• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofist

I love basically losing because I roll a 1/4 crackle. Fucking hate that card why do I keep using it.

lolll I get the 1/4 spell dmg totem, now I have 75% chance to kill his rhino and I still fucking fail. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

But it's a 2 mana fireball!

Yeah I hate the shit too.

Ramp with 1x combo. They just have a lot of spam (that's usually just outside swipe range) combined with strong late game, heals and devastating board clears. Muster + Quartermaster is scarier than Tirion TBH, and you have to watch out for it. And they usually run Dr. Boom and/or Kel'Thuzad now too as another threat.

Yeah I'm thinking of going back to 1 combo for my ramp. Need that win condition when the other player has too many answers.

Haunted

I love basically losing because I roll a 1/4 crackle. Fucking hate that card why do I keep using it.

lolll I get the 1/4 spell dmg totem, now I have 75% chance to kill his rhino and I still fucking fail. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.
Crackle is one of those classic cards that basically reads "deal 3 damage" for me and "deal 6 damage" when my opponent has it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Crackle can do less then 6 damage? I don't think I have ever been hit for only 3 by it.

garath

What the heck. I got a gold sinister strike for hitting level 15 as a rogue? This is a thing? Is the card always gold or is that just lucky?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What the heck. I got a gold sinister strike for hitting level 15 as a rogue? This is a thing? Is the card always gold or is that just lucky?

Always gold. The cards you get at various levels are always the same, and soulbound so you can't dust them.

as a new player i wish there was an option where you could play games without legendary cards. i keep running into people with multiple and i cant do anything besides take the loss, very annoying.

Was up to rank 4 today, back at 6 now. Mainly it's the Paladins I lose to. I feel like Muster and/or Quartermaster need to be nerfed. The pressure is huge and the tempo swing is unrecoverable unless you're a Mage. So you have to worry about that in addition to the typical legendary threats while dealing with the strongest board clear in the game. It's too much.

Shaman give me trouble too, though I don't see as many of them. They're kind of mid-range and typically run Dr. Boom and Neptulon. I have to spend so much effort removing Shredders and other crap like Feral Spirits that they're usually in control of the tempo.

Did face a mill Druid today. Woulda had him but I wasn't expecting the BGH on my Ancient of War. That decision probably lost me the game. Guy played poorly otherwise. And if I didn't have Azure Drakes that I couldn't play, I would've easily taken it. Subbed in Belchers at the moment, probably better anyway in many cases.

Brofist

Finally tried the Fatigue Mage deck today. Went 2-1 at around rank 5-6. Loss was to a Warrior running Iron Juggernaut. I would have easily milled him to death but the mine killed me through Ice Block.

Dahbomb

Got 7-3 Arena today with a Mage deck featuring that 9 mana Legendary spawns Leper Gnomes on enemy kills. Got to use it only a couple of times and its impact on the game was negligible. This card is good in theory but 9 mana is just way too much... way too slow.

I got my 7 wins mostly because of Flamestrike though. Flamestrike is till da gawd!

gutshot

Love stomping Legend card back fools in arena.

Drafted Druid for the first time in a while and I didn't think the deck was that good but I'm 5-1 so far with my only loss due to a DC. It's always nice when a deck surprises.

Dahbomb

I need to stop playing. I'm so on tilt it's not even funny.
I know the feel, when you are on tilt it's really bad.

It also feels like RNGsus is ganging up on your as well.

*Fuck that Rogue today who got lethal with top deck Eviscerate
*Fuck that Paladin today who top decked a Silencer to silence my taunt and hit lethal.
*Fuck that Priest today who top decked Deathwing into top Deck Mind Control (still won that game miraculously)

Can't complain though, RNGsus delivered me some Flamestrikes in time of need as well.

rac

Banned
If sylvanas is on the board with one health and they play knife juggler and muster and the first knife hits does the deathrattle go off before the rest of the squires are in play?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I redesigned Crackle guys! Whatcha think?

Deal 2 damage followed by another 1-2 damage to an enemy minion. Overload: (1)

I've always liked the idea of a spell that gets a double buff from spellpower, and I think crackle fits the theme the best for the idea. Kinda feels like Kill Command if you've got +1 spellpower, and of course it can hurt a lot if you have +2 spellpower, potentially 50/50 a giant or rag or something. I took away the ability to target the face since double buffing with spellpower is just too crazy in the OTK potential.

I wanted to eliminate the RNG completely but 2+1 felt a little too weak and 3+1 felt a little too strong. Compared to the current crackle it's less good with little spellpower but better with more spellpower. Mostly I just hated the huge RNG swing of the current crackle and the 1-2 damage on the backend is significantly less important and frustrating randomness.

JohnCYQ

I redesigned Crackle guys! Whatcha think?

I've always liked the idea of a spell that gets a double buff from spellpower, and I think crackle fits the theme the best for the idea. Kinda feels like Kill Command if you've got +1 spellpower, and of course it can hurt a lot if you have +2 spellpower, potentially 50/50 a giant or rag or something. I took away the ability to target the face since double buffing with spellpower is just too crazy in the OTK potential.

I wanted to eliminate the RNG completely but 2+1 felt a little too weak and 3+1 felt a little too strong. Compared to the current crackle it's less good with little spellpower but better with more spellpower. Mostly I just hated the huge RNG swing of the current crackle and the 1-2 damage on the backend is significantly less important and frustrating randomness.
Err, your text implies that you can only use it on minions, which is a big nerf on top of the reduced maximum damage without spellpower.

That makes it really shitty for Malygos decks since they use it for face damage.

So I'm thinking about trying captain greenskin again in rogue. It'll probably replace the 1 azure drake I am currently running. If you think about it, it is like the battlecry is :draw a card, that card is upgrade, and play the upgrade (assuming you have a weapon).

This way it'll be like having a second assassin's blade, without actually running a second assassin's blade.

I'm not convinced though cause since I am running 2x backstabs, I'm a big fan of azure drake + backstab (as well as thalnos backstab). 3 hp minions are all the rage these days after all.

Miletius

So I'm thinking about trying captain greenskin again in rogue. It'll probably replace the 1 azure drake I am currently running. If you think about it, it is like the battlecry is :draw a card, that card is upgrade, and play the upgrade (assuming you have a weapon).

This way it'll be like having a second assassin's blade, without actually running a second assassin's blade.

I'm not convinced though cause since I am running 2x backstabs, I'm a big fan of azure drake + backstab (as well as thalnos backstab). 3 hp minions are all the rage these days after all.

Azure drake seems pretty essential with all the mechs with 3 health right now. Mechwarper, Snowchugger, 4 mana mech that spits out a 2 mana replacement, Harvest Golem can all be dealt with with a +1 backstab.

Hunter is pretty badass in Arena now. I'm normally a 5 win sort of guy, but both my hunter runs recently went to 9 wins. And my 2nd was a horrible curve too, had way too much lategame but still managed to pull it off.

Levi

Banned
Spent the dust to craft VolJin for my control priest and so far I am underwhelmed. Kind of wish I crafted Lord Jaraxxus so I could try hand lock. Or that spell power boosting 1 drop whose name I can't ever remember, would fit in well with multiple deck styles. Oh well.

Taz

as a new player i wish there was an option where you could play games without legendary cards. i keep running into people with multiple and i cant do anything besides take the loss, very annoying.

You can, cheap decks include Zoo Warlock and Basic Face/Rush Hunter both only costing 500-600 dust, but even if you don't have the dust you can make both these decks for free. I recommend getting Naxx for free cards including some good legendarys plus it's fun to play so win win, if you have Naxx then just look at these decks online.

Just beat an opponent that threw nothing but legendaries/epics after like 5 crystals with a standard mage deck (with Faceless Manipulator, which helped greatly). Feels good man.

Taz

Turn 5, voidcaller on board two doomguards in hand #balanced, feel so dirty when things like that happen the poor face hunter never knew what hit him.

Turn 5, voidcaller on board two doomguards in hand #balanced, feel so dirty when things like that happen the poor face hunter never knew what hit him.

Try a deck built around spare parts, voidcallers and Malganis. Get a couple of stealths and hillarity ensues.

Unstable Portal feels so non-optimal in a mech deck, but it's too good of a card not to include. The salt potential alone is worth it, because you know you're going to get some ridiculous bullshit out of that card, since even a mediocre card becomes amazing when you get a free innervate attached to it. 6 mana Ysera never gets old.

Rapstah

I've now played the game in German, French and Russian in addition to English, and while the French and German voice clips are generally fine, the Russian ones are so much worse. It's like they had one voice actor and one voice actress. It's cool for Russia to get a translation, and the text is spot-on as expected, but sound is sort of lacking.

Xanathus

Is it too soon to say that I'm bored of the current game and want Blizz to at least start hinting at the next expansion or adventure?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I was playing Hearthstone last night, trying to finish my daily of 5 mage wins for 60g so that I can buy one pack of cards, and my admittedly crappy mage deck is having a real hard time winning games at my current rank of 16 (I got there with my constructed warlock deck). After playing 8 matches I had only won 2 of them, and fallen back to rank 18. I then quit and went to bed as it was late and I was tired, but a realization came over me.....

Up around rank 20 I seem to win fairly easily and consistently, but once I work my way down to the 15-17 range then I start facing decks that give my current cards a real challenge. If my only real goal is to earn gold to buy packs, and I honestly don't care what my rank is at all, then maybe I'm better off simply conceding games instantly until I fall my way back to rank 20 and play my games from there? I can finish dailys faster at rank 20 than at rank 16, I can win 3 games for the 10g bonus faster at rank 20 than I can at rank 16.

Is there any down side to simply conceding games instantly over and over again until I fall back to easier ranks for quicker wins? Wouldn't that be a much more time efficient way to earn gold faster?

FeD.nL

I'm really enjoying Gazlowe in priest. Still trying out all kinds things but so far he's been insane everytime I get to play him. But so far it's been either a close win or a close loss. Still a ton of fun though.

So I was playing Hearthstone last night, trying to finish my daily of 5 mage wins for 60g so that I can buy one pack of cards, and my admittedly crappy mage deck is having a real hard time winning games at my current rank of 16 (I got there with my constructed warlock deck). After playing 8 matches I had only won 2 of them, and fallen back to rank 18. I then quit and went to bed as it was late and I was tired, but a realization came over me.....

Up around rank 20 I seem to win fairly easily and consistently, but once I work my way down to the 15-17 range then I start facing decks that give my current cards a real challenge. If my only real goal is to earn gold to buy packs, and I honestly don't care what my rank is at all, then maybe I'm better off simply conceding games instantly until I fall my way back to rank 20 and play my games from there? I can finish dailys faster at rank 20 than at rank 16, I can win 3 games for the 10g bonus faster at rank 20 than I can at rak 16.

Is there any down side to simply conceding games instantly over and over again until I fall back to easier ranks for quicker wins? Wouldn't that be a much more time efficient way to earn gold faster?

No downside. People do this often to achieve 500 wins with a class.

ZealousD

Err, your text implies that you can only use it on minions, which is a big nerf on top of the reduced maximum damage without spellpower.

That makes it really shitty for Malygos decks since they use it for face damage.

Well yes, because if I didn't take away the face potential, you could OTK with Malygos and Ancestor's Call. Just a single Crackle would do over 20 damage. I think any kind of single-target spell that could get a double buff from spellpower would have to be minions only, otherwise the face damage would be potentially insane.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Spent the dust to craft VolJin for my control priest and so far I am underwhelmed. Kind of wish I crafted Lord Jaraxxus so I could try hand lock. Or that spell power boosting 1 drop whose name I can't ever remember, would fit in well with multiple deck styles. Oh well.
Bloodmage something (Thanlos?), I managed to get a Gold version of him from a pack, which was nice.

Unstable Portal feels so non-optimal in a mech deck, but it's too good of a card not to include. The salt potential alone is worth it, because you know you're going to get some ridiculous bullshit out of that card, since even a mediocre card becomes amazing when you get a free innervate attached to it. 6 mana Ysera never gets old.
I really feel Unstable Portal should be reserved for fun decks and arena, its just not consistant at all. I see some Mech Mage deck lists run it and I just shake my head.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The downside is, you are an asshat wasting other peoples time so there's that.

How is conceding games wasting other people's time? It's not hurting their rank in any way and they get free wins, wouldn't that make them happy?

ZealousD

I decided to do one last binge on some card packs and went with GvG this time in the hopes of a Vol'jin, Dr. Boom or some other great epics and legendaries. I got a Blingtron 3000. lol.

Worth keeping around?

Some players are running him with a Harrison combo, but I think it's a bit gimmicky. I don't think he's garbage tier enough to DE him, though.

I think I've learned not to be DEing any legendaries unless they're undeniable shit-tier and widely recognized as such. (seems like Captain Greenskin is a good example, lol).

Captain Greenskin actually isn't shit tier. He gets run in pirate decks, and he can also be run in Paladin to buff Light's Justice (from Muster). He's not garbage, but he is borderline. Most people have difficulty justifying him. I think the actual shit-tier list is pretty small. Thermaplugg, Gruul, The Beast, Hemet Nesingwary, Millhouse, Nat Pagle, Nozdormu, Lorewalker Cho. And that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom