• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The bombs should be random and deal their damage in ones, like Mad Bomber or Madder Bomber.

Boom.

Fixed.

The fact that the bombs are double random seems dumb to me. Random targets and random damage. Sometimes they do nothing, and then sometimes they kill a spider tank. If it truly needs to be changed, I think making the bombs do a straight 2 damage is better.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ben Brode disapproves of your deterministic gaming.

Was doing Mage Dailies. Got a Shaman, another Mage, and a Zoolock.

Switch to Control Warrior to do Warrior dailies.

Three Warriors in a row.

It knows.

ZealousD

Ben Brode disapproves of your deterministic gaming.

Random minion is fine. I'm okay with that. I think randomness should be controlled. Like if the bombs just did two damage, your opponent could play around that. You know what the bombs could and couldn't kill. Randomness for the sake of randomness is dumb. Like crackle is dumb too. I randomly dont have to spend another card to kill that creature. Randomness should encourage interesting setups and thought. The Boom Bots don't do that.

BashNasty

Staments like this only come from people who will never make it very far.
It's not just about winning,it's about winning as often as possible.Every percent of winrate matters.
Orginal deck are not getting you anyway,unless you are really,really good,but chances aren't good enough.
You will either have to switch to something else or your deck will look more and more like the netdecks you apperenly dislike so much.

You're quite right about one thing: the decks I build are not as good as handlock or Control warrior, no doubt about that. This season I'm up to rank 8 with a custom priest deck I build and it's as far as I've ever been. I'm proud of rank 8. I'm sure a lot of people find being proud of rank 8 pretty silly.

But when you say, "it's not just about winning, it's about winning as often as possible. Every percent of winrate matters," well, that's absurd to me. No, this game is not about eking out every percent of win rate you can get, it's about having fun (sadly, I better add "in my opinion" here, I'm sure to many, many people in this thread win rate percentage is exactly what it's about). Hearthstone is a game about coming up with creative decks and pitting them against other creative decks. Unfortunately, the prevalence of netdecking and people's desire to have the biggest win rate percentage they can robs Hearthstone of a lot of its deck building creativity. I still love Hearthstone, but it really does bum me out going up against such similar decks being played in such similar ways time and time again. The occasions I run into other people who have clearly been creative and come up with their own unique decks are always the most fun I have with the game. I love seeing uncommon cards and uncommon strategies, I just wish I saw more of them.

What if Dr. Boom was nerfed to a 7/6? Seems still totally playable but a tad more balanced. Or nerf the Boom Bots to 0/1 so you have to activate them in some manner... Quite a bigger nerf there though.

zoukka

Belcher isn't broken it's just one of the best cards at slowing down face aggro decks. A 3/7 with taunt at 5 cost would be balanced and even better.

It would be a lot worse. The guaranteed double taunt makes belcher so good. It's resistant to hard removal unlike Druid of the Claw for example.

Haly

Yeah. What makes Belcher really strong is that it forces two attacks/spells.

Haly

Also I was totally wrong about Shieldmaiden my new waifu.

What if Dr. Boom was nerfed to a 7/6? Seems still totally playable but a tad more balanced. Or nerf the Boom Bots to 0/1 so you have to activate them in some manner... Quite a bigger nerf there though.

I think that would be a fair nerf. Wouldn't be the automatic include that it is now. Warriors would still run it a lot though.

Haly

That sounds terrible. Guaranteed 6 damage split to 3 against their board is...

Something else.

Basically it's free Multishot, sometimes with a bonus.

That sounds terrible. Guaranteed 6 damage split to 3 against their board is...

Something else.

Basically it's free Multishot, sometimes with a bonus.

I wouldn't say it is as clear cut as that. But it does prevent the bots from putting you into lethal range randomly and makes the card less viable for aggro decks.

Xanathus

It's pretty pointless to discuss nerfing or whatever of Dr Boom when there are much bigger nerf targets still around since Naxx and Blizz is obviously not doing anything about them. They're not going to do anything until it's affecting 90% of the games and Boom has nowhere near that impact.

Haly

I'm ready for Blizzcon boys.
iOjGxqhYfHwFo.png

(Silence on Rag to attack 3/3 Silver Hand Recruit to gain Armor from Smith and eliminate RNG. He drew Consecrate on his next turn.)

Emarv

It's pretty pointless to discuss nerfing or whatever of Dr Boom when there are much bigger nerf targets still around since Naxx and Blizz is obviously not doing anything about them. They're not going to do anything until it's affecting 90% of the games and Boom has nowhere near that impact.

Even that isn't the best metric. Sometimes they change for even less, it seems. I can't imagine Pagle was that high.

Raxus

The game definitely nerfs based on popularity. Seeing as the most played decks are Warrior, Hunter, and Handlock. I assume that Dr. Boom, several hunter cards, and Warlock would be looked at.

I can see a MINOR nerf to Dr. Boom's robots or bumping him up to 8 mana but as he stands he is just the minion control needed to get us out of the hunter slums plaguing the game.

Even that isn't the best metric. Sometimes they change for even less, it seems. I can't imagine Pagle was that high.

Pagle was a staple in every deck RNG or not. He was banned for several reasons

1) He was the strongest turn 2 play with little to no answers. Close to becoming a staple in most decks.
2) The games where both players ran Pagle came down to RNG or who got to draw more. It said nothing of skill hence the nerf bat.

ZealousD

Undertaker and Mad Scientist are the only cards that clearly need nerfs right now. There are other cards that I don't mind if they get nerfed, like Boom, but they aren't a priority.

zoukka

It's in every deck because all the aggro is out of control. Not saying it isn't a great card, but I don't think it is op.

Belcher is so efficient that it's just bad to not play it. Same goes for Dr. Boom. He's probably the most efficient 7-drop in the game. If something is too efficient, everyone plays it and then those cards should be looked at.

ZealousD

I don't think Belcher is any more efficient than something like Harvest Golem. There are just more good 3 drops than 5 drops.

Belcher is so efficient that it's just bad to not play it. Same goes for Dr. Boom. He's probably the most efficient 7-drop in the game. If something is too efficient, everyone plays it and then those cards should be looked at.

I wouldn't mind seeing sludge belcher and UT being nerfed. But I think belcher at least is more of a liability in some match ups and pretty mediocre vs control in general.

zoukka

I don't think Belcher is any more efficient than something like Harvest Golem. There are just more good 3 drops than 5 drops.

You can just ignore harvest golem.

I wouldn't mind seeing sludge belcher and UT being nerfed. But I think belcher at least is more of a liability in some match ups and pretty mediocre vs control in general.

Honestly I'm never sad dropping belcher turn 5. There just isn't a punish for it beyond shadow madness and you having a 5 attack minion...

Celegus

Iron Sensei is so much fun. I have no clue what cards are "hot" or what people use anymore, but I'm really enjoying this rogue deck I put together, though I don't have very many GvG cards yet. It beat the first few zoo decks I've faced, so I'm pretty happy with that at least.

I am sad. I want to play kibler's priest but it runs 1-2 lightbombs of which I have none. Damn epics :(

Also missing dr. boom but I think that is replaceable.

Just gonna run another BGH instead.

Honestly I'm never sad dropping belcher turn 5. There just isn't a punish for it beyond shadow madness and you having a 5 attack minion...

I am often against control warrior since they often (like almost always) have a death's bite out.

JoeMartin

Belcher is absolutely necessary in the day and age of mechaggro-every-class. It's not even a good answer to it, if they've snowballed hard enough. Dr. Boom falls largely into the same category of slowing the game down/forcing removal which I'm also okay with - perhaps a change that makes a tempoboom less damning is fine, so long as it retains it's ability to pump the brakes on the game.

Mad scientists are (still) absurd. Given the slim chance that the trap you pull will negatively affect your game, it's value as a 2 drop 2/2 is obscenely too high.

Mechwarper should probably be changed to something in the vein of PSS. Given the low cost-high value nature of gvg mech synergy, it's way too easy to snowball hard with no particular draw order (god forbid you muli into both mechwarpers).

My problem with the game is not that wombocombo enabling cards exist - they certainly are and should be a part of the game. My problem is when it's possible to put together decks that are value enabling regardless of draw/play order and are then also capable of the wombocombo given ideal draw.

Haly

I think Mechwarper is okay. It promotes overextending. If you're not overextending you're not taking advantage of Mechwarper. If you're overextending you're leaving yourself open to AoE.

It's just the nut draws that make him seem like a problem.

iirate

Okay, legendary crafting time. Here's what's in my current collection:

NEUTRAL
Bloodmage Thalnos
Blingtron 3000
Cairne Bloodhoof
Sylvanas Windrunner
The Black Knight
Dr. Boom
Ragnaros, the Firelord
Ysera

CLASS
Malorne
King Krush
Bolvar Fordragon
Edwin VanCleef
Al'Akir the Windlord
Grommash Hellscream

Okay, so Cairne is gold, and since he isn't played very much at all anymore, I'm considering dusting him for another legend. I'd prefer to round out my base set crafts, since I primarily play arena. Alexstrasza feels like the next big neutral craft, but I could see Harrison for his synergies with Blingtron and general usefulness alone. I'm also considering a class craft legend. As someone who's played a lot of ramp, it's pretty shameful that I still don't have Cenarius. Tirion, Vol'jin, and Neptulon are all tempting as well, but the latter two are GvG so I have a higher chance of getting a freebie of one of them.

Thoughts?

ZealousD

Cairne still isn't that bad. I'd rather keep him for gold shinies and not regret dusting later.

Of course I might be insane, I've been holding on to a golden Velen.

First match against handlock with priest. I have very little priest eexperience but some how I squeezed out a win, even without light bombs, but pulling both BGH was probably the reason I won lol. I even got sylvanas to steal a molten giant which he paid 5 for since I never attacked him once he hit 21 hp. After that happened my attacks brought him to 3-5 hp and even a second molten giant would have been nothing due to mind control and a huge board.

Raxus

Cairne still isn't that bad. I'd rather keep him for gold shinies and not regret dusting later.

Of course I might be insane, I've been holding on to a golden Velen.

Once you get to the point you have a good collection you regret dusting your golds. Trust me.

Hold on to the Cairne. He isn't popular now but he is still really good.

Out of the legendaries you are missing the best ones in the current meta are Dr. Boom, Rag, Sylvanis and Bloodmage Thalnos. Around that order. Gromm is up there if you want to make a warrior deck but you need a WHOLE lot of neutral legendaries to make it viable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dr. Boom gonna be nerfed for sure.
Has Blizzard nerfed a card changing its functionality since the beta? If i remember correctly so far they've only used mana cost as nerf bat.

iirate

Once you get to the point you have a good collection you regret dusting your golds. Trust me.

Hold on to the Cairne. He isn't popular now but he is still really good.

Out of the legendaries you are missing the best ones in the current meta are Dr. Boom, Rag, Sylvanis and Bloodmage Thalnos. Around that order. Gromm is up there if you want to make a warrior deck but you need a WHOLE lot of neutral legendaries to make it viable.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but those are the legendaries I DO have(plus the Naxx stuff).

I know that Cairne isn't bad, but I guess GvG made me realize that I'll never be able to afford all-gold decks as a strictly free-to-play player, so it made me value golds much less than I used to. I might still hold onto him - haven't decided 100%.

ZealousD

Dr. Boom gonna be nerfed for sure.
Has Blizzard nerfed a card changing its functionality since the beta? If i remember correctly so far they've only used mana cost as nerf bat.

Buzzard had a stats change. I don't think text has changed since Pagle/Tinkmaster.

ZealousD

I had a gold prep I dusted long ago because I thought it was a bad card. This was before I knew that Miracle was a thing. Kinda regret that one.

Haly

If it makes you feel better it's not a thing anymore.

RIP in pieces.

gutshot

Question about the Boom Bots and their interaction with Knife Juggler's knives: When Unleashing the Hounds does the Knife Juggler get to throw all of his knives before the Boom Bots' deathrattle effect goes off? Or could they potentially kill the Juggler before he has a chance to throw all of his knives?

Haly

Events trigger, for lack of a better way to describe it, "sequentially" in Hearthstone. So what happens is, a Hound gets summoned, Knife Juggler activates, board state is reevaluated, then the next Hound is summoned.

I would expect that Knife Juggler could get blasted by a bot in the middle of juggling and stop juggling because he ded. But Hearthstone being what it is, I can't be 100% sure of this.

I almost played harrison jones vs a mage when I had 6 mana left but I hero powered instead too fast and sorta regretted it a little bit after. But then next turn he played blingtron and got an assassin's blade.

Im trying to submit a ticket for the arena issue i've been having with zeeo luck.

How do i it? Ive gone to the support site and followed their instructions, but it keeps giving me the run around about browsing support articles without an actual option for sending them anything.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom