• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCYQ

Is there a list of phones that can run Hearthstone?

My 3-year old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 doesn't seem to support it, and I'm assuming that it works on something new like iphone 6 which is kinda expensive at the moment. Looking for something on the mid range price-wise.

My 3-year old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 doesn't seem to support it, and I'm assuming that it works on something new like iphone 6 which is kinda expensive at the moment. Looking for something on the mid range price-wise.

It's not officially supported on phones yet. Only tablets. You can play on a phone, but you'd have to crack/unlock it/the game in one way or another.

Requires a 6 inch screen but I've heard there is a way around it

rac

Banned

Nexus 5 runs it pretty well.

johnsmith

remember me
I just did the +1/+1 potw on an empty board. First time I've ever done that. WHY DOES IT LET YOU DO IT ON AN EMPTY BOARD!

Still won bc lol warlock arena, but it made things harder than it should have.

Triz

Shammy deck, I put out dr boom. Kill off a 6 health minion with him the recombobulate him into archmage Antonias. Was holding two rock biters in hand plus hex. Oh man did it crack me up throwing fireballs as a shaman.

WHY DOES IT LET YOU DO IT ON AN EMPTY BOARD!
There are a few spells that allow you to do nothing. Could be wrong but I believe Savagery and Shield Slam can both be used uselessly. Can't think of any others, Bouncing Blade seems like one that'd do the same but I've never tried, there can't be too many more. I suppose it would be nice if it would stopyou from using a spell that does nothing.

JesseZao

There are a few spells that allow you to do nothing. Could be wrong but I believe Savagery and Shield Slam can both be used uselessly. Can't think of any others, Bouncing Blade seems like one that'd do the same but I've never tried, there can't be too many more. I suppose it would be nice if it would stopyou from using a spell that does nothing.

Minor trivia: Shield slam with no armor can still pop a Divine Shield.

Not sure how useful that information really is, though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Obviously, it's so you can play around counterspell.

JohnCYQ

It's not officially supported on phones yet. Only tablets. You can play on a phone, but you'd have to crack/unlock it/the game in one way or another.

Requires a 6 inch screen but I've heard there is a way around it

Nexus 5 runs it pretty well.
Ah ok, saw a bunch of threads on reddit talking about it and I found it on the googleplay store, so I assumed it was out on phone already.

Ace 2's screen is only like 4 inches, sadly. Probably way too small to enjoy the game properly even if I get it installed somehow (especially with 8+ cards on hand, lol).

I just did the +1/+1 potw on an empty board. First time I've ever done that. WHY DOES IT LET YOU DO IT ON AN EMPTY BOARD!

Still won bc lol warlock arena, but it made things harder than it should have.
In this particular case, I think its because PotW's buff effect doesn't require a target, so it simply buffs any available friendly minion when you chose the effect instead of checking for eligible targets.

Compare this to, say, Wrath, that requires at least 1 targetable minion on the board to be played (so if all minions on the board are stealthed, you will not be able to use wrath). Same thing applies to other spells that only target minions (earth shock, demonheart, spare parts etc).

Dahbomb

Just ran into a Shaman Mill deck today...

It was awful but he was in rank 9 with it. Though I didn't get to see all of his deck.

2x new Healing Totems
2x Coldlight Oracles
2x Far Sight

Anyone know what type of deck this is? It seemed like he was trying to pull off some combo but wasn't able to.

Szadek

Just ran into a Shaman Mill deck today...

It was awful but he was in rank 9 with it. Though I didn't get to see all of his deck.

2x new Healing Totems
2x Coldlight Oracles
2x Far Sight

Anyone know what type of deck this is? It seemed like he was trying to pull off some combo but wasn't able to.
Possible an Ancestors Call deck.

MisterM

I have it running on my Sony Xperia Z2, works perfectly, about a week ago I tried it on my old iPhone4 which worked but it was laggy (old phone) and fiddly on the smaller screen. It's not officially supported on phones though so you run it at your own risk.

ZZZZzz.

Switch decks, get the worst possible matchups. Don't change decks, still get the worst matchups. Can't win. For every streak I get, I'll lose like 4 in a row.

And I don't think I've met a Hunter that didn't have a turn 1 Undertaker. I really wish it would stop.

I'd try that aids mech-mage which is the new zoo, but I don't have the cards for it yet.

JohnCYQ

ZZZZzz.

Switch decks, get the worst possible matchups. Don't change decks, still get the worst matchups. Can't win. For every streak I get, I'll lose like 4 in a row.

And I don't think I've met a Hunter that didn't have a turn 1 Undertaker. I really wish it would stop.

I'm guessing you're stuck at the infamous rank 1-5 zone.

Past...4-5? hunters I faced at rank 10 didn't have t1 undertakers. 2 of them still wrecked me tho (one of them seemed to only run snake traps and managed to play both, I didn't draw into my aoes).

Maximo

Love Greedy Priests. Played another game with Mill Druid burned 7 of the guys Cards, he had to Kill his own Nat Pagle to stop him drawing more Cards. 3 Cards left in his hand Sees me use both my Naturalises and assumes I have no counter, He then throws down his Deathwing, Calls well Played. Proceed to use Poison Seeds and before I can do anything else he Concedes. Every good game I have im not recording =(

Mutombo

I drafted a deck using hearth arena.

I got 1 win.

Had to choose between Warlock, Druid and Shaman. Went for Warlock. First 1 got Jaraxxus out. The others just went straight for the face and couldn't keep up.

iirate

I drafted a deck using hearth arena.

I got 1 win.

Had to choose between Warlock, Druid and Shaman. Went for Warlock. First 1 got Jaraxxus out. The others just went straight for the face and couldn't keep up.

Funnily enough, I had a similar experience recently. Back in beta, I mostly played arena exclusively. I hit 9 wins(back when that was the cap) with every class except hunter and priest(neither of which I ever chose back then). Then the cap was raised to 12, and I'd complete multiple 12 win runs daily.

I came back to the game with the launch of GvG and am doing much, much worse. Granted, I've only completed 10 runs, but I haven't broken 7 wins in any of those, and most of my runs have ended with only 3 or 4.

I heard about hearth arena this weekend, and decided to try it out. I had my very first 0 win run since my return. The deck was horrid, but that didn't seem to be the sites fault(an aggressive shaman with a so-so curve that relied heavily on Bloodlust, no FTT, Hex, or axe, 1 Fire Ele).

I ran again, this time with mage. The deck looked decent(midrange mage, nothing exciting, but some decent mech synergies managed to sneak their way in, and I had a Flamestrike and some Frostbolts). I won once.

So, completely anecdotal, but my two worst runs since coming back were using hearth arena. That said, I've heard of other people getting consistent 10+ wins from the tool, and I honestly think that my play has been a bigger wall than my drafting ability recently. I'm probably going to keep using the site.

Taz

Same experience best I had was 10 winsbefore I stopped playing, came back when it worked on Android phones, started using HeartArena because of all the new cards and the best I've done is 5 wins. Watched alittle bit of Kripp/Trump and they don't seem to follow it much, so I dunno.

gutshot

I wasn't playing back in beta/early launch, but from what I've heard, it was a lot easier to go 9 or eventually 12 wins back then. The average arena player is a lot more knowledgable and experienced now, so going 12 wins these days requires a really strong deck plus some luck.

iirate

I wasn't playing back in beta/early launch, but from what I've heard, it was a lot easier to go 9 or eventually 12 wins back then. The average arena player is a lot more knowledgable and experienced now, so going 12 wins these days requires a really strong deck plus some luck.

This is how I feel. The actual drafting process seems easy enough, knowledge is more widespread, and with GvG, average card quality is up, so it's harder to have an absolute trash draft or face someone that has no idea what they're doing. This means that 10+ wins may require more luck with the draft than it used to. At the same time, there's more room for skill to shine through now. I've been watching a lot of Hafu's stream, and seeing her play is proof to me that my own play has a long way to go.

Shiver

Got my first 12 in arena this weekend. Drafted using heartharena for the most part. Best I've done before that was 7 wins I think.

Mutombo

You rely SOLELY on heartharena? As in, you pick what it says is best?

I know I made huge mistake draft a silent watcher (4/5 can't attack) with a wailing demon (silences friendlies).

With my luck i kept drawing that card, without the wailing demon.

And yes, I did draft those with my own smugness, not with hearth arena.

Also, i think i had 4 floating watchers (the 4/4 that gains +2/+2 when i hit myself on my own turn). It kept telling me it was the best option, which it might've been, but it didn't exactly win me games man.

Xanathus

What's up with all these people with golden portraits around ranks 17-20 that have garbage decks and play like idiots? They don't seem to be bots.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Need to do 60g Mage dailies > Load up my mech mage deck > 4 wins in a row >
67b.jpg

Same experience best I had was 10 winsbefore I stopped playing, came back when it worked on Android phones, started using HeartArena because of all the new cards and the best I've done is 5 wins. Watched alittle bit of Kripp/Trump and they don't seem to follow it much, so I dunno.

HearthArena is good, but for me the best method (that someone else here already mentioned) is:

First 10 cards: Quality over curve
Second 10 cards: Curve over quality
Last 10 cards: Filling in gaps (removal, AoE, taunts, heals, etc)

I just had a hilarious priest mirror match. Frankly, I have no clue what I am doing in the mirror match of priest but I come into the late game ahead somehow with a dark cultist and auchenai soulpriest on board, with double mind control in hand. He plays ysera, I MC, he MCs it back, I MC a second time, and he MCs it back. All this time I am getting 6 damage a turn in, plus I got a ysera's awakes with vellen in hand.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_1_14_2015_12_37_23.png

That was just hilarious though tbh. Ysera... what a slut.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I wish I could snap the neck out of every mech mage in existence. I am only half joking when I say I would consider life time in jail for the satisfaction of hearing their bones get crushed.

Make an anti-aggro priest... play priest 3 times... the fuck. I just want to play aggro atm not boring priest mirror.

edit:
I just had an amaz level top deck.

This idiot thought he was safe healing his undertaker while at 13 hp. I smite his face one turn. Then the next turn I top deck vellen and mind blast smite for lethal.

Dahbomb

I just looked at my stats.about 40-50% of my match ups are aggro.
Time to play Priest.
That's way too low.

Need to do 60g Mage dailies > Load up my mech mage deck > 4 wins in a row >
Sounds about right.

wish I could snap the neck out of every mech mage in existence. I am only half joking when I say I would consider life time in jail for the satisfaction of hearing their bones get crushed.
Probably not this extreme but Mech Mage is pretty scumbaggish. I play that too just to learn its strengths and weaknesses. Nothing feels scummier than just flooding the board going face, dropping a Loatheb, somehow still get your board cleared and then drop a couple of Fireballs or Frost Bolts on them.

Though people in Constructed past Rank 10 have a shit ton of anti aggro cards now. Just about everyone has double Sledge Belcher EVEN some aggro decks.

Majine

Banned
Thoughtsteal can get uncollectibles?

Apparently!

You played a thoughtstolen juggernaut and thoughtstole the mine? Didn't they experiment with the mines and see that it'll actually damage the warrior? Not sure which video it was, though.

Actually the Iron Juggernaut dropped out of my Gazlowe. Also, the mine didn't explode until after the turn, even though it was already drawn. Bet the programmers didn't anticipate this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom