• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Im trying to submit a ticket for the arena issue i've been having with zeeo luck.

How do i it? Ive gone to the support site and followed their instructions, but it keeps giving me the run around about browsing support articles without an actual option for sending them anything.

Ugh.

Support page. Scroll down, lower left hand corner.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Whats your issue?

This is what I see after selecting random choices from the drop down menu.
iGOx46Y5qg5rH.png

And clicking "submit a ticket" takes me to a web form to send a message.

Hmm. Ive been on that page and those 3 optiins have never shown up on the bottom.

Edit: Thanks for the help. I chose issue purchasing a product and it popped right up.

Hylian7

Im trying to submit a ticket for the arena issue i've been having with zeeo luck.

How do i it? Ive gone to the support site and followed their instructions, but it keeps giving me the run around about browsing support articles without an actual option for sending them anything.

Ugh.

What's the issue?

Hylian7

What's better than 2 Undertakers? Three. Three undertakers with the power of thoughtsteal.

I had an Imp Master and a bunch of other shit on the board. Then my opponent played that minion that copies one of my minons. He copied my Imp Master. I drew my Cabal Shadoww Priest. Played that, took another Imp Master.

Then I drew Kel'Thuzad the next turn.

Phew, just played my first online match there, only a casual one mind you, but I got extremely bloody lucky.

Wasn't in a good position with my page, and my opponent had a Frostwolf Warlord out with 3 other guys, and I was on low health, so I was really worried that I was going to be my arse kicked. I drew a Mind Control Tech which gave me the Warlord when I played it, turning the game around in my favour, and lead me to win.

Was so bloody lucky with that draw. I get the feel my opponent woulda been utterly gutted if that happened in ranked or arena. Wish I had recorded that.

Wow, zoo players must have their brains drained by the intensive choice analysis of each match they play.

This guy... just goes all face every move, even when I clearly have a board worth removing. Even when I have a 2 damage dagger equipped, he chose not to remove my 3/2 with his 2/2.

I taught him a little lesson in respect by prepping out blade flurry into a 6/6 van cleef on turn 3. Respect my tempo bitch!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just got Mogor the Ogre in a pack.
How can I make this guy work?

He's like Loatheb for minions. You drop him when your opponent is about to kill you with minions. Preferably when you have spell lethal yourself.

So, almost never.

Speaking of Mogor the Ogre, I wonder why his stats aren't higher. All other GvG ogres, kinda excluding the Dunemaul Shaman, have good stats for their cost, but have their 50% drawback. MtG has the same amount of stats as a Boulderfist but his effect still works on himself. The board wide effect really doesn't do anything. I feel like they should of made it where it doesn't effect himself, he has higher stats, or make it where minions can't attack him directly or something.

I know it's a fun card to the kin as say Nozdormu, but I just feel MtG could be a little better to be used.

Special C

The only card that needs nerf IMO is Undertaker. It's just bad for the game. You play an UT game and get a good start and you are unstoppable. Or you don't draw it early and your deck is bad. No card should have that much of an impact depending on when you draw it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The board wide effect is the only reason he exists. You can control it and use it to your advantage, so he can't be too strong.

johnsmith

remember me
Mogor should only affect enemy minions. It's only use I can think of is protection against druid combo. But even for they an antique healbot is better.

egruntz

shelaughz
Speaking of Mogor the Ogre, I wonder why his stats aren't higher. All other GvG ogres, kinda excluding the Dunemaul Shaman, have good stats for their cost, but have their 50% drawback. MtG has the same amount of stats as a Boulderfist but his effect still works on himself. The board wide effect really doesn't do anything. I feel like they should of made it where it doesn't effect himself, he has higher stats, or make it where minions can't attack him directly or something.

I know it's a fun card to the kin as say Nozdormu, but I just feel MtG could be a little better to be used.

He's the Loatheb of minions
Completely disrupts their board play that turn, whereas Loatheb disrupts their spell (hand) play.

Not to say I wouldn't mind him being 1 mana less, but I dont' think he's necessarily useless or overcostly as is currently. I've used him to some pretty hilarious effect.

FeD.nL

Wish he was more like Loatheb, with a battlecry that was more like all enemies have a 50% chance to attack the wrong target next turn. Now he's more Troggzor than Loatheb imo.

I suppose I didn't think about it disrupting the turn. Suppose it doesn't matter if they have removal though. Maybe he'd be better/used more if he was cheaper and weaker. That or a stat line of lower attack, higher health.

Got a gold Gally and a regular. Which should I dust?

I've been a bit of a gold freak lately (almost an entire Control Warrior deck of gold lol), but I'm thinking about dusting the golden one since I probably won't play much Rogue and I'd rather have Golden Toshley or Black Knight. lol

Handlock is the best deck in the game, easily. Antique Healbot made it unbeatable.

I played my rogue deck tonight. Went 7-3 vs warlock overall.

5 were handlock, lost only 1. That 1 loss was very close with mistakes made I believe on my part.

5 were zoo... only lost to 2 of these and of those 2, each had a turn 1 UT opening,
cause the card is incredibly balanced and who am I to suggest that it should start with 1 hp.

edit:
My deck isn't even exactly built to beat handlock, but after facing like 3 in a row I decided to try BGH in the deck but then I never pulled it once, not even a single time anyway.

The way my match up vs handlock normally goes is... weapon up turn 2, play minion on turn 3, buff weapon, kill first drake trying to preserve board as much as possible. Hope I have an answer for the next minion. Somehow bring the warlock to 17ish hp, and then huge weapon + blade flurry. Shade really helps this strategy. And I do have 1 sabotage and 1 spellbreaker to help make the dots connect. Prep + sprint is the real MVP to make this burst possible.

edit2:

My shortest match today against handlock ended on turn 6. I remember it was pretty crazy play order for me.

Turn 2:hero power
Turn 3: shade of naxx
turn 4: goblin autobarber
him: twilight drake
turn 5: sabotage (on twilight drake)
him: mountain giant + ancient watcher
turn 6: prep + sword oil, all face, blade flurry

And that is how handlock is slain!

cvben

ppffft
ppffft
ppffft
ppffft
RAAAAAaaRRe!

A man can only pull so many commons game, quit jerking me around. Sorry , that's how my last 10 or so packs have gone.

Epic Drop

ppffft
ppffft
ppffft
ppffft
RAAAAAaaRRe!

A man can only pull so many commons game, quit jerking me around. Sorry , that's how my last 10 or so packs have gone.

Me too. When I played the game in beta it seemed like every other pack at the very least had something special (an extra rare, a golden, SOMETHING). Ever since I started playing again when gvg launched, every single pack has been like you described.

manhack

So I've been doing arena runs on the EU server on a new account that I started about 2 weeks ago. (my main account is NA)

With arena rewards and the gold awards you get for leveling up characters I actually have a decent amount of cool cards. I managed to open up a golden Dr. Boom as well.

What I have found interesting is that I am leveling up all my characters on Ranked play only and even when I start a fresh character it is fairly easy to beat other players around rank 18-20. This is without many of the "critical" class spells and with making decks on the fly.

I am posting this to give hope to some of the newer players who feel the game is a bit unfair if you are just starting out with no cards. Knowledge of how to build a deck and how to trade for value, which comes from arena runs and general experience, seems to go a long way towards being able to win about 60% of your games even when just starting out.

I still get owned by zoo/handlock/mech mage, but who doesn't these days?

Hylian7

GOD FUCK I am so frustrated.

I just lost a game I clearly had the advantage (board control, HP control, everything) then all of a sudden Deathwing comes out, I never draw either of my Shadow Word: Deaths, or anything to deal with the Deathwing, so he wins just by hitting the face with it when I was at 25 HP. What a fucking joke.

manhack

Holy Crap!

I got Gazlowe in my F2P account and put him in a crappy mage deck that has a bunch of mechs because most of my cards are from GvG.

Anyway, Gazlowe gives me Mimirons head after I cast mirror image and I already had 3 other mechs on the board.

I pray the other mage doesn't have flamestrike and dammit he shoots a fireball...into Gazlowe!

Next turn I summon V-07-TR-0N and clear his board and over next 2 turns take him from 30 to 0.

Definitely wouldn't of been able to do that at higher level play, but that was fun.

Hylian7

Also I tried the Beast out in a priest deck. I hated it, and it didn't work, so I dusted the Beast. Did I make the right decision?

Strider

So I'm thinking of dusting 2 of my 3 legendaries from GvG. One is Mogor the Ogre which is pretty self explanatory... I'll never use it. Trash card.

The other I'm considering is Troggzor. The card itself actually seems pretty good but I haven't tried it out yet. Everytime I need a powerful minion for 7 mana I always go with Dr Boom instead so not really seeing the point in keeping it around at the moment. What do you guys think. Dust or keep? Why?

Also if I dust these what legendary should I craft? Any other good/versatile ones in GvG? I'm still not caught up entirely. Classes I play the most are Paladin, Warlock and Mage. Least played classes are Shaman and Rogue. If none of the GvG cards will be worth it think I will just go with Sylvanas.

caesar

Banned
GOD FUCK I am so frustrated.

I just lost a game I clearly had the advantage (board control, HP control, everything) then all of a sudden Deathwing comes out, I never draw either of my Shadow Word: Deaths, or anything to deal with the Deathwing, so he wins just by hitting the face with it when I was at 25 HP. What a fucking joke.

Sounds like u got #rekt

Xanathus

So I'm thinking of dusting 2 of my 3 legendaries from GvG. One is Mogor the Ogre which is pretty self explanatory... I'll never use it. Trash card.

The other I'm considering is Troggzor. The card itself actually seems pretty good but I haven't tried it out yet. Everytime I need a powerful minion for 7 mana I always go with Dr Boom instead so not really seeing the point in keeping it around at the moment. What do you guys think. Dust or keep? Why?

Also if I dust these what legendary should I craft? Any other good/versatile ones in GvG? I'm still not caught up entirely. Classes I play the most are Paladin, Warlock and Mage. Least played classes are Shaman and Rogue. If none of the GvG cards will be worth it think I will just go with Sylvanas.
The thing most new players don't realize is that Epics and Rares are more important for most decks compared to a Legendary, eg Drakes and Giants for Handlock or Lores and FoN and Savage Roar for Druid. Its more important to look at what cards you are missing from a deck you want to play rather than randomly crafting a Legendary.

Has anyone gotten murloc shaman to work?

I enjoy running it, but it isn't amazing unfortunately. The lack of deathrattles with Murlocs means any AoE just really hurts hard, even with Slitfin... Whereas something like a zoo deck has many minions that are still valuable even if they die (Nerubian Egg, Harvest Golem, Leper Gnome, Loot Hoarder, and so on). I'd add those minions myself, but then it is just a bad version of Zoo. I need to test it some more, but I think I need to put my 2x Jeeves into the Shamurloc deck to get a bit more recovery from a bad AoE.

Strider

The thing most new players don't realize is that Epics and Rares are more important for most decks compared to a Legendary, eg Drakes and Giants for Handlock or Lores and FoN and Savage Roar for Druid. Its more important to look at what cards you are missing from a deck you want to play rather than randomly crafting a Legendary.

True but that doesn't apply to me. I'm not really "new" just haven't played for a while. I have all the rares and epics from classic and almost all of them from CvG through crafting. The only one I'm missing after checking is Kezan Mystic. I may craft one of those now actually... only need 15 more dust. Surely I can come up with that.

JohnCYQ

Been having fun with this mech-based warlock that I kinda put together on a whim:
JHYt86p.jpg

Played 8 games with it and lost 2. (went from R14 (??) to R12 5stars)

Fel Cannon:
>wrecks Paladins/Zoo/Face Hunters quite a bit since it gets a free kill vs any 1-2 health minions and can be ramped up with Mechwarpers, for which paladins don't really have a 1-3 mana answer to besides a minion + Seal of Light or Coghammer. You can usually throw out 1-2 other mechs for the ramp value before they get to kill it off as well.
>Belchers either die with 1 hit (Dark Bomb/Attack + end-turn ping) or gets their slime deathrattle pinged to death for free, assuming it gets played alone vs the cannon.

Power Overwhelming:
>Great finisher, can also be combo'ed with Shadowflame for a full Boardclear vs Deathrattle Minions, or to set up next turn lethal along with a board clear.

Hobgoblin:
>A gimmicky one-of tech card for your 6x 1 attack minions (Annoy-o-tron/Micro Machine/Demolisher). It does hinder your Fel Cannons so you generally don't want to play it until you get 1+ 1 attack minion to combo with.
>Still, a 4/4 Micro Machine (that can still grow), 3/4 Annoy-o-Tron and 3/6 Demolisher makes for really crazy board presence.

Arcane Nullifier X-21:
>Really bad against priest for obvious reasons (well, just Cabal Shadow Priest and Vol'jin). Pretty good against most other classes however:
-Mill Druid can't Naturalize/Swipe/Wrath
-Rogues can't Sap/Backstack/Evicerate
-Mages can't Fireball/Polymorph, and they can't Ping after Flamestrike
-Warlocks can't Siphon Soul/Dark Bomb/Implosion
-Hunters can't Hunter's Mark/Kill Command
-Shaman can't use any of their spells, even the famed Earth Shock that can deal with Twilight Drakes/Divine Shield minions.
-Warriors can't Shield Slam/Execute
-5HP means it doesn't auto die to Drakes/Truesilver/first charge of Death's Bite)
>Obvious Mech Synergy
>Only problem: Can't be used for PO or SF.

Dr. Boom:
>Probably the most-used Legendary in GvG, but still a really good one in this deck. While he technically hinders Fel Cannon's end-turn effect, you probably won't see him survive for one turn anyway, considering all the BGH and removals being run these days.
>Can be combo'ed with Hellfire the following turn (or same turn if you still have the coin) for a finisher, wiping most boards (aside from Handlock) while allowing you to potentially push for Leathal.
>The Bombs can also be used for the PO+SF combo for board wipe and are Mechs (synergy with Fel Cannon)

If you don't like the Hobgoblin/Demolisher stuff, you can probably take them out and replace them with something like 2x Spider Tank and 1x Mechanical Yeti/Enhance-o Mechano. Even KT could work if you think you can consistently set up a board for him.

Disclaimer: Probably not legend-worthy, but still very fun.

The RNG is what balances it, but I wouldn't mind if they changed the taunt bear form to a 3/4 instead of a 4/4

How exactly? All 3 options are good. It's not like other RNG cards that can backfire or give you a lower value than their mana cost. With animal companion, every minion you can get gives you a huge value for its mana cost.

Volimar

How exactly? All 3 options are good. It's not like other RNG cards that can backfire or give you a lower value than their mana cost. With animal companion, every minion you can get gives you a huge value for its mana cost.

Unless you need the taunt or at the least the 4/2 and end up with the 2/4 when you have no creatures to benefit from it. The creature you get is either situationally good, average or not helpful at all. It's definitely a good card, but I don't thinks it is unbalanced.

Raytow

jesus 4 legendaries in 21 packs, that is good right? Volgin, Illidian, the dragon that put a 15 secs time limit to turns and Neptuno(?) are those any good?

ZZMitch

jesus 4 legendaries in 21 packs, that is good right? Volgin, Illidian, the dragon that put a 15 secs time limit to turns and Neptuno(?) are those any good?

Voljin is great. Neptulon is certainly playable in certain Shaman builds. Illidian can be used in Demonlock but doesn't have much use besides that. Nozdormu is fun but not a competitive card.

Hylian7

Voljin is great. Neptulon is certainly playable in certain Shaman builds. Illidian can be used in Demonlock but doesn't have much use besides that. Nozdormu is fun but not a competitive card.
I still don't think Nozdormu should be a thing, given that if you are lagging at all, it is basically a death sentence.

Raytow

Been having fun with this mech-based warlock that I kinda put together on a whim:
JHYt86p.jpg

Played 8 games with it and lost 2. (went from R14 (??) to R12 5stars)
Disclaimer: Probably not legend-worthy, but still very fun.
I like it a lot, except for the sky golems, and hobgoblin which I replaced for another antique heal bot and another piloted shredder, seems like fun tried it and stomped a shaman, wanna try something similar but with demons, need Mal'ganis tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom