• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

They're most likely going to nerf mill cards or something - playing games like that is not how they want Hearthstone to be played.

They're most likely going to nerf mill cards or something - playing games like that is not how they want Hearthstone to be played.
But they designed the cards and released them. Grove Tender, Heal Bot, and Tree of Life made Mill Druid viable and I can't believe they never ran into it in playtesting. All signs point to them wanting it to be a thing, which is weird given their reaction to Miracle Rogue.

Raxus

But they designed the cards and released them. Grove Tender, Heal Bot, and Tree of Life made Mill Druid viable and I can't believe they never ran into it in playtesting. All signs point to them wanting it to be a thing, which is weird given their reaction to Miracle Rogue.

Big difference is Miracle Rogue milled to draw perfect combos. Mill Druid has to be on point in order to win and mills both decks.

Are people even getting legend with it? Is it actually viable? I've only lost to mill decks once.

no. they're good counters to certain types of decks and very fun to play but they're pretty inconsistent for laddering. the fatigue mane is probably the best on the ladder but it's still not great. and certainly worse than the staple decks. which are abundant on ladder for a reason.

First time getting Mage in arena in like 8 runs and I go 0-3.

1 Fireball

No Flamestrikes, Blizzards, Frostbolts, Polymorphs.

I end up with garbage like Murloc Tidehunter and Thrallmar Farseer.

Fuck off Blizzard.

Dahbomb

Just got Dr Doom from a 6-3 Priest Arena run....

giphy.gif

Also got Ancestor's Call and a Golden Imp Explosion. Damn good pack.

lol player?
DOTA 2 player.

Yeah if you can survive the poison seeds + starfall combo (as infuriating as it might be) twice, you pretty much win.
They still have double Pyromancer + Swipe, double Starfire, double Force of Nature and double Naturalize to clear the board with.

Vitanimus

could someone recommend me good YouTubers to watch? the only person I'm subscribed to is trump, his relatively focused and gimmick free style of commentary is refreshing, so anything similar would be nice!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Giving this streaming thing a shot. If you wanna watch a gaffer who usuallys rank between 5 and 10, then come watch me! Gonna be playing my Control Paladin today, try and hit lvl 60 Paladin. Possibly doable tonight!

http://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

CRS

Are there currently any deals for buying packs like there was with the Amazon coins? Thinking about buying some.

Mirimar

Reynad is ranking with a variant of Fatigue mage too. So, at least 2 streamers. Day9tv also played it. Probably going to see it rampant in ladder for awhile, at least for the season.

johnsmith

remember me
Gah, nothing more frustrating than getting beat by a garbage player with a garbage deck who just happened to get lucky to pull off a combo. Really? 2x inner fire + lightbomb to clear my board of taunts? Fuck you.

Oh and sure, thoughtsteal my black knight. thanks.

JesseZao

The Challenge: Beat somebody specifically with Deathwing using a Hunter deck.

About 1
games later:

I forgot to take a screencap of the unscorched battlefield, but He had 4 Silver Hand Recruits that were all buffed by the two Quartermasters on the board and he Argus'd two of them on top of that. He spent turn 9 clearing my Belcher and Antique Healing Bot. I had already baited out his two equalities.

Felt good.

Pretty fun deck besides the Deathwing. I think I appreciate Call Pet as a pretty good cantrip now. Getting a 1mana Kodo or 3mana Gahz'Rilla is pretty ace. At worst, it's just like casting nerfed flare without a secret in play.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So I just got wrecked by this ridiculous play. Coin, Sword of Justice. Muster (buffs all the 1/1s for whatever fucking reason). Quartermaster.

It was the other guy that did it to me. And yeah, he had 3 creatures on board, though one was frozen. I don't know how that affects the odds of it being exact lethal, but either way it was a really low chance play.

I love Muster for Justice into Quartermaster. No one expects it.

Edit: also, buffs because Muster summons first.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Everyone expects it though.

It's like how everyone expects FoN + Savage Roar, or Alakir + Rockbiter, or Auctioneer + rest of deck (rip in peace).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ran into this Druid that was doing some kind of super-sticky aggro deck with everything like annoy-o-tron, echoing ooze, harvest golem, haunted creeper, jeeves, and freaking SOUL OF THE FOREST. I got wrecked by freaking SOUL OF THE FOREST.

Dog's anti aggro/ramp druid is so fucking bad against priest. Holy shit. Every game goes to fatigue and I still lose.

I just won a game vs. priest with a variation of it. Baited out a death on Kel'Thuzad, guy had no answer for Ancient of War and Sylvanas besides a play which cost him far too many cards and still resulted with me ending up with a sludge belcher slime. It seems to be highly dependent on what they thoughtsteal and if they get a value auchenai clear or circled blademaster early.

Was on a really huge streak until I ran into a mirror with better tech (Black Knight) two games in a row, and got wrecked by a face hunter who made a yeti out of an undertaker by turn 4. Those are the games you're just destined to lose I guess though.

johnsmith

remember me
I just won a game vs. priest with a variation of it. Baited out a death on Kel'Thuzad, guy had no answer for Ancient of War and Sylvanas besides a play which cost him far too many cards and still resulted with me ending up with a sludge belcher slime. It seems to be highly dependent on what they thoughtsteal and if they get a value auchenai clear or circled blademaster early.

Was on a really huge streak until I ran into a mirror with better tech (Black Knight) two games in a row, and got wrecked by a face hunter who made a yeti out of an undertaker by turn 4. Those are the games you're just destined to lose I guess though.

The version I was running was heavily anti-aggro. No Kelthuzad or sylvanas. double senjin screwed you over to shadow madness. Only 1 copy of combo. Overall I didn't like it. Switched to a more aggressive midrange build that I'm more comfortable with. Ancient of war really is garbage, it almost never got value, except for my opponent when it was MCed or facelessed. Otherwise it always got removed instantly, or black knighted.

Druid is unplayable without double combo, imo. It's just too good to not run 2.

Xanathus

Ran into this Druid that was doing some kind of super-sticky aggro deck with everything like annoy-o-tron, echoing ooze, harvest golem, haunted creeper, jeeves, and freaking SOUL OF THE FOREST. I got wrecked by freaking SOUL OF THE FOREST.

That's just token druid, maybe with Hobgoblin. It's been around since pre-Naxx.

Haunted

I know I'm probably weeks behind with this since I'm just casually clicking through some videos on YouTube. But seeing Trump trying to defend Fel Reaver to the viewers while his deck is basically burning in the background is some of the most hilarious HS content I've seen.

nothing%20to%20see%20here.jpg

Was down as mech mage versus a Shaman and it went late game and I'm top decking and he has a full board and I get unstable portal so I'm like yeah I hope I get something good.

Get Ysera, play it, fireblast his face for lols. He immediately hexes it, but it was too late, I got Ysera awakens. I clear his board, insta-concede. As far as I could tell, that was literally the only sequence of RNG from unstable portal that could've saved me.

ViviOggi

I know I'm probably weeks behind with this since I'm just casually clicking through some videos on YouTube. But seeing Trump trying to defend Fel Reaver to the viewers while his deck is basically burning in the background is some of the most hilarious HS content I've seen.

Yeah the card is pretty lackluster in reality, the definition of a win more card that is prone to backfiring spectacularly. Unless you've already overpowered your opponent you're at best losing three cards to the removal play, and even Zoo is sad to burn key cards like Doomguard.

Also link?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Priest has zero mana silence. Problem is that it's just going to eat heavy removal the next turn.

How about fel reaver as a counter to sylvanas?

Haunted

Yeah the card is pretty lackluster in reality, the definition of a win more card that is prone to backfiring spectacularly. Unless you've already overpowered your opponent you're at best losing three cards to the removal play, and even Zoo is sad to burn key cards like Doomguard.

Also link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayWuX-d5sbc

Lots of fun moments (Paladin using Aldor Peacekeeper made Fel Reaver into "5 mana 1/8, discard 12 cards" but the best one is probably 27 minutes in - "That's a two for one" -> entire deck burning in the background.

How about fel reaver as a counter to sylvanas?
The best counter against a Priest is having a really shitty deck, because they depend on stealing your good cards.

foolproof

Magnus

The amount of Hearthstone jargon and terminology in every post on this page is staggering. Even as a six month casual player I find it dizzying to try and read or follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom