• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough.
I just think that they're close enough to have the synergy.

Both cards could use a buff, and those would be good ones. I don't really care too much about whether or not it makes sense in the fiction.

gutshot

WTF is this shit

dkUGIC7.jpg

Eke out 8 wins with a crappy shaman deck (no hexes, no lightning storms, 1 fire ele) and I get this. Thanks Blizz.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Looks like a pretty standard set of arena rewards to me for 8 wins. Not sure why you're complaining?

Magnus

How many Legendaries is too many in a priest deck? Lol.

I'm tempted to run them all but that seems a little foolish. (Sylvanas, Loatheb, Rag, Voljin, Boom)

Are there any primers out there for Oil Rouge? I've been running my own take on it, but I've never seen anyone play it on stream so I feel like there might be synergies I'm not noticing.

Sitting at Rank 13 right now, so I'm not doing too bad with it.

Mad scientist is such a piece of shit card.

Blizz doesn't need to bother nerfing boom. It needs to axe scientist.

It forces you to run cards that are generally bad for tempo? Drawing into Mirror Entity, for example, is fairly bad for tempo. None of the secrets are particularly strong when not pulled from a Mad Scientist.

Levi

Banned
Went from 22 to 17, back down to 20, and ended the day at 15. Last month was my first on the ladder, but I didn't have much success. Hoping to climb to 10 or so this season.

Eternia

Hooray, finally managed to reach the 12 win club on my 18th arena. Never made it past 9 wins prior to that. The rewards were crappy and it took nearly 3 hours to play through all those matches but I never knew how nerve-racking those final couple of games would be (especially with me sitting at 2 losses by that point). I didn't believe this deck would go that far but what do I really know.

That was a fun afternoon, maybe I'll settle down a bit next time around as well.

ZealousD

I dunno, I get annoyed when I get even one common card as a reward. Getting two plus basically the minimum amount of gold kinda sucks, y'know?

Well, one of them is gold, which is worth far more. Instead of complaining about how your particular set of rewards at a particular win level is below average, you should be thinking "awesome, I got 8 wins, which means this arena run paid for itself, plus I got a pack, and two cards, one of which was gold!"

It's sort of like people complaining that they opened a pack and got a crappy legendary. You got something awesome, it's dumb to complain because "oh man it could have been even more awesome."

Went from 22 to 17, back down to 20, and ended the day at 15. Last month was my first on the ladder, but I didn't have much success. Hoping to climb to 10 or so this season.

If you can get to 15 today, you can end the season at Rank 5. Raise that goal!

Pooya

I guess it's start of the new season, even at level 20 people have stacks of legendary, from fifth turn to the end every turn, ahhhh. that no "worthy opponent".

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe I'll try for legend again this month, made it to 1 but ended the season on 3. Gotta do another deck though, I played 300+ mech mage games.

Xanathus

Silly me decided to pick up Guild Wars 2 which has daily quests and shit and now I don't have enough time to juggle daily quests between this game and GW2. And then Diablo 3's season 2 is coming up....

VoxPop

Rarely been playing and decided to clear a quest tonight to make room for a new one. Made a quick 100 gold to spend on a classic pack and ended up finding an Archmage Antonidas :)

Rarely been playing and decided to clear a quest tonight to make room for a new one. Made a quick 100 gold to spend on a classic pack and ended up finding an Archmage Antonidas :)

Nice. Antonidas was my first legendary, I was so pumped to get it. I played Trump's f2p mage from his first f2p series and subbed him in but it didn't work out so hot. It's become a very usuable card now though with all the tinkers and such.

ViviOggi

I could see Foe Reaper in Ramp Druid. Much like Sneeds it's an 8-drop without an immediate effect so it's only potentially worthwile in a cheating deck.

Don't craft it over Alex and Rag though.

Szadek

Foe reaper any good? I want to craft my next leg. eyeing rags and alex, running handlock mainly.
The problem is,he is slow.Rag and alex do something as soon as they hit the board.
Which means even if they die immediately,they still did damage/healing.
Reaper does nothing till turn 9.
I think he is a decent replacement if you don't have cards like rag,but if you have the choice you probably shouldn't play him.

Side note:Running both, Alex and Jaxxus,is usually overkill,unless the meta is all about control.

Szadek

Oh, no got foe reaper was thinking of dusting it for alex or rags, lol didn't make myself clear, sorry.
In that casse you should probably keep him.
I think he could work in handlock,as well as other greedy decks for that matter,because you have that many strong cards that your oppnent will sooner or later run out of removal.
It helps that hunter are not as good as before.

ZealousD

Well, I'd never de a potentially playable, non-dupe legendary for only 400 dust. Foe Reaper is not even close to Millhouse/The Beast tier.

He's in that mech priest deck that's running around right now. I could tell he was best in priest even based on my limited exposure to him in arena. If you can heal him up then he can just lock down a game permanently if your opponent doesn't have hard removal. Since mech-mage often doesn't run Polymorph I could see him as a win-condition in a deck meant to counter mech-mage.

ViviOggi

He's in that mech priest deck that's running around right now. I could tell he was best in priest even based on my limited exposure to him in arena. If you can heal him up then he can just lock down a game permanently if your opponent doesn't have hard removal. Since mech-mage often doesn't run Polymorph I could see him as a win-condition in a deck meant to counter mech-mage.

Interesting. I've actually played around with him in Ramp Druid after the prior discussion and he's been doing more work than expected.

Celegus

I don't play Priest at all, but have noticed people are pretty into Prophet Velen to the point of possibly crafting him. I've had him forever but never used him... are there other cards that are kind of needed to make the best use of him? I'm probably missing them if so, my Priest collection is pretty spotty.

Tacitus_

I had lethal on board vs a druid and then... tree of life
EgjnVnW.gif

And then I lost to a lone spectral knight who I couldn't ping down from 2 hp T_T

I don't play Priest at all, but have noticed people are pretty into Prophet Velen to the point of possibly crafting him. I've had him forever but never used him... are there other cards that are kind of needed to make the best use of him? I'm probably missing them if so, my Priest collection is pretty spotty.
From my Priest musings, the only cards you could be missing would be Holy Fire and Light of the Naaru, both Rares. Also good with Smite but I seemed to always use both before I got Velen down.

There's also Shadowform and Mind Blast but I don't think Burn Priest is a thing yet. I've tried some but not a lot. Seems like it'd be fun though.

Edit: If you want to try Priest out, id say Vol'jin is better but I'm not an expert.

Celegus

From my Priest musings, the only cards you could be missing would be Holy Fire and Light of the Naaru, both Rares. Also good with Smite but I seemed to always use both before I got Velen down.

There's also Shadowform and Mind Blast but I don't think Burn Priest is a thing yet. I've tried some but not a lot. Seems like it'd be fun though.

Edit: If you want to try Priest out, id say Vol'jin is better but I'm not an expert.

Vol'Jin does look good, but I haven't pulled him yet. Velen is one of my only 4 legendaries. I just wasn't sure if people typically used him for bonus healing power or for damage with Shadowform (which I don't have).

ShinNL

Shadowform is actually awesome for slow paced control. After casting it you basically have a cardless 2 damage removal, so you automatically end up out valuing your opponent. Your only real risk is getting hit in the face, but there are plenty of other cards that help with that instead.

I think the ideal use for him is to either recover a lot of health from Lesser Heal + Light for 10 health since that's about all you can do with him. Things get crazy if you have a Soul Priest as well since that'll give you a lot of power from your spells but that was always super rare for me. There might be something better out there but I haven't found or heard of it.

Best dream scenario is getting him to an attacking turn for 17 damage with an attack + Holy Fire. He's definitely a minion that'll pay off if he stays up, just seems hard to do so.

ZealousD

Vol'Jin does look good, but I haven't pulled him yet. Velen is one of my only 4 legendaries. I just wasn't sure if people typically used him for bonus healing power or for damage with Shadowform (which I don't have).

Definitely the heal bonus. Shadow priest is basically not a thing.

mxgt

Banned
Ok its legendary crafting time. I've narrowed it down to:

Thalnos
Harrison
Sneed's
Troggzor
Ysera

Sneed's or Troggzor imo.

When Dr. Boom gets the nerf stick, those two will be in so many decks. I already run them in some decks and they're super powerful, both because of the effect and the BGH immunity.

Speaking of Priest, could use a hand tweaking this if anyone has any ideas;

Basically it's this deck but modified for Gazlowe. I'd say it's not too radically different, but it might just be enough to make it not work too right. I'd say it works rather decently but the biggest issue is running into other Control, especially Handlock. Makes me want to run Light Bomb but no idea what to take out for it. I'll probably just have to fiddle around with it as things change. Best part though is when people exhaust themselves and I use Gazlow to refill my hand / board. I think one of the best cards to get is Cobalt Guardian since you usually get more Mechs to keep him alive.

Things I'm think about is dropping Mind Control for another power card to eat some removal, but the idea is that the MC'd minion would do that for me. I kind of feel like I want to trade out Dark Cultist and Shredders for other stuff, but they're probably too integral to the deck since they help you keep a board presence.

I'm not sure about anything, just have to keep messing around.

ViviOggi

Foe Reaper legit slaying in my Ramp Druid

He's locking down so many games vs Zoo and MM in particular, I wonder how it'll perform once I'm out of the trash ranks again
sup

Whats with the av? Have you gone full ugu~~ in my absence?
Leave Max alone okay

Life is Strange GOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom