• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Dr. Boom. If he gets nerfed (and he will, eventually), you'll get the dust back in full and be able to craft something else.

Otherwise, I'd pick one from
Ragnaros the Firelord (guaranteed to hit something)
The Black Knight (kills big creatures with Taunt automatically, which is good at low ranks and still useful in some metas),
Sylvanas Windrunner (steals a random minion unless Silenced, stats are okay) or
Harrison Jones (destroys a weapon and draws you cards = how many charges the weapon had left, very good atm but falls in an out of favour).

Cairne Bloodhoof used to be top tier, but I would not advise crafting him atm. He can't kill a Sludge Belcher, and he's vulnerable to the Shrinkmeister/Cabal wombo combo. Don't dust him if you get one though.

So if Dr boom gets nerfed i can get the 1600 dust i spent to craft him back? Really? Man i hope that happens because after some careful consideration Ragnaros the Firelord just seems more useful overall.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can't get above rank 19 with the aggro hunter deck... Idk what is wrong with my play, every player has answers to 100% of my early game attempts to get board control so I lose always.
What do you run? I have had pretty good luck with this deck, a variation of a really cheap deck by trump:
hunter122714.jpg

People always seem to say dump ooze, but I personally get a ton of value with it. Being able to even just burn a 1 durability 3 damage weapon is often a big help.

Glavezooka is a wonderful weapon, buff a minion and allows you to get board control. I use it almost exclusively on enemy minions unless I'm going or setting up for leathal.

So if Dr boom gets nerfed i can get the 1600 dust i spent to craft him back? Really? Man i hope that happens because after some careful consideration Ragnaros the Firelord just seems more useful overall.

When a card is nerfed and you then disenchant it, you get back the full dust value it would cost to craft the card. If you have the gold version, then it's CHING CHING BAY-BEE! I pulled a gold Eaglehorn Bow the day after it was nerfed, got 800 dust. I crafted Voi'jin from the dust I got from two gold Flares when they nerfed that.

When Leeroy Jenkins was nerfed, I got a Black Knight. First game I drew him, he killed an Ironbark that had had Mark of the Wild casted on it.

TP17

Yep. It's probably always best to disenchant at this time too. Then you can wait to see if it does make the card unplayable - if it doesn't you still have the full dust to re-enchant it and if it does you can then enchant whichever new legendary is flavour of the month.

Levi

Banned
My wip Mage deck. Started as a budget control netdeck but I've been replacing cards as I find one that look like they are better.

K3MzGCs.jpg

My legendaries (minus a class legendary for Rogue for when I get around to learning that class).

Minsc

Gold Member

I still feel Rag is really not as good as it looked on the opponent's board that game when you lost, when it's in your hand.

It was the first legendary I crafted myself, and it generally underwhelms me since it's so RNG dependent. When you need it to clear some big minion it misses (hits some 0/2), when you want to recover from Aggro it's near-useless, when you want it to hit face it misses too. At least with Dr Boom, it comes out a turn earlier, and having the 3 minions that can attack is so much more useful (Flametongue Totem / Savage Roar / targeted attacks).

Even better then Troggzor?

I got that from a GvG before Boom, and I'd say for sure yes. Troggzor is only 6/6, so if you're behind it's completely worthless. It's a good card for if they have no board, but if they have anything generally it's not too resilient.

I'd put Troggzor in the same tier as Ysera, he's a "win more" card. He's good because he basically forces your opponent to trade, but if you're behind he's not that hard to play around. The fact he doesn't die to BGH is probably his biggest strength.

Troggzor? I have seen that card like twice since release and I would bet one time was from unstable portal and one time was from control warrior just trying it out.

Dr. Boom? What class, deck, or deck archetype haven't I seen it in?

...Freeze mage? Maybe....

It fits in aggro decks, midrange decks, control decks... it is more ubiquitous than sylvanas ever was and that card was nerfed for being used too often at 5 mana.

I took boom out of my ramp druid deck because he was the only bgh target. put in Sneed's and it's going a lot better. it's a sticky minion so he has pretty good savage roar synergy and I was running any other 8 drops anyway.

So no point at all to having more than 2 cards of any type correct? dust the extras?

Correct. But, if you don't plan to use the dust right away, never disenchant your cards. If a card is nerfed later on, you can disenchant it then for bonus dust. So say you disenchant your two extra copies of a common card today and get 10 dust goal. If the rare chance that your cards are nerfed later occurs, you can disenchant and get 80 dust instead.

I have tons of duplicates I've never disenchanted because I don't need the dust yet, but some day I can hope that a big nerf hits some of these duplicates and I can reap the benefits.

Special C

When a card is nerfed and you then disenchant it, you get back the full dust value it would cost to craft the card. If you have the gold version, then it's CHING CHING BAY-BEE! I pulled a gold Eaglehorn Bow the day after it was nerfed, got 800 dust. I crafted Voi'jin from the dust I got from two gold Flares when they nerfed that.

When Leeroy Jenkins was nerfed, I got a Black Knight. First game I drew him, he killed an Ironbark that had had Mark of the Wild casted on it.

I didn't DE my Leeroy when it was nerfed. It was still playable in Aggro Paladin at the time. Then I pulled another one in a pack 2 days after the point where I could full dust him =(

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I still feel Rag is really not as good as it looked on the opponent's board that game when you lost, when it's in your hand.

It was the first legendary I crafted myself, and it generally underwhelms me since it's so RNG dependent. When you need it to clear some big minion it misses (hits some 0/2), when you want to recover from Aggro it's near-useless, when you want it to hit face it misses too. At least with Dr Boom, it comes out a turn earlier, and having the 3 minions that can attack is so much more useful (Flametongue Totem / Savage Roar / targeted attacks).

Interesting.....maybe i have watched too many funny hearthstone videos where rag has hit the enemy hero for the win. What would you say it's a solid legendary to craft in case Dr. boom gets the nerf stick?

Interesting.....maybe i have watched too many funny hearthstone videos where rag has hit the enemy hero for the win. What would you say it's a solid legendary to craft in case Dr. boom gets the nerf stick?

Really depends on your deck. Right now Dr. Boom is a safe pick cause it fits in almost everything but the most fringe decks that don't run any minions at all which is mostly freeze mage atm.

I don't think dr. boom might fit in a burn shaman, for example, but since burn shaman isn't really a thing, I wouldn't worry about that.

Minsc

Gold Member

Definitely a solid legendary, obviously it's always hitting something for 8 when you play it. With Rag you have to worry a lot more about what happens after you play it than Boom. I've seen people Faceless my 7/7 Boom after I play it, if it had been Rag I threw down and had it hit them in the face for 8, my opponent's newly made Rag could kill what I thought was going to win the match for me, and now cause me to lose myself if I didn't draw a hard removal after playing Rag the turn before.

garath

Correct. But, if you don't plan to use the dust right away, never disenchant your cards. If a card is nerfed later on, you can disenchant it then for bonus dust. So say you disenchant your two extra copies of a common card today and get 10 dust goal. If the rare chance that your cards are nerfed later occurs, you can disenchant and get 80 dust instead.

I have tons of duplicates I've never disenchanted because I don't need the dust yet, but some day I can hope that a big nerf hits some of these duplicates and I can reap the benefits.

Good stuff. Thanks. :)

Hylian7

My daily today was to win 5 matches as Priest or Paladin. I hadn't had much success with Priest, so I built a Paladin deck and tried this.

GiOEClI.png

It has actually worked pretty damn well so far.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Really depends on your deck. Right now Dr. Boom is a safe pick cause it fits in almost everything but the most fringe decks that don't run any minions at all which is mostly freeze mage atm.

I don't think dr. boom might fit in a burn shaman, for example, but since burn shaman isn't really a thing, I wouldn't worry about that.

I like to play druid like a lot, that and mage. If Dr. Boom does get hit with the nerf i'll consider getting artonidas for mage or maybe craft the druid legendary.

Still the king.

The moment Reynad became pure NaCl.

That guys seems like such a douchebag, seriously. My perception was only more confirmed when i learned that he got banned from Magic for cheating.

Definitely a solid legendary, obviously it's always hitting something for 8 when you play it. With Rag you have to worry a lot more about what happens after you play it than Boom. I've seen people Faceless my 7/7 Boom after I play it, if it had been Rag I threw down and had it hit them in the face for 8, my opponent's newly made Rag could kill what I thought was going to win the match for me, and now cause me to lose myself if I didn't draw a hard removal after playing Rag the turn before.

Yeah what you're saying makes sense.....maybe i'll just get a class legendary if the nerf stick hits.

Strider

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That gold portrait will be mine!

6J3H9OO.png

Anyone here have multiple gold portraits? Think I'm gonna go for Mage whenever I finish this one.

Hylian7

NzFU4Sm.png

Am I stupid and missing something?

It says "When your hero takes damage"

So I used this, equipped a weapon, attacked an 8 attack minion, took 8 damage....and nothing happened. What the fuck.

Hearthstone deck tracker somehow got better. It always had a replay viewer, but it was kinda janky and didn't really relay the information well. But now... the guy added a visual component you can use to pretty much watch the game happen the way it was played. You even see what card your opponent drew and when. I think the only thing you don't see are cards that were never played and the mulligan of your opponent. Here is a screenshot of the replay tool now.

hs_deck_screen.png

Hylian7

Every time I go to arena and finish drafting I always feel like I regret it. Yet I keep going back. I didn't see any 1 mana cards show up until after like 20 cards...

Bah, double posted by accident

Anyway, hearthstone deck tracker download : https://github.com/Epix37/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker/releases

That guys seems like such a douchebag, seriously. My perception was only more confirmed when i learned that he got banned from Magic for cheating.

He is generally a nice guy. Sure there are a couple videos where rag really fucks him over and that is far from the only one. I've seen tons of streamers react harshly to bad RNG. Reynad is just known for it though. People love to point out his saltiness and it doesn't even really bother him.

He got a temporary ban from magic for some stupid shit when he was a younger and they coerced a confession out of him. I actually believe that happened cause when you're young and being accused of something bad and you're given the option to contest it or admit to it and take a lighter punishment, its hard to stick by what you know to be true especially when the odds are that stacked against you to begin with.

Recycle is pretty damn cool. I've been messing around with my own version of ramp which replaces wild growth with grove tender (hence the obvious name would be Grove Ramp or Grove Tender Ramp).

I played a match against face hunter where recycle would have just flat out won me the game except he got a cloakfield off his clockwork gnome. But recycling a highmane just would have been a win.

The Grove ramp itself focuses on 5 drops since ideally grove tender on turn 3 jumps me to 5 mana on turn 5. I still have a second 3 drop (spider tank atm) and 4x 4 drops (2x chillwind yeti, 2 keepers). I don't have dr. boom so the deck is obviously not complete and I chose rag over cenarius along with all the ancients for my end game (sylvanas + TBK a given).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My god I made the other guy give up fast. Turn 1 Avenge, Turn 2 coin into Muster for Battle, they killed one of my guys and he surrendered. Its arena, you shouldn't give up that easily!

Edit: And now in game 3, me and a Paladin are in a top deck battle that has been going for a good 10 turns. Finally won with a bit of RNG, Mad Bomber hit him for the face the 1 time I needed to secure the game.

Special C

Those were the days, Tinkmaster and Nat Pagle were in every deck, Warsong Commander gave EVERYTHING Charge (Giants Warrior was a thing), Novice Engineer was a 1/2 and Pyroblast and Mind Control were 8 mana.

Is there a resource that shows all old versions of a card? It would be interesting to see how some cards used to work. I think the first Nerf that happened when I was playing was Dark Iron Dwarf

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a resource that shows all old versions of a card? It would be interesting to see how some cards used to work. I think the first Nerf that happened when I was playing was Dark Iron Dwarf

The hearthstone wiki works, though you sometimes need to dig a little.

Some of the old stuff sounds hilarious. Alexstraza + 0 mana charge...really. Didn't realize Twilight Drake used to be Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each card in your hand either, that's fucking nuts.

The hearthstone wiki works, though you sometimes need to dig a little.

Some of the old stuff sounds hilarious. Alexstraza + 0 mana charge...really. Didn't realize Twilight Drake used to be Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each card in your hand either, that's fucking nuts.

The alexstrasza charge thing was pretty broken. Equip gorehowl, pass, alexstrasza, charge, all face for the potential to 30-0 that turn.

Also broken was dropping into molten giant range, playing warsong commander (which gave all minions summoned charge), then playing molten giant for free, hit face, bounce with brewmaster, replay, bounce with brewmaster, replay, play second molten giant...

So you get 3 giant hits to the face, plus 2 brewmasters = 30 damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom