• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
fel reaver would be amazing in aggro decks if not for everyone running double BGH. that's the real downside of the card. you don't care that it discards your deck because your goal is to end the game before you run out anyway.

Bizazedo

Only time I've managed to make fel reaver work is when I got it on turn 2 through an unstable portal.

I made a Priest deck with Fel Reavers, the zero cost silences, and the minion from Naxx that silences all friendly minions.

Threw in some Deathlords, the 2/1 silence owl I can't remember the name for, 4/3 silence spellbreaker, and inner fires / double HP / card draw.

When it works, it's amazing. It's not ladder viable, but it's fun.

egruntz

shelaughz
fel reaver would be amazing in aggro decks if not for everyone running double BGH. that's the real downside of the card. you don't care that it discards your deck because your goal is to end the game before you run out anyway.

Eh. BGH isn't the only efficient removal.
it's a pretty bad card.

gutshot

The version I was running was heavily anti-aggro. No Kelthuzad or sylvanas. double senjin screwed you over to shadow madness. Only 1 copy of combo. Overall I didn't like it. Switched to a more aggressive midrange build that I'm more comfortable with. Ancient of war really is garbage, it almost never got value, except for my opponent when it was MCed or facelessed. Otherwise it always got removed instantly, or black knighted.

Druid is unplayable without double combo, imo. It's just too good to not run 2.

What does your deck look like? Druid is my favorite class but I don't have any AoWs so trying to find the best deck to run that doesn't include them.

johnsmith

remember me
What does your deck look like? Druid is my favorite class but I don't have any AoWs so trying to find the best deck to run that doesn't include them.

Something like this. There's a lot of variation you can do with it, especially in the 5 drop slot. Cenarius is also not necessary.

jVcbFbw

egruntz

shelaughz
Fel reaver is actually a really good card.

I mean, how do you reckon? In every single instance I've seen it played or played it myself, it's only served to burn several essential cards and then get removed from the board. At most, it deals 8 damage or takes care of a big threat on the board. Other cards accomplish the same thing for 5 mana without burning through your deck in the process.

I mean, how do you reckon? In every single instance I've seen it played or played it myself, it's only served to burn several essential cards and then get removed from the board. At most, it deals 8 damage or takes care of a big threat on the board. Other cards accomplish the same thing for 5 mana without burning through your deck in the process.

Because 8 damage is a lot of damage for 5 mana. You're playing an aggressive deck, you have board control and fel reaver is certainly not your only threat on the board already. Lets say you already have 1 fireball in hand. The match is gonna be decided before you run out of cards to draw and you certainly won't get every card anyway.

This card was being played at high ranks before the BGH craze took over in response to dr. boom.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I ran into a fatigue mage in ranked, shit was so infuriating. Triple Sludge Belcher and 4 deathlords thanks to duplicate and echo, shit was insane because i almost won i had him to 7 hp but he had to healbots and .....damn that was a good deck.

Special C

I've neglected Mage for a while so I was going to spend the dust to either build the new fatigue mage or a Mech mage. Both seem to piss people off on here. Which one is LESS infuriating to play against?

Playing it in a control deck would be very wrong, but in an aggressive deck where your goal is to win before you start drawing into the last 15 cards of your deck, it is appropriate. Super aggressive decks that go far into late game usually lose anyway so those cards you are burning wouldn't have helped you anyway.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I've neglected Mage for a while so I was going to spend the dust to either build the new fatigue mage or a Mech mage. Both seem to piss people off on here. Which one is LESS infuriating to play against?

Mech mage is less annoying because you don't have to deal with potentially 5 sludge belchers.

Miletius

Ugh, just got wrecked 5 times in a row trying to do druid daily. I probably should update my deck, it's been a while, but I still feel outclassed by people that have a lot of G v G cards.

Time to go arena, I suppose for now.

ViviOggi

Playing it in a control deck would be very wrong, but in an aggressive deck where your goal is to win before you start drawing into the last 15 cards of your deck, it is appropriate. Super aggressive decks that go far into late game usually lose anyway so those cards you are burning wouldn't have helped you anyway.
You might as well play Sea Giant or Anime Golem

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Gah, nothing more frustrating than getting beat by a garbage player with a garbage deck who just happened to get lucky to pull off a combo. Really? 2x inner fire + lightbomb to clear my board of taunts? Fuck you.

Oh and sure, thoughtsteal my black knight. thanks.

Had a priest topdeck a Thoughtsteal into Muster + Seal of Light for perfect lethal with their board the turn before I would have killed him.

So it goes.

Mixed2k

I just noticed a pretty big flaw in the game.
Golden swipe's animation is reversed, it looks like a bear slaping some dudes.

"When a bear rears back and extends his arms, he's about to Swipe!.. or hug, or bitch slap."

Seeing Handlock at low ranks is a wonderful novelty, mostly because they seem to have no idea how to play the deck.

Last game I played, I had a 5/2 Sylvanas on board and nothing else, though I did have the Druid Wombo Combo in hand. He had a slime, and despite having 27 health, he plays Jaraxxus, does nothing. Used a Wrath to kill the Slime, attack with Sylvanas, passed. Next turn, plays an INFERNO~! and THEN attacks my Sylvanas. Thanks for the free 6/6 I guess. Then he Facelesses the INFERNO~! and concedes.

It seems to be easier to get from 17-10 than from 20-17. I guess 20-17 is where people farm for golden heroes, have actually seen a couple this week despite hardly playing.

Minsc

Gold Member
Losing to mill druid is like losing to yourself... so frustrating. If you don't know the order things are coming, you make so many mistakes which end up costing you the game, but could be easily avoided in hindsight.

Losing to mill druid is like losing to yourself... so frustrating. If you don't know the order things are coming, you make so many mistakes which end up costing you the game, but could be easily avoided in hindsight.

I think that means you can player better next time. I think the main thing is just building a board and baiting out naturalize on a weaker minion while you have 7 cards or less. Even if you do end up burning 1 card, your minions are the most important cards to have. So playing around AOE is pretty important as well.

I haven't played enough against mill to really feel out how well a match is going midway though. But in general I am not so worried about the healing cards since all they do is stall the game from ending. Board control and tempo decks should fare very well against them.

It's the new Miracle Rogue, which means Blizzard will nerf it into the ground because it's not playing the game the way they want it played.

Minsc

Gold Member
It's the new Miracle Rogue, which means Blizzard will nerf it into the ground because it's not playing the game the way they want it played.

It's a lot more interesting to me, and I don't think as strong. Mill Druid interacts with your board constantly (like every turn, games go on for 15+ turns even with the milling), while Miracle Rogue just cycled their whole deck, attacked, stealthed their minions, and killed you the next turn (usually well before turn 10, sometimes even on turn 6 or 7).

I guess the difference is Miracle Rogue felt like you're weren't really playing the other player, because they just fished through their deck, while Mill Druid still feels like a normal-ish game, where you go back and forth a lot.

The new Rogue decks out now that use that +3 weapon attack & + 3 creature attack card, hit you for ~10 with the buffed creature, then for 10+ with their weapon (double poisoned, +3, etc), then use that spell that hits all enemy targets for weapon damage, doing 30+ damage in a round (and clearing your board), seem stronger anyway.

Magnus

How does everyone have the card collections and dust around to just make whatever deck is popular or working right now?

Fuck. I play quite a bit now (like 10 hours a week easily) and I'm starving for dust just to craft some more epic cards and essentials for my one main priest deck. Fuck.

Maybe I really should consider DE'ing and carving up other class' cards to get more dust, but I really don't want to cripple those classes in case I should ever want to use them.

johnsmith

remember me
How does everyone have the card collections and dust around to just make whatever deck is popular or working right now?

Fuck. I play quite a bit now (like 10 hours a week easily) and I'm starving for dust just to craft some more epic cards and essentials for my one main priest deck. Fuck.

Maybe I really should consider DE'ing and carving up other class' cards to get more dust, but I really don't want to cripple those classes in case I should ever want to use them.

Lots and lots of arenas with a solid win rate. Plus been playing since March.

gutshot

Play for a long time and/or buy packs, basically. It's not so much how many hours a day you put in, since the amount of gold you can make per day is limited (unless you are really good in arena). Just the amount of days you've been playing.

JesseZao

A lot of us have been playing since summer/fall 2013.

Been playing since near the end of closed beta, plus have bought some packs along the way. It's a snowball effect, the more cards you have, the faster it is to get more. Plus GvG packs have turned to 40 dust pretty fast for me. That adds up.

embalm

They aren't even close to the same.

Miracle Rogue was built on 2 things. Drawing your entire deck in 10 rounds and using 4+ card combos to kill the other player. Watching a Rogue draw their deck sucked as they picked through their removal to keep the board clear. Losing despite controlling the entire game sucked because you didn't have a taunt up. Then winning because the Rogue did nothing since they didn't get their draw combos sucked because it was boring.
Those match ups sucked. (Playing the deck was fun though)

Personal opinion, but Gadgetzan also wasn't nerfed specifically for Miracle. Spare parts opened Miracle tactics to every class, complete with a Stealth spare part even. Free 1 mana spells for everyone + mech aggro synergies + Gadgetzan = An unstoppable Mech Aggro meta

Mill Druid has loads of interaction. You have to play around Starfall+Poison Seed, you have to try to bait out Naturalize, and you get to play a ton of cards as they keep filling up your hand. It can be really fun to play against, and even their wins can be crazy to watch happen. (Like naturalizing a dancing sword for fatigue damage)
Also the win rate for this deck isn't great, but it's nice to see a solid counter for Handlock.

I could be wrong, but Mill Druid will hang around and I expect it to evolve into a more legitimate control deck.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
A lot of us have been playing since summer/fall 2013.

Same - I actually got a code for the closed beta from my roommate (we work on the same team) two days before my initial phone interview.

I'm half-convinced my passion for the game in that interview is half the reason I got the job, so... thanks Hearthstone! : D

I've spent close to $200 on the game so that's where I got many of my cards/dust from. This game is more pay to have fun, not pay to win as some people claim.

Magnus

I was in the beta back then and didn't play - didn't realize how much I'd love the game when I started playing a year later.

I just bought a few packs for the first time. Got a golden epic and a Leeroy. Lol

Do I disenchant this fucker for a free epic?

I'm wondering if I shouldn't craft a Sylvanas or some other killer legendary instead.

I was in the beta back then and didn't play - didn't realize how much I'd love the game when I started playing a year later.

I just bought a few packs for the first time. Got a golden epic and a Leeroy. Lol

Do I disenchant this fucker for a free epic?

I'm wondering if I shouldn't craft a Sylvanas or some other killer legendary instead.
Sylvanas and/or Dr. Boom are probably the neutral legendaries you will see in the most decks.

I've been playing since like September 2013, so yeah, a lot of it is just time played. Don't think I've put more than $100 into it at most, and I still don't have everything I want/need. Though I do have all/nearly all classic commons and rares. It's mostly just legendaries and some epics I'm missing. And you can get away not having all of them, though some are obviously very key. Like I still can't play freeze mage since I have only one ice block and no Alexstraza. Can't at least somewhat properly play control warrior without Grom and/or Alex (in addition to what I already have), besides Geddon, Harrison Jones, and possibly Black Knight which are all more techy and can be subbed out.

Could only properly play Handlock in the past week after crafting Jaraxxus (and Sylvanas).

Missing Cenarius, but I can live without him.

Will probably drop some cash on more classic packs soon in hopes I get the few key epics/legendaries I'm missing (or at least dust to craft them), and slowly build up my GvG collection from Arena.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Keep facing some Combo Mage I'm not sure how to deal with. They basically stall the game as long as possible with things like frost nova and ice block, draw a ton of cards, then play Alexandrea to bring you to 15, then the next turn Blood Mage Thalnos for the +1 spell damage, then they go Frostbolt, Ice lance, Ice lance, ping for a victory.

I guess being able to heal up after the Alexandrea is the only solution, so I guess I'm fucked with my Mech Mage. Even the last time when I was able to heal up to 17 with some RNG, they Pyroblasted me the following turn.

Keep facing some Combo Mage I'm not sure how to deal with. They basically stall the game as long as possible with things like frost nova and ice block, draw a ton of cards, then play Alexandrea to bring you to 15, then the next turn Blood Mage Thalnos for the +1 spell damage, then they go Frostbolt, Ice lance, Ice lance, ping for a victory.

I guess being able to heal up after the Alexandrea is the only solution, so I guess I'm fuck with my Mech Mage. Even the last time when I was able to heal up to 17 with some RNG, they Pyroblasted me the following turn.

Sounds like typical Freeze Mage. And yeah, they're designed to beat aggro. They lose pretty hard to control warrior though. Druid too most of the time I think. Handlock probably something like 50/50, maybe 60/40 one way or the other.

I guess being able to heal up after the Alexandrea is the only solution, so I guess I'm fucked with my Mech Mage. Even the last time when I was able to heal up to 17 with some RNG, they Pyroblasted me the following turn.

Well, serves you right for running Mech Mage to begin with, but you could also run a kezan mystic. What costs you the game is not healing after Alex, but that turn that ice block stops you from winning because the freeze mage can't do anything else when Alex is played.

So steal it. You probably have 14000 mechs on the board so you should be good to go once it is down. Further, the freeze mage then can't use all their spells on you.

JesseZao

Beat a legendary shaman running ancestor's call with my troll deathwing hunter deck. 'Twas too bad he pulled my healing bot instead of my deathwing when he called his maly

He friended me after, so I added, since it's been awhile since I fed the ragers. He was full tilt and seemed to be especially mad that he lost two minions to snipe.

I'm sorry I wasn't playing Huntertaker and subverted your ecpectations, sir. REKT

Miletius

Had a Best Buy Reward certificate that expiring soon, didn't want to spend much so bought Battle Net bucks.

Went home, typed in the code... and accidentally bought Classic Packs. -_-*

Thankfully, Blizz CS was really nice and just gave me the GvG packs, but I can't believe that I just did that.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Do you guys DE legendaries or save them? I have a Van Cleef and Captain Greenskin that do not seem all that useful. I just started playing around with crafting and turned my duplicates to dust. If I DE these two I will be very close to crafting a useful legendary.

Do you guys DE legendaries or save them? I have a Van Cleef and Captain Greenskin that do not seem all that useful. I just started playing around with crafting and turned my duplicates to dust. If I DE these two I will be very close to crafting a useful legendary.

I would not dust Van Cleef personally. Miracle being nerfed hurt him, but he's still a good card IMO.

For crafting/dusting, this Legendary Crafting Guide has served me well. A little bit out of date now, I wouldn't consider Cairne top-tier these days anyway.

Mixed2k

Keep both.
Van Cleef is seeing way less play now but it's worth keeping for the future, he's a good card.
Greenskin is meh, but I will always keep mine, one of these days pirates will be a thing I tell ya.

Just DE the ones that are really bad, like these ones:
Nozdormu, Grull, Tinkmaster, for the classic packs.
For GvG, Hemet Nesingway is garbage tier and you should DE as many as possible.

As a 100% f2p player It sucks sometimes, I had to DE my onyxia but oh well, In probably 7 months that I had that card I never played it anyways.

Keep both.
Van Cleef is seeing way less play now but it's worth keeping for the future, he's a good card.
Greenskin is meh, but I will always keep mine, one of these days pirates will be a thing I tell ya.

Just DE the ones that are really bad, like these ones:
Nozdormu, Grull, Tinkmaster, for the classic packs.
For GvG, Hemet Nesingway is garbage tier and you should DE as many as possible.

As a 100% f2p player It sucks sometimes, I had to DE my onyxia but oh well, In probably 7 months that I had that card I never played it anyways.

I've dusted Tinkmaster twice. I wish I'd kept him, I want to play Randuin on ladder sometime. For science.

Aside from dupes I've DE'd Gruul, Deathwing, and golden Rag (I already had the normal version). Gruul and Deathwing let me make giants for Handlock and the Rag got me Leeroy so I could play Miracle Rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom