• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
just started playing. got my rank 20 for the cool card back with my paladin deck.

my deck sucks but its fun.

can anyone explain how arena works? you bet gold or something? and play random cards?

You pay 150 gold and craft a deck by choosing 1 out of 3 cards 30 times. You keep playing until you lose 3 times. Your rewards go up as you win more. 7 wins guarantees you get your entry fee back as reward at the minimum.

Trump missed an entire tournament because he showed up at the airport a day late.

I don't count the WCA tourney. There were so many management failures, aside from the fact that they tried to make Trump seem like some kind of American supremacist or something. I know Trump said it was his fault, but the tournament was a joke aside from that.

But that's just me.

Edit: He slept in. xD Bad Trump.

Instead trump was getting a leg up on ladder hitting rank 1 legend while every other sap was competing in a minor tournament.

5bc3fdec4abfec0b3d29acb049714224-donald-trump-is-dr-evil.jpg

Special C

People bash Trump for being boring but I love the guy. He's super polite, not salty, doesn't use a swear word every sentence and explains things well. It's really a breath of fresh air from popular internet culture.

johnsmith

remember me
Trump is the Brick Tamland of Hearthstone.

"People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

So what is everyone's post UT experience? Do you feel the game is much more enjoyable?

Personally I had more fun yesterday than I have had in months, even though some of the RNG in some of the games was devastating (main culprits are goblin blastmage, dr. boom boom bots, and my own ragnaros rng but that RNG at least evened out). I cut ninja ogre because I was just annoyed by the RNG. After I cut ninja ogre my winrate went from like 50% to 70%!

Hey guys, I made a hearthstoneGAF chat room on twitch. Who wants an invite... and how do you invite? (figured out how to invite)

Just gimmie your twitch name and then you can invite anyone.

I don't know if I find him boring or what, but I can hardly stand Trump if there's anyone else of note on.

My favorites right now have to be Savjz and Brian Kibler for chiller streams.

Though I do enjoy some cancer and salt mines. Besides Amaz and Kripp (in small doses).

Tacitus_

Trump's Mage is gonna demolish RDU's Warlock. Trump has Black Knight and RDU just played a Big Game Hunter without a Battlecry target... why?

RDU fucked that up hardcore. Burning both Siphon and BGH before 7 mana just to see Boom drop must've been heartbreaking.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Handlock Guy was really easy to read. He played a turn 4 Twilight Drake into my Mirror Entity (I looked up mid match to see if it would actually copy the stats like I hoped, it does), and then took my bait to kill the turn 7 empty board Antiondas and not heal up, leaving him open to turn 8 doable fire ball.

I think people don't expect this Mirror Entity Mech Mage yet, they play right into it so hard. So many free Sludge Butchers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
it's something that everyone struggles with when starting out. I'm pretty sure I made similar posts. but removal is cheap in hearthstone and most classes have a lot of it.

and I sort of loathe to recommend it but there's always zoo. that deck will always be the cheapest, most efficient deck. until they add a good cheap legendary that fits the archetype.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm gonna stick with it till I can get some better cards on my own. Should be easier as I only have one more wing of Naxx to buy. Then I can spend my coins on card packs.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm gonna stick with it till I can get some better cards on my own. Should be easier as I only have one more wing of Naxx to buy. Then I can spend my coins on card packs.

yeah the density of good cards in naxx is really high.

been thinking about when I first started playing and I had a lot of success with an inexpensive shaman deck. just play a bunch of efficient minions and removal and throw in a bloodlust as a finisher instead of doomhammer or al'akir. I always felt bad scumming it as hunter or zoo. but I'm wondering if shaman would be as effective today. probably since it can really punish mistakes.

For a first pick, I might have gone with KT. It is pretty hard to tell which is better. BGH is an epic in arena so not so often, but ragnaros has RNG that KT doesn't. Rag probably has more swing potential than KT does on average and arena is often a war of attrition and getting minions to stick around means you've won already so KT performs mostly as a winmore card.

I might have picked KT, but I think Rag is better personally. That is of course just my thoughts on a first pick. If its like the 5th or later pick, you have a better idea of what is suited for your deck.

ViviOggi

KT by a country mile. Good decks will deal with Rag while a single value KT trade can seal the deal right there. Also avoids shitty RNG.

JesseZao

I hate the commentary for this tournament, some of the worst ever. So many fake sounding excitement sounds.

Yeah. OHHHHHH nooooo AHHHHH..

It doesn't make the game more interesting to watch. Some Dead Air is much better than Stream Personality 24/7.

First pick arena choice for Druid: Ragnaros or KT

Heartharena says KT but I feel dirty not picking Rag
KT for sure. If you have a board on turn 8 you win after KT and trading. If you don't have a board neither one would save you and you were probably already dead unless they had nothing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom