• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Funny thing is this mediocre mech rogue deck I put together in 2 minutes which loses to most other decks has shit on control warrior every time I played against it.

That's the weird thing about all CCGs. You'll find random shitty ass decks that'll do well against the top tier deck, but in the end it's shitty for a reason and loses to everything else.

johnsmith

remember me
The arena needs to either have 0 legendaries, or 1 legendaries for everybody. So sick of getting fucked by people with multiples, when I get one out of every 20 drafts, and then it's a choice between thalnos, nat pagle, or milhouse manastorm.'

Why do i have to be addicted to this garbage game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes give in to the dark side, soon you'll be buying 40 packs like it was nothing. Also unlike Dota each time you lose in Hearthstone you can only blame yourself
and your meager card collection and RNG

I just keep blaming blizzard for making it take forever to get good cards, but I do have fun tossing together different decks to do the dayles. Got an old Combo priest that still works, a somewhat crummy but decently reliable zoo Hunter and Warlock decks, and a mediocre Paly deck that doesn't really do anything but won 5/6 games I played it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I still don't know how a druid let my annoyatron get this crazy.
dUAVFKW.jpg
But with that, I finally had enough to get a new pack and got Ancient of War. Now if only I can make a decent control druid deck...

Hylian7

How the hell do I beat Gothik the Harvester? I can't think of a workable strategy that's sustainable against him.

Edit: Got lucky in one attempt on my Hunter deck that I tried to build for him. Works for me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just had the most bullshit match(in my favor). Whipped up a mediocre shaman deck for the 2 and 5 win quests I had. Coin whirling zapomatic turn 1, another whirling zapomatic turn 2, into an annoyotron turn 3 against a handlock. He had a molten giant after being nearly dead, and I topdecked a hex for it. He gets close to stabilizing after a shadowflame, but I get a fire ele on the clear board. He drops another molten and then antique healbots. I have a loaded hand with earthshocks and forked lightning, and roll a spell taunt totem which lets me take care of the board. He uses another shadowflame and is sitting at 2hp.

I topdeck the second fire elemental. lol. I would be so fucking pissed on the receiving end of that.

Kettch

Been having a lot more luck against Handlock lately with my Paladin. Helps a lot to draw my Big Game at some point, maybe I was just unlucky earlier. Just Harrison Jones'd a Jarraxus to finish off this last one.

The one weak match-up seems to be zoo. Everything else I feel comfortable against. The addition of Implosion and the lack of Pyromancers in my deck make it pretty hard. Just not enough AoE, it's tough even when I have a strong opening.

johnsmith

remember me
I've changed my mind about rogue in arena. It's still pretty good, but you really need heals and taunts. Without them you're screwed.

I was already running my super-dirty-but-not-really-all-that-good p2w ramp druid deck with 7 legendaries, and I just got sneed's old shredder from a pack.

Time to make people even more mad

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just drafted a control hunter (arena) and did fairly well. Is it a thing or should I just have gone for the face hunter?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Fuck I hate when I'm 0-0 and I start off against someone who seemingly has a constructed deck in arena and gets some insane opener.

Mutombo

Ha! Finally have a good deck, I reckon. I got beat by a few players who're whipping out legendary after legendary, but I seem to be able to frustrate opponents with my paladin. The hero power is so dangerous now with the Quartermaster card.

I'm on a pretty nice streak now.

Biggest ass whooping I dealt was in 4 turns against a shaman; argent squire>shielded minibot>Blood Knight (9/9) and then I took the chance with an enhance-o-mech because I wanted wind fury; lo and behold, the 9/9 was now a wind fury.

johnsmith

remember me
I need to remember that velen's chosen boosts spellpower. Those 3 damage holy novas have lost me a couple of games I should have won.

Sokka

Is it still possible to get the Fireside card back?

I've tried several times with no luck, and I've searched on Google and I don't see anything where people saying it's not possible to get.

zoukka

Lost to a GoK - blessed champion play in a match where the opponent was behind in every conceivable manner. 24 damage OTK. I had full board and a full hand...

I gotta get rid of this game.

Is it still possible to get the Fireside card back?

I've tried several times with no luck, and I've searched on Google and I don't see anything where people saying it's not possible to get.

Yes, but it needs to be people on your network/LAN or whatever... People only in your friend's list don't count.

So ive encountered this bug where im stuck on the arena rewards menu.

Cant start a new arena at all.

Logging out, reinstalling, or logging in on different devices doesnt help

This sucks.

Fel reaver is actually a good card in aggro. Depends on the meta though but right now BGH is pretty popular so it can be a liability as well.

yeah. bgh is the reason that card is bad. all of my decks are running at least one. my druid deck has 2 so i can almost always win the handlock matchup.

on another note, i've been prioritizing silence in arena way more because of people going ham with pants.

What is Shadowbomber supposed to do?

I would think you could use it for a burn Priest deck. You could run stuff like Mind Blast and Shadow Form for lots of damage. Not sure if it'd really work out right now though. There's also the fact that Priests can somewhat easily recover from that three damage where say a more aggressive deck can't. Can't say if it'll ever be used though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom