• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rac

Banned
I don't understand why Bloodmage Thalnos is a legendary when Loot Horder is a common. They are the same card except Thalnos has 1 less attack and +1 spell damage.

+1 spell damage is way better than 1 attack though.

edit: actually i guess thats deck dependent, but I don't wanna think about how strong some decks would be with two thalnos.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Even if he's a legendary Blizzard still tend to keep them inline with other cards regarding stats, and just make them more unique. Thalnos is probably the most plain of them, though.

The ones that are buffed up always have a drawback, like Millhouse being a 4/4 for 2, or Mukla being a 5/5 for 3. Dr. Boom is one of the only cards I can think of that is so clearly superior to other cards in the same slot through stats.

Even if he's a legendary Blizzard still tend to keep them inline with other cards regarding stats, and just make them more unique. Thalnos is probably the most plain of them, though.

The ones that are buffed up always have a drawback, like Millhouse being a 4/4 for 2, or Mukla being a 5/5 for 3. Dr. Boom is one of the only cards I can think of that is so clearly superior to other cards in the same slot through stats.

Deathwing is far ahead of the curve just based on stats. Should be a 10/10 at best.

Uh, but of course his Battlecry is a factor too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A legendary 2 drop that's "too good" quickly becomes auto include in every deck. See: Nat Pagle

A legendary 10 drop that's "too good" will still only fit in a fraction of decks that can get to turn 10+.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While I'm not too sure how playable the cards are, at the very least this pack is good dust foder if nothing else:
goodpack150105.jpg

Constantly getting lorewalker cho from shredders for some reason. It's not bad with the deck I'm running, but it does make the game really awkward for a couple of turns

Brofist

Constantly getting lorewalker cho from shredders for some reason. It's not bad with the deck I'm running, but it does make the game really awkward for a couple of turns

Does seem to happen often. Most of the time it screws me up.

The worst was earlier today, I killed a shredder with Implosion that spawned an Unstable Ghoul. "That was a mistake"

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
pIk9WHc.png

I made a shitty druid mech deck guys! The poorly thought idea behind this deck is to get your big minions as soon as possible with inervate and try to regain health with 2 healbot. Honestly i would put some ancient of lore or maybe ancient of war in there but i simply don't have those card so this will have to do. Having a lot of big minions can be a real plus since your enemies basically wastes his removal on something like mech bear cat and then i can safely use my sneed. It actually works pretty well so far.

pIk9WHc.png

I made a shitty druid mech deck guys! The poorly thought idea behind this deck is to get your big minions as soon as possible with inervate and try to regain health with 2 healbot. Honestly i would put some ancient of lore or maybe ancient of war in there but i simply don't have those card so this will have to do. Having a lot of big minions can be a real plus since your enemies basically wastes his removal on something like mech bear cat and then i can safely use my sneed. It actually works pretty well so far.

Pretty much any druid deck with random minions can potentially win when you include 2x savage roar :)

johnsmith

remember me
Pretty much any druid deck with random minions can potentially win when you include 2x savage roar :)

It's significantly weaker without force of nature though, which is the reason double combo druid has stayed viable forever while nobody really plays bloodlust. It lets you win games you have no business winning. Makes you feel like a scumbag.

joPp8RW.png

johnsmith

remember me
I should remove savage roar because i only have one force of nature.

No, keep them. I would remove both antique healbots and add it in, along with something else. With no ancient of lores you have no card draw, so your plan should be to end things as quick as you can.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
No, keep them. I would remove both antique healbots and add it in, along with something else. With no ancient of lores you have no card draw, so your plan should be to end things as quick as you can.

Wait a minute after dusting some crap golden commons i have enough for another force of nature! Damn gonna try it now....Thanks!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

I just killed a warrior in turn five. First i used two innervates to put my 6 mana mech bear in turn two and after i put some minions in the board i finally used my savage roar to finish him off. Not gonna lie it felt good, i basically stumbled into the dream starting hand.

If you have enough good cards you don't really need to run two force of natures, but both force of nature and savage roar are good enough cards to play solo when you're in a pinch so it's not bad to put in double. I got rid of one of each so I could get two spider tanks into my deck, and I'm having a way easier time. Using force of nature to get better RNG on triggering an enemy sylvanas is also pretty decent.

Also, either card can potentially burst for a win even without the combo, because force of nature leaves enough mana for a swipe or keeper followup and savage roar works with anything on the board.

I got rid of my druid of the claws, though. At 5 mana I'd rather play belchers/loatheb or innervate out an ancient or Dr.Boom, and it's not that efficient at being a charger or a taunt.

johnsmith

remember me
I like running double combo because it lets you use one copy to trade up big time with savage roar, or to use a force as removal.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I whined about this earlier, but I really hate ragnaros, I'm seeing it way more often. Using a druid, feel completely helpless to this character, it's such a ridiculous card.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, everybody should be running BGH right now. Everybody is running Dr Boom, and zoo is doing sea giants again. It's only useless against hunter, and I've even seen them use dr boom.

Yeah, everybody should be running BGH right now. Everybody is running Dr Boom, and zoo is doing sea giants again. It's only useless against hunter, and I've even seen them use dr boom.

Only thing Shaman has you can use it on is a buffed fire elemental though. That or Neptulon (lol). Besides Dr. Boom.

What's a good shaman deck to run right now? I dug up my old post-naxx pre-GvG deck and it's hard goings on the ladder. Luckily it was a shaman or warlock daily so I got 3 quick wins with a shitty zoo to finish it. I love seeing undertaker in my opening hand and knowing that I've got like atleast an 80% chance of winning.

If you play hunter and don't run king krush you are doing it wrong.

Why bother when you're guaranteed to get it from webspinner?

But really, it's too expensive to be useful in a hunter deck, the high health is meaningless because you don't need it to stay on the board, and you can't cast kill command or houndmaster on the same turn. You might as well run leeroy at that point if you have trouble finishing with hunter (which you really shouldn't)

But really, it's too expensive to be useful in a hunter deck, the high health is meaningless because you don't need it to stay on the board, and you can't cast kill command or houndmaster on the same turn. You might as well run leeroy at that point if you have trouble finishing with hunter (which you really shouldn't)

It is all about the entrance animation swag.

zoukka

Rush hunters used to but since the advent of Undertaker most have found it to be useless when they can just power up undertaker to a 5/6 almost in the same amount of time.

No they didn't. I have never seen KK in constructed outside of webspinner.

Lyng

Sounds bad :b

Like most gimmicky decks it worked when you got a good starting hand. And KC was meant to be the big finisher. But when you got him earlier he was crap.
But yes it was not consistent enough to be viable at high ranks. :) So yes bad :p

King Crush was actually my first legendary and also the first i dissed. Crap card and really doesnt fit the playstyle of the hero.

Speaking of bad cards to put in decks, why are zoos running sludge belcher? Is there some sort of new warlock meta out?

If you're playing it on turn 5 instead of a 2+3 or 2+2+1 or a dwarf + 1 or a doomguard you've probably already lost, and if you play it on a turn after 5 it's not going to help you win. I played against two warlocks running it today and it lost them the game both times.

Lyng

Speaking of bad cards to put in decks, why are zoos running sludge belcher? Is there some sort of new warlock meta out?

If you're playing it on turn 5 instead of a 2+3 or 2+2+1 or a dwarf + 1 or a doomguard you've probably already lost, and if you play it on a turn after 5 it's not going to help you win. I played against two warlocks running it today and it lost them the game both times.

Netdeck players showing their deckbuilding "skills" I guess?

Leezard

I recently experienced this as well. It was a typical zoo opening on turn 1/2, then he passed on turn 3 & 4 and played a sludge belcher on turn 5, after which he promptly lost. I have no idea what that was about.

gutshot

I'm running King Krush in my hunter deck and he's been working for me. He lets me safely use KC as Belcher removal since I know I still have some big burst waiting in my deck. Even if I can't burst for lethal with him, if I can get the opponent low enough, it puts them in an awkward spot where they have to deal with the big threat while also healing up. Plus no one expects him, which might be the ultimate reason why he works right now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm running King Krush in my hunter deck and he's been working for me. He lets me safely use KC as Belcher removal since I know I still have some big burst waiting in my deck. Even if I can't burst for lethal with him, if I can get the opponent low enough, it puts them in an awkward spot where they have to deal with the big threat while also healing up. Plus no one expects him, which might be the ultimate reason why he works right now.

If you need burst as a finisher, Leeroy and hero power does the same amount of damage for 2 less mana. Krush has to stay on the board for him to be worth it.

Was having a great arena run until I got stopped at 8 wins by a paladin with Deathwing. Zzzz

Not that I can really complain too much. Pulled a (shitty) epic from the pack.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, there really is a ton of bar filling in Hearthstone. You got XP Bars, Rank Stars, Win Crowns, and Daily Quests.

I don't understand why Bloodmage Thalnos is a legendary when Loot Horder is a common. They are the same card except Thalnos has 1 less attack and +1 spell damage.

He just has more utility. Same reason Azure Drake is such a popular card. Thalnos does 3 things. He puts a body on the board, gives spell damage, and draws a card. 3 abilities for a single card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom