• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Is Dr. Boom the de facto best legendary to craft now for general purposes?

I'm running a Priest main, and as much as I want to try out these superstar ladder decks I see online, I'm crippled by my lack of legendaries. I need to start making them I guess. I can DE some stuff now to finally make one.

Like this one deck has Sylvanas, Dr. Boom, Vol'jin and Rag in it. lol

I can stick some stand-ins in, but yeah, I'd like to at least run one. lol

boom can go in basically any deck, yeah. definitely the best 7 drop.

Love it. I think I'm gonna go for it.

I'm 400 dust short. I can either DE some class epics I'm not using or the Leeroy I just got last week. (or the Al'akir I got a few months ago....) What to do, what to do...

Vitanimus

I had no idea I could craft so many cards I was missing with just one DE golden legendary
52b0f867.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can either DE some class epics I'm not using or the Leeroy I just got last week. (or the Al'akir I got a few months ago....) What to do, what to do...

You really don't want to dust cards long term, unless the card is complete garbage-tier awful. Like Hungry Crab or Milhouse bad. Al'akir is a really good card and is run in a lot of Shaman decks, you really should have him. Its so much better to unpack the cards you need rather than craft them, if you dust everything it'll hurt you in the long term.

Magnus

You really don't want to dust cards long term, unless the card is complete garbage-tier awful. Like Hungry Crab or Milhouse bad. Al'akir is a really good card and is run in a lot of Shaman decks, you really should have him. Its so much better to unpack the cards you need rather than craft them, if you dust everything it'll hurt you in the long term.

Word.

It's just rough in the meantime when you're playing a deck that's missing those critical cards that it feels like everyone else is running.

I decided to do one last binge on some card packs and went with GvG this time in the hopes of a Vol'jin, Dr. Boom or some other great epics and legendaries. I got a Blingtron 3000. lol.

Worth keeping around?

I'm wary of cards that give anything to the opponent.

That said, I think giving them a random weapon might be a sweet way to overwrite their current weapon which might be a pain in my ass, like an Eaglehorn or that warrior weapon that's 7/1.

edit-

After doing a bunch of reading and research (and listening to you guys), I think I've learned not to be DEing any legendaries unless they're undeniable shit-tier and widely recognized as such. (seems like Captain Greenskin is a good example, lol).

I DE'd a Mukla really early on (my first legendary in a card pack), and I'm still not regretting that, fortunately. I'm going to keep my legendaries around (Al'akir, Leeroy, Blingtron) and DE other things to get to a Dr. Boom. I think I'd really like Vol'jin instead right now, but I also want to craft a neutral I can use in multiple decks.

ViviOggi

Sometimes I wish there was a casual mode where you play with people who only spent gold like myself, and avoid those with 4-5 golden legendaries.
Wouldn't change a thing

If anything you'd have a harder time since you'd filter out the new whales who have the cards but no experience

Game's been out for more than a year, most players with large collections have simply started way earlier than you

FeD.nL

Started trying out Gazlowe priest and I think Mind Vision is bugged. Used it 7 times so far and every time my opponent had a spare part I would get the spare part from mind vision. happened 5 times and i'm not talking about a 50/50 but sometimes my opponent had 6+ cards in hand and 2 consecutive mind visions resulted in two Reversing Switches.

ZealousD

I've been watching YuGiOh on Netflix for shits and giggles. Everyone in this show is terrible at card games. After actually playing a card game you get a whole new perspective.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is Dr. Boom the de facto best legendary to craft now for general purposes?

I'm running a Priest main, and as much as I want to try out these superstar ladder decks I see online, I'm crippled by my lack of legendaries. I need to start making them I guess. I can DE some stuff now to finally make one.

Like this one deck has Sylvanas, Dr. Boom, Vol'jin and Rag in it. lol

I can stick some stand-ins in, but yeah, I'd like to at least run one. lol
I think Sylvanas still takes the cake, but boom is a good second. I think he works better in decks with multiple bgh targets though.

Dreavus

Hey guys, longtime reader of Hearthstone GAF and I have a question:

If they nerf Dr. Boom would I get 3200 gold from my golden one?

Any time they make changes to a card, the card disenchants for it's full enchant cost... So yes (for a few weeks after any changes IIRC).

inky

Hey guys, longtime reader of Hearthstone GAF and I have a question:

If they nerf Dr. Boom would I get 3200 gold from my golden one?

Yes, you get full disenchant value on any card after it's been modified (nerfed or improved) for a small period of time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Paladin plays seal of light.
I'm at 2 life.
Paladin concedes
???

I think he mistook my guys for taunters because I played Enhance-mechano the previous turn.

Paladin is impossible to win at as Druid. I should just start auto-conceding to save time.

I don't know the exact stats but it's something obnoxiously low - 20% or less win rate.

ViviOggi

Does the game record your Lost x Victory rate? How can I check that?
Hearthstone doesn't record shit, you can check your total wins on the quest screen but that's it. It's pretty sad actually. If you want any stat tracking whatsoever you'll have to resort to 3rd party tools like Hearthstone Tracker.

Kssio_Aug

Hearthstone doesn't record shit, you can check your total wins on the quest screen but that's it. It's pretty sad actually. If you want any stat tracking whatsoever you'll have to resort to 3rd party tools like Hearthstone Tracker.
Allright! Thanks!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's probably recorded internally but they won't ever share these stats because TOXIC.

Kssio_Aug

It's probably recorded internally but they won't ever share these stats because TOXIC.

At least me, as a noob, dont need to care too much for how much I lose! Lol
Not that this is a good thing though. This data should be recorded in any competitive game.

Levi

Banned
I feel like rank achieved, and best arena key earned are better representations of where you stand in Hearthstone than a flat win loss ratio anyway.

I feel like rank achieved, and best arena key earned are better representations of where you stand in Hearthstone than a flat win loss ratio anyway.

They are going to have to do something about the ranking problem eventually. It is way harder to get from 20-17 than from 17-10 or even 5. That's not right. The obvious answer is more rewards, or longer seasons. I'd prefer the latter, quarterly seasons would be better. Dunno how that would affect Blizzcon 2015, but TBH if you're going to qualify for that you will do so anyway almost regardless of the system.

With the few stats you have, you're going to get outliers. I can barely get 3-4 wins when I do play Arena, yet I have a 9-win key I got through basically getting outrageously lucky with curve for multiple games in a row. Same with Ranked, I got to 2 in August because I was really bored. Now I just hang around 12-14 as usual, because I can't really be bothered unless I want to go for Legend.

To be fair, it's not like Blizzard planned on HS being as big on the e-sportz scene as it has, and they are adding stuff even if they are on the standard Blizzard Time schedule.

johnsmith

remember me
I wish they would add gold heroes to arena. Like if you get 12 wins you get a gold hero. Or 12-0 you get all gold cards in your future drafts with that class.

ZealousD

I think they need longer seasons. I don't feel like I can ever play enough games in one month to ever hit legend. Not when I just play casually.

Minsc

Gold Member
I wish they would add gold heroes to arena. Like if you get 12 wins you get a gold hero. Or 12-0 you get all gold cards in your future drafts with that class.

They did respond to a Q&A at one point in the recent past saying they would like to incorporate golden portraits and cards in to Arena, once they're in a good shape to start tackling more mundane things (probably never).

They did respond to a Q&A at one point in the recent past saying they would like to incorporate golden portraits and cards in to Arena, once they're in a good shape to start tackling more mundane things (probably never).

They'll get to it right after that Undertaker nerf.

Magnus

Finally holding my own on the ladder now between some new fun mech mage play, and a beefed up Priest main deck! Two Cabal Priests (in conjunction with Shrinkmeisters - that combo is incredible), a Lightbomb, and Dr. Boom are making all the difference in the world.

I can FEEL opponents going fucking crazy from turn 4 onward as I manage to MC or steal something of theirs almost every turn (between Shadow Madness, Cabal, Thoughtsteal, or actual MC).

Sylvanas would have actually fit the deck more thematically than Boom, haha. But fuck if Boom isn't a brutally imposing presence on the board. Killing or silencing him does nothing against the boom bots. Shit's gotta get nerfed, right?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I love basically losing because I roll a 1/4 crackle. Fucking hate that card why do I keep using it.

lolll I get the 1/4 spell dmg totem, now I have 75% chance to kill his rhino and I still fucking fail. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

I love basically losing because I roll a 1/4 crackle. Fucking hate that card why do I keep using it.

lolll I get the 1/4 spell dmg totem, now I have 75% chance to kill his rhino and I still fucking fail. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Upcoming dream patch notes:
"Let's all forget Crackle ever happened, guys. Just take the 40 dust and let's all move on with our lives."

What deck? If you're playing ramp without combo maybe. But it's a decent matchup for fast or mech druid.

Ramp with 1x combo. They just have a lot of spam (that's usually just outside swipe range) combined with strong late game, heals and devastating board clears. Muster + Quartermaster is scarier than Tirion TBH, and you have to watch out for it. And they usually run Dr. Boom and/or Kel'Thuzad now too as another threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom