• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Yeah just saw it happen. Pretty sure now that the legendary you get is decided the moment you play it and duplicating it just gets you the same version with the same legendary attached to it. Had it happen with all the shredders I faced/played and that were resummoned due to some effect.

WUT

FeD.nL

Sorry meant revive effects. I was running this control paladin when GvG just came out with redemption to test things out. Revived my sneeds twice and got me the same legendary when the revived one died. But it did not happen on a faceless manip, might just try that deck again to see if it happens again but i'm pretty sure now.

Not sure what's going on. In an arena match, they have a hovering card out. Saw it but it was never played. Timer isn't running down. I'd think I was dc'ed but they have emotes coming through and I can see them highlighting their cards. Any ideas?

Edit. I guess I was desynced or disconnected or something. When I didn't see them highlighting anymore I killed the program and went back in and I had my arena rewards. I thought if I could see them mousing over stuff I was still connected, but I guess not.

Yeah it happens from time to time and is really annoying. Just one of those things with always online games.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I'm in arena, and I have Force Tank Max. It still has its divine shield.

The guy silences it with an owl, and THEN plays blood knight.

Qt9p1fP.png

Yeah just saw it happen. Pretty sure now that the legendary you get is decided the moment you play it and duplicating it just gets you the same version with the same legendary attached to it. Had it happen with all the shredders I faced/played and that were resummoned due to some effect.

And he just did it again with Sneed's in this game.

ClueLess

Neo Member
What are some good sites/streams to learn about drafting for arena ? I managed to get 7 wins playing mage but I felt I could have made better picks.

On an unrelated note, I just started playing a month ago and I have to say I'm really enjoying this game so far. I've been able to collect enough cards to play a variety of decks, and warrior, paladin and rogue are probably my favorite classes to play. Only thing I dislike so far is playing against fatigue decks.

I was wondering about this earlier. I saw a guy Faceless his own Sneed's Old Shredder. Both produced a Gruul when they died.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, looking back its a shame Gelbin Mekkatorque's summons can backfire so hard, he would be a pretty good card if they couldn't. Oh well.

What are some good sites/streams to learn about drafting for arena ? I managed to get 7 wins playing mage but I felt I could have made better picks.

On an unrelated note, I just started playing a month ago and I have to say I'm really enjoying this game so far. I've been able to collect enough cards to play a variety of decks, and warrior, paladin and rogue are probably my favorite classes to play. Only thing I dislike so far is playing against fatigue decks.

hafu is pretty great at arena: http://www.twitch.tv/itshafu

guardsmanbob streams arenas a lot and is pretty good. although he's streaming heroes of the storm now. http://www.twitch.tv/guardsmanbob

i think most streamers are getting out of the way of the ESL tourney tonight.

gutshot

heartharena.com will help you build a deck and you can also track your wins/losses and rewards.

Dahbomb

I was averaging 6 wins for Arena for the past week and today I had a crushing series in Arena with my Mage. It was a great fucking deck, I could've gone 10+ wins. Went only 2-3, was really disappointed. My last game was pretty bad though, I practically gifted the opponent a Tank... I was definitely on tilt. The two games I won were such one sided stomps and displayed the raw power of the deck but other times (aside from the Priest match) I didn't get to play essentially.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If you play a minion into a secret, does that trigger before or after the battlecry?

Had a scenario where the opponent had 3 minions and what I figured was a mirror entity. The board was pretty nasty so I used flamestrike, but I had an MC tech in my hand and was curious if that would have actually worked. Like it pops the secret, makes a fourth minion and then grabs one, but I didn't want to risk it then.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If you play a minion into a secret, does that trigger before or after the battlecry?

Had a scenario where the opponent had 3 minions and what I figured was a mirror entity. The board was pretty nasty so I used flamestrike, but I had an MC tech in my hand and was curious if that would have actually worked. Like it pops the secret, makes a fourth minion and then grabs one, but I didn't want to risk it then.

From what I have read, Battle Cry will activate first, then the secret will kick in.

Vitanimus

Oh I got a golden black knight so I think I'm gonna DE it for something more essential

is Dr. Boom a good call? are there any cards that are 'go to' when first starting out crafting?

ViviOggi

Oh I got a golden black knight so I think I'm gonna DE it for something more essential

is Dr. Boom a good call? are there any cards that are 'go to' when first starting out crafting?

Boom is the best legendary you can craft right now, fits almost anywhere and in the somewhat likely case of a nerf you'll just get your dust back.

Taz

You can either craft a legendary or look online at some 1000-2000 cost decks for your favourite class. In my opinion it's best to try and make a deck that can carry you to rank 5 because it'll learn you the game alot quicker than crafting a single legendary, unless you've got a nice deck already and you want to enhance it.

inky

12-0
The dream. Pretty crappy deck, only 1 truesilver.

FjgrVpB.jpg

Yea, other than the 4 Consecrations that's really nothing to call home about. Lot of decent cards but no Mustard or Equality even. Well done.

I once faced a guy who hit me with 5 of them in the first 15-20 cards. He utterly destroyed me. One of them paired with equality too =/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Top decked to the extreme for a victory last night. A drake which drew a frost bolt, which with a stolen mana wyerm and a attack damage spare part gave me the exact amount for leatal. Could have also pulled out a fire ball for a win, but frost bolt made it exact.

Would have lost next turn since the other guy played archmage and had a fire ball in hand, and I was at 3 hp.

Kssio_Aug

I've started it just now. Played through the 5 first matches, and now am trying to beat a hero. The 1st deck is really that bad, or the problem is with me? lol I'm being punched strongly.

The last attempt though I almost killed the warrior, he was with 1 HP but beated me before. I builded a simple deck, but I think it wasnt very decent after all.

I'm not used to card games though. Still, this one seems very good!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You know, looking back its a shame Gelbin Mekkatorque's summons can backfire so hard, he would be a pretty good card if they couldn't. Oh well.

He's essentially gimped on purpose since he's a promo card like ETC. He's just for funsies.

johnsmith

remember me

Keep the black knight. He's too good too de and is a staple legendary everybody needs.

Cipherr

I've started it just now. Played through the 5 first matches, and now am trying to beat a hero. The 1st deck is really that bad, or the problem is with me? lol I'm being punched strongly.

The last attempt though I almost killed the warrior, he was with 1 HP but beated me before. I builded a simple deck, but I think it wasnt very decent after all.

I'm not used to card games though. Still, this one seems very good!

Yep just keep at it. Building a deck is something you will get better at. It took me a while to be able to build a good balanced deck with enough low mana cards to have early plays, without forgetting to have a decent mid game and end game also.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So basically post GvG unless it's an AOE dmg card it's pretty much worthless to carry 2 dmg cards now right with so many low cost minions starting with 3 HP?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So basically post GvG unless it's an AOE dmg card it's pretty much worthless to carry 2 dmg cards now right with so many low cost minions starting with 3 HP?

Yes.

Even Consecrate is seeing hard times because minions are so sticky these days.

johnsmith

remember me
Drafted a really good arena deck, but holy shit. The opponents I'm facing and the rng they're getting, gonna crap out at 3 wins. This should have been a 7 wins deck at least. Faced a full on mage mech deck at 2. Constructed quality mech mage. It's been insane.

Nvm, 10 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom