• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat Brian Kibler with my rogue
feels good bros
5hGeBzp.jpg

Fixed1979

Loosing to a fatigue deck makes me pretty fucking angry, playing for more than 30 minutes just to have the game end by running out of cards is not a whole lot of fun, would rather get stomped by 8/9 UTs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tried to run some Hunter, got beat down to rank 9, went back to Mech Mage and won streak back to rank 5. I have won so many games due to top decking my second fire ball to hit face.

Loosing to a fatigue deck makes me pretty fucking angry, playing for more than 30 minutes just to have the game end by running out of cards is not a whole lot of fun, would rather get stomped by 8/9 UTs.

This is why I run a Kezen Mystic. Just put the thing down before you go for the last hit and you win. Also can help vs hunter, and isn't that bad of a 4 drop if the enemy doesn't run secrets.

Dahbomb

Fatigue Mage doesn't run Ice Block and if they do it's not a good deck. If they need Ice Block to survive the game then they will usually lose the game anyway.

Though the Kezen can help take out their Duplicate which is invaluable for Fatigue Mages to double their Deathlords/Belchers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Aw yeah, stalled the game by just keeping board control and not attacking face to make sure I didn't set off his trap until I drew mystic, stole his explosive trap, and won the next turn. The Kezen Mystic Value!

ZZMitch

Lol so this happened in one of my games tonight.

b2ea6cb9-502f-4ede-8948-a18233867730_zpsa51f5c34.png

Odds that happens are what... 1 in 256?

Also Gazlowe Priest is super fun and actually pretty good as well. Have a 65% winstreak in my first 25 or so games with it. Paladin is a tough match up if I don't do well with the Pyros. I also just found out that it is practically impossible to beat Mill Druid with this deck. It is literally the worst match up ever since my hand is always full of spare parts and shit. Besides that its good tho heh.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm curious to see what happens with secrets in the future (like if other classes get any) as Kezan could become really damn good. As is I sometimes take her in Arena for the wave of Mages which is okay, she creates such a massive swing upon actually hitting.

I was pretty surprised that GvG didn't actually add any new ones.

I think for secret removals to actually be viable there needs to be a cheaper solution. Kezan mystic is balanced for how powerful it can be, but I feel like the cost is too high for what you'd want it for. If there was something like a 2-cost minion that just automatically triggers secrets or somehow destroys them, then it'd be something I might consider running if the meta favors Hunters or Mages again (it will).

Dahbomb

Pretty sure fatigue runs one ice block. Unless something changed in the past week.
Problem is that Ice Block doesn't work when you are about to be damaged from Fatigue as it doesn't trigger on your turn.

Basically what happens with Ice Block in a Fatigue deck is :

1) You don't draw it before you get rushed down by all the aggro shit and lose.

2) You draw it, place it down and it triggers but it doesn't make a difference as you die anyway next turn.

3) You place it down but you win anyway without it triggering.

4) You place it down and in a fatigue war you lose anyway because it doesn't trigger on your turn.

5) You place it and have it trigger to save you from a combo/big nuke and you draw the heals/clears/taunts necessary to win the game.

I have played with Ice Block numerous times in this deck and it doesn't really work. The best utility of Ice Block is to survive some of the big damage combos like the Druid one but it's better to have one more Echo in the deck or one more Taunt/heal.

ViviOggi

Really glad to see the Undertaker nerf.

Now nerf the second most broken card, Mech Warper please.
Nah, Mad Scientist is #2. Double Mechwarper can spiral out of control hard but it's rare enough to be acceptable while you can deal with a single one most of the time. Sure you'll lose the odd game due to a bad mulligan but that's the nature of any control vs aggro matchup in HS.

TheChaos0

That Undertaker nerf is a bit harsh...but on the other hand, I can breathe easier now. They could have just made it a 1/1..or made it so it can only gain +1 only once a turn. Micromachine is better than UT now.

br3wnor

That Undertaker nerf is a bit harsh...but on the other hand, I can breathe easier now. They could have just made it a 1/1..or made it so it can only gain +1 only once a turn. Micromachine is better than UT now.

Yeah a 1/1 nerf would have done the job I think, the extra 1 hp is what made it a bitch to remove if you didn't have the right early counter. Now the card is going to kinda suck, even buffed to a 4 or 5 attack early, you'll remove it easily before it does major damage.

I don't mind the nerf since I'm rarely aggro but just seems a little extreme.

ViviOggi

Yeah a 1/1 nerf would have done the job I think, the extra 1 hp is what made it a bitch to remove if you didn't have the right early counter. Now the card is going to kinda suck, even buffed to a 4 or 5 attack early, you'll remove it easily before it does major damage.

An Undertaker dealing 6 points of damage has done its job. You'll be spending a turn to remove it while the board is already full of deathrattles and keeps growing each turn just like it was before. The only difference is that it doesn't force a turn 3 concede in dream situations anymore and becomes a slightly worse lategame topdick. The Hunter's game plan remains largely untouched, you'll still be clawing your way back into the game after being put at a disadvantage early.

The best thing about the change is that it will finally enable experimentation with the full GvG set that simply wasn't worth it before because a perfect deck already existed.

It's a 1 drop. Talking about how it sucks because it's easy to remove before it wins the game is absurd considering that it comes out on Turn 1. It should be easy to kill, and it shouldn't automatically win games.

embalm

I played the meta last night for the first time and it felt pretty darn good.

I started off rocking the Control Priest and out controlled every match. Even had enough healing to win against 2 fatigue mages. I probably snuck in 5 to 6 wins to a single hunter loss.

Popped back in after dinner and switched over to Death Rattle Priest. Farmed hunters for more wins.

Got tangled up with a control warrior and swapped over to Mech Mage.

I think that's the most movement I've ever made in a single night. Climbed 4 ranks total.

egruntz

shelaughz
Turn 5 Loatheb
Turn 6 Gallywix
Turn 7 Troggzor
Turn 8 "You win this one friend..."

Feels good.

Troggzor seems like such an amazing card. I really need to craft him. I prioritized Dr. Boom though, which wasn't a bad decision by any means.

That order of plays in particular seems NASTY omg. That would make me rage.

Celegus

Troggzor seems like such an amazing card. I really need to craft him. I prioritized Dr. Boom though, which wasn't a bad decision by any means.

He was my first ever legendary craft. I'm sure there are better ones, such as Dr Boom, but it's such a fun card and I love me some Trogdor. I'm not super competitive and don't pay attention to the meta or anything. But pulling a Gallywix the other day has made for some very interesting combos (and a lot of auto-concedes).

I just crafted Troggzor the other day. I put him in a Ramp Druid deck with Dr. Boom and Onyxia. Troggzor is pretty great so far. I haven't pulled it off yet, but Innervate, Innervate, Troggzor should be a really strong play since the only way to really remove that is with spells.

br3wnor

An Undertaker dealing 6 points of damage has done its job. You'll be spending a turn to remove it while the board is already full of deathrattles and keeps growing each turn just like it was before. The only difference is that it doesn't force a turn 3 concede in dream situations anymore and becomes a slightly worse lategame topdick. The Hunter's game plan remains largely untouched, you'll still be clawing your way back into the game after being put at a disadvantage early.

The best thing about the change is that it will finally enable experimentation with the full GvG set that simply wasn't worth it before because a perfect deck already existed.

It's a 1 drop. Talking about how it sucks because it's easy to remove before it wins the game is absurd considering that it comes out on Turn 1. It should be easy to kill, and it shouldn't automatically win games.

Good points, we'll see how the meta shakes out

Miletius

Random observation. I think rogue is finally coming back, been playing a lot of miracle variants lately, by which I mean folks who aren't afraid to put gadgetzans back in their deck.

Made one myself, it's pretty decent against current meta as well.

TheChaos0

As it should be, because it costs 2 mana, not 1.

You know, now that I think about it again. I think the nerf is fine. At very least it is no longer an auto include card. At worst it'll trade with a 2 drop, which is fine for a 1 drop but at least it's killable now if you don't have anything to remove it with turn 1-3.

it should really be something like a 3 or 4 drop that grows when a death rattle minion dies. so you could set up a board and grow it the turn you play it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I see Hunters try to play Call Pet. And I'm always afraid they'll pump out a turn 3 Savannah.

It never happens, and they waste their turn.

gutshot

I see Hunters try to play Call Pet. And I'm always afraid they'll pump out a turn 3 Savannah.

It never happens, and they waste their turn.

I've tried it and it sucks. The ramp effect can be game-winning but you have such a small chance of hitting that it's just not worth the card slot or mana. The fact that "beast" cards like Animal Companion and Unleash the Hounds don't get the ramp benefit really sucks. Unstable Portal is so much better since you are guaranteed to get the ramp benefit, even if it means you are just playing a shitty minion for free.

Dahbomb

The Undertaker nerf is fucking just.

Imagine if Mana Wyrm gained +1/+1 every time the Mage used a spell. Turn one Mana Wyrm, coin Mana Wyrm (2/4 body with 1/3). Turn 2 Frost Bolt to face, 3/5 body with 2/4 (face damage 8). Turn 4 Fireball to face with 4/6 and 3/5 body for total face damage of 21... next Fireball will kill.

Does that sound broken as fuck to anyone? That's because it is and that's what it feels like playing against Undertaker. Mana Wyrms are insane at the start to despite getting only +1 damage per spell used but not getting more health makes it so that they don't get out of control.

johnsmith

remember me
Going to save up all my arena packs until the next xpac comes out and I need the dust. I wonder how many I'll be able to get. Up to 15 now in the last week. If it's really going to be until summer for the next content I'm hoping for 100 packs at least.

ViviOggi

Even if you draw a beast chances are it's an owl, dog or one of the spiders. It's a control card for a class that doesn't have the tools to play control, and a very narrow one at that. With the current beast selection you'd have to include shit cards like King of Beasts or The Beast to get an acceptable chance for a value play. Maybe after four more expansions it'll become more than a joke card.

Call Pet is kind of terrible. You have to build a beast deck for it to really be worth anything, and even then, it might just pull your Kill Command or Eaglehorn Bow. Good job, you just played a card and two mana to get a card. That's just a wasted turn. And there really aren't that many high cost beasts that are worth playing. Savannah Highmane is the only high cost beast that gets any real play. Maexxna, Gahz'rilla, and King Krush would be good cards to draw, but then you're still playing two cards to get them out. Also, those are all legendaries, so with 2X Highmane and those three, you have a total of 5 cards to pull that would significantly benefit. If Call Pet draws anything else, it's pretty much a wasted 2 mana. Call Pet falls into the same trap as Farsight, they're both just shitty versions of Preparation and Innervate.

Special C

Prep is a pretty important card for Rogue isn't it? I always try to build these budget rogue decks. Its hard for me to spent 800 dust on class cards, especially since I play all 9 classes reguarly. Seems like every rogue deck worth anything has prep.

JesseZao

Call Pet is kind of terrible. You have to build a beast deck for it to really be worth anything, and even then, it might just pull your Kill Command or Eaglehorn Bow. Good job, you just played a card and two mana to get a card. That's just a wasted turn. And there really aren't that many high cost beasts that are worth playing. Savannah Highmane is the only high cost beast that gets any real play. Maexxna, Gahz'rilla, and King Krush would be good cards to draw, but then you're still playing two cards to get them out. Also, those are all legendaries, so with 2X Highmane and those three, you have a total of 5 cards to pull that would significantly benefit. If Call Pet draws anything else, it's pretty much a wasted 2 mana. Call Pet falls into the same trap as Farsight, they're both just shitty versions of Preparation and Innervate.

Certainly you should have more beaats in your deck when using Call Pet. How could you forget kodo. Of course you're not just swapping it into the current midrange deck. That would be dumb. It's the same as casting nerfed flare now but with a more consistent upside. Getting a 1 mana kodo or 2 mana highmane is a pretty good win condition component. I didn't run Crush in my call pet deck. I did run a rhino and Gahz. I haven't played it in awhile, but it was a fun deck. My deathwing deck was a variant of it.

Dahbomb

Even if you draw a beast chances are it's an owl, dog or one of the spiders. It's a control card for a class that doesn't have the tools to play control, and a very narrow one at that. With the current beast selection you'd have to include shit cards like King of Beasts or The Beast to get an acceptable chance for a value play. Maybe after four more expansions it'll become more than a joke card.
LOL @ the Beast, the card might as well read "Gets killed on the opponent's turn and Summons a 3/3 for them". That card is unplayable because of BGH and even then its health is too crap to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom