• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if another class gets to control a Steamwheedle Sniper?

Can a warlock draw a card while dealin damage to a minion instead of himself?
Can a warrior give armor to a minion?

What happens if another class gets to control a Steamwheedle Sniper?

Can a warlock draw a card while dealin damage to a minion instead of himself?
Can a warrior give armor to a minion?

Man, it would be so OP if the warlock could draw a card while dealing damage to a minion, especially if it was an opponent minion.

Man, it would be so OP if the warlock could draw a card while dealing damage to a minion, especially if it was an opponent minion.
Obviously, but getting a Steamwheedle Sniper with a warlock requires so much luck it won't really make a difference. The only way i can think of is using recombobulator on a 3 mana minion, and there are a lot of 3 mana minions.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Recombobulator is great on Ancient of Lore, you'are almost guaranteed to get a stat upgrade and it's very likely to be legendary.

Unfortunately the meta doesn't really support fun cards like that at the moment...

Recombobulator is pretty good in Priest. Good for Cabal Shadow Priest, a damaged Auchenai, or a shadow madnessed minion you can now keep forever. Handlocks are using it to heal their giants.

FeD.nL

Recombobulator is great on Ancient of Lore, you'are almost guaranteed to get a stat upgrade and it's very likely to be legendary.

Unfortunately the meta doesn't really support fun cards like that at the moment...

I'm using 2 in priest. So many good targets for it in the deck and whatever you shadow madness. Is probably my favorite card of this expansion.

But sea giant is my favorite target for it. 50% chance for Deathwing.

I'm using 2 in priest. So many good targets for it in the deck and whatever you shadow madness. Is probably my favorite card of this expansion.

But sea giant is my favorite target for it. 50% chance for Deathwing.

Is Deathwing worth anything without his battlecry,though?
I thought the only reason people are using it is to clean the board

the problem with recombulator is that there isn't a lot of utility in him. people tend to play a lot of cards with efficient stats so they're never good targets for him since the odds are pretty good you're doing to get something worse. so he may as well be a voodoo doctor for all the good he does. and on his own he's just a 3/2, which is unimpressive.

ZealousD

Is Deathwing worth anything without his battlecry,though?
I thought the only reason people are using it is to clean the board

Well, a 12/12 is better than an 8/8....

the problem with recombulator is that there isn't a lot of utility in him. people tend to play a lot of cards with efficient stats so they're never good targets for him since the odds are pretty good you're doing to get something worse. so he may as well be a voodoo doctor for all the good he does. and on his own he's just a 3/2, which is unimpressive.

A 3/2 is 5 stats for 2 mana, which is the most vanilla stats you can get for a 2 drop. So it wouldn't even necessarily be wrong to play him on curve with no targets. And depending on your target he could heal for a LOT better than a voodoo doctor. He can heal a giant for full. He can save an Auchenai from its 3/1 fate after a circle clear. And if you do run cards with powerful battlecry effects but weak stats (Antique Healbot, Cabal Shadow Priest, Black Knight, Quartermaster, Guardian of Kings, Shieldmaiden, Defender of Argus) the minion can become way more powerful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok.. First arena coming up.. Who should I choose, Priest, Rogue or Warrior?
Don't be devasted by the end results.

A 3/2 is 5 stats for 2 mana, which is the most vanilla stats you can get for a 2 drop. So it wouldn't even necessarily be wrong to play him on curve with no targets. And depending on your target he could heal for a LOT better than a voodoo doctor. He can heal a giant for full. He can save an Auchenai from its 3/1 fate after a circle clear. And if you do run cards with powerful battlecry effects but weak stats (Antique Healbot, Cabal Shadow Priest, Black Knight, Quartermaster, Guardian of Kings, Shieldmaiden, Defender of Argus) the minion can become way more powerful.

a 3/2 isn't great given all the 2/1's. in a slower meta, sure.

and the list you give exemplifies the problem I have with the card. you had to pull cards from 3 classes and 2 of the naturals aren't even in heavy rotation now. most decks don't have enough targets to justify cutting something to include it.

Gatdamnit.
I got kelthuzard and Cairne, but still only managed to get to 6 wins (last loss was me going AFK.)

Now I got a mage run with 3 Flamestrikes, and 3 Unstable portals.

ZealousD

most decks don't have enough targets to justify cutting something to include it.

But that doesn't make him a bad card. There's at least two decks out there that can run him and they get utility from it. And hes pretty damn good in arena for sure, where perfect answers don't always exist and you can use him as a heal.

Bizazedo

How do people feel about Constructed? My participation has been limited this season, but it feels a lot more "to the face" eee....but again, limited participation etc.

Granted, it's been a few months since I played.

Apt101

I put together the most annoying Druid deck, with tons of Naxxramas and Goblin vs Gnome cards, with tons of healing, tanks, and augments. It seems to be working out alright. I just flood the board with annoying minions and keep healing myself. I've had several opponents concede with over half their health - I can only imagine the frustration.

I also barely have any hunter cards but can see why it's a highly desirable hero. Seems like it's hard to lose against another non-hunter unless the RNG is really not in your favor.

How do people feel about Constructed? My participation has been limited this season, but it feels a lot more "to the face" eee....but again, limited participation etc.

Granted, it's been a few months since I played.

it's always that way. win or lose games are quick. decks tend to slow down as you get closer to rank 5. I'm facing way more mid range mage, paladin, ramp druid, control warrior and handlock.

edit: face decks need to be a thing anyway. keeps control decks honest.

rac

Banned
I recombobulated an antique healbot and got a 1/5. Then both my boom bots died and it made him a 7/7. That means I'm good right?

Edit: nvm I just remembered another time it lost me the game cause I got a venture co and I couldn't argus.
He needed that exact recombobulator for lethal.

I have absolutely no idea how to win against Handlock.
Playing GvG pally control.

Basically don't drop them into molten range until you have at least one solid way to deal with molten. You're not really in a rush to bring them below 20hp. I'd stop before 16ish if possible to avoid them getting a tap + hellfire, free molten giant play. Try an reduce the amount of AOE value they can get at all times. And when your aldor something while they still have owls, you kill it if you have minions that can take it out without dying.

I haven't played paladin much in gvg though so I don't know the match up anymore. One thing that tends to help is harrison jones oddly enough cause of jaraxxus' weapon. You also want to have board control before he hits jaraxxus.

Interfectum

Tried a Zoo Beast Hunter last night. If I mulligan Undertaker + 1-2 low cost deathrattles I almost always win. All I need to do is keep the board clear and some face damage until it's time for Dr. Boom and Rag. (dr. boom + feign death = awesome)

dk_

Just got a golden Dr. Boom. Nerf pls for infinite dust.

LxfCR35.jpg

ZealousD

I have absolutely no idea how to win against Handlock.
Playing GvG pally control.

Handlock is a tough matchup. You basically need double silence, humility, kodo at least, plus either black knight or bgh. If you make a giant follow the rules, try to kill it immediately or they'll just use owl or recombobulator to bring it back. Handlocks avoid double giant because they are afraid of equality combos, so they want the game to go slow and bleed you dry with jaraxxsus.

I don't know the matchup perfectly myself. Part of me wants to just go aggro and pray they don't draw moltens.

Volimar

Does hearthstone run okay on kindle fire? My laptop is currently out of commission so I am stuck on my mom's pos tablet until I can get it fixed. Problem is I am on a fixed incomeso it could be a while. I'm already going bonkers without it so I might try to find a cheap tablet to hold me over.

johnsmith

remember me
I crafted a gold dr boom. Totally worth it. The piloted mechs are also really cool when gold. Got 1 from packs, might craft a 2nd.

I'be been bouncing back and forth between rank 4 and 5. The only way I've been able to take Handlocks is with face hunter and rushing them down. With control decks it seems impossible. I can't beat them with my control warrior. I honestly think with the addition of antique healbots that molten giant should go up to 25 mana. I think it's bullshit they can drop a couple of those things then heal up to full life next turn.

JesseZao

Does hearthstone run okay on kindle fire? My laptop is currently out of commission so I am stuck on my mom's pos tablet until I can get it fixed. Problem is I am on a fixed incomeso it could be a while. I'm already going bonkers without it so I might try to find a cheap tablet to hold me over.

It works on an HD7 pretty well. It still pops up saying it's low spec, but it's fine. Haven't tried it on the OG Fire yet.

It runs pretty poorly on my Cyanogenmod NookHD+, but that's pretty old.

Hopefully they'll push out some optimized builds eventually. For now, it's best on iPads (or current Android phones).

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

I've gotten some value out of recomb'ing Paladin recruits in the early game if my draw is otherwise lacking.

garath

Ugh. I just can't do it. Of all the classes I've been leveling to 10, the shaman is by far the worst basic deck out there. The only way I win is if my opponent is just incompetent. Every other deck I've leveled to 10 so far (mage, druid, warlock, hunter, rogue) has had some sort of tools for dealing with masses of minions or at least the big ones. The shaman just revolves around getting minions out which is near impossible if the opponent gets a lead. There's almost no control in the deck at all. It's so frustrating. I just got tossed around by a priest deck that just brought out two northshire clerics, add a ton of health through doubles, etc (one had 18 health at one point) and just draw a ton of cards. By the time I got through them he had a hand of 10 and was just insta nuking anything I brought out. Infuriating. I'm half inclined to just concede instantly a few more times just to get the shaman to 10 and never touch it again.

Ugh. I just can't do it. Of all the classes I've been leveling to 10, the shaman is by far the worst basic deck out there. The only way I win is if my opponent is just incompetent. Every other deck I've leveled to 10 so far (mage, druid, warlock, hunter, rogue) has had some sort of tools for dealing with masses of minions or at least the big ones. The shaman just revolves around getting minions out which is near impossible if the opponent gets a lead. There's almost no control in the deck at all. It's so frustrating. I just got tossed around by a priest deck that just brought out two northshire clerics, add a ton of health through doubles, etc (one had 18 health at one point) and just draw a ton of cards. By the time I got through them he had a hand of 10 and was just insta nuking anything I brought out. Infuriating. I'm half inclined to just concede instantly a few more times just to get the shaman to 10 and never touch it again.

I wouldn't level up against players. Just level up against the AI. Shaman is a pretty good class, no idea about the basic deck. Just don't judge any of the classes based on their basic decks... since... well, they really operate far different than basic decks would have you think.

Also there are f2p decks (all starter cards) that you can use as well. You'll need level 10 first with the class since they include cards you unlock from leveling up.

garath

I wouldn't level up against players. Just level up against the AI. Shaman is a pretty good class, no idea about the basic deck. Just don't judge any of the classes based on their basic decks... since... well, they really operate far different than basic decks would have you think.

Also there are f2p decks (all starter cards) that you can use as well. You'll need level 10 first with the class since they include cards you unlock from leveling up.

Yeah. Not discounting the class all together but the basic deck (including cards as you level) is the worst I've played so far. And you need to level up against players against AI you'd be at it forever.

Yeah. Not discounting the class all together but the basic deck (including cards as you level) is the worst I've played so far. And you need to level up against players against AI you'd be at it forever.

It goes fairly fast even against the AI. Plus you'll have an easier time getting a handle on the class.

Special C

'

You do need to beat every expert AI for the gold if you haven't already.

ZealousD

Paladin challenge is turning into RNG bullshit for me right now...

Paladin challenge is legitimately awful. The deck they give you is so bad. I think Blizzard expected echoing ooze to be a bigger thing than it turned out to be.

garath

'

You do need to beat every expert AI for the gold if you haven't already.

Yeah. Already did that. Only have 3 more classes to get to 10 including the shaman which is at 8. Almost there Lol.

Game is not so newbie friendly at this point. But hey, it's a CCG. Thats pretty par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom