• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I've been doing as well as ever by sticking to Mage whenever possible. Flamecannon and Snowchugger have given the class an even better opening and an early answer to stealthed minions. Been getting offered less AoE though, so drafts have been dependent on getting ahead turns 1-5.

I've been getting a ton of value out of Ice Lance lately after deciding to try prioritising it more highly on a whim. I think with the addition of Snowchugger, having three "instapick" commons with freeze text - along with Water Ele and Frostbolt -, one decent common, Cone of Cold, and one excellent rare, Blizzard, it can be worth taking a punt on early in a draft. Also potential for Clockwork Gnomes and Mech Yetis to cough up an Emergency Coolant.

tylerf

First time I've ever laddered at the beginning of the month and I've never seen so many golden heroes and all gold decks. Playing a "steal everything" Priest deck which is a lot of fun even though it gets destroyed sometimes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are you playing Priest?

Maybe Control Warrior?

Ugh. That's that. Been running this deck with 82% win rate all of last season. Hit Legend 200, and now I can't get past Rank 15 because the RNG gods have decided to fist me for the last 6 matches. Opponents with near perfect curves, and I've went second every game.

Ugh. That's that. Been running this deck with 82% win rate all of last season. Hit Legend 200, and now I can't get past Rank 15 because the RNG gods have decided to fist me for the last 6 matches. Opponents with near perfect curves, and I've went second every game.

How much of it did you run last season cause 82% winrate seems like top 20 material.

How much of it did you run last season cause 82% winrate seems like top 20 material.

If I had started earlier, maybe. :l I started with Kibler's Aggro mage and slowly adjusted it, so I probably only started tracking this deck mid-December.

Is anyone watching ESL right now? The caster that isn't Frodan is really, really annoying.
Edit: I am now running the stream with volume off. That's how bad he is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yep, I've been doing as well as ever by sticking to Mage whenever possible. Flamecannon and Snowchugger have given the class an even better opening and an early answer to stealthed minions. Been getting offered less AoE though, so drafts have been dependent on getting ahead turns 1-5.

I've been getting a ton of value out of Ice Lance lately after deciding to try prioritising it more highly on a whim. I think with the addition of Snowchugger, having three "instapick" commons with freeze text - along with Water Ele and Frostbolt -, one decent common, Cone of Cold, and one excellent rare, Blizzard, it can be worth taking a punt on early in a draft. Also potential for Clockwork Gnomes and Mech Yetis to cough up an Emergency Coolant.

Flamecannon has been disgustingly good for me in arena, since it isn't too hard to trade off to get rid of the randomness. Works really well with hero power for yetis, and especially lost tallstrider when I see that pop up.

I managed a good run where I picked up antonidas and saw the huge benefit that gets from spare parts. Mech yetis my opponent played frequently cost them the game as I got the stealth card on more than one occasion. Turn 8 antonidas + a turn of stealth...welp.

Your ice lance observation seems nice, I might try to pick it more.

Xanathus

Can anyone point me to a cheap warrior deck that I can use to grind quests?

Here's my list, I switched Harrison to Loatheb to make it cheaper for you :)

qhWE9Uq.png

edit: or here's another cheaper one that's fun
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/106419-neireas-otk-warrior

Quixzlizx

Here's my list, I switched Harrison to Loatheb to make it cheaper for you :)

qhWE9Uq.png

edit: or here's another cheaper one that's fun
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/106419-neireas-otk-warrior

Control Warrior decklists depress me. I have a pretty good collection of classic commons and rares, but only a handful of epics and 1 legendary. I feel like buying packs in hopes of getting those is a bad idea since most of the packs are just going to be dust fodder, but I don't know how I'm ever getting the dust to craft legendaries.

Xanathus

Control Warrior decklists depress me. I have a pretty good collection of classic commons and rares, but only a handful of epics and 1 legendary. I feel like buying packs in hopes of getting those is a bad idea since most of the packs are just going to be dust fodder, but I don't know how I'm ever getting the dust to craft legendaries.

Look at the bottom of my post for a cheaper deck though it takes a bit of skill to play.

Quixzlizx

Look at the bottom of my post for a cheaper deck though it takes a bit of skill to play.

I know, I saw it. It was just general commentary :p

I'll try that other deck out, but I don't know if it's a good quest grinding deck. It seems like the boom or bust type that'll make me stop playing for a week after losing 8 straight :lol

Xanathus

I know, I saw it. It was just general commentary :p

I'll try that other deck out, but I don't know if it's a good quest grinding deck. It seems like the boom or bust type that'll make me stop playing for a week after losing 8 straight :lol

I played it for awhile, it has a decent win rate because people don't expect it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So what does standard Shaman even look like these days? This is what I"m running right now but I feel like I've got a gaping hole on 4 mana. Maybe I should be cutting the Unbounds and a Feral Spirit or something? Put in Argus or a Tazdingo?

5gOmlFi.jpg

So what does standard Shaman even look like these days? This is what I"m running right now but I feel like I've got a gaping hole on 4 mana. Maybe I should be cutting the Unbounds and a Feral Spirit or something? Put in Argus or a Tazdingo?

5gOmlFi.jpg

Defender of argus, argent squire or zombie chow, neptulon

Some have cut lightning bolts in favor for crackle.

I haven't played much shaman post gvg personally though.

I don't know if it's standard, but you could maybe use Dunemaul Shaman. Guess it just depends if you can keep your opponent's board clear. I haven't had much luck with 'em but I haven't tried that much either.

Ashodin

I made a Shaman Ogre deck and it's kick ass!

RNfjizE.png

The dream Shredder pilot

bMbVQXA.png

hnngghhh I had Sylvanas, Rivendare, Dr. Boom, and I stole a boom bot of his as well! It was AWESOME

Rockk

Cut vitality totem for Antique Healbot. I'd cut mana tide totem as well for Argus.

I wouldn't run belchers either. Don't really need that many taunts imo. Al'Akir is fine but I don't really like him. He's too slow. I like second Doomhammer a lot more.

And the last thing to consider is Thalnos. Nerubian egg is still really strong in shaman.

Strider

I have no idea exactly how good this deck is since I've been doing casual and low level (18-16) ladder games but after 10 games I haven't lost with it yet. Essentially you just stall the game out and when you get low on health drop your giants, taunt them up and heal back up. If/When they get through the giants you drop your "finishers" with Dr Boom, Tirion and Alex. It's like Handlock in a way. Here's the list:

Upnv0Vd.png

Kinda a gimmick but it's fun because nobody expects molten giant from Paladin it seems so noone ever plays around it.

Cipherr

Dropping down to rank 24 on my NA-alt. every new season is so much fun. The turn 1 Claws to face really make for a nice change of pace from rank 18-10 Zoo/Hunter.

Yep its so sad. Every time I see a cardback for a month Ill want Ill hop on ranked and do the games from rank 25 to rank 20 only so I get the back then stop. But its so sad man, a bunch of super new players Arcane Missling on turn one with nothing on the board.

You can tell they just played the card simply because it was a 1 mana card with no other thought behind it.

I do however have the respect to do ranks 25-20 with a basic deck at least, so they dont hover over every Legendary and GvG card like "WTF IS THAT!"

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Al'Akir is fine but I don't really like him. He's too slow.

Uh, Al'Akir is anything but slow. He's a win condition with Rockbiter or Flametongue Totem. If he doesn't do anything magical the moment I play him then I don't throw him down.

3 Fire Elementals in a row getting value ZZzzzzz

Not having fun with arena, can't have much fun with constructed since I have like 6 packs worth of GvG cards besides still missing many important legendaries and epics from the base set. Doesn't exactly encourage me to drop money on it either.

Rockk

Uh, Al'Akir is anything but slow. He's a win condition with Rockbiter or Flametongue Totem. If he doesn't do anything magical the moment I play him then I don't throw him down.

Al'Akir is often not played until turn 10 or 11 or even later. That's slow. I don't think GvG shaman can afford that.

Strider

So whatever happened to that RDU guy that was accused of cheating? Whenever I browse twitch I never see him stream or competing in the tournaments.

manhack

So whatever happened to that RDU guy that was accused of cheating? Whenever I browse twitch I never see him stream or competing in the tournaments.

He was streaming this week and was in at least one tournament in the last 3 weeks, but he has definitely been under the radar. I think not being able to qualify for Blizzcon due to his country of origin messed him up a bit.

Volimar

Watching Hafu stream. People kept asking her why she doesn't enter tourneys anymore and she eventually started crying. Apparently she hadn't placed very well in the past few tourneys and people gave her a lot of shit about it so she pretty much just gave up on tourneys. So easy to forget how much shit people spew at you when you are in the public eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom