• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Toshley is the safe choice. Decent stats and the spare parts can sometimes be useful.

Spells are more scarce in arena, so Loatheb typically just ends up a vanilla 5/5. Not terrible, but not particularly exciting either.

Deathwing is total YOLO.

I was leaning that way too. Went with Toshley and am 3-0 so far.

Deathwing would have been soooo bad with this since I ended up having a slower deck.

JSR_Cube

Grabbed a golden Harrison Jones tonight from a pack. I don't normally disenchant my non-dupes. Any suggestions? I already have some decent Legendaries (Rag, a couple of dragons, Tirion, Lord Jaraxxus, etc.) and just crafted Dr. Boom. I don't have Leeroy, Sylvanus, or the Black Knight. I just figure that the chances of ever getting a golden legendary again are so slim. Paladin and Warlock are my favorite classes.

Xanathus

Grabbed a golden Harrison Jones tonight from a pack. I don't normally disenchant my non-dupes. Any suggestions? I already have some decent Legendaries (Rag, a couple of dragons, Tirion, Lord Jaraxxus, etc.) and just crafted Dr. Boom. I don't have Leeroy, Sylvanus, or the Black Knight. I just figure that the chances of ever getting a golden legendary again are so slim. Paladin and Warlock are my favorite classes.
Don't DE Harrison.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Harrison is very comparable to Loatheb, except you use Harrison when weapons are more of a problem than spells, which is true of the current meta.

I definitely agree about level 2 where your opponent can get lucky and drop 2 big fatties while all you have are level 1s, even level 1s that are good in level 2 are gonna be dwarfed by most level 2 minions. I guess this is where proper deck building and strategy really comes in since I know you can recover from those situations as it has happened to me where I thought I was far ahead but then come level 3 my opponent had much more level 2 cards than I had and had much stronger plays.

Solforge is actually still in open beta according to steam btw. Funny cause they've had 2 expansions so far lol. They have added a proper match making system last I played which was about a year ago. Since then they've added both constructed and draft tournaments. I've played and I like the draft tournament.
I might try it again sometime. I do like where they've been taking Ascension so after a few expansion packs this is probably quite polished by now as well.

rac

Banned
Tapping turn one and two cause I figure theres no way I'm facing a mill rogue at rank 20. I'm playing fucking casual.

IceMarker

Not sure why, but I've had some very good luck lately with this crappy Bloodlust/Windfury stealth-based burst damage deck.

nRoNwV9.png

zoukka

First game in arena: Mage opponent plays apprentice and the 3/3 spellpower minion followed by FOUR 1 mana frostbolts for 4 damage killing all my drops with perfect damage.

Brakara

I definitely agree about level 2 where your opponent can get lucky and drop 2 big fatties while all you have are level 1s, even level 1s that are good in level 2 are gonna be dwarfed by most level 2 minions. I guess this is where proper deck building and strategy really comes in since I know you can recover from those situations as it has happened to me where I thought I was far ahead but then come level 3 my opponent had much more level 2 cards than I had and had much stronger plays.

Yeah, there are ways to mitigate level screw. There are cards that level up other cards, some cards have "consistent" (guaranteed to be drawn at each rank), and you can have large underdrops in your deck (bigger creatures that can trade with higher levelled creatures).

So in practice it's not really any worse than getting bad draws in a game like Hearthstone. But it feels much worse since by the time you get screwed, you are committed to the match, while in Hearthstone you often get screwed before it even starts, which softens the blow somewhat.

Minsc

Gold Member
Once again, I gotta say:

Fuck GvG arena. Shit can swing so much more wildly than before with the power/randomness of the new cards.

Even before, pretty much any arena game where an opponent's early mad bomber destroys your 2-drop for free is almost always a loss.

As this just happened, and resulted in a loss, I can testify to it's truth-fullness! Doubly so if your opponent is a mage and it gets them the initiative they need to have you on the defensive for the rest of the game.

Brakara

^Would love that.

Speaking of Arena, I just met one guy with both Dr. Boom and Alexstrasza. I'll take mad bomber RNG over that shit any time.

zoukka

Man, Lifecoach Warlock absolutely demolishes the meta. LC is the best deck innovator out there, I think midrange hunter was my favourite deck with Miracle.

johnsmith

remember me
Also I've seen 2 hunters running zombie chows this morning, and they weren't even control hunters. What's wrong with these people.

I think druid might be the better mill deck because of grove tender and naturalize being such great cards in the deck. Especially naturalize since you can do some crazy things like mukla and naturalize for only 4 mana.

zoukka

No Sylvannas, BGH or Bloodmage, I can make one of those, are the other two replaceable?
Also how do you play the deck as control?

Sylvanas can be replaced with another good value 6-drop. Bloodmage with loot hoarder or some techy 2-drop like Ooze. BGH is really good in the current meta, everyone plays at least Dr Boom as target so I'd craft one for sure.

Against control, you just try to out-tempo them with the cheap minions and late game you sustain with the warlock heropower.

Ashodin

Dr. Boom is the best investment right now.

Dat fresh season smell

players who are taking their entire turn to play one card

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just faced my first control Hunter.

It looks pretty cool.

bunbun777

Rogue is my least played class but after having some rough warrior losses decided to finish off quest with new rogue deck I whipped up. Iron sensei is a lot of fun, coin mech warper then IS, pally finally deals with the first one when the warper is a 6 6, so I drop another IS, concedes. Hunter trades with me till turn 8, I drop 2 IS with a SI7 on board, concedes.

First match of the season...

Zoo opens with their standard flame imp + voidwalker.

I hero power.

Zoo plays the wolf... things are starting to look bad.

I play autobarber and pass.

He plays a knife juggler and elven archer. Dagger misses barber. What a greedy play btw. He could have traded the voidwalker in for a decent 1:1 trade.

Then I noticed blade flurry was in my hand. The dude totally overcommitted with 0 deathrattles on board.

Then I topdecked a second autobarber allowing me to clear even with voidwalker with blade flurry and saving me 2 hp.

Later he plays doomguard and goes face. Sabotage sitting in my hand for just the occasion + healbot to recover but the match was over before I healbotted.

garath

First arena match. Horrible loss lol. Doesnt' look like this is going to be a successful draft. :(

Oh well. Even if I go 0-3, it's a freebie. I'll know to spend the rest of my gold on straight packs for now haha.

Special C

I average about 5 to 6 wins but today I burnt 600 gold to go 5-12. It ruined my infinite arena runs since right after the end of beta. (Didn't help I burned 1000 on straight packs when GvG released)

My last few Arena matches have been terrible, always going up against Mages with 4 flamestrikes or people who drafted Sylvanis, Cairne or Onyxia.
Guess I'm just not lucky.

I've been pretty lazy about arena lately. I have a decent mage deck currently 3-0 but I haven't touched it in like a week. When I hit 100g I just buy packs cause I know its a decent run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom