• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Anyone else in the boat of doing every daily quest since GvG started (plus the 3 free packs) and still no legendaries? I mean, they did add some right?

Trump's reaction to drawing flame leviathon is worth checking this video out for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpiAYXvCo9s

also 5/6 undertaker on turn 3 #balanced

Hah, that was great! Awesome to see someone that plays the game this much can still get so giddy over it.

I'm doing the recommended expert practice play to get all my classes to level 10. Is it normal to lose about 75% of the time? Am I just that bad? I've read about tempo and have been concentrating on that the most.

manhack

Auctioneer digs for win conditions.
Antonidas creates win conditions.
Gazlowe creates mediocre minions that are too low impact and too late in the game. Also only works with 1-mana spells.

I got Gazlowe in my F2P account on EU and have been able to beat control warriors with a Paladin mech deck with Gazlowe as a finisher. My deck doesn't even have equality or Quartermaster because I don't have them. You get some REALLY good mechs more often then you would think. With control warrior you always get them to fatigue.

I'm doing the recommended expert practice play to get all my classes to level 10. Is it normal to lose about 75% of the time? Am I just that bad? I've read about tempo and have been concentrating on that the most.

You probably are :) but more practically you get to level 10 to get all the cards, so don't be discouraged.

Once you have all the cards you can beat expert almost all the time with a balanced deck and a bit of knowledge.

The biggest beginning error is probably going for damage to the other hero rather than controlling the board. Try to have every minion you play take out two or more of the opponents minions. If you can do that, you will win. If you can't do that (you often find it costs two or more of your minions to trade with one of theirs) get better minions or more synergy to boost the ones you have.

Strider

I haaaaaaate this card

Kill_Command%28488%29.png

I would love it if Blizz made this card only work on minions.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hunter is definitely in the top tier of arena now. Behind paladin and mage obviously, but up there with priest.

Uh, almost nothing changed for hunter. How are they top tier now? I don't think Glaivezooka does enough to call them top tier now...

Magnus

I need to take some of the suggestions in this thread and step my arena game up. I routinely go 0-3, or 2-3 at best. I do decently in constructed. I tend to cap out at rank 15 or 14 each month with limited playtime. Am I possibly just drafting terrible cards for the arena?

johnsmith

remember me
Uh, almost nothing changed for hunter. How are they top tier now? I don't think Glaivezooka does enough to call them top tier now...

Because they can put you on a clock in a way no other class can. If you don't control the board early and keep control you'll get wrecked as they wear down your life total torn by turn. As you contest the board they'll keep pinging you in the face every turn.

Or as the guy behind hearth arena puts it
http://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/2rfrr6/gvg_arena_class_tier_list_part_1/
Hunter. I've been on the Hunter bandwagon since the early days of GvG, after seeing the effects of the GvG meta. The ability to end the game is exponentially greater for the Hunter than any other class. As a class that's always just needed one good turn to win the game, the added consistency of the early game and the ability to come back onto the board with sticky minions, and the propensity for opponents to overextend (in need of those extra attacks) all play perfectly into the Hunter's trap (figuratively speaking, Rexxar's actual traps still suck besides Freezing). The fact that all beasts are must-removes further solidifies the Hunter's advantages in a meta that's short on attacks. When people think of the Hunter, they often think of a mindless face-Hunter, but that's only one way to play this flexible class. You can watch our triple-commentary 12-win mid-ranged low-value Hunter run from two nights back here: http://youtu.be/ZopLDIN8gGw?t=1h20m58s. A ton of decisions here, anticipation, and generally outplaying the opponent. As a Hunter, you hit your opponent where it hurts the most, his options. By limiting your opponent's options, even skilled players have no room to move. I've been a part of more 12-win runs with Hunter in the GvG meta (after first week of release) than any other class, by a longshot. While the Mage has the flexibility with its hero power, the Hunter has flexibility with its draft. The aggro-Hunter bailout is one of the most powerful drafting options. Finally, Glaivezooka. It is the best common card released in GvG. We had it top tier since before the release, and it's more than lived up to expectations. Not a huge surprise. Give a weapon-less class in need of early game consistency a top-tier-earlygame weapon, while doubling as reach in the class with the most reach... a gamechanger.

ZealousD

Because they can put you on a clock in a way no other class can. If you don't control the board early and keep control you'll get wrecked as they wear down your life total torn by turn. As you contest the board they'll keep pinging you in the face every turn.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/2rfrr6/gvg_arena_class_tier_list_part_1/

The stats on Arena Mastery tell a different story. They show that the placement of hunters is unchanged since GvG. http://www.arenamastery.com/sitewide.php?date=26

To me Hunter is like Druid. You'll either craft an amazing deck or a terrible one.

Either way you'll still likely lose to Mage.

Dahbomb

Give a weapon-less class in need of early game consistency a top-tier-earlygame weapon, while doubling as reach in the class with the most reach... a gamechanger.
This makes no sense, how is Hunter a weapon-less class? Eaglehorn is godlike and is used in every fucking Hunter deck.

In Arena I would rank the classes as : Mage > Paladin > Priest > Hunter > Shaman > Druid > Rogue > Warlock > Warrior

I think Hunter and Shaman are fairly close actually. Fire Elemental is still godlike and the hero power is also very good in the Arena format. A lot of Shaman cards can finish the match really quickly.

johnsmith

remember me
This makes no sense, how is Hunter a weapon-less class? Eaglehorn is godlike and is used in every fucking Hunter deck.

In Arena I would rank the classes as : Mage > Paladin > Priest > Hunter > Shaman > Druid > Rogue > Warlock > Warrior

I think Hunter and Shaman are fairly close actually. Fire Elemental is still godlike and the hero power is also very good in the Arena format. A lot of Shaman cards can finish the match really quickly.

Eaglehorn bow is rare, and gladiator's longbow is epic. It wasn't uncommon for them to have weaponless drafts before gvg. Glaivezooka is common. I don't know the exact percentages, but it's gotta be at least 50% chance to draft 1.

Dahbomb

Eaglehorn bow is rare, and gladiator's longbow is epic. It wasn't uncommon for them to have weaponless drafts before gvg. Glaivezooka is common. I don't know the exact percentages, but it's gotta be at least 50% chance to draft 1.
Ah I see that makes more sense. Still the way he stated it was just factually incorrect.

Still torn on what to do with my dust right now. I can either strengthen my current decks with two legendaries, or craft about exactly what I need for freeze and fatigue mage. It's hard to say how much of a fad those two are vs. just straight up getting like Dr. Boom and probably The Black Knight. Dr. Boom does unlock mech mage as well as adding to whatever.

ShinNL

People can put more taunts in their deck when everything goes to your face. That Trump's mage deck was greedy, a deck based on having a ton of awesome cards in your hand.

I beat Hunters with Warlock (5 taunts and 3 taunt givers) and Rogue (lots of removal, mill, actually giving them cards) more often than not.

Trump's mage deck is not that different compared the Hunter's: it tries to force your opponent to react because you will seem like you have endless resources. Hence the low amount of heals and taunts, he got too comfy in that play-MY-game zone.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Think about it. A hunter can play a one mana creature, then pyroblast for six mana. Six mana!
And 2 cards.

Did you know Mage can cast SUPER PYROBLAST, for only 8 Mana! Thats right, more damage then normal Pyroblast, Super Pyroblast does 12 damage! All you have to do is Fireball the face twice.

Hell, Mage can do 9 damage + freeze for 6 mana too, and they don't need any cards on the field. Truly amazing.

My greatest moment... I beat a new age fatigue mage with deathrattle shaman!!!! It came down to the last and I mean very possible moment where the next turn's fatigue was lethal for both of us but I figured out the math before them :D (I started fatigue-ing from 20hp and them from 3).

Got that felt so good. They were such a dick the entire match.

Fatigue Mage is the most cowardly piece of shit deck.

I'm salty because the guy maneuvered a Doomsayer into being stolen by a Kel'Thuzad rezzed Sylvanas wiping my board when I had one card left in deck.

Vitanimus

Boom is the best legendary you can craft right now, fits almost anywhere and in the somewhat likely case of a nerf you'll just get your dust back.

You can either craft a legendary or look online at some 1000-2000 cost decks for your favourite class. In my opinion it's best to try and make a deck that can carry you to rank 5 because it'll learn you the game alot quicker than crafting a single legendary, unless you've got a nice deck already and you want to enhance it.

Keep the black knight. He's too good too de and is a staple legendary everybody needs.

thanks for your replies :) I should've clarified that when I got the golden black knight, I already had it in my deck!

JSR_Cube

Fatigue Mage is the most cowardly piece of shit deck.

I'm salty because the guy maneuvered a Doomsayer into being stolen by a Kel'Thuzad rezzed Sylvanas wiping my board when I had one card left in deck.

Ya.. the fatigue decks are getting annoying. I really know what Blizz plans on doing long-term. But the fatigue decks are just really boring to play against. I'd rather be rushed to death in the first three turns.

ZealousD

Did you know Mage can cast SUPER PYROBLAST, for only 8 Mana! Thats right, more damage then normal Pyroblast, Super Pyroblast does 12 damage! All you have to do is Fireball the face twice.

To be fair, Fireball seems pretty deliberately OP.

Special C

I wish I could make Warrior work in arena but they are just so bad. Funny that Fiery War Axe is probably the best arena card in the entire game yet Warrior still sucks.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wow, Warlock seems OP......or I've just been playing scrubs lately

Warlock is still my favorite class, both in Hearthstone and in WoW. I don't always win with warlock but I almost always have fun playing it win or lose.

On another note, I bought the last four wings of Naxx Friday night and then blasted my way through all of it over the weekend, both the normal matches and the class challenges. That was damn fun, I hope they release more content like that. I've tried a few of the heroics but haven't won even one of them yet. I may need some better cards to bolster my decks for the heroics.

On that topic, I really wish there were more ways to earn gold in Hearthstone. I'm sitting now with zero daily quests, and since I only get one per day it just seems like the gold earning rate is sooo slloooowwwwww. I need to earn card packs, both classic and GvsG. I should have never stopped playing for that half a year, lol.

Magnus

Warlock is still my favorite class, both in Hearthstone and in WoW. I don't always win with warlock but I almost always have fun playing it win or lose.

On another note, I bought the last four wings of Naxx Friday night and then blasted my way through all of it over the weekend, both the normal matches and the class challenges. That was damn fun, I hope they release more content like that. I've tried a few of the heroics but haven't won even one of them yet. I may need some better cards to bolster my decks for the heroics.

On that topic, I really wish there were more ways to earn gold in Hearthstone. I'm sitting now with zero daily quests, and since I only get one per day it just seems like the gold earning rate is sooo slloooowwwwww. I need to earn card packs, both classic and GvsG. I should have never stopped playing for that half a year, lol.

Agreed. Maybe for accomplodging certain feats in battle. Hitting for over 20. Or winning on turn 6 or earlier. Or whatever.

Magnus

Is Dr. Boom the de facto best legendary to craft now for general purposes?

I'm running a Priest main, and as much as I want to try out these superstar ladder decks I see online, I'm crippled by my lack of legendaries. I need to start making them I guess. I can DE some stuff now to finally make one.

Like this one deck has Sylvanas, Dr. Boom, Vol'jin and Rag in it. lol

I can stick some stand-ins in, but yeah, I'd like to at least run one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom