• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

It's definitely possible to grind gold for Naxxramas but if you are willing to spend real world money on the game, buying Naxx saves you more gold than buying packs.

3500 gold / $30 = 116 gold saved per dollar spent
4000 gold / $50 = 80 gold saved per dollar spent

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel Naxxramas will likely be made cheaper once the next Adventure comes out, Naxxramas its self feels like an extension of the Basic Set. Like, $15/500 per wing, and then even cheaper as more and more Adventures come out. I would hope Blizzard is smart enough to not put a bunch of pay wall on older sets as time goes on, would hurt their stream of new players.

Volimar

Adrianne Curry streams Hearthstone.

GIS
obama-wiping-sweat-from-forehead.jpg

Got a link?

Decided to just buy more cards.

Man this is so addicting.

How popular is this game? Too bad there aren't more modes/trading/stats.

Feels like this game can grow a lot more.

How much real life currency have you guys spent?

I am wanting to buy the SP content
I've probably spent close to $200 on it so far. As a dad with a full time job there's not a ton of time to play. After limping along for a while with the basic and common cards I dropped cash to play with the fun stuff quicker.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I have spent like 100 dollars in this game, pretty damn worth it. The best thing about this game is that you can have moments where you win against all odds, that's why i play this game constantly even tough i get my ass kicked most of the time. Also guys i'm think of streaming hearthstone but i got shit upload speeds.....i think i'm gonna try it right now.

ZZMitch

looooool I just won a game because the guy I was playing killed himself by playing the Jaraxxas he got from Unstable Portal (and thus doing 15 damage to himself). He BMed by saying"Hello" as he did it as well.

I responded by repeating "My Greetings" as I beat his face over 3 turns with my superior board.

looooool I just won a game because the guy I was playing killed himself by playing the Jaraxxas he got from Unstable Portal (and thus doing 15 damage to himself). He BMed by saying"Hello" as he did it as well.

I responded by repeating "My Greetings" as I beat his face over 3 turns with my superior board.
wat. please esplain.

For as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a Handlock. To me that was better than being president of the United States. To be a handlock was to own the world.

goodfellas reference

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he means: The mage was at 30. Then got too trigger happy with Jaraxxus and wound up putting himself in a worth position because Mage has very little natural healing so "starting" at 15 is a huge risk.

Majine

Banned
It's fun facing Fel Reaver when your deck is full of spare parts and other cheap spells. Burned up his deck by Turn 6 or so.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I recombobulated my azure drake into a fucking fel reaver! Suffice to say i got fucking rekt, i was gonna lose regardless but damn. I was Streaming too but i forgot to set my Twitch settings to save my Broadcasts oh well.

Regarding money spent, I've spent ~$15 on the game. I bought 7 classic packs early on a long time ago and one of the Naxxramas wings. That's it though. I've played more HS than any other game since I got into closed beta in October of 2013. I'm pretty happy with how little I've spent considering how much enjoyment I've had out of the game.

Ronabo

I used a android emulator to play the Amazon Appstore version of the game so I could buy packs using the Amazon coins I had gotten (3000+) for the past couple years.

No legs out of the packs :(

JohnCYQ

Put together this warlock deck recently.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/156238-mixlock

Typical Undertaker + Deathrattle combination, except that you have more mid-large deathrattle included as well (Belchers, Sylvanas, Dr Boom).

2x Void Caller/1x Doomguard/1x Malganis/1xJaraxxus works as an interesting "core" that are all perfectly playable on their own based on the sitation (doomguard as surprise lethal burst or topdeck for example). Void Caller being a deathrattle minion also synergizes with Undertaker

I took out 1x healbot for 1x power overwhelming since I felt that I have sufficient healing already (x2 Siphon Soul as well), on top of a decent early game curve (and aoes) to counter zoo/hunters. PO also works nicely to:
1) pop the egg
2) 5 mana combo with shadowflame if you already have a minion for a board clear
3) Surprise burst

Cool part about the deck is that you will trick the opponent into thinking that you are zoo, forcing them to use their removals/silences on the egg/undertakers, then you end up surprising them with voidcaller and your other late game drops. The limited amount of demons in the deck means you don't end up relying on RNG to get the demon you want summoned even if you have them all on hand. Dropping Jaraxxus with a Voidcaller already on the board, then trading in the VC to summon Malganis/Doomguard, for example.

Not too sure what to classify this deck as though. Midrange or Control?

ZZMitch

Man I tore through ladder today with a mech rouge deck that uses spare parts with Gazlowe and to make a big Van Cleef. Fun as hell and pretty good so far!

Insaniac

Wooh, 10 - 2 with my Paladin arena deck so far! Furthest I've ever gone and It's actually been the secrets that have been helping like crazy, with avenge / get down giving me a strong early game and repentance played late game negating the opponents big drops. Sword of justice also is a big player letting me catch up big time if my early game drops the ball

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wooh, 10 - 2 with my Paladin arena deck so far! Furthest I've ever gone and It's actually been the secrets that have been helping like crazy, with avenge / get down giving me a strong early game and repentance played late game negating the opponents big drops. Sword of justice also is a big player letting me catch up big time if my early game drops the ball

Avenge is a pretty amazing card in arena. People tend to avoid killing your stuff and making otherwise favorable trades, so it tends to put you in control of the minion trading until it goes off.

Get down is less good, I tend to find it hard to guarantee value from it.

I recombobulated my azure drake into a fucking fel reaver! Suffice to say i got fucking rekt, i was gonna lose regardless but damn. I was Streaming too but i forgot to set my Twitch settings to save my Broadcasts oh well.

It's frustrating how often my opponents managed to recombobulate into an earth elemental

Majine

Banned
I think watching Trump is a great way to learn the game, since he's always explaining the thought behind his plays before he executes them.

Maximo

I think watching Trump is a great way to learn the game, since he's always explaining the thought behind his plays before he executes them.
Yep Trump is my favourite Hearthstone Player he explains his choices in great detail aswell as taking suggestions into consideration. His Youtube videos are really good for newcomers.

Lyng

Personally my favourite has to be Brian Kibler. Not only does he explain his every move but he also has a massive understanding of the mechanics, not only in Hearthstone but in CCG/TCG's in general.

Yep Trump is my favourite Hearthstone Player he explains his choices in great detail aswell as taking suggestions into consideration. His Youtube videos are really good for newcomers.

Kolento is the guy to watch. Provides great info, is a top player and doesn't just play the most boring decks imaginable all day long.

ViviOggi

Hafu was my favorite arena player when I still watched that type of content regularly, much more interesting playstyle than Trump imo, Kripp's alright too. For constructed Kolento and Sjow are where it's at. Dog's Miracle streams were always incredibly educational, not sure what decks he plays nowadays.

Oh and Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler of Brian Kibler Gaming.

Majine

Banned
I like Kripps videos where he talks more than his stream. When he's playing, he's a bit too whine-y and salty for my taste.

tylerf

Kind of a bummer to be level 60 with mage yet still 300 wins away from gold portrait because of beta wins not counting.

I think 4/3 is not a super great place to be stat wise, since tons of 2 drops have the 3 attack needed to take him out. Unlike something such as shredder you don't get anything extra sticking around afterward.

Also when you think about what he's actually hitting it's not quite as amazing as it first looks IMO. Kills gnomes, creepers, scientist, and webspinners, but doesn't quite finish off undertaker, harvest golem, or shredder. And you probably don't want to kill eggs most of the time.

He doesn't seem to do quite enough when you're getting the effect, and I don't think his stats carry super well when you don't get the effect. I haven't played with the card much but those are my impressions of it.

If you're having success though, then I'd say keep running them. Could always swap them out later.

He's not as great straight on turn 3 in this circumstances, but he's much better as a late game card because of it. There are no straight up 3 damage AoE's and thus late game the 4 damage clears more and does more face damage than something with 3/4 instead.

Games where you do play him as a 3 drop, he's usually used more for his power. Clearing any rush decks rush 1 drops. Also you say he breaks eggs as if that's a bad thing, but since he has 4HP he still trades with them and it prevents them from getting value by buffing the egg for free kills.

I think people look at the stats and get a negative impression of him, but if you actually try him out you'll find he's easily one of the most diverse 3 drops out there. Great aggro buster, great mid game combo card with swipe to get rid of that pesky last HP if you're getting mobbed around turn 7/8 by aggro lock, etc

-psygnosis-

Neo Member
Massan and Amaz are fun too, Massan also explains plenty and plays all kinds of decks.

So far the only time I spent money was when gvg came out, bought 60 packs.

Did you guys check http://www.heartharena.com/? Helps you draft arena and you can save all stats regarding the run (match ups etc).

My challenge for myself this season is to get a high rank without netdecking for what's most effective in the meta

I've gotten rank 5 before by spamming token druid and crusher shaman while they were good counters to what's popular, but I want to try and actually build a decent deck for myself now.

My Druid "P2W" deck right now:

2x Innervate
2x Wrath
1x Savage Roar
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Spider Tank
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Swipe
2x Piloted Shredder
1x Nourish
1x Antique Healbot
1x Loatheb
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Force of Nature
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Sylvanas Windrunner
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Ancient of War
1x Dr.Boom
1x Kel'Thuzad
1x Ragnaros
1x Sneed's Old Shredder
1x Cenarius

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Will they also fix that Starfall and other similar effects shift the whole screen after its done?

Yeah that's a really annoying bug. Had a game where it go so bad I couldn't see my opponent's cards.

I hate how the handlock matchup is basically decided by whether or not I draw my BGH before his first giant. It doesn't matter how built up my board is, I have to trade it into the first giant and spend resources which puts me massively behind. Considering putting in 2 of them because honestly having a 4/2 for 3 isn't the worst thing against aggro anyways.

Loatheb does more work than I expected, though.

Brofist

Arena is a fucking joke, you need to take mage to have a chance against the 10,000 other mages you inevitably face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom