• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking hate priest so much right now. He fucking stole my tirion from my hand and then he stole the one i put in to the field :(

My only 12 win in arena so far was with a priest deck. Mages can be beat. Or maybe 3 Mind Blasts is just op.

yeah. the thing about mage is that flamestrike and fireball are very good in arena and they're basic cards so they come up frequently in drafts. also their hero power let's you make favorable trasdes without taking face damage. so it's just easier to get a good deck. so on average it's the best class. but the other classes can be way better with a bit of luck in the draft.

ViviOggi

Yeah Rogue used to be strong in arena but now you just die to your own weapons against most 5+ decks, I avoid it like the plague

On average Paladin comes close to Mage in terms of draft quality, Shaman and Priest are usually solid as well. Druid and Hunter can be good but are risky picks in my experience.
Don't even think about Warrior unless you've reached the gold cap
Secret high tier: Warlock

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Aggro death rattle hunter is so fucking streaky... If you get a shit starting hand, you're pretty much fucked.

I hate playing as Hunter and i hate playing against it. Seriously just wish Undertaker and Mad Scientist were nerfed already.

I feel like mage is more straight forward to draft so even people who have a hard time picking a good draft will do better on average. So I think it is a little less about luck and more about just ease of picking the right choices.

ViviOggi

I feel like mage is more straight forward to draft so even people who have a hard time picking a good draft will do better on average. So I think it is a little less about luck and more about just ease of picking the right choices.

It's mainly about card rarity

The continued state of arena is just so fucking baffling when so much of it could have been fixed ages ago by simply adjusting the chances of drafting the hyper value Mage basics & commons

I hate playing as Hunter and i hate playing against it. Seriously just wish Undertaker and Mad Scientist were nerfed already.

Probably be another while, there will be a shitstorm when Blizz nerfs cards most people paid for with real money plus they can't be disenchanted (unless you have gold ones you crafted of course).

johnsmith

remember me
I tried hearth arena a few times. We agreed about 90% of the time. Stopped because it was annoying having to input the cards manually.

Arenavalue.com has a client that will capture the cards for you.

I assume most are more or less identical.

ZealousD

Probably be another while, there will be a shitstorm when Blizz nerfs cards most people paid for with real money plus they can't be disenchanted (unless you have gold ones you crafted of course).

They didn't public test with them, Blizzard has only themselves to blame.

Dreavus

They didn't public test with them, Blizzard has only themselves to blame.

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't TBH. When I think about how they run test realms for ages before doing anything to D3 proper, it seems weird for Blizzard to operate like this in HS. Just releasing the cards and (maybe) fixing it later. Different teams I guess.

Ashodin

lol this arena deck. half of my opponents have conceded by turn 4.

just nasty ass paladin cards.

Argent protector, annoyo's, stuff with divine shield, deathlord, it gets gross and nasty.

ViviOggi

The question of how to compensate players for nerfed Naxx cards might really be the major factor responsible for Blizzard's hesitation. It's pretty damn apparent at this point that UT and Scientist need to be addressed, and with their fixation on keeping every part of the game "simple and elegant" (see deck slots issue) I'm not surprised that it's taking them so long to come up with a solution.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I assumed the deckslot issue was about monetization because they sent out a survey and one of the questions was "Would you buy deck slots?"

Special C

I never know if I should Silence Tirion and deal with the Body or Black Knight him and deal with the weapon. That scenario comes up a lot for some reason.

ViviOggi

I assumed the deckslot issue was about monetization because they sent out a survey and one of the questions was "Would you buy deck slots?"

Officially it's about simplicity and new player experience.

Ben said:
[Laughs] It’s definitely something we’ve received a ton of feedback on. We want more deck slots too, really. I mean, it’s something that we’re always… Who doesn’t want a ton of deck slots? It’s a tough problem. We did a lot of testing early on in the game with brand new players and we found over and over again, back in our prototype days, people would enter the Collection Manager and say 'Oh, this is not for me. I’m not interested in building decks at all, it’s too complicated. Maybe this game is not for me.'

We really had a lot of fear about how changes to the Collection Manager effect those brand new players. The Hearthstone community is super smart and obviously adding additional complexity wouldn't really bother them very much, but it’s something that we’re trying to figure out. I do think we have some cool ideas that we’re talking about internally. Basically we want to find an elegant solution, and we’re not sure what it would be just yet—but we hear the feedback, we know it’s important. We just need to figure out exactly our strategy here, because it’s surprisingly complicated for us to solve this problem in an elegant way.
http://www.pcgamer.com/explosive-hearthstone-goblins-vs-gnomes-interview/#page-3

... which is funny because compared to the actual issues new players face, like being a year late to the card grind and facing idiots deliberately lowering their rank to farm golden heroes, a second page of deck slots doesn't seem too scary.

But yeah I absolutely expect them to monetize it similar to WoW's additional services. It's basically free money.

ZealousD

I never know if I should Silence Tirion and deal with the Body or Black Knight him and deal with the weapon. That scenario comes up a lot for some reason.

Ashbringer is legitimately insane. If Ashbringer were an actual card in the game by itself it would probably cost 6 or 7 mana. A 6/6 body is only worth like 5.5 mana. I think dealing with the 6/6 body is easier. That Ashbringer is going to dish out 15 damage guaranteed if you don't have ooze or Harrison. A 6/6 body probably won't do that much.

Also depends on whether your opponent has played sylvanas yet or not. And how much hp you have. How much HP the opponent has. How big your board is etc.. It is a real judgement call based on all the facts at the time.

If he is close to lethal, you might find black knight to be the best choice cause then sludge belcher can be silenced, for example. Also the 6/6 will still remove minions like the sword will, except when he removes things with the sword he takes damage.

capture5ws3n.png

Run two. When you get out of hunter and mage town, take them out of the deck. Hunters make incredibly dumb plays when they have a secret up, in relative terms. To take their secret after that play wrecks them every time.

Cipherr

Guardsman Bob is my favorite arena streamer and, while I normally dislike music in streams, his playlist is really good.

Yep, it helps that his music is voted on by chat and the popular tracks are the ones that make rotation. And its extremely fun the way he has scripts that lets chat do an entire arena draft via voting then he plays the decks and we see how far he can get with a 90% good deck plus 10% troll picks like Wisps.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Retire from esports -> become hearthstone streamer -> profit!

Six priests in a row. Kill me now.

Also, dat feel when your MMR is clearly so shit you're getting matched up against players that have no idea what they're doing and you're struggling to beat them.

ViviOggi

Foe Reaper is just nasty in arena where hard removal is scarce in the late game while Loatheb turns into a win more card. If your curve is low enough to guarantee a dominating start he could be strong dropped before AoE turns but in a more balanced deck Foe Reaper is the way to go.

€: Oh it's your first pick and you're Mage, definitely Foe Reaper then. Congrats on the 12 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom