• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Is this game's over-reliance on neutrals in fact a design decision to keep people from having multiple accounts fully loaded with class cards? It hit me as I was wondering why people didn't do this with HS (as people are starting to discuss doing this for HotS, due to its structure.)

It's more likely that the account system is designed to maximise monetization. Progamers need to buy heroes/cards for multiple accounts.

I think that depends on how many fat guys he already has, if any. If you got quite a few, I would also go with Cairne.

Road to 12 wins starts here. If you are packed with early drops, it's going to be a killing.

This is what i drafted.

4QyQmUg.png

Hope the low amount of 4 drops i got offered aren't going to be my downfall.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... uh... is it impossible to connect to Battle.net and play this for anyone else? I've been put in a queue loop for about an hour now and even when I can get the stupid client to login I can't even get the GAME to connect because it "times out" and kicks me out.

So... uh... is it impossible to connect to Battle.net and play this for anyone else? I've been put in a queue loop for about an hour now and even when I can get the stupid client to login I can't even get the GAME to connect because it "times out" and kicks me out.

It just went down for me, too.

rickyson1

is there something going on or is there just a random wait?

just curious since I don't really pay much attention to news for this and this is the first time in the month or so that I have played hearthstone that i've personally had a wait

God what a misplay he dropped silvermoon guardian, i have bloodknight in hand instead im dumb pop the shield with ping and kill the guardian... Still won that match but god im slapping myself so hard for that misplay.

Are you replying to me? If that was a Yeti, I would have won the game. Even if that Yeti had BoK on it and had a divine shield to boot. I didn't kill the Sky golem because I didn't want to opponent to know what he would get, so that he couldn't plan around it. In hindsight, if I just run my guy in to kill the golem, I would have won. Because in the end that one card he drew one turn earlier, really saved him.

I just could not recover after the board control shift, as it often happens in Arena, if you lost board control, you've lost the game, unless RNG or your deck has flamestrikes. (or any other board clear/gimmick).

could you have killed it if it was a boulderfist? and they could have easily cast wisdom on one of your minions.

TheChaos0

This is what i drafted.

4QyQmUg.png

Hope the low amount of 4 drops i got offered aren't going to be my downfall.

Hows that's working out for you? You are kinda low on 2 and 4 drops for my liking but you do have 3 flamestrikes safety net.

could you have killed it if it was a boulderfist? and they could have easily cast wisdom on one of your minions.

I could have. The point is, he was dead next turn, instead I eventually lost. And the icing on the cake is that when he killed my Mehcanical Yeti, he got stealth and I've got return your minion to your hand. Which was not useful at all but the stealth gave him another chance to draw another card with Korkon.

I didn't mind losing, it's just really funny how RNG sometimes turns the tide of the match just like that.

I had an arena match where unstable portal produced Neptulon and then a Ragnaros, ;)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is this game's over-reliance on neutrals in fact a design decision to keep people from having multiple accounts fully loaded with class cards? It hit me as I was wondering why people didn't do this with HS (as people are starting to discuss doing this for HotS, due to its structure.)
If you don't have a lot of useful neutrals then anyone who is new will have a very hard time building a deck since they need to get a ton of cards for one of nine classes out of packs.

Hows that's working out for you? You are kinda low on 2 and 4 drops for my liking but you do have 3 flamestrikes safety net.

Went 9 wins. Got unlucky with early draws in some matches 1 match was the Druid had 10 hp left and i had 1 i kept freezing him with chugga chugga so he couldn't hero power but he topdicked Starfire at the end. It is what it is.

Opiate

A lot of the decks I've been seeing since GvG launched have ben super boring; just straightforward uses of mech spam, or (alternatively) just old decks with 1 legendary added in, or something.

I'm finally seeing some interesting decks pop up. My favorite so far is Zetalot's medic mage with the healing gnomes and echo of medivh.

Edit: just watched him pull this combo on a zoo warlock when the warlock had Zetalot down to 8 hp:

Zetalot has Molten giant out that he taunts. Zoo deck muscles through it. Duplicate triggers. Next turn, Zetalot casts 2x Molten Giant + Echo of Medivh + 2x molten giant for a total of 4 mana, then uses his (also echoed) sunfury protector, and suddenly ends the turn with 4 fully health molten giants with 2x taunted. Zoo lock instaconcedes.

Ashodin

Yeah I'm imagining new ideas with some new cards for several days now. I'm thinking of some sort of discard warlock + draw tempo thing.

And yeah, people are still trying to play with what works, or do mech rush + class. (I admit I have been doing mech rush + class because it's interesting to see what works)

A lot of the decks I've been seeing since GvG launched have ben super boring; just straightforward uses of mech spam, or (alternatively) just old decks with 1 legendary added in, or something.

I'm finally seeing some interesting decks pop up. My favorite so far is Zetalot's medic mage with the healing gnomes and echo of medivh.

Edit: just watched him pull this combo on a zoo warlock when the warlock had Zetalot down to 8 hp:

Zetalot has Molten giant out that he taunts. Zoo deck muscles through it. Duplicate triggers. Next turn, Zetalot casts 2x Molten Giant + Echo of Medivh + 2x molten giant for a total of 4 mana, then uses his (also echoed) sunfury protector, and suddenly ends the turn with 4 fully health molten giants with 2x taunted. Zoo lock instaconcedes.

Yeah, mage has been making good use of echo and molten giants. Quite annoying when they managed to get all the right pieces at the right time.

depths20XX

I was having fun with weapon/aggro rogue (whatever you wanna call it) for a while. The huge dmg combos with all the weapon buffs and blade flurry are fun.

I feel like every new season I just try out different gimmicky decks, get to around rank 8-6. Then get bored because I can't hang with the meta.

I wish Zetalot was more popular. He is a good streamer and has made some great decks. I was rocking his Velen deck a few months back and it was really quite fun and surprisingly effective.

I wish Zetalot was more popular. He is a good streamer and has made some great decks. I was rocking his Velen deck a few months back and it was really quite fun and surprisingly effective.

I've tried watching zetalot... many times on mobile... but for some reason his stream and only his stream refuses to run on my phone's twitch app. Everyone else works perfectly.

btw... are login issues fixed yet?

I consider zetalot the premier priest player today. Does Amaz even play priest anymore?

I always seem to catch the end of amaz's stream when he is playing arena.

Kibler also streams priest some.

Everyone else seems to stream either some aggro deck or handlock/control warrior.

I wanna see people stream some non-miracle rogue action!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
30 mins ago Blizz CS said

Certainly picked the wrong day to get over my Unity hate, install it (ugh) for Hearthstone, install the shitty Battle.net client (Diablo 2 life long without needing a Steam-like client). To try a card game to see what the fuss from Magic: Online pros is about.

Certainly picked the wrong day to get over my Unity hate, install it (ugh) for Hearthstone, install the shitty Battle.net client (Diablo 2 life long without needing a Steam-like client). To try a card game to see what the fuss from Magic: Online pros is about.

lol, certainly a bad day to try hearthstone out

EU has been up for me, for the last hour anyway.

These low ranks are ass. When you win, you feel bad because your cards are obviously better. When you lose, you just shake your head and wonder how the fuck that happened. It's my own fault for trying Handlock at rank 20, but how the hell do you play around two MCTs that each steal a taunted Molten and an assload of Divine Shields?

This fucking game, and still we love it.

Ashodin

Finally able to work on my yin/yang discard/draw deck. Testing out in casual now!

hoo boy yeah that was fun, my hand went from 3 to 7 to 3 real quick, I was able to drop drakes when needed then empty my hand. awesome!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Feeling like you got fucked on card choices in Arena makes you wish you just bought packs instead.

As someone relatively new ie has only been playing a few months I'd agree. Feels like I'm better off getting Goblin cards vs Arena's crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom