• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Since Deathrattle Priest just lost Undertaker... you're kind of locked into control so:

- Deathlord, Inner Fire, Velen's Chosen,
+ Sludge Belcher, Dark Cultist, SW: Pain

johnsmith

remember me
I think deathrattle priest is still viable without undertaker. It's still a solid midrange deck. Gives you 2 more slots to add more goodies too. Can fit in Harrison Jones now for example.

The Adder

Banned
First post-patch game

Hearthstone_Screenshot_1292015124751_zpsd85bd6c5.png

Feels good.

Not sure what cards you have for Priest, but there's this Holy4000 deck that's out and works decently. Day9 did a daily on it if you'd rather watch someone play it than read it. Personally I substituted some cards to make more Gazlowe inclined deck and it does alright. Take a few expensive cards to work though, so might not be something everyone can run, but I find it fun to play.

ViviOggi

Oh my fucking god I just played the best arena match in the history of Hearthstone

This Huntard made the typical moronic move of preparing my minions for the most obvious Explosive Trap, turn 3 secret + Arcane Shot on my one <3 health minion

Since I'm not a total imbecile I just keep building my board, value trading for anything he drops with a Counterspell up to protect against Unleash the Skill...

... all to set up the turn 10 Mekgineer Thermaplugg OTK!

egruntz

shelaughz
Hearthstone |OT| Undertaker nerf? Oh, goodie!

Perfection.

So I'm disenchanting my golden UTs after I get home. 800 dust. Should I also disenchant my Nat Pagel + Squirrel/Devilsuar legendary to craft another? Ragnaros, Troggzor, Sneed's... Still dont' have any of them. Which one should I get next?

Magnus

Hearthstone |OT| Undertaker nerf? Oh, goodie!

Winner. So good(ie)

-

I took the suggestions here and got the Pyros, Cultists back in, and crafted a Light of the Naaru. Great success. Three (close) wins so far. Games are fun as fuck at Rank 11 and up.

A Lightwarden can get so out of control so fast.
One COH with that and a Cleric up with 3 or more injured minions = GG.

Winner. So good(ie)

-

I took the suggestions here and got the Pyros, Cultists back in, and crafted a Light of the Naaru. Great success. Three (close) wins so far. Games are fun as fuck at Rank 11 and up.

A Lightwarden can get so out of control so fast.
One COH with that and a Cleric up with 3 or more injured minions = GG.

I got a 17 attack Light Warden up from some Wild Pyro/Circle of Healing/Northshire Cleric antics the other day. I hit face with it once, and the Mage just conceded.

Nerfing undertaker and leaving mech mage alone makes little sense to me beyond millking gvg packs.

I think it makes thing worse. More mech mage or more fatigue and stall decks. Yipee

2 games in a row I got to pull off prep + sword oil + sword oil, with a significant board. I beat a control warrior dealing a total of 21ish damage on turn 6, and a fatigue or echo mage on turn 7 with 24 damage for exact lethal.

I even had blade flurry both times but had no mana or need to use it... but imagine if I had another prep, that would be 30+ damage bursts.

"This guy's deck is crazy"

I'm not even aggro lol

Now that Hunter is... less viable, is Freeze Mage an option?

I'm personally still running into hunters. Also, I would be as worried about running into control warrior if not more than hunters. Hunters don't seem to ever run flare anymore anyway.

Nerfing undertaker and leaving mech mage alone makes little sense to me beyond millking gvg packs.

I think it makes thing worse. More mech mage or more fatigue and stall decks. Yipee

Mechwarper may need nerfing, but I'm not convinced personally. Also I rather like playing against fatigue mage, assuming they don't take 20 minutes over the course of their turns. Mech mage is much less consistent than hunter had been which is why it isn't really top tier but more of strong B tier deck.

iirate

Is that a demon list? I want someone to finally figure out Demonlock so I have an excuse to craft Mal'Ganis

No, here's the list:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/155637-tesla-gvg-midrange-warlock

I'm only rank 12(I mostly play arena and just do dailies on ladder for the classes I probably won't be doing arena runs on), but I needed 5 wins and got them all really quickly, no losses(although obviously the priest nearly got me). Aside from the priest, I played against midrange druid, mech mage, zoo, and midrange hunter. The deck looks like zoo early on, so it has a pretty decent surprise factor.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ah crap, I have to update hearthstone manually on my phone every time there's a patch?

Do you? It should be automatic. Though my mobile tablet version didn't seem to actually be updated when I was playing before, I BM taunted a hunter turn 1 for playing under taker, then it still got the bonus HP :(

Here's a question for anyone who's bored, which card do you think is the coolest in terms of sound / voice? There are some pretty sweet ones out there. After using it for a few times, I've really like attacking with Foe Reaper 4000, just sounds so cool. Most m=Mech cards do. Also a huge fan of Kel'Thuzard's attack, was always great when you used him to revive a full board. And my personal classic favorite, the Venture Co. Mercenary.

If anyone else wants to look up / link something, you can go here and search. Once you find a card and go to it's page, there are buttons for the sounds. Also a good way to see what some zero attack minions sound like as well, some which are amazing.

Here's a question for anyone who's bored, which card do you think is the coolest in terms of sound / voice? There are some pretty sweet ones out there. After using it for a few times, I've really like attacking with Foe Reaper 4000, just sounds so cool. Most m=Mech cards do. Also a huge fan of Kel'Thuzard's attack, was always great when you used him to revive a full board. And my personal classic favorite, the Venture Co. Mercenary.

If anyone else wants to look up / link something, you can go here and search. Once you find a card and go to it's page, there are buttons for the sounds. Also a good way to see what some zero attack minions sound like as well, some which are amazing.

Flame Levithan

It makes me wish the card was better.

I just drafted a Paladin deck with 3 Muster for Battle, 3 Truesilver, 3 Consecration, and 2 Hammer of Justice. No Equality, no Quartermaster, and no Wild Pyromancer. I feel like mistakes were made in this drafting process.

EDIT: I made a cameo in Jail's post.

Aaaand, the deck went 12-2. It was a sick deck after all.

Stoze

I finally played a fairly good arena last night, 9 wins. Credit where credit is due, I drafted Baron and it secured me quite a few of those wins.

Nozdormu easily out of those three. I know it would panic the shit out of me in an Arena game.

That's looking like an excellent deck BTW. 2 Fireball, 2 Poly, 2 Chugga, a Portal and 3 Girls? Awesome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sure is rough hearing that fucking "ahhheheheyahahaha" in every single deck despite me being around rank 14 since I don't have BGH.

CoolOff

So, have they changed how secrets trigger?

Faced Handlock, he had two giants, a BGH, and a Healbot on board. I play both Explosive and Freezing, in that order, for the Explosive to trigger first and kill the BGH if he tests with that, which I know is how it used to work.

He attacks face with the BGH, and the Freezing triggers, sending it back, but not the Explosive?!

ViviOggi

SPECIAL DELIVERYYYYYYYYYYY
Really? A 4/7 for 5 is pretty solid.
Yeah, probably too late but I'd take Feugen there. A turn 9 vanilla 8/8 isn't that exciting in current 6pool arena. Like, a game getting to 9+ mana nowadays is usually a topdicking contest where the effect doesn't matter anyway.

SPECIAL DELIVERYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, probably too late but I'd take Feugen there. A turn 9 vanilla 8/8 isn't that exciting in current 6pool arena. Like, a game getting to 9+ mana nowadays is usually a topdicking contest where the effect doesn't matter anyway.

Twist: He gets to 11-2 and the other guy has Stalagg.

JesseZao

So, have they changed how secrets trigger?

Faced Handlock, he had two giants, a BGH, and a Healbot on board. I play both Explosive and Freezing, in that order, for the Explosive to trigger first and kill the BGH if he tests with that, which I know is how it used to work.

He attacks face with the BGH, and the Freezing triggers, sending it back, but not the Explosive?!

If you played them in that order (exp then freeze), my best guess would be that you were tricked by the targeting arrow and he actually targeted something on your board. If you didn't have any minions, you either played them in the other order or it's a bug.

Lovely RNG today.

I had 4 targets for boom bots. Boom bot hits my shade for 4 killing it. 1/4 chance to hit, 1/2 chance to kill = 1/8 chance. I would have won the game if I had that shade.

I still haven't lost. My ragnaros has 4 targets total. 1/4 chance to lose the game. 1/2 chance to survive another round. 1/4 chance to win the game. Guess what happens. 1/4 chance to lose... of course my ragnaros shoots the ancient watcher and not the twilight drake or molten giant or... face which would have won the game.

Even his second boom bot hit my 6/5 van cleef and brought it down to killing range. Boom bot had a 1/3 chance to hit van cleef. If it missed, I probably would have won.

This hasn't just happened this single game. It has happened so many games today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEWmy_6zG8

Kripparian popping off about Dr Balanced.

People who are new should watch it and then be educated on why this card is FAIR AND BALANCED.

Props to kripp, that is really good analysis of the card.

Brofist

Welcome to my last Arena match. :(

My opponent had a Antonidas into that stealth spare part on turn 8. Turn 9 Flamestrike of course, for a board clear too, just to be sure I had no hope of rushing him down. Yeah, this is Arena for you. And this is on top of a turn 2 Mad Scientist (that pulls duplicate) to a turn 3 Acolyte of Pain. Hope they enjoy their 12 wins.

I had someone pull off a stupid Whirling Zap o matic double flametongue totem combo on me and killed me turn 4 today if that makes you feel any better. On top of it I was playing rogue and conveniently pulled zero removal from my deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom