• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When they made Shieldwaifu and Antique Healbot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shieldwaifu made Control Warrior better.

When Control Warrior is good, aggro decks are worse.

When aggro gets worse, other Control decks get better.

When control vs control is common, ramp does pretty well, because it gets to spend its first turns accelerating.

It's all, like, connected, maaaaaaaaaaan.

bunbun777

Playing my warrior deck is petty fun, seems like the only class where I have four or more legendaries in hand and its all going according to plan.

Yeah ramp Druid generally crushes control Warrior, especially if you have the reach with combo.. It's possible to lose, but easily 60/40 or higher. In all the Druid games I played the last week I only lost to Warrior once or twice, and once I shouldn't have - miscalculated a Grom finisher when I had a taunt up.

Anyone else have it so that your opponent has a full turn but as soon as it switches back to you it's already on the rope or the turn even being over? Never seen it before.

gutshot

Got to 10 wins with my so-so druid deck. My pack was shit though so I decided to reward myself by crafting Dr. Boom. Figure even if I unpack him in my very next pack I won't be too mad since once they nerf him I'll have tons of dust.

Just had an amazing Gazlow Priest game. Playing mechs and things and my hand gets filled with Time Rewinders. I'm facing a control Warrior too, so it's just a slow loss. He's at 35+ health. Then Gazlow gives me a Miracle, Iron Juggernaut. Played and replayed that sucker three times. Best part is that two combo'd with each other. I pretty much would of lost without that exact sequence but who cares, it was awesome.

johnsmith

remember me
I've discovered a new law of Hearthstone.

If you make it to 3 wins without losing, you will make it to at least 7 wins. Every single time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sounds corollary to the rule that each Fire Elemental guarantees at least two wins.

We need to keep track of all these rules.

-Highmane Rule. If your Savannah Highmane hits the face once, you win.
-Undertaker Rule. If your Turn 1 Undertaker becomes a 3/4, you win.

Hah, just played a paladin who played his quartermaster before his mustard. I guess he is inexperienced at making sandwiches. Also, it was quite obvious he was planning on making a mustard move since he played a lone knife juggler the turn before, which was just food for my backstab to make a fatter edwin vancleef... enough food references in this game, mmm now I'm hungry.

He conceded, but I had the perfect response and I was even toying around with the idea of clearing his board and playing ragnaros off 8 mana without losing a single guy on my side. I had deadly poison + blade flurry (weapon already on), 2x prep, and ragnaros. I could have played it all... cleared his mustard move and dealt about 20 damage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hah, just played a paladin who played his quartermaster before his mustard. I guess he is inexperienced at making sandwiches. Also, it was quite obvious he was planning on making a mustard move since he played a lone knife juggler the turn before, which was just food for my backstab to make a fatter edwin vancleef... enough food references in this game, mmm now I'm hungry.

He conceded, but I had the perfect response and I was even toying around with the idea of clearing his board and playing ragnaros off 8 mana without losing a single guy on my side. I had deadly poison + blade flurry (weapon already on), 2x prep, and ragnaros. I could have played it all... cleared his mustard move and dealt about 20 damage.

Eh, I have done similar dumb stuff. I did Consecration then Equality by mistake once, instant concede, and another game I was going to stealth boom and freeze the enemy big guy, and instead froze boom.

By the way. I did end up crafting Dr. Boom. He's just too good. If/when he gets nerfed (into unplayability?) I can always reclaim the dust and use it for something else.

Also grabbed a second Quartermaster and Muster for Battle, along with a second Piloted Shredder that I somehow didn't have. So I can play Paladin and mech Mage pretty much to their fullest potentials now.

Have about 1700 dust remaining, bit more if I DE The Beast and a few useless epics. Could grab 2 Doomsayers and 2 Echoes for fatigue Mage, or get another legendary - leaning towards The Black Knight. Him or Harrison probably, but TBK seems more useful in more situations unless you're playing control Warrior and likely aren't running TBK. If I had 3200 dust, it'd probably be an easy Alex instead, along with the Doomsayers and Echoes for both freeze and fatigue Mage. That or Alex + Grom for the full control Warrior experience sans Baron Geddon.

Don't plan on buying any more packs for a good long while (I spent more than I probably should have already), so whatever I choose will have to last me likely a couple months at least.

And speaking of legendaries: I think For Reaper is underrated. He only has 6 attack so he's under BGH range and the cleavr ability is terrifying as hell.

Playing Shaman vs Priest in arena.

He Cabals to steal my healing totem before trading in his dark cultist which buffs the totem. Then plays auchenai and argent squire and ends his turn.

br3wnor

I opened 3 packs in a row with legendaries tonight, I've opened hundreds of packs in past year and never got back to back let alone triplets.

Malorne, mal'ganis and bling tron. 2/3 ain't bad, I'm assuming blingtron is pretty useless? I've been staying away from RNG cards for most part but maybe he's useful on a caster, anyone have luck with him?

Malorne I can see using if I get back into Druid and mal'ganis just seems awesome for a demon deck.

I opened 3 packs in a row with legendaries tonight, I've opened hundreds of packs in past year and never got back to back let alone triplets.

Malorne, mal'ganis and bling tron. 2/3 ain't bad, I'm assuming blingtron is pretty useless? I've been staying away from RNG cards for most part but maybe he's useful on a caster, anyone have luck with him?

Malorne I can see using if I get back into Druid and mal'ganis just seems awesome for a demon deck.

Malorne is poop but I wouldn't necessarily dust him just yet. Mal'Ganis is pretty good, and Blingtron is situationally useful on about the same level as Captain Greenskin. The only thing I've seen him seriously used in is with Amaz control Priest paired with Harrison. Without Harrison the card is pretty junk. Someone played him vs. me in arena awhile back and it gave me a game deciding Gladiator's Longbow.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

I love this post

Sandwiches

Lol

Mutombo

GUYS. I just rolled Dr Boom, Hogger and the Black Knight in my Hunter Arena deck!

I could've gone with Sneeds, or Sylvanas, or Thalnos, or GahZilla, Mukla.

Let's hope I get to 12 this time.

ViviOggi

GUYS. I just rolled Dr Boom, Hogger and the Black Knight in my Hunter Arena deck!

I could've gone with Sneeds, or Sylvanas, or Thalnos, or GahZilla, Mukla.

Let's hope I get to 12 this time.
Oh baby a triple

TwiztidElf

Seriously, I don't know how I still can't be in this. What, am I in the 5% that haven't been invited ffs?

On my battlenet, it comes up as Play, then when I go in, it says: You are not licensed for this. At least a month ago it said "Sorry, you're not invited yet".

Both my kids who couldn't give a fuck have invites ffs Blizzard.

(doh! drunk post - meant to be for HOTS)

I struggle to figure out how he can be constantly and eternally flabbergasted. Every waking moment is a baffling surprise.

It is one thing if he is surprised by having all 3 of his minions roll the 50% chance to be re-directed, and then the 33% chance to hit Mogor. I mean... those are some pretty low odds. But to freak out just because a big minion (Mogor) is played? God damn it is annoying. I used to enjoy watching Amaz but I got tired of the schtick after a while. I still check his short clips on YouTube as they're reasonable doses, but man, come on now. I guess it's working for his career though so I can't hold it against him.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Speakin' of streamers my faves are:
  • Forsen: Super super fun, though the chat is awful.
  • Lifecoach: He explains every movement and decision.
  • Brian Kibler: Same as lifecoach, really informative

VoxPop

Sucks joining the party late and needing a whole bunch of classic cards. I got most of the GvG cards, the decent ones anyway. But all the best legendaries I want in my decks are from classic. Have to keep wasting 100 gold instead of doing arena runs :[

Probably should just buy 40-60 classic packs and call it a day.

Coin -> Unstable Portal -> 6/6 Edwin Vancleef on my first turn felt pretty damn boss though.

Acidote

Forsen receives 40$ donation with the next message:

"Please start roleplaying. If you receive damage act as if you were actually hurt"

Response: Fuck you, fuck your roleplay suggestions and fuck your donation. Thanks for it, bro.

Xanathus

Forsen receives 40$ donation with the next message:

"Please start roleplaying. If you receive damage act as if you were actually hurt"

Response: Fuck you, fuck your roleplay suggestions and fuck your donation. Thanks for it, bro.
Forsen used to be fun to watch but I noticed he has gone into sellout mode and focuses more on the donations rather than the game or stream. I prefer the less viewed streamers like Neirea, Firebat, Kolento and Show.

Acidote

To be honest, I would be a complete sellout if I had his viewership. I would be SINGING the donations messages if I had to. No self respect anywhere to be found.

ViviOggi

Sjow, Kolento, Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler and Hafu/Kripp for arena is all you need. If nobody else is on I'll occasionally watch Reynard, 4skin and Amaz, they're okay in small doses. 4skin says some stupid shit sometimes but the cancer music is still hilarious.

IceMarker

All I watch on Twitch anymore is basically the TSM crew, Massan, Kripp, and Trump. Amaz if no one else is on. Oh and Reynad, but I'm almost never on Twitch while he is streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom