndmaster out there as well as a Hyena. He eventually dropped a Grizzly, so I lowered it's HP to 1, attacked it with my Wolf, then all of my minions had >2 HP except for one Bloodfen Raptor. So I used that one to go for the face, and boom, I was right, Explosive Trap. Joke was on him as I still had the board loaded with minions that could survive it and hadn't attacked that turn yet. So I just went straight for the face. He took out a couple of my taunt Raptor (Houndmaster), and now my Hyena was at 8 damage. Kept going straight for the face and ended it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just got beat by a warlock in turn five, he used a disgustingly effective murloc deck. Kinda want to try it since it was pretty good.

ZealousD

I just got beat by a warlock in turn five, he used a disgustingly effective murloc deck. Kinda want to try it since it was pretty good.

Murlock isn't really that great. Zoo is just straight up better. Murlock requires really good draws and luck that your opponent doesn't have the right removals to handle them. Sure you can have some explosively short games sometimes but then other times your opponent kills every murloc you summon or you don't draw the warleader and you just lose.

This lethal wow.

I had a 2/1 on board and assassin's blade in hand. He had 18 hp.

so 5 damage showing

prep -> sword oil 1m (+7) -> deadly poison 2m (+2) -> blade flurry 4m (+8) -> eviscerate 6m (+4) -> si7 agent 9m (+2) = 23 damage with 1 mana to spare.

So the prep didn't matter at all heheheh.

garath

Trumps teachings have helped so much. I've been using his starter decks and been just playing ranked to level up all the classes and I'm on a 4 or 5 game streak. I think I may open some packs with my gold. I have around 700 now.

Trumps teachings have helped so much. I've been using his starter decks and been just playing ranked to level up all the classes and I'm on a 4 or 5 game streak. I think I may open some packs with my gold. I have around 700 now.

Save a lot of it for arena since that is the best way to earn cards through gold.

Or you can spend the gold on a naxx wing which should get you some decent cards for you deck. Just look up the naxx rewards for each wing since they are not random. You do have to unlock them in order though.

Hylian7

You seem to run into KT more than I've ever seen the card in constructed outside of my pre-gvg paladin deck lol

I had him down to 5 HP, then he threw out a Sludge Belcher, took it out, and then Kel'Thuzad the next turn when I had fuck all to deal with that bullshit. Couldn't go straight for the face and end because of the slime taunt, Kel'Thuzad and his merry bullshitmen basically took me from 25 to 0.

johnsmith

remember me
No Flamestrike, one fireball, no Polymorph. Are you a
mage
wizard?
The 1 drops did work. 2 mana worms , argent squire, eleven archer, zombie chow. I got board control early and rarely lost it. 3 arcane intellects refilled my hand. 1 drops are underrated if you have the card draw to back it up.

bunbun777

I know this is a safe place to vent and all and I have done it myself, but seriously complaining about rng benefitting your opponent all the time and never mentioning it favoring yourself seems a bit one sided. I personally love the random elements because over the long game it still evens out while making the individual games less stale and predictable. If my opponent pulls out the best possible card, good for them, I've done it myself. Sure rng may make a worse opponent have an advantage but it will still always benefit the player that is better in the long run. That said I don't think the next expansion will take advantage of it as much, it just seems to fit the goblin/gnome flavor.

I predict Dragons and burning damage over time....imagine if a burning minion (lose 1 health on upkeep) had a 50% chance to ignite neighboring minions or other minions it damaged...lol.

IceMarker

I think I just added a ton of random gaffers from the "friends you may know" list on the Battle.net client, some people I already have on Steam or people I haven't added in ages. I want to make use of spectate damnit!

garath

Save a lot of it for arena since that is the best way to earn cards through gold.

Or you can spend the gold on a naxx wing which should get you some decent cards for you deck. Just look up the naxx rewards for each wing since they are not random. You do have to unlock them in order though.

Good suggestions. I don't think my game knowledge is high enough to succeed in arena. Unless there's some terrible players in there ;)

I'll see about the naxx though.

ZealousD

Druid has a place in the meta thankfully.

I don't know if I'm just playing it wrong but I've never done well with the standard combo Druid. I just can't quite control the board well enough. I always do so bad with it. I don't know how it works so well for other people because I can never seem to make it work.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think i have spent over 90 bucks in Hearthstone this month alone......damn i'm disgusted at myself. Also if anyone wants to add me as a friend my battletag or whatever is:

KobraZer0

Special C

One very important thing to understand about HS is that life total rarely matters. It's all about controlling the board and then hitting with your finishers. Eventually you will learn the safe life totals to be at.

For example if you are playing Mage 7 health is a death sentence due to Fireball + Fireblast.

There are certain key levels of health to be at vs each opponent and each deck archetype. It's a lot to grasp at first but it becomes second nature.

Wow... somehow I beat this hunter...

turn 1 undertaker

turn 2 undertaker coin mad scientist

turn 3 huffer

turn 4 eaglehorn bow

WTF did I enter the twilight zone!?

I was like freaking 14 health after turn 3. Got no taunts, no blade flurry, fan of knives had to be used to as an expensive shiv... I am seriously stunned at how I managed to beat that hunter cause the entire match I was face palming it was going so poorly.

I don't know if I'm just playing it wrong but I've never done well with the standard combo Druid. I just can't quite control the board well enough. I always do so bad with it. I don't know how it works so well for other people because I can never seem to make it work.

I'm having a lot of fun with ramp druid again, mostly because of piloted shredder and Dr.Boom being added. It dies pretty hard if an aggro deck like hunter or zoo gets a good start (grrrr fuck you undertaker) and I don't have wrath in my starting hand, but there are a ton of things you can innervate or ramp out like Loatheb or Boom that are very hard to deal with.

But yeah, Innervate is probably the best card in the game and I don't see Druid ever being unplayable

This has to be one of the highest value plays:

Warrior has gorehowl equipped, one of the highest value cards in the game. And alexstrasza on the board.

Sabotage... destroys both for 4 mana. 4 mana negating about 16 mana of theirs lol

Apt101

I really like druid. My deck isn't really respectable compared to some I've seen, but the class seems to have a really good bent towards offense with big heals and some defense. I round out my deck with added tanks and cards to augment them, and some rush minions that can stack damage onto a boss at draw. I've gotten some pretty strong wins with it.

I think I'm done with mage, at least until I can rethink my deck. When I get lucky and draw a lot of my freezing cards things go well. Otherwise it feels like every match is an uphill battle. Kind of tired of the randomness. Druid feels much more balanced regardless of the luck of the draw.

Also I suck at Hearthstone terminology, so apologies if I'm not making much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom