• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i just played this game yesterday until 3 am today, game is pretty damn good! I unlocked all the classes and i guess i have one month to unlock the free expansion otherwise i have to pay if i read correctly. So yeah.....

I still haven't beaten Heroic Sapphiron and Kel.
I only do 2-3 attempts per day, but it's getting annoying.

I just can't get RNG on my side with those fights. :(

zoukka

I still haven't beaten Heroic Sapphiron and Kel.
I only do 2-3 attempts per day, but it's getting annoying.

I just can't get RNG on my side with those fights. :(

Try a facehunter for Sapphiron. It was easily the hardest heroic boss for me as well. Kel wasn't all that hard really.

johnsmith

remember me
So i just played this game yesterday until 3 am today, game is pretty damn good! I unlocked all the classes and i guess i have one month to unlock the free expansion otherwise i have to pay if i read correctly. So yeah.....

You have a month to get the first wing free. The rest of the wings makes no difference when you unlock them, whether money or gold.

Zemm

Err a card in my hand just moved as I played it which meant it went in the wrong place as it wasn't the card i wanted to play? :/// Cost me the game.

It sounds like handlock. And it autoloses to hunter :)

The main reason handlock loses to hunter is because it is very slow to establish board since they aim for big azuredrake value or giants on turn 4. And then they have hunter's mark and deadly shot to deal with the giants once they finally arrive. But, spectral knight reduces the concern to only deadly shot and hunters may only run one of those if any and still has to often luck out on the RNG.

If I used warlock I think I'd still run 2 molten giants, but not 2 mountain giants. I think it would look more like a demonlock deck than handlock.

edit:
This is what I am trying out so far. 3-0 so far:

modded_cotv.png

I haven't actually played a spectral knight yet tho lol, but I guess that is a good thing since I was ahead each match and didn't need to make a difficult to remove taunt minion. So cool getting a free doomguard... and then faceless on it! And it hasn't happened yet, but I could get a free doomguard, poweroverwhelming 2x, then faceless it... 23 damage as early as turn 7. Add in a soulfire or two and its potentially a 30-0 situation.

Minsc

Gold Member
This is the main driving force for myself. Pick a class and try to make a deck I have a lot of fun playing. Only problem is I have no idea how to top my current Shaman deck when I'm done.

Shaman is sorta screwed in the current meta... I don't like playing them much even though they were my favorite class. Best I can do is run them like handlock with drakes, mountain giants and the 3/3 healers as they tend not to burn through cards too fast anyway, it's not a stretch to hit a turn 4 4/9 drake or giant, or let the board fill up and eat a bunch of face damage, then lightning storm 2x molten giants and taunt them, then if you don't die, windfury one, trade the 2/3 guy to get him out of the middle if possible and then FTT and hit for 30.

Burst shaman annoys me when it fails, feels like the cards don't carry enough weight and quickly fall behind, and midrange shaman just gets run right over now.

I wish I had enough for jaraxxus and alakir atm. I don't think I'll be able to earn both those cards even if I try hard, before the tournament.

edit:
wow, I feel like a dunce... knife juggler killed me due to leeroy and I had the opportunity to kill knife juggler before hand.... my god I suck.

Shaman is sorta screwed in the current meta...

Yeah, it can be rough, but I seem to do well enough in these dirty lower ranks. I'm never too worried about the meta since I don't really care about legend, and I'm more about pulling off crazy plays now. Not sure if you have seen my current deck, but I could probably make it more 'legitimate," if I wanted to.

But most of the decks I play are more fast paced, so I either get what I need at the last second, or lose. Though I suppose I don't really know why Shamans are handicapped right now, maybe just because Hunters are so good and they counter them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn just got the new season back... so good.

Acinixys

So this is a pretty amazing budget shaman deck

Ive won 8 in a row with it now

I saw a streamer called Xixo or something using a similar one but with way more legendaries that I dont have, so i improvised. Its pretty funny when you manage to get 4+ minions + Kel + bloodlust combo going on

zoukka

The main reason handlock loses to hunter is because it is very slow to establish board since they aim for big azuredrake value or giants on turn 4. And then they have hunter's mark and deadly shot to deal with the giants once they finally arrive. But, spectral knight reduces the concern to only deadly shot and hunters may only run one of those if any and still has to often luck out on the RNG.

If I used warlock I think I'd still run 2 molten giants, but not 2 mountain giants. I think it would look more like a demonlock deck than handlock.

edit:
This is what I am trying out so far. 3-0 so far:

http://s29.postimg.org/50w70e953/modded_cotv.png

I haven't actually played a spectral knight yet tho lol, but I guess that is a good thing since I was ahead each match and didn't need to make a difficult to remove taunt minion. So cool getting a free doomguard... and then faceless on it! And it hasn't happened yet, but I could get a free doomguard, poweroverwhelming 2x, then faceless it... 23 damage as early as turn 7. Add in a soulfire or two and its potentially a 30-0 situation.

Knight is good in theory, but it might be too slow against hunter. Warlock also struggles to finish hunters off. The moment you gain momentum with big taunted fatties might be already too late due to the hero powers, early disadvantage and you still need to avoid secrets. The problem is that handlock wants to hide behind giant taunts and then burst the opponent down, but there's no hiding from steady shot.

Your deck is much safer than normal handlocks and might be better in the current meta. Traditional handlock is just bad in the current meta (I know because I rode one to rank 1 and yes I am insane).

aborath

Neo Member
So can anyone suggest directions for a warrior deck? I don't have many good legendaries--no Grom or the-legendary-axe-that-I-can't-recall. I can't seem to build one that can win for the life of me... unless you count first-turn concedes, that is.

Expounding upon that, any general deck building tips? In MTG or other card games, I've been able to build successful decks around themes or a tactical focus, but nothing comes together in HS. I guess choosing neutral minions is the most wrenching part; it feels mostly arbitrary.

Dreavus

So can anyone suggest directions for a warrior deck? I don't have many good legendaries--no Grom or the-legendary-axe-that-I-can't-recall. I can't seem to build one that can win for the life of me... unless you count first-turn concedes, that is.

Expounding upon that, any general deck building tips? In MTG or other card games, I've been able to build successful decks around themes or a tactical focus, but nothing comes together in HS. I guess choosing neutral minions is the most wrenching part; it feels mostly arbitrary.

I need some warrior suggestions too. "Control warrior" is often discussed, but that requires several top tier legendaries.

The only reason I have been able to finish warrior dailies at rank 10~ lately is because of my absolute bullshit Brawl luck. Things like Kel'thuzad being the Brawl survivor and bringing back my team at the EOT. Or my opponent's naked Defender of Argus surviving the Brawl after he just dropped it between two molten giants. I can't count on wins like that all the time! My deck needs shield slams so badly it hurts.

aborath

Neo Member
Threw this together earlier. It's fun, but still has a losing record. When did the ladder reset? It may just be that I'm stuck going up against players much better than their rank, or maybe I'm just trying to concoct an excuse. :p

Also, this happened:

nUhHMvG.jpg

Edit: anyone else use Infranview? When I try to "past special (add on the side)", the pasted selection balloons in size (see above), and I can't find a way to resize it.

johnsmith

remember me
Why aren't people playing druid again? Shit is so broken. They never run out of cards, and lol left my board alive? Enjoy 29 damage to the face. At least he didn't topdeck swipe or a druid of the claw and was still able to win.

zoukka

Why aren't people playing druid again? Shit is so broken. They never run out of cards, and lol left my board alive? Enjoy 29 damage to the face. At least he didn't topdeck swipe or a druid of the claw and was still able to win.

Because hunter is better. Without hunter, Druid is still the most bullshit class for sure, there just exists an even more OP class now so the sheep flock that way :)

Lyng

I am still playing druid. Pretty much because its been my favourite class since day one. Even before it became FOTM.
Token druid is pretty strong against the current hunter cancer meta.

zoukka

I am still playing druid. Pretty much because its been my favourite class since day one. Even before it became FOTM.
Token druid is pretty strong against the current hunter cancer meta.

No it's not.

Well it's not the weakest deck for sure, but to say it's "strong" is pretty optimistic. I don't think I lost a single match to a druid when I did the climb from rank 5 to legend.

Zemm

A spectator option like that would be good but i think it's too busy, that cards played thing would be great if you could minimise it to the side and could pop it out when you wanted a quick look rather than it always being there. I prefer to keep it simpler though, some of the tournament overlays so far have reminded me of late 90s websites made in geocities.

Jrmint

I haven't played in a week with the Diablo patch coming out - has the meta changed much at all or is Hunter still dominant?

ViviOggi

A spectator option like that would be good but i think it's too busy, that cards played thing would be great if you could minimise it to the side and could pop it out when you wanted a quick look rather than it always being there. I prefer to keep it simpler though, some of the tournament overlays so far have reminded me of late 90s websites made in geocities.

Yeah that's what they did, it wasn't on screen permanently.

Haunted

I like the updating decklist in Trump's videos. Highlights cards that got drawn, greys out cards that have been played.

Zemm

I saw him drop to rank 18 with shaman earlier, before eventually switching back to hunter :(

Edit: actually that may have been xixzo and I've got them confused because I'm watching sjow now.

Tarazet

I'm still playing the "classic" Handlock deck list and it's definitely spottier than it used to be, but it still eats Zoo for lunch and loses mainly when the opponent's draw is truly preposterous. I run a second owl instead of a second Mountain Giant.

I'm so far liking this paladin control deck's chances versus this aggro heavy meta.

It is the last deck called naxxramas control paladin. http://www.massan.org/#!paladin/cghz

What I like about it is it isn't all focused late game and I can put out pressure as well as respond to aggro.

The only change I made was because I have no harrison jones, I put in kelthuzad to help vs late game control. Just facing what seems like pure aggro though... and maybe 1 priest who was also aggro oriented.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Silly Druid playing Deathlord against a Control Paladin.

Why do you give my Stampeding Kodo such a tasty treat?

Hahah, wow, I just beat a warrior who managed to get like 25 armor off of a SINGLE armorsmith and a single shieldblock.

Some reason the moron played ragnaros on a field of 5x 1/1s I had left over from using kelthuzad the turn before (who was prompted executed). I had equality on hand of course, so ragnaros, you spent 8 mana to trade with 2x 1/1s and equality.

Then I dropped sludge belcher and he ran grommash and weapon into it, which I aldor'd and finished off with a truesilver champion.

The only big threat left being alexstrasza and I have a heal in hand and still tirion + 2 other heals. Dude saw the writing on the wall after I loatheb'd him and finally started removing all that armor - then he conceded.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Some reason the moron played ragnaros on a field of 5x 1/1s I had left over from using kelthuzad the turn before (who was prompted executed). I had equality on hand of course, so ragnaros, you spent 8 mana to trade with 2x 1/1s and equality.

Just because he ran Rag out onto a field of 1/1's doesn't mean he's an idiot. He probably had a hand full of "answer" cards and Rag was the only play that made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom