• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Do you think it would have drawn you a card if you had played it? And after it exploded when you ended turn, did it draw a card?

I didn't think about that, and I can't remember if it did.

In hindsight, I don't think so. I think the game executes those types of commands whenever you draw the mine "properly", and not "pulling cards from elsewhere" as I did.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only reason mill works is because people like hoarding cards in their hand.

The counter to mill is to stop holding cards in your hand and dump them on the board.

rac

Banned

The counter to mill is to stop holding cards in your hand and dump them on the board.

I was dumping them but he did it when I was already in fatigue. I only burned two cards the whole game and killed off two doomsayers before they could go off.

edit: fuck hearthstone i just wanna play puyo puyo tetris

Mirimar

These decks are more about fatiguing than about milling, though. Even if you dump your hand, you're losing them to hard removal or AOE. That's why they're annoying to play against.

Haly

Oh! This is that new fatigue mage thing. I guess the counter to that is being able to apply a powerful clock from the hand?

I haven't seen it yet so I can't say how it plays. But against a deck like that, if you're decked out you already lost. The key would be to kill them before your deck is used up, meaning 2-3 really large combos rather than trying to develop board state.

These decks are more about fatiguing than about milling, though. Even if you dump your hand, you're losing them to hard removal or AOE. That's why they're annoying to play against.

I played against fatigue mage for the first time last night. Jesus Christ, it was just painful. The guy Duplicated Death Lord twice and played Echo of Medivh while he had two of them. That's eight fucking Death Lords that he got to play. At one point I gut a free Sneed's Old Shredder. He killed the shredder and a few other minions with Flamestrike, and out popped Kel'Thuzad. I was like, "Fuck Yeah! You just lost, asshole." But then he was able to kill KT with a Deathlord, a Mechanical Sheep, and a Frostbolt. Because of that garbage, I had to wait around for another 20 minutes before he finally ran out of Death Lords and I was able to keep an Ancient of War on board without getting frozen. He played Doomsayer to try and clear it, but I'd been holding on to Force + Savage Roar forever. 14 damage from FoN + SR plus the 7 from the buffed AoW was just enough to kill him.

JesseZao

Apparently!

Actually the Iron Juggernaut dropped out of my Gazlowe. Also, the mine didn't explode until after the turn, even though it was already drawn. Bet the programmers didn't anticipate this situation.

This was the first thing I pondered when GvG was revealed/released :). Nice to finally see this situation in play.

Visceir

Managed to stumble my way through the arena to 5 wins. Multiple times had a starting hand that made me think that couldn't possibly end well, felt more like my opponents being bad rather than me being good. Always fun tho~

I try to avoid playing arena during late nights. The time you play at has such a big impact on if you get a hardcore opponent or not.

Actually the Iron Juggernaut dropped out of my Gazlowe. Also, the mine didn't explode until after the turn, even though it was already drawn. Bet the programmers didn't anticipate this situation.

Sounds like, when the card is first summoned, it is "hard-coded" to explode once the player whose deck it came from draws a card. So, you Thought Stole it, then when you ended your turn the two conditions were met to cause the card to explode: 1) it was in a hand or in-play and 2) your opponent drew a card. But I guess its damage isn't hard-coded to only hurt the deck it came out of but rather whoever has possession of it at the time.

Now we need you to do this again, only have an opposing player acquire it as you try to cast it with a Lorewalker Cho in-play.

Hylian7

So I made my first attempt at a freeze mage deck last night, and it's been surprisingly effective. I still refuse to netdeck. I have yet to lose a game with it.

NqDsyVL.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What is the best legendary to craft right now?

I'm leaning towards Dr. Boom or Sneed.

Dr. Boom. Sneed isn't really getting run because he's slow and pretty weak to Sylvanas. The longer things go on the more I think Dr Boom will probably get nerfed. He's just crazy good.

Hylian7

but then how will you know if your'e wasting dust. dont be like me, dont craft two recombobulators.

I would generally ask around or look up "Is x card good?" or judge it for myself. I barely use dust and only use it on things I know I need.

Recombobulators can be good if you run something like Handlock. Giants are the only cards that have their costs and I believe most 8+ cost cards are normally decent.

Strider

Just played against that fatigue mage deck for the first time.

If that becomes popular I'm out again for a while just like I stopped playing when Freeze mage was really popular. Win or lose spell heavy removal decks are just boring as hell to play against.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i bought 40 packs and only got one Leroy :/ Anyway now i have enough for a legendary and i'm strongly leaning towards ragnaros since i don't have it.

rac

Banned
Guys i bought 40 packs and only got one Leroy :/ Anyway now i have enough for a legendary and i'm strongly leaning towards ragnaros since i don't have it.

I think ragnaros is kinda weak right now unless you run another 7 attack minion but it might be a good starter legendary.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Nevermind guys i realized i was missing a bunch of cards to make a competitive paladin deck so i used the dust to craft some epic cards and a Big game hunter.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Need to do 60g Mage dailies > Load up my mech mage deck > 4 wins in a row >
It really is a good deck. I took out a flamestrike for that good mage legendary, and it really performs a lot better, the thing makes the control warrior match up more consistent to beat.

Haly

It really is a good deck. I took out a flamestrike for that good mage legendary, and it really performs a lot better, the thing makes the control warrior match up more consistent to beat.

I just use Dr. Boom.

B O O M B O Y S

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just use Dr. Boom.

B O O M B O Y S
I run both, I think mech mage can afford two late game cards.

I think my custom paly deck runs worse after trying to make it more consistent. I think running 3 types of secrets really gave me an edge since the other guy had no clue what to expect.

"You fool, you fell into my trap! Now my get down guy will revive!"

I tried reaaaallly hard to make a deck with shadowboxer in it, but I just couldn't make it work. Has anyone had success with that?

I had the same thing a while back where I tried reeeeeally hard to make a deck with summoning portal in it, but still couldn't make it work. Those cards are just non-starters.

johnsmith

remember me
Adrianne made it to rank 20. Not sure if she's getting better or she brute forced her way to it since you can't lose stars before that. I saw her flamecannon a 1/1 a few days ago while playing as mage.

So I just got triple windfury Enhance-o-Mechano + Fireball into death for exact lethal. The chances of that happening are so slim, like I don't even know. Pretty much any other way he was dead next turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom