• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has.

What is even better is she won without choosing Handlock, which was my only problem with her so far.

(Not that she isn't very good at it, just fuck Handlock).

She did play handlock. She beat hyped's rogue deck, which had proven very strong against handlock and hadn't lost a match up til that point, with handlock. She got a little bit lucky though with rag hitting his rag in a 25% chance to win or lose roll.

Also, even though rogue has proven itself again, people will still cry about rogue being weak.

She did play handlock. She beat hyped's rogue deck, which had proven very strong against handlock and hadn't lost a match up til that point, with handlock. She got a little bit lucky though with rag hitting his rag in a 25% chance to win or lose roll.

Also, even though rogue has proven itself again, people will still cry about rogue being weak.

Yes but she chose freeze mage when she had the final option.

Not that freeze mage is anything special, but at least it isn't warrior v handlock or a tapping mirror.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Al'Akir is often not played until turn 10 or 11 or even later. That's slow. I don't think GvG shaman can afford that.

Okay, that's not really what people generally mean when they say a card is "slow". A card is considered slow or fast based on how much power the card gives the moment you play it. So Al'Akir is fast, and Ysera is slow.

manhack

I've only seen one zoolock and no Hunters tonight. Kind of strange that it has only been control Warrior, Handlock, and priest.

Special C

The comments make me glad I just play an even mix of Arena, Causal, and Ranked. The game just doesn't sound fun at the high ranks. I don't usually get past 9. I feel like I probably could if I played ranked more but I really just don't want to deal with playing the same decks over and over.

Xanathus

I see the botters who got banned are now back in the game, met a zoolock with golden portrait but was absolutely terrible at the game and had a bad zoo deck.
edit: oh wait Blizzard stripped botters of their golden portraits, that's weird then

Raytow

I see the botters who got banned are now back in the game, met a zoolock with golden portrait but was absolutely terrible at the game and had a bad zoo deck.
edit: oh wait Blizzard stripped botters of their golden portraits, that's weird then
jesus even this game has botters? why... I understand diablo3 at least when you could cash for items, but this one.

What's the purpose of the mill druid deck? I can understand mill working with Rogue because of things like vanish or sap that can kill a unit (without triggering deathrattles) when the card gets burned, but mill druid makes no sense to me.

You're giving me a ton of cards, and I burn some, but unless my deck is totally dependent on one card for its win condition (which it shouldn't) and I get it burned (which is a low percentage option since it's 1 card), you're still giving me more cards and my cards are better than yours since they aren't there to mill stuff.

Xanathus

jesus even this game has botters? why... I understand diablo3 at least when you could cash for items, but this one.

There used to be a ton because you could farm for golden portraits and the 100 daily gold, but there was a big ban wave a few months ago but the bans expire sometime around now. I haven't seen a botter for a long time.

What's the purpose of the mill druid deck? I can understand mill working with Rogue because of things like vanish or sap that can kill a unit (without triggering deathrattles) when the card gets burned, but mill druid makes no sense to me.

You're giving me a ton of cards, and I burn some, but unless my deck is totally dependent on one card for its win condition (which it shouldn't) and I get it burned (which is a low percentage option since it's 1 card), you're still giving me more cards and my cards are better than yours since they aren't there to mill stuff.
Poison Seeds + Starfall + other AoEs are how you destroy their minions.

Majine

Banned
Didn't people say Mekgineer Thermaplugg sucks?

I've been trying him out, and it may be my luck of opponents, but I found that it's a good way to assert your board control and they don't seem to know quite how to deal with him.

ZealousD

Didn't people say Mekgineer Thermaplugg sucks?

I've been trying him out, and it may be my luck of opponents, but I found that it's a good way to assert your board control and they don't seem to know quite how to deal with him.

He's extremely vunerable to any sort of hard removal, so the only time you can safely put him down is if you can kill a few of your opponent's minions on that same turn. Which is difficult considering he costs 9 friggin' mana. You have to make trades. So it's nearly the same kind of board state you would need to drop something like Kel'thuzad, which is probably still a better card and a better effect.

Handlock has gotten so good thanks to Antique Healbot. You used to be able to get them down to low health, then they'd taunt up Molten Giants, but you could kill the Warlock with some direct damage spells (Fireball, Lightning Bolts, etc). Now, they drop 1-2 Moltens, Taunt up, then heal up by 8. It's pretty gross.

ViviOggi

Absolutely. KT costs 1 mana less, is immune to BGH and is less situational/more predictable because you don't have to kill several enemy minions in addition to having a decent board. He also fits better in control decks, a bunch of Leper Gnomes are only really good in fast decks who can't sacrifice consistency for a situational 9-drop.

And even then KT isn't played much, so go figure.

Ashodin

Yeah imma have to agree that KT is better than Thermaplugg. He is just too much mana. If he was say six mana and a 5/6 maybe...

gutshot

Here, let Kripp explain.

http://youtu.be/dJ7X9kPZpww

RangerX

Banned
Hey everybody. I just started and I must be completely rubbish because I've fought Illidan at the final fight of the tutorial six times and I just can't beat him. Its shameful but I need some tips.

Quixzlizx

I just bought a bunch of classic packs so I could just fill out my collection and focus on grinding gvg packs. Got two legendaries, Grommash (who is the one classic legendary I already own) and Tinkmaster. Needed two Shield Slams, got two Brawls (I already own one of those). Got some shitty unplayable epics. Since I'm never ever going to get a playable neutral legendary from a pack, I think I'm going to netdeck zoo, face hunter, and mech mage 100% of the time from now on and watch the world burn. It's poetic, since Xixo's zoo deck actually uses Tinkmaster~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm up to 1600 dust now, but since I'm fucking legendaries forever, I guess I should just grab epics that are super usable like BGH.

zoukka

Killing minions with Blastmage battlecry feels dirty. And then I trade it for Senjin and my Blastmage is still alive... goddamn Blizz.

JoeMartin

The name is something of a misnomer as the overarching purpose isn't to try to burn cards - that's just an occasional, sometimes-possible bonus of the deck - the real idea is to win in fatigue.

The themes of the deck are A) asswhacks of healing B) aoe/hard removal C) card draw. The idea is that you force your opponent to draw and play more cards than you, all the while healing through the damage, hard removing large threats, and eventually forcing them to fatigue themselves to death (if you can hold forced draw until fatigue, all the better).

It is absurdly strong against control/lategame (and midgame, given a good draw) decks, but generally loses to anything aggro as you've already a poor early game, and forcing a deck that plays all its cards early and often to draw more cards is only going to backfire hilariously.

ZealousD

The name is something of a misnomer as the overarching purpose isn't to try to burn cards - that's just an occasional, sometimes-possible bonus of the deck - the real idea is to win in fatigue.

Uh, no, that means the name is still accurate. The original purpose of millstone in Magic was to get your opponent to draw through their whole deck so that you win that way. If somebody went through their whole deck in Magic, they just lost. There was no "fatigue". If you didn't get your opponent to draw through their whole deck, then millstone effectively did nothing.

Quixzlizx

Now that I've ranted, I do want to make a point. Everyone complains that everyone plays zoo and hunter, but 80% of midrange/control decks require 2+ legendaries and 2+ epics, so cheap aggro decks are the best to play if you don't have a full collection.

Pachimari

I just added you. You should see requests both ingame and in the client. It's Marialtha#2530 right?

Request sent

Can you add me too? I could use more friends. My BN name is kobrazer0#1646 Also i just learned that the number you get is part of your name, weird.

Thanks guys.

I'll accept all the requests as soon, as I can restart my computer, because for some reason Battle.net don't wanna start up.

JoeMartin

Uh, no, that means the name is still accurate. The original purpose of millstone in Magic was to get your opponent to draw through their whole deck so that you win that way. If somebody went through their whole deck in Magic, they just lost. There was no "fatigue". If you didn't get your opponent to draw through their whole deck, then millstone effectively did nothing.

I appreciate the analog to its namesake but the intention of milling cards is not the same in function nor intention, specifically because, as you've mentioned, fatigue was not a thing, nor is there a card in hearthstone which outright burns draws.

Now that I've ranted, I do want to make a point. Everyone complains that everyone plays zoo and hunter, but 80% of midrange/control decks require 2+ legendaries and 2+ epics, so cheap aggro decks are the best to play if you don't have a full collection.

Control is nearly always more expensive in CCGs, that's just the name of the game.

The hyper-aggro meta is just more obvious in an online game, especially one with as many players as Hearthstone. Most of the time if you play a physical game you'll only be playing people you know or players at your FLGS, you'll all be around the same income/dedication level so the playing field is roughly the same. In this game, you're competing against everyone. Hearthstone is still cheaper than most other CCGs though.

And you don't need a full collection, my collection has some pretty big gaps but I'm able to play most decks. I generally dust crap rares and epics though.

Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler made a point that what makes HS expensive is that you need several decks to compete at the highest level because of the prevalence of Last Hero Standing rules. I'm looking forward to the tourney he's going to run because it's going to be single decks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you guys think something with just the card text "can't be silenced" would be op? Like a 2 mana 3/2, and then you can toss a ton of buffs on it.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Why? Explain to me why I should bother against zoo if I got screwed with nothing but 4+ drops in my hand? I obviously lost already.
Exactly. Why waste the time, especially it's likely the zoo will bm and burn rope while spamming your soul shall suffer.

Efficiency yo.

Zeroth

Do you guys think something with just the card text "can't be silenced" would be op? Like a 2 mana 3/2, and then you can toss a ton of buffs on it.

The cost would need to be a bit higher, I think, if it's a neutral card. Overall I feel it wouldn't be that big, because its high cost would mean you have to play it with something useful in order to actually make use of it.

ACE 1991

Give or take a card or two, it's pretty much the standard agro Hunter post GvG, and it's very strong

The deck is strong.

I'd take out a bow for a hyena or knife juggler to go with the snakes.

Given that, also a houndmaster for the sludge.

ohhh it's everywhere. Just at higher ranks though.

Any tips on being more consistent with it? Basically if I don't get good board control by turn 3 I'm finding I'm pretty screwed. someone coins something out and kills my buffed up undetaker and it's gg. I'm liking the idea of bow for knife juggler, may try that.

Mirimar

Hunter dailies today and I feel really dirty running this deck..wow, I just noticed I'm not running any 5 drops, lol. Actually have no idea why Bloodmage is in there but for undertaker buff and card cycling. 1 extra dmg for kill command hasn't meant much. Thinking about it, out of 4 games I've won, I haven't even used a kill command. Kind of weird, actually.

DjzqZVG.jpg

ACE 1991

Hunter dailies today and I feel really dirty running this deck..wow, I just noticed I'm not running any 5 drops, lol. Actually have no idea why Bloodmage is in there but for undertaker buff and card cycling. 1 extra dmg for kill command hasn't meant much. Thinking about it, out of 4 games I've won, I haven't even used a kill command. Kind of weird, actually.

DjzqZVG.jpg

Any tips? Our decks are somewhat similar... I just cant win games.

Quixzlizx

Control is nearly always more expensive in CCGs, that's just the name of the game.

The hyper-aggro meta is just more obvious in an online game, especially one with as many players as Hearthstone. Most of the time if you play a physical game you'll only be playing people you know or players at your FLGS, you'll all be around the same income/dedication level so the playing field is roughly the same. In this game, you're competing against everyone. Hearthstone is still cheaper than most other CCGs though.

And you don't need a full collection, my collection has some pretty big gaps but I'm able to play most decks. I generally dust crap rares and epics though.

Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler made a point that what makes HS expensive is that you need several decks to compete at the highest level because of the prevalence of Last Hero Standing rules. I'm looking forward to the tourney he's going to run because it's going to be single decks.

When I played M:tG, I could trade for/buy singles.

Mirimar

What matchups have you been having? Against other hunters and other agro, I've been keeping Eaglehorn, and at least a 1 drop with 2 attack. Dropping a 2/1 turn 1 seems to stop a lot of people dropping their undertaker.

I've also had really good curves each game.

I've played 3 hunters and 1 control mage so far. I'm pretty sure if I get behind with this deck, there isn't much come back potential. It seems to play really aggressive to me.

Take out Snake Trap if you're not using Jugglers. Replace Bloodmage with a Loot Hoarder or something. Also maybe put in Jeeves? I'm not sure why you're running Deadly Shot and Boom with no card draw to survive that late in the game.

Mirimar

Take out Snake Trap if you're not using Jugglers. Replace Bloodmage with a Loot Hoarder or something. Also maybe put in Jeeves? I'm not sure why you're running Deadly Shot and Boom with no card draw to survive that late in the game.

It's been playing as a really aggressive deck. Works really well against other agro. Late game is a problem, but all I've been running into has been agro today, haha.

I think I'll fit in 2 jugglers in there. Take out Thalnos and 1 other thing. It was just something I threw together just for dailies. I don't play hunter often.

Thalnos was an after thought. Thought it'd be funny to drop as a hunter, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom