• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Nice pack to start the morning with:

VqAXRvy.png

It is ridiculous I can go 50 packs without a legendary or epic (which I did) and you get this pack... =(

Grats.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The feeling when you are opening packs, you see the orange glow for the first time in a long time, the voice yells "LEGENDARY", the card slowly turns around...

...and then it's Hogger.

Magnus

Well, THAT was fucking fortuitous. The poster above inspired me to try my luck, so I just bought 15 original packs.

Cenarius, Ragnaros, and Jaraxxus!!!

As well as a Brawl, and some golden rares and commons.

I'm very happy.

Forgot to take screenshots, lol. I was just like, WHA, when I saw the orange glow in packs 2 and 3 out of 15. Was crazy. And then again in pack 13.

rgmJvOQ.png

LlEx7GW.png

lELcj83.png

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Well, THAT was fucking fortuitous. The poster above inspired me to try my luck, so I just bought 15 original packs.

Cenarius, Ragnaros, and Jaraxxus!!!

As well as a Brawl, and some golden rares and commons.

I'm very happy.

Forgot to take screenshots, lol. I was just like, WHA, when I saw the orange glow in packs 2 and 3 out of 15. Was crazy. And then again in pack 13.

rgmJvOQ.png

LlEx7GW.png

lELcj83.png

This just inspired me to drop $10 on packs. Got this:

TBCHox8.jpg

Who wants to continue the legendary chain?

Magnus

Damn, you guys are lucky lol.

I bought 15 classic packs a week ago and I think the best thing I got out of all of them was a Hungry Crab...

I know the pain, dude. I went ages with nothing.

I think I'm through buying GvG packs now since they're arena rewards. Rounded my collection out a lot more with these originals, whereas 90% of my GvG packs seem to get dusted these days.

But damn do I want some of the new legendaries....lol.

Guys. Someone stop me from buying more.....I should quit while I'm ahead, I know. I just feel like there might be a Velen, or an Antonidas, or something waiting for me in another set of packs....

edit-

I should have quit while I was ahead. Bought another round because I'm crazy. One legendary did pay me a visit, but not quite what I wanted...lol.

On the plus side, by DE'ing him and a couple of goldens, I'm close to another legendary craft. What should it be? Got Dr. Boom, Sylvanas and Rag now (can't even believe it), as well as Millhouse below, Jaraxxus, Blingtron, Leeroy, and Al'akir. I feel like I should finally craft a legendary for my favourite class, Priest. Velen or Vol'jin, or maybe Archmage Antonidas because it's the crown jewel in a Mech Mage deck and he's just so cool.

IUNNO. Help.

vF1tWJa.png

This just inspired me to drop $10 on packs. Got this:

TBCHox8.jpg

Who wants to continue the legendary chain?

Grats!!

I did...with Millhouse. lol. Someone else keep it going!

BigAT

It is ridiculous I can go 50 packs without a legendary or epic (which I did) and you get this pack... =(

Grats.

If it makes you feel better I had gone a ridiculously long time without getting anything. So you're probably due too!

Magnus

I hate getting golden rares or golden epics that I don't yet have in normal form. It's like, fuck, these could be so much dust, but what if I ever want to use them? lol

Case in point, I got a golden Mindgames last week for my priest. Ultimately, it would be really cool to have all golden cards for my main class, but until then, I'd really rather just have more cards in the interim and worry about function over form, so to speak.

Thankfully, Mindgames isn't a critical epic like Cabal Priest or Lightbomb or anything, so I'm heavily considering DE'ing it to get closer to another legendary craft.

But...it's kind of a fun card. lol. And you could strategize a bit with it and read into your opponent's deck in advance.

What do you guys think?

Miletius

I know the pain, dude. I went ages with nothing.

I think I'm through buying GvG packs now since they're arena rewards. Rounded my collection out a lot more with these originals, whereas 90% of my GvG packs seem to get dusted these days.

But damn do I want some of the new legendaries....lol.

Guys. Someone stop me from buying more.....I should quit while I'm ahead, I know. I just feel like there might be a Velen, or an Antonidas, or something waiting for me in another set of packs....

edit-

I should have quit while I was ahead. Bought another round because I'm crazy. One legendary did pay me a visit, but not quite what I wanted...lol.

On the plus side, by DE'ing him and a couple of goldens, I'm close to another legendary craft. What should it be? Got Dr. Boom, Sylvanas and Rag now (can't even believe it), as well as Millhouse below, Jaraxxus, Blingtron, Leeroy, and Al'akir. I feel like I should finally craft a legendary for my favourite class, Priest. Velen or Vol'jin, or maybe Archmage Antonidas because it's the crown jewel in a Mech Mage deck and he's just so cool.

IUNNO. Help.

vF1tWJa.png

Grats!!

I did...with Millhouse. lol. Someone else keep it going!

If you are going to craft a Preist Legendary, I would recommend Vol'jin over Velen. Velen hasn't been all that useful, he's been in a couple of gimmicky decks but nothing like Vol'jin who is a priest staple.

JesseZao

Hosty man... Just give up. Internet has totally branded you a cheater, no one will respect you now

He must incorrectly think his situation is similar to rdu's. Hard to watch people destroy their public image. His outlook for the near future is to be confined to being a streamer and try to get into blizzcon from ranked points only.

JesseZao

What happened with rdu?

He was accused of cheating during a live event because people were sending him messages during his games. It was a tournament organization problem. People thought certain messages were code for what cards his opponent just drew. The most traction being given to a "hi mom" message near a time the other person drew Leeroy and then another time the message was in Romanian and mentioned "hunter's mark." It was a lesson learned that they need a DND mode for tournaments or at least different accounts to use.

RDU still gets flack for it because it's a twitch meme, but it was determined that he didn't have a conspiracy to cheat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The dumbest mechanic that I love when it happens in my favor is that a battle cry kills my mad scientist, pulling Mirror Entity onto the filed, which then copies the minion that killed the scientist.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How sad is it that Dr. Boom is singlehandedly turning BGH from tech to staple and MCT from arena trash to tech?

So sad.

inky

Asking for opinions here. This is my "fun in ladder" Druid. I know it's not the most efficient, but I like it, so, how would you guys improve it?

Np2sp2c.png

I've tried Yetis instead of Gnomish Inventors, but the card draw is efficient enough by turn 3/4. Used to have 2 Starfalls, but I don't face much Zoo anymore and against Mech Mage/Hunter it does alright (provided I can taunt up early). Worst match ups are Echo Mage, Handlock and Priest, although if I can get a Wild Growth early on and get my Legendaries out before they are normally countered I usually do OK. That is also the reason I still have WG instead of Grove Tenders. With GT that crystal mana advantage simply doesn't happen.

What do you think?

Magnus

The feeling when you are opening packs, you see the orange glow for the first time in a long time, the voice yells "LEGENDARY", the card slowly turns around...

...and then it's Hogger.

Brutal. Does anyone ekes mouse over for glows before actually turning cards around? I have some weird habits when opening packs, I guess. I like to ritualize it, lol

Xanathus

Holy fuck, Dethelor played around MCT against Forsen by wasting one of his minions away ... then Forsen topdecked MCT the next turn.

ZZMitch

Brutal. Does anyone ekes mouse over for glows before actually turning cards around? I have some weird habits when opening packs, I guess. I like to ritualize it, lol

I do that heh.

Also, keeping the legendary train going! First one in a while :D

b9e72dc2-eb13-44e7-bbda-4f6a30493d5b_zps344d5026.png

That was also my 3rd golden Jeeves somehow.

Players play great throughout entire game, get one good RNG, entire game is invalidated. I love it.

Delethor bringing 3 Aggro decks is hilarious to me. Where is your dignity?! Forsen not couping against Mech Mage was silly though. Just removing Delethor's first choice for Aggro gives you an advantage going out.

Magnus

I do that heh.

Also, keeping the legendary train going! First one in a while :D

b9e72dc2-eb13-44e7-bbda-4f6a30493d5b_zps344d5026.png

That was also my 3rd golden Jeeves somehow.

Sweet! Keep the train goin guys. Lol

I was actually tempted to get more today. I think 30 packs and 4 Legendaries is enough though.

Slashlen

I do this too. I check the glow of every card first, then I turn them in order of rarity, ending with useless commons.

Haly

I draw a pentagram across the cards in the hopes that our dark lord satan would grace me with the legendaries.

Haly

You guys are terrible. Any Blizzard employee reading this thread is just reclining back and watching the money roll in.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think I'm going to spend any more money until they add more cards, I got enough. I even sitting on 1k gold now

Have around 2k dust and looking to expand my legendary list.

My current inventory: Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, Grommash, Velen, Mimiron's Head

Not really sure what I'm wanting to ladder with next season, but leaning towards priest or druid.

Help me choose HSGAF!

Not really sure what I'm wanting to ladder with next season, but leaning towards priest or druid.

Help me choose HSGAF!

Ragnaros for something that will fit into most decks.
Tech choices: Black Knight for dealing with Taunts, Harrison for lots of Weapons (I've been running into TONS of Face Warrior lately)
Vol'jin for Control Priest (devastating with Holy Smite combo)
Druid? Assuming you're ramping, probably Cenarius or even Sneed's since you already have Dr. Balance.

Avinexus

Help me choose HSGAF!

Priest is in a bad spot right now, so I would go with Druid.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I hate the use of outside tools in draft (arena). It just takes out half of the skill needed to compete, but this is played on the internet and people will use whatever to gain an edge.

Its the nature of the beast.

"I hate useful educational tools that literally impart no additional advantage except what the player can do by applying what they've learned"

Did you play Hunter or something? : p

Pooya

this page reads like ad for some pyramid scheme scam. "if you buy too now you will get legendary!" :( fff

I still have my Baron Geddon and Deathwing forever ;_;

I made this deck:
Resident_Evil.png

I hit legend with it, first time for GVG.

When I threw it together I didn't know it would do as well as it did. I ended up going a 67.7% winrate from rank 5 to legend. I didn't change a single card after I made the deck.

I think the only class I had trouble with was rogue and they're playing a pretty aggressive oil based deck with double sap. But still overall I was 7-5 vs them. Anyway, I'll just post the stats:
RE_stats.png

No BGH targets, no stupid knife juggler RNG, no RAG rng, no shredder RNG... there is mind control tech RNG but usually against aggro it doesn't make a huge difference what you take exactly.

Also, mech aggro mages are running mirror entity now. Zombie chow it up and you get yourself some free additional healing to keep yourself out of lethal range.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
True... Blizzard always takes their sweet time nerfing Legendaries. Took them forever to nerf Pagle, Tinkmaster and Sylvanas even though everyone was telling Blizzard they were OP as hell. Pagle in fact was about to be banned from tournaments.

I think I would be fine if Doom was changed to a 7/6 or a 7/5 with the Boombots hitting for 2 damage instead of 1-4. There is already a lot of RNG in play in terms of where the explosions will land, having them either do shit damage or a considerable amount of damage is outrageous. Like Kripparian says, Boom Bots are 1 drops that people would actually play in Arena due to their potential ability to trade up.

Let's put it this way - I play DB for the bots, not the Boom. Don't even care if they kill the Doc and leave the bots... especially if I have KT in hand.

Mwahahahaha

I was so frustrated at losing to dr. boom over and over with my rogue deck. When I switched to paladin the card seemed infantile. I seemed to always be able to take out dr. boom, aldor him, mind control tech him or some other minion, clear him out with my minions and then kelthuzad, and often mind control tech AND bgh if it failed to steal. That deck I just posted deals with dr. boom very well.

And when you need to absorb boom bot deathrattles, muster for battle is amazing.

"I hate useful educational tools that literally impart no additional advantage except what the player can do by applying what they've learned"

Did you play Hunter or something? : p

I wouldn't call it educational. It just makes your decisions for you.

It's one thing to watch streams and listen to a person's reasoning on why they pick cards the way they do....but to use it to give you the optimal pick for every selection...that's just weak imo.

Sokka

Unstable Portal into Sneed's Old Shreeder into Deathwing.. I felt so sorry for the guy.

This is the only way I can play with legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom