• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find new ways to fail in arena daily. Shrink Meistered my own guy instead of the enemy. It was what lost me the game 5 turns later.

i got an android tablet for christmas so i've been playing a ton of hearthstone on it and i've never made so many misplays in my life. so many lifting my finger up at the wrong time or selecting the wrong card in my hand.

Fel Reaver has got to be my favourite card of the new expansion. Almost every Arena game I've seen it played in (that wasn't a one-sided stomp) has been tense and tactically complex - do you just neutralise it quickly, or try to burn their deck heavily? Should it have been held longer, or played earlier? Lot of great finishes where one player is close to faitgue but has the board and is trying to close out while the other guy tries to hang on.

Special C

I don't think GvG had near the impact Naxx did despite having so many more cards. So far out of my decks I've added a Shield Maiden and Dr. Boom to Control Warrior and Dr. Boom to Ramp Druid. My Hunter and Warlock decks have stayed unchanged. Just having a hard time fitting GvG cards in.

I don't think GvG had near the impact Naxx did despite having so many more cards. So far out of my decks I've added a Shield Maiden and Dr. Boom to Control Warrior and Dr. Boom to Ramp Druid. My Hunter and Warlock decks have stayed unchanged. Just having a hard time fitting GvG cards in.

it still remains to be seen just how many cards will work their way into decks. right now people are experimenting with things they are familiar with so something innovative still may be over the horizon. i think it's actually very healthy for the game that the GvG cards didn't just immediately take over.

Strider

Well... I put down a little bit of money and what gold I had toward GvG packs to ease my way back into this. I got lucky and got 3 legendaries from the packs O_O

Mogor the Ogre
Troggzor the Earthinator
Dr Boom

I'll save up some gold and finally get the last wing of Naxx next I guess.

Anyway I wanna put the new spectator feature to use so if anyone doesn't mind adding another to their list my Bnet is Tstrider#1716

Special C

Well... I put down a little bit of money and what gold I had toward GvG packs to ease my way back into this. I got lucky and got 3 legendaries from the packs O_O

Mogor the Ogre
Troggzor the Earthinator
Dr Boom

I'll save up some gold and finally get the last wing of Naxx next I guess.

Anyway I wanna put the new spectator feature to use so if anyone doesn't mind adding another to their list my Bnet is Tstrider#1716

Good pull. Dr. Boom is the Ragnoros of this expansion.

egruntz

shelaughz

Completely overhauled Mage class.

Special C

All right, got my Dr. Boom crafted.

Worst case he becomes a Dr. Ragnaros with a nerf.

Welcome to the club. He's the only card from GvG I've crafted so far.

I've only gotten to play him once. Opponent Ran Loatheb into him, then Swiped. Boom bots had an empty board so went they for face. Both did 1 damage =(

An Unremarkable Scenario, but he still 2 for 1'd and did 2 damage to face.

egruntz

shelaughz
I just can't beat the new aggro mage deck. Goblin Blase Mage is especially powerful. It's just way too fucking good. 4 mana for a 5/4 that does 4 damage to enemies on play. What the fuck.

FeD.nL

I really don't understand why they saw the need to nerf miracle. Especially with the way the meta is now, it's like every deck has become either stronger or classes that were lacking now have an aggro deck that works, yet one of the few decks that forced players to make decisions beyond the go for face or trade is nerfed and yet UT is still in every aggro deck.

I just can't beat the new aggro mage deck. Goblin Blase Mage is especially powerful. It's just way too fucking good. 4 mana for a 5/4 that does 4 damage to enemies on play. What the fuck.

been cleaning up mage with rogue. all the early game removal means they can't establish a board. and 4 health minions are such a perfect eviscerate target.

so many times i play a dr doom turn 7 to an empty board and they just concede.

Still unable to enroll in arena. Stuck at the rewards screen. This is pretty fucking frustrating.

you should get angry at customer support you'll probably some some free packs

Triz

Just had an arena match where turn 10 Druid plays cenarious. I drop mind control tech he steals cenarious. I flame strike board to clear. Next turn attack his minion with cenarious then youthful brewmaster the cenarious. Talk about epic arena fun playing other class legendaries.

Slashlen

All right, got my Dr. Boom crafted.

Worst case he becomes a Dr. Ragnaros with a nerf.

Same here, it's the first card I've ever crafted. I've been hoarding dust to someday complete my card collection, and I figure Boom will be 1600 dust again after a nerf and I might as well enjoy it now. Even if it doesn't, I can't complain too much about a card that went into 7 of my 9 decks.

I really don't understand why they saw the need to nerf miracle. Especially with the way the meta is now, it's like every deck has become either stronger or classes that were lacking now have an aggro deck that works, yet one of the few decks that forced players to make decisions beyond the go for face or trade is nerfed and yet UT is still in every aggro deck.

they nerfed auctioneer because of spare parts.

rogue is in a really great place now, though. still has the best early removal in the game. really having fun with the double sprint board control variant and I'm sure the deck will only improve.

garath

Yeah. So looks like I'm running into a lot more potent decks at rank 20. I've stayed there last 6 matches. Up 2 stars, down 2 stars. I faced a full fledged Warlock zoo deck vs my basic level 5 warlock deck lol. And I still managed to almost come out on top.

Too many good cards. Guess I'll be stuck here for a bit just grinding gold.

Xanathus

Yeah. So looks like I'm running into a lot more potent decks at rank 20. I've stayed there last 6 matches. Up 2 stars, down 2 stars. I faced a full fledged Warlock zoo deck vs my basic level 5 warlock deck lol. And I still managed to almost come out on top.

Too many good cards. Guess I'll be stuck here for a bit just grinding gold.

If you're facing only good decks at rank 20 this late in the season, you're probably encountering people farming for their gold heroes. Try to push through to ~15 and you'll start encountering weaker decks.

johnsmith

remember me
Control warriors are so god damn slow. Just conceding against them at this point. I mean they were always slow, but now they're ridculous.

My Hearthstone is broken :(

Everytime I launch it, it says "You were reconnected to your last game. Resuming..." but does nothing and stays there infinitely, no matter how many times I quit and reopen Hearthstone.

Rockk

Was going to call it a night and decided to buy a pack instead of playing an arena. glad I did since I found a Dr.Boom and Golden Blastmage. Was just thinking of crafting Dr.Boom too.

Not sure who to craft now. None of the GvG legendaries are that good for what I play.

Hylian7

You'll enjoy Naxx more if you try to figure it out yourself, there's not much content otherwise.

Yeah, I just want the cards. It's frustrating I can't play it anything like a normal match and have to basically ignore board control early on and just go for the face.

Xanathus

Yeah, I just want the cards. It's frustrating I can't play it anything like a normal match and have to basically ignore board control early on and just go for the face.

Kelthuzad is easily beaten with zoo-type decks, Zoo Warlock, Shaman with tokens and Bloodlust, even token Paladin or aggro Paladin.

ViviOggi

If you're facing only good decks at rank 20 this late in the season, you're probably encountering people farming for their gold heroes. Try to push through to ~15 and you'll start encountering weaker decks.
If Blizzard care at all about new players' experience they need to do something about this.

caesar

Banned
You have to create a deck specifically for it. Thats the idea, if you can't be bothered just go on hearthpwn and there are plenty you can netdeck.

Mutombo

GvG pretty drastically overhauled the paladin IMO. The hero power is now actually a threat.

Also, I don't understand Recumbobulator (sp?). I mean... eh?

I got excited and crafted 2 hobgoblins. They're unexpected in an aggro druid deck though, which I had fun with on casual.

I actually dusted my only golden big game hunter for that, which I'm noticing I'll be needing more the higher rank I get.

spoon!

they nerfed auctioneer because of spare parts.

rogue is in a really great place now, though. still has the best early removal in the game. really having fun with the double sprint board control variant and I'm sure the deck will only improve.
I'm having a blast with rogue also. Sharpsword oil is so damn awesome.

Did a deckhand, prep, oil, oil combo for 16 damage to face, getting lethal with just a blade in hand at the start of the turn.

Cast it on a mountain or molten giant to heal them right back up. You can also use it on something you threw down for its battle cry, which usually upgrades it to something better (I.e antique healbot is a good one).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
GvG pretty drastically overhauled the paladin IMO. The hero power is now actually a threat.

I got excited and crafted 2 hobgoblins. They're unexpected in an aggro druid deck though, which I had fun with on casual.

I actually dusted my only golden big game hunter for that, which I'm noticing I'll be needing more the higher rank I get.

Don't understand what about recombobulator?

It has a ton of really neat uses when you think about it. The most generic one is making a trade that leaves your minion alive but with low health, then dropping him to effectively heal it. Very strong with Giants or general higher mana minions that are basically always going to turn into a big threat, or just the same minion again. Or you could combo it with something used mainly for the battlecry. Antique Healbot, then recombobulate it and you're very likely to get better than a 3/3 in the 5 mana slot.

Then there's nasty moves like using Shadow Madness and transforming the minion to get around the "end of turn" effect. I think the card is a lot of fun.

NBtoaster

Recombobulator is great on Ancient of Lore, you'are almost guaranteed to get a stat upgrade and it's very likely to be legendary.

Unfortunately the meta doesn't really support fun cards like that at the moment...

If you recumbobulate an enemy minion you cast shadow madness on, you get to keep the transformed unit! It also lets you heal injured giants since they're usually the only cards at their card cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom