• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryani

Maybe take out the ooze for Harvest Golem? I actually do have access to sludge belcher so I could trade the Shieldmasta for it maybe?

I don't have access to bloodmage for a while.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can anyone explain why Harvest Golem was dropped from most decks after GvG? Didn't it basically get buffed considering it became a mech?

Xanathus

Maybe take out the ooze for Harvest Golem? I actually do have access to sludge belcher so I could trade the Shieldmasta for it maybe?

I don't have access to bloodmage for a while.
Yeah replace Ooze with Golem. The problem with Stormforged Axe is that it doesn't really kill off anything by itself with only 2 attack so that's why I'd even replace it with another Golem.

Honestly though you might be better off replacing the entire deck with a Mech deck but that obviously depends on whether you have all the Mech synergy cards.

Can anyone explain why Harvest Golem was dropped from most decks after GvG? Didn't it basically get buffed considering it became a mech?
It's still commonly played in Mech or Deathrattle (read: zoo) based decks, but you normally wouldn't play it in other decks because all the commonly played minions at 2-3 mana have 3+ health so it doesn't trade anymore. Thank GVG for the low mana minion power creep.

I would feel dirty playing hunter to be honest.

Here's my deck list. Any thoughts? I don't have access to the 2nd 2 wings of naxx so no Chow

Earth Shock X2
Rockbiter Weapon X2
Stormforged Axe
Crackle X2
Acidic Swamp Ooze
Flametongue Totem X2
Haunted Creeper X2
Feral Spirit X2
Hex X2
Lightning Storm X2
Big Game Hunter
Defender of Argus
Piloted Shredder X2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta
Antique Healbot
Azure Drake
Fire Elemental X2
Dr Boom
Neptulon
Al'akir the Windlord

Currently at Rank 12 , 1 star from rank 11

Instead of chow, I guess argent squire would be your second pick for an anti-aggro/early board 1 drop.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Harvest Golem was filler for 3 drops because 3 drops traditionally sucked.

But games are slower in Post-GvG Hearthstone and there are a lot more cards worth playing over Golem so the only decks that run it now are mech decks (and sometimes not even those, because Spider Tank and Tinker Town Technician are better for an aggro plan.)

Shade is good in Druid as a 3 drop. Particularly in certain matchups. Paladin and Shaman are most likely to cause you to lose value, but baiting out an AoE early for a shade is still usually a win.

Often it will be key in delivering a finishing blow or trading up after letting it grow. Too slow for most other decks though without ramp capabilities.

Visceir

Got Elite Tauren Chieftain through unstable portal and wanted to have some fun with it and see what the cards too, but my opponent surrendered next turn after putting it on the field. I just wanted to rock! :(

Minsc

Gold Member
Got Elite Tauren Chieftain through unstable portal and wanted to have some fun with it and see what the cards too, but my opponent surrendered next turn after putting it on the field. I just wanted to rock! :(

I actually got one in Arena from Unstable Portal too, interesting you can get cards you can't even draft from it... I mean I know it can give you cards from other classes you normally can't draft as a Mage (but can as the corresponding class), but Unstable Portal can seemingly give you cards that are normally not even permitted at all in Arena lol.

Visceir

I actually got one in Arena from Unstable Portal too, interesting you can get cards you can't even draft from it... I mean I know it can give you cards from other classes you normally can't draft as a Mage (but can as the corresponding class), but Unstable Portal can seemingly give you cards that are normally not even permitted at all in Arena lol.

His arena entry is quite impressive tho

tylerf

I hate this new fatigue mage trend. It's kind of unfun to play against. Feels like it totally removes playing the game for a match of who can draw more fortuitously.

I hate this new fatigue mage trend. It's kind of unfun to play against. Feels like it totally removes playing the game for a match of who can draw more fortuitously.

Sometimes it just takes some time to figure out how to increase your chance to win against new decks. I haven't run into it enough to really judge it myself though. Haven't even played much this season and I am still low rank.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The mercy of combo decks is that once the combo is out, the game ends quickly (except in the case of Eggs), because it either wins the game or fizzles out.

Stalling control decks, however, are not as kind. You will watch yourself lose over the course of 30 minutes and you'll like it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Just opened a new pack and got my first legendary.
WDF7ZWl.jpg
Now if I could ever use it...

Dahbomb

The trick to fighting against Fatigue Mage is to silence the Deathlords, save removals for Doomsayer and to make sure they don't have a board at all (because they are always going to Echo the board).

I am not even kidding. If you silence the Doomsayer they will just Echo it again (unless you remove the 0/7 body which is actually a good idea). They can Echo the Deathlords but at least you will have less draw out from your deck to worry about.

Seems like for rogue or perhaps just my deck, huge blade flurry wins the match. Just like every other match up. Clean board, leave them with dead echoes and coldlight oracles in hand.

-

Speaking of blade flurry...
Just had an interesting match vs mage where he polymorphed gallywix, giving me a poly. The next turn I prep->poly his shredder, deadly poison, hit face, blade flurry, then play a 10/10 van cleef. Blade flurry being the MVP of that combo.

tylerf

The trick to fighting against Fatigue Mage is to silence the Deathlords, save removals for Doomsayer and to make sure they don't have a board at all (because they are always going to Echo the board).

I am not even kidding. If you silence the Doomsayer they will just Echo it again (unless you remove the 0/7 body which is actually a good idea). They can Echo the Deathlords but at least you will have less draw out from your deck to worry about.

I definitely learned this lesson by trying to play around a duplicate with dancing swords and coldlight on the board only to have it echoed anyway.

zoukka

I think of him more like a worse antonidas. If antonidas had low stats, only worked off 1 mana spells, and gave slow cards.

Auctioneer digs for win conditions.
Antonidas creates win conditions.
Gazlowe creates mediocre minions that are too low impact and too late in the game. Also only works with 1-mana spells.

Ugh, lost to a Warlock in Arena who had Mal'Ganis and Leeroy on top of a solid deck. Meanwhile I got to choose between the crappy murloc and pirate for my one epic. Sigh.

Is Unstable Portal just a random minion or is there weighting as to the card quality behind the scenes?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I may swap boom out for windrunner in my mech mage deck. He does very little other then invoke bgh.

Archmage guy usually provides a ton of power for me, turn 9 play him and 2 spare parts, turn 10 unleash the fire balls.

Dahbomb

Honestly I just run Ragnaros in Mech Mage. I just rush face as much as I can (like you are supposed to do) then put down a Ragnaros for some yolo reach for the kill. Antonidas after that (and by after I mean after they BGH it).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm running a ghetto priest deck.

thoughtsteal 1
1. Tyrion
2. Dr Boom

thougtsteal 2
1. Dr Boom
2. Sword of Justice

On a side note I have the worst luck with packs. I have never pulled a useful legendary.

Anybody just watch this ESL Hearthstone game? Guy plays a Sneed's Shredder, it dies, spawns a Kel'Thuzad that revives the Sneed's. It dies again, and it spawns another Kel'Thuzad.

FeD.nL

Anybody just watch this ESL Hearthstone game? Guy plays a Sneed's Shredder, it dies, spawns a Kel'Thuzad that revives the Sneed's. It dies again, and it spawns another Kel'Thuzad.

Yeah just saw it happen. Pretty sure now that the legendary you get is decided the moment you play it and duplicating it just gets you the same version with the same legendary attached to it. Had it happen with all the shredders I faced/played and that were resummoned due to some effect.

Not sure what's going on. In an arena match, they have a hovering card out. Saw it but it was never played. Timer isn't running down. I'd think I was dc'ed but they have emotes coming through and I can see them highlighting their cards. Any ideas?

Edit. I guess I was desynced or disconnected or something. When I didn't see them highlighting anymore I killed the program and went back in and I had my arena rewards. I thought if I could see them mousing over stuff I was still connected, but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom